Kerin Kelly Quits

User avatar
mimi
Posts: 31119
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 am

Kerin Kelly Quits

#1

Post by mimi » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Army veteran says he was 'singled out' after objecting to email suggesting President Obama isn't U.S. citizenPublished: Monday, August 29, 2011, 9:31 AM Updated: Monday, August 29, 2011, 9:44 AMBy Challen Stephens, The Huntsville Times Kelly, 44, said executives at Hawk Enterprises, a defense contractor, singled him out for questioning because he had objected to an email from a co-worker. The email had suggested that President Obama wasn't a natural-born U.S. citizen.Kelly, an African-American and a Republican, told co-workers the message carried racist implications, suggesting that blacks were not full citizens. Days later, in the corporate vice president's office, Kelly said he felt cornered.The vice president, according to Kelly, said that it was patriotic to question Obama's citizenship. Kelly, diagnosed with post-traumatic stress, said the room began to spin. He had the overwhelming urge to flee. So he did.more:[/break1]al.com/breaking/2011/08/army_veteran_says_he_was_singl.html]http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/08/arm ... singl.html



ducktape
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Kerin Kelly Quits

#2

Post by ducktape » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Mmmmm - I think it would be patriotic to question why Hawk is continuing to receive defense contracts, if that's the way they treat their employees.



Bran Mak Morn
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 am

Kerin Kelly Quits

#3

Post by Bran Mak Morn » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 pm

I didn't know where to put this.[/break1]al.com/breaking/2011/08/army_veteran_says_he_was_singl.html]http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/08/arm ... singl.htmlThis is a travesty: a veteran, suffering from his time in the military, was harassed by his boss, being told that it is patriotic to question Obama's status. And so, with the stress, he felt forced out and "quit"; now he is being denied unemployment. And the birthers are showing how little respect they have for veterans in the comments!



User avatar
raicha
Posts: 7345
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Contact:

Kerin Kelly Quits

#4

Post by raicha » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 pm

I didn't know where to put this.[/break1]al.com/breaking/2011/08/army_veteran_says_he_was_singl.html]http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/08/arm ... singl.htmlThis is a travesty: a veteran, suffering from his time in the military, was harassed by his boss, being told that it is patriotic to question Obama's status. And so, with the stress, he felt forced out and "quit"; now he is being denied unemployment. And the birthers are showing how little respect they have for veterans in the comments!It would go here: http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... =53&t=6464



Bran Mak Morn
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 am

Kerin Kelly Quits

#5

Post by Bran Mak Morn » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:00 pm

It would go here: http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6464Thanks, and sorry. I saw the info elsewhere, but my focus has been to try to get on facebook. When I log in there, it sends me to an "Oops, something is wrong" page and basically says wait as they try to fix it. I have read others who get it say it can be days, weeks or months before it is fixed. It seemed to happen soon after a stupid birther was complaining I commented on their WND comment and said they reported me to facebook for commenting on her page (I tried to tell her she was posting on WND but she seemed clueless; and I fear facebook people are clueless and so did something to my account).Nonetheless, this is a very sad story. This is someone who might have other problems, but nonetheless, it is clear, some birthers create hostile environments...



Minitman
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#6

Post by Minitman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:36 pm

I am not seeing where Hawk has done anything wrong. Cultures exist at every company and some employees will disagree with that culture.
To call it racism when there is a groundswell of skepticism over the birthplace of the president is to pull out a card which, in my humble opinion, is too often overplayed. Was the president being racist when he called out the majority white Cambridge Police Department for "acting stupidly?
My automatic assumption was that the Army made you a man. "Fight or Flight" is an instinctual decision that is made and his instincts apparently told him to fly. Thankfully, no one's lives depended on him at that moment.
But thank you for your service, Mr. Kelly



User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 27113
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#7

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:31 pm

This is a really old thread, so I moved the whole thread into the FEMA camp, along with our new concern troll birther, who thinks there's a groundswell of skepticism over the birthplace of the president. You're four years behind, that's a lot of minits, Minitman.


Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 12612
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#8

Post by Dolly » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Minitman wrote:<snip>
My automatic assumption was that the Army made you a man. "Fight or Flight" is an instinctual decision that is made and his instincts apparently told him to fly. Thankfully, no one's lives depended on him at that moment.
But thank you for your service, Mr. Kelly
Kelly, diagnosed with post-traumatic stress... :fingerwag:


I found a court case that I am not able to access without joining.

Kelly v. Hawk Enterprises, LLC

Case Number: 5:11-cv-03649

Court: Alabama Northern

Nature of Suit: 442(Civil Rights: Jobs)

Judge: Judge C Lynwood Smith, Jr

http://www.law360.com/cases/4e9d8035e584981bd3000001


Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 10869
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#9

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:03 am

And this has what to do with ANYTHING anyone gives a rat's hiney for?


The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Slartibartfast
Posts: 6984
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#10

Post by Slartibartfast » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:26 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:And this has what to do with ANYTHING anyone gives a rat's hiney for?
If Minitman isn't just a one-off drive by, then he'd be the first birther we'd had in the FEMA camp in quite a while.


"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 27113
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#11

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:07 am

True dat, and I wonder how he didn't find us for more than 7 years. Talk about a Johnny-come-lately!


Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

User avatar
Family Liberty Patriot
Posts: 4486
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: Southern Orlystan
Occupation: Czar of All the Russias

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#12

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:24 am

Still, he has a point: misguided or no, birferism can't be about race because nothing is ever about race. We shouldn't even be allowed to talk about race any more.


"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 6197
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#13

Post by Sam the Centipede » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:35 am

Family Liberty Patriot wrote:Still, he has a point: misguided or no, birferism can't be about race because nothing is ever about race. We shouldn't even be allowed to talk about race any more.
Aren't you being a racist discussing talking about race?! :sarcasm:



Minitman
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#14

Post by Minitman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:55 am

This thread came to me through a recent search of the man. Birtherism is one issue, victimhood is another. Believe what you want politically but have the nads to stand up for your beliefs with passion and pride. You can't claim racism and PTSD at the same time when YOU resign your position with your own words from your own mouth.
A good man would be proud to leave on his own terms.

Now ask the question: "Is this the only time this person has claimed to be the victim at Human Resources at any of his other places of employment"?

No it is not.



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#15

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:57 am

Minitman wrote:This thread came to me through a recent search of the man. Birtherism is one issue, victimhood is another. Believe what you want politically but have the nads to stand up for your beliefs with passion and pride. You can't claim racism and PTSD at the same time when YOU resign your position with your own words from your own mouth.
A good man would be proud to leave on his own terms.

Now ask the question: "Is this the only time this person has claimed to be the victim at Human Resources at any of his other places of employment"?

No it is not.
WTF does that mean? People who peddle birtherism are racists trying to delegitimize a popularly elected, eligible President. One who just happens to have more melanin than his predecessors?



Minitman
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#16

Post by Minitman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:10 am

It's cool Democrats can claim racism on the question of WHERE a person is born. That is an exclusive dog whistle to everyone who believes that there may be a crack in the WALL that surrounds the plantation. Democrats are the only people, and always have been, with a wall that works.



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#17

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:21 am

Minitman wrote:It's cool Democrats can claim racism on the question of WHERE a person is born. That is an exclusive dog whistle to everyone who believes that there may be a crack in the WALL that surrounds the plantation. Democrats are the only people, and always have been, with a wall that works.
The claim is not over just any person. It's the first African American President. And the claim is that he was born in Africa. And it was made to delegitimize him.

Racism? Yes? Concern trolling? Obviously. And you're not even good at the latter.



Minitman
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#18

Post by Minitman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:24 am

And congratulations on all that our popularly elected president has done to make like better for minorities:

Minority home ownership: Down
Minority income: Down
Minority unemployment rate: Up
Minority workforce participation: Down
Unwed minority birth rate: Up
Minority incarceration rate: Up
Minority HS graduation rate: Down
Black on black murder rate: Up

All this in just 8 glorious years after a post racial president was elected.

Nice choice and nice work, BO!



User avatar
bob
Posts: 25254
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#19

Post by bob » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:33 am

Minitman wrote:It's cool Democrats can claim racism on the question of WHERE a person is born. That is an exclusive dog whistle to everyone who believes that there may be a crack in the WALL that surrounds the plantation. Democrats are the only people, and always have been, with a wall that works.
"Wall"? "Plantation"? And then whines about dog-whistle racism? :roll:

There is no crack in the narrative surrounding President Obama's birth. Since you appreciate testicular fortitude so much: instead of expressing a generalized concern that some people have doubts about where President Obama was born, just plainly state your position about the topic. And be prepared to cite evidence in support.

Not all birthers are explicitly racist, but some are. And the ones that aren't seem very comfortable with those who are explicitly racist. If you can provide race-neutral reasons why President Obama's birth narative has been more heavily scrutinized than any other president or candidate, do so.

If you want to not be accused of dog whistling, the first step is to stop whistling at dogs.


Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 6197
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#20

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Minitman wrote:It's cool Democrats can claim racism on the question of WHERE a person is born. That is an exclusive dog whistle to everyone who believes that there may be a crack in the WALL that surrounds the plantation. Democrats are the only people, and always have been, with a wall that works.
You really are an unpleasant sack of racist shit. Let me guess - you'll be voting for Donald Trump in the upcoming election? He's your kind of guy! A fuckwit blowhard!



User avatar
Family Liberty Patriot
Posts: 4486
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: Southern Orlystan
Occupation: Czar of All the Russias

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#21

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Our new racist concern troll has problems differentiating correlation and causation; this does not bode well for a fruitful discussion.


"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#22

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Family Liberty Patriot wrote:Our new racist concern troll has problems differentiating correlation and causation; this does not bode well for a fruitful discussion.
We would put him in touch with the promissory note guy and they could entertain each other by jaqqing off.



User avatar
Family Liberty Patriot
Posts: 4486
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: Southern Orlystan
Occupation: Czar of All the Russias

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#23

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:42 pm

The Two Sophists of Ypsilanti?


"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 7366
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#24

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:52 pm

Minitman wrote:And congratulations on all that our popularly elected president has done to make like better for minorities:

Minority home ownership: Down
Minority income: Down
Minority unemployment rate: Up
Minority workforce participation: Down
Unwed minority birth rate: Up
Minority incarceration rate: Up
Minority HS graduation rate: Down
Black on black murder rate: Up

All this in just 8 glorious years after a post racial president was elected.

Nice choice and nice work, BO!
That argument would work better if it contained any, you know, facts.

Sad, really.


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

User avatar
Plutodog
Posts: 11945
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

#25

Post by Plutodog » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:33 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Minitman wrote:And congratulations on all that our popularly elected president has done to make like better for minorities:

Minority home ownership: Down
Minority income: Down
Minority unemployment rate: Up
Minority workforce participation: Down
Unwed minority birth rate: Up
Minority incarceration rate: Up
Minority HS graduation rate: Down
Black on black murder rate: Up

All this in just 8 glorious years after a post racial president was elected.

Nice choice and nice work, BO!
That argument would work better if it contained any, you know, facts.

Sad, really.
He's not gonna be happy here...all the insistence on demonstrable facts, cites, etc. It's discriminatory, I tells ya!


The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Post Reply

Return to “FEMA Camp 7½”