Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next   
 Post subject: jbjd
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 pm 

She didn't get much interest on Free Republic.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-blo ... 8526/posts?

Even Orly gets more respect. ?(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:05 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp Pontchartrain, Tchefuncte River Lighthouse Annex
Double post. See below for the improved version.

"This could be it Folks!" - charlesmountain January 19, 2011 at 1:09 am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:10 pm 

jbjd wrote:
Butterfly Bilderberg wrote:
jbjd wrote:
Boyd Richie really should have responded to the request for records under the Texas Open Records Law, or at least complied with the provision that allows him not to produce as long as he asks for an AG opinion.

The law formerly known as the Texas Public Records Act (now known as the Texas Public Information Act) provides a mechanism for citizens to inspect government records. I'm curious as to why you believe Texas Government Code, Chapter 552 applies to a nongovernmental entity such as the Texas Democratic Party.

Several provisions within the Texas statutes carve out such 'public official status' for political parties. For the latest case sustaining this approach, see http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10391674/LULAC-V-Texas-Democratic-Party/

Apples and oranges. You are trying to import into a Texas statute a definition applicable to a federal statute. Unless you can demonstrate that a Texas court has adopted the federal definition and grafted it into the Texas statute, your argument fails.

The statute at issue in the LULAC case was the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965, specifically Section 5 ([link]42 U.S.C.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:16 pm 

jbjd wrote:
I used that line because I am weary of zealous adherents to what sound to me like talking points tied to self-identification with a particular political party, but not to facts or reason. And both sides call names.

It must be very refreshing for you to be arguing here on PJ, then, where everyone disputing your cockamamie theories has been doing so based on logic, reason, and the law, and not one of them has done so from the standpoint of party affiliation or talking points, self-identified or otherwise.

As for myself, in all the flim-flam, I think I missed where you cited any situation where:
1. Obama or any Obama surrogate, including the DNC, NP, or any Obama lawyer
2. ever had duty, obligation, or requirement
3. under statute, common law, or court order
4. to show or provide a proof or documentation of any aspect of eligibility
5. that they did not heed, or refused.

I don't know, maybe I am just dense. Can you spell it out, as if I were a 4th grader playing MadLibs:

1. _____Name____, acting as _____official role______
2. had a ______type of legal obligation______
3. as spelled out in _______law or court citation_____ governing _____acts under a relevant jurisdiction____
4. to _____type of disclosure_____ _____type of proof_____ ____proof of what_____
5. that they ____type of refusal, with date and citation____.

Thank you.

unsound mind, a dimension of unreality, a dimension
of really, really bad law. You've just crossed over
into the Orly Zone."
-- Geritol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm 

Quote:
Governmental body is defined to include traditional governmental entities, other than the
judiciary, such as county commissioners courts, municipal governing bodies, and any board, commission, department, committee, institution, agency, or office that is within or is created by the executive or legislative branch of state government and that is directed by one or more elected or appointed members.

It also includes:

(iv) a deliberative body that has rulemaking or quasi-judicial power and that is classified as a department, agency or political subdivision of a county or municipality;

Even if a political party were to be considered to be a political subdivision, it would not be one of a county or municipality nor would it have quasi-judicial power

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:53 pm 

And of course, JBJD knows that a Political Party is not bound by the open records laws
Quote:
DNC General Counsel Joseph Sandler, claiming he was responding to requests that were directed to Alice Germond, DNC Secretary, said,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:54 pm 

[center]GOVERNMENT CODE

TITLE 5. OPEN GOVERNMENT; ETHICS

SUBTITLE A. OPEN GOVERNMENT

CHAPTER 552. PUBLIC INFORMATION

SUBCHAPTER A. GENERAL PROVISIONS[/center]

Sec. 552.003. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:

(1) "Governmental body":

(A) means:

(i) a board, commission, department, committee, institution, agency, or office that is within or is created by the executive or legislative branch of state government and that is directed by one or more elected or appointed members;

(ii) a county commissioners court in the state;

(iii) a municipal governing body in the state;

(iv) a deliberative body that has rulemaking or quasi-judicial power and that is classified as a department, agency, or political subdivision of a county or municipality;

(v) a school district board of trustees;

(vi) a county board of school trustees;

(vii) a county board of education;

(viii) the governing board of a special district;

(ix) the governing body of a nonprofit corporation organized under Chapter 67, Water Code, that provides a water supply or wastewater service, or both, and is exempt from ad valorem taxation under Section 11.30, Tax Code;

(x) a local workforce development board created under Section 2308.253;

(xi) a nonprofit corporation that is eligible to receive funds under the federal community services block grant program and that is authorized by this state to serve a geographic area of the state; and

(xii) the part, section, or portion of an organization, corporation, commission, committee, institution, or agency that spends or that is supported in whole or in part by public funds; and

(B) does not include the judiciary.

Quote:
DNC General Counsel Joseph Sandler, claiming he was responding to requests that were directed to Alice Germond, DNC Secretary, said,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm 

nbc wrote:
And of course, JBJD knows that a Political Party is not bound by the open records laws
Quote:

into the Orly Zone."
-- Geritol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:43 pm 

Hear, hear, verbie.

I would add, if everyone who interprets a law differently than the courts have filed suit based on their misinterpretation, GRIDLOCK. Even lawyers screw up (pause for a Stern-ly worded :? hey!) occasionally . Laymen don't have an adequate framework from which to challenge a hundred-plus years of precedent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:13 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
kate520 wrote:
Hear, hear, verbie.

I would add, if everyone who interprets a law differently than the courts have filed suit based on their misinterpretation, GRIDLOCK. [highlight]Even lawyers screw up (pause for a Stern-ly worded :? hey!) occasionally[/highlight]. Laymen don't have an adequate framework from which to challenge a hundred-plus years of precedent.

[-X

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:23 pm 

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
[-X

Hehe, you got off easy :D

into the Orly Zone."
-- Geritol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:20 pm 

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Whatever your day job is -- don't give it up!

Have you forgotten that she uses her day job as a Boston substitute teacher to preach Birtherism to impressionable and unsuspecting young children?

I think we should be encouraging her to give up her day job.

"In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms."
- Stephen Jay Gould

Barackryphal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:38 pm 

Attachment:
jbjd blog.jpg

Attachment:
jbjd PayPal button.jpg

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Substitute teaching doesn't pay well enough.

The scales of justice, conveying the false impression that jbjd is an attorney, are a nice touch.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:44 pm 

As I've said elsewhere on the boards, I've known "Judge Abbott" since he was in law school. While he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and is a total political opportunist, even he would not sully himself by being associated with the birfers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:53 pm 

TexasFilly wrote:
As I've said elsewhere on the boards, I've known "Judge Abbott" since he was in law school. While he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and is [highlight]a total political opportunist[/highlight], even he would not sully himself by being associated with the birfers.

I read that about him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:36 pm 

Quote:
Citizens in Texas have a leg up on other jurisdictions. There, laws treat state party Chairs like public officials."

jbjd, in a moderator reply to "Bob Strauss", April 8, 2010

Uh, no. You have conflated a federal statute and a Texas statute. Abbott's legal staff will readily pick up on that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:47 pm 

If we can pick up on it, Abbott's staff will have quite some fun with it.

Paypal....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 pm 

Occupation: Development Director for The Arc in Hawaii (non-profit supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities)
Hellooooooo.....?

jaybeeejaydeee.....?

anybody there........?

*crickets*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:36 pm 

realist wrote:
BB wrote...
Quote:
jbjd, you never answered realist's question: Does the "jd" in your screen name mean that you are a lawyer? Well, I can answer that question for realist. No. If jbjd were an attorney, then jbjd would not have written the crap above.

That's my conclusion as well.

When I first asked, I really was just curious, as I wanted to know whether I was responding to a layman or someone with legal training/attorney.

Once jb posted the comment you highlighted and explained above, having still not answered my query, I posited that jb must not be an attorney or if he/she is, then an attorney with a complete lack of understanding of very rudimentary legal principles and procedures. While I'm 99% certain it is the former, the latter conclusion would be in line with those "attorneys" who participate in the "eligibility" issue.

jbjd represents, at Citizen Wells, that she has a law degree. If this is true, I think we now have a pretty good idea why she earns a living as a substitute teacher.

Quote:
jbjd // January 22, 2010 at 10:21 pm

#

Michelle // January 22, 2010 at 10:15 pm

jbjd-you are a juris doctor correct? Would that mean that you teach lawyers? even though you are not currently doing that.
Michelle,

No; JD is just the abbreviation of my graduate degree, which is a Juris Doctor. So, I graduated from a 4-year college with a BA, and then from a 3-year law school, with a JD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:53 pm 
jbjd wrote:
froth gibber drool

So win in court, nut.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:54 pm 
OK, I have a question. If one has earned a JD, does that make them an attorney? Or is an attorney only someone who is licensed to practice law? If someone has a JD and never passed the bar in any state, can they call themself an attorney? I know you for you lawyerly types, that is an amazingly dumb question, but I'm just a poor simple country engineer - ( neverbotherednoonenoindeed) Thanks for the splanation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:58 pm 

jbjd and Dr. Kate were on Revolution Radio on BTR on 3/31. I will listen if I have time this weekend and report if there are any gems.

"The ultimate authority on the validity of a government issued document is the government that issued it." - Foggy, January 29, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
It's hard to believe jbjd could have a law degree. Her conflations and analogies are painfully silly, as are her conclusions. She doesn't know how to read a case and determine its holding. She doesn't understand that a definition in one statute for one purpose may not be used in another statute when another purpose is intended. And she doesn't understand that decisions in federal cases applying federal law are not likely to be applicable to totally different state statutory schemes. None of this is something one would expect from a trained legal mind.

On the other hand, we also have Orly Taitz and Charles E. Lincoln. And several other birfoon lawyers who actually have gotten licenses to practice law. In terms of legal reasoning I would place jbjd just about on par with Taitz although she has not been given the opportunity to show her knowledge of procedure, which could elevate her above Taitz. Of course, that's a very low bar to cross. I place it in Death Valley, California.

My suspicion is that if jbjd has a law degree it's about as useless as the one Taitz got. And, like Taitz and Lincoln, jbjd is not earning a living practicing law. There's a reason for that.

Kimba -- You can't call yourself an attorney if you haven't been licensed -- somewhere. Perhaps jbjd could move to Cabinda and the Acting Attorney General could license her there.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:01 pm 

kimba wrote:
OK, I have a question. If one has earned a JD, does that make them an attorney? Or is an attorney only someone who is licensed to practice law? If someone has a JD and never passed the bar in any state, can they call themself an attorney?

Anti-semite Andy Martin has a JD. But he was denied a license to practice law due to mental issues. I don't recall him claiming to be an attorney.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:03 pm 

JBJD sounds like a Hillary supporter who is upset that Obama won the Democratic primaries

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next