Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 159  Next   
 Post subject: Free Republic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:46 am 

Butterfly Bilderberg wrote:
DiogenesLamp thinks he understands law better than every judge
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

note my sig (if you haven't before).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 am 

Location: FEMA Camp Pontchartrain, Tchefuncte River Lighthouse Annex
It's fun to read their posts on Jan. 3. They had such high hopes.

"This could be it Folks!" - charlesmountain January 19, 2011 at 1:09 am

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 am 

Looks like FR has removed 'certifigate', 'birthcertificate' and 'naturalborncitizen' from the popular keywords list. I wonder if Jimbo has decided that there's no more juice in that lemon?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 am 

Occupation: Drone Maintenance @ "Drones RUs" - FAA Licensed and Certified "Drone Service Center©" Call (206) 622-0460 to schedule routine maintenance, warranty, and repairs. Emergencies - If we tell you, we have to bill you.
burriana wrote:
Looks like FR has removed 'certifigate', 'birthcertificate' and 'naturalborncitizen' from the popular keywords list. I wonder if Jimbo has decided that there's no more juice in that lemon?

All that shite was pretty sour anyway.

NOTICE:
This post is a natural product. The slight variation in spelling
and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:16 pm 

burriana wrote:

'palin', 'sarahpalin', and 'freepressforpalin' are gone too. So is 'prolife'. :o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 pm 

Butterfly Bilderberg wrote:
DiogenesLamp thinks he understands law better than every judge:

The problem, you see, is that judges have this tendency to follow precedent:

Also, in a discussion of what the law is, he thinks it's an appeal to popular opinion if you cite actual judicial decisions on the law:

Quote:
You are wrong on the NBC = two citizen parents. The courts will reject your argument.

And now I am beginning to think you are stupid. Again! With that non sequitur!

Let me make this very clear for you. I do not give a D@MN what a Court says about this issue, ESPECIALLY one that has not looked at the evidence. *YOU* may need a minder to tell you what to think, but the rest of us are intelligent enough to research this ourselves and find out what the founders meant.

Yeah! It's not like the role of the courts is to interpret the law or anything like that...

"In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms."
- Stephen Jay Gould

Barackryphal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 pm 

DiogenesLamp has started showing up on the city-data forum:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/23068953-post165.html

It's going to be fun to see how long he lasts outside of the Freeper echo chamber.

― Donald Trump

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:13 am 

Location: FEMA Camp Pontchartrain, Tchefuncte River Lighthouse Annex
Epectitus wrote:
DiogenesLamp has started showing up on the city-data forum:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/23068953-post165.html

It's going to be fun to see how long he lasts outside of the Freeper echo chamber.

Not very long.

Quote:
City-Data Forum Message
Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =D> =D>

"This could be it Folks!" - charlesmountain January 19, 2011 at 1:09 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:26 am 

LOL... what's funny is that he lasted about 12 posts, and they are all now gone.

― Donald Trump

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:34 pm 

Freep goes full circle to early 2008 and "Obama is an Arab" (casual racism duly noted.)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... page=51#51
Quote:
To: RipSawyer
I think one or both of his claimed parents are NOT his parent at all and his whole stated history contains only small elements of reality woven in with a lot of stuff made up of whole cloth.

I'd like for someone to get a hold of his DNA and find out if he really is the first "black/half black" President. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he is an Arabic or some other ethnic with darker colored skin. Many who are not "black" are darker skinned than he. Wouldn't it be amazing for black people who blindly voted for him because he was black to find out it was a trick? I wonder how many would refuse to believe it even if it was proved that he wasn't black?
51 posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 4:29:13 PM by Bellflower (The LORD is Holy, separated from all sin, perfect, righteous, high and lifted up.)

The reply quotes "Dr. Jack Wheeler" instead of Kenneth Lamb, though:
Quote:
To: Bellflower

If Dr. Jack Wheeler is to be believed then even if both parents are as claimed then he is no more than one sixteenth black. He would be fifty percent Caucasian from his mother and Wheeler says his claimed father was only one eighth black and seven eighths Arab.

52 posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 7:10:03 PM by RipSawyer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:50 pm 

Now here's a man who has racism all figured out (in the context of riots erupting when the eebil usurperator is frogmarched):

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... page=53#53

Quote:
The pent up anger on the part of black people is due to their own ignorance, greed and desire to get something for nothing, fueled by disgusting racism on their part and goaded by racist “leaders” and leftists adding fuel to the fire.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:36 am 

entire brand new post nicely exhibiting classic wingnut projection and victimhood:

Quote:
Let's Tell The Truth: America is NOT Racist!
Vanity
| 02-27-12 | Veritas2002

It is racism, plain and simple, that got Barack Obama elected president. When 98% of Black people pulled the lever for Obama, that's racism (probably the same 98% of Blacks who said OJ Simpson was innocent of murdering his White estranged wife).

No, America is not racist but the people who point their fingers at the rest of us ARE the most racist you can find. Contrary to what Martin Luther King Jr asserted, Obama was elected based on the color of his skin. You cannnot get any more racist than that.

[yadayada ...]

It is NOT the average American who is racist in this country - it IS the minority group of vocal LEFTISTS in this country who call everyone else racist who are the REAL racists. They play the race card wherever it can be played.

What will stop this? Only when we call out the true racists in this country - those Blacks who play the race card to eek out advantages for themselves - with the government, in the workplace, in the supermarket. In addition to them, we need to call out those who are intent on calling America a racist country. That is designed to make us feel guilty for injustices we have allegedly done. That has to stop. We need to call the accusers just what they are - the REAL racists since they are the ones talking about race all the time.

The worst thing that Leftist communists worry about is that 1) the race card will no longer play among White people and 2) that Black people will wake up and see that it is not in their personal long term interest to play the race card. It is NOT in the interest of any Black person to play the victim so that the Communists can use them to assert power over the rest of us.

[yadayada ...]

sheesh, i think he just burned through his yearly ration of freeperClichesTM ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:35 am 

aarrgghh wrote:
sheesh, i think he just burned through his yearly ration of freeperClichesTM ...

Whenever I see this racist scream of unconsciousness from some RWNJ, I always imagine they're standing in a Klan robe with a noose in one hand and the torch for the burning cross in the other, yelling "They're the REAL racists!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:57 pm 

aarrgghh wrote:
entire brand new post nicely exhibiting classic wingnut projection and victimhood:

Quote:
Let's Tell The Truth: America is NOT Racist!
Vanity
| 02-27-12 | Veritas2002

[yadayada ...]

What will stop this? Only when we call out the true racists in this country - those Blacks who play the race card to eek =)) =)) out advantages for themselves - with the government, in the workplace, in the supermarket. of us.

[yadayada ...]

Oh noes! In the supermarket! :o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm 

Add this to the list of Great Moments in Freeper Keyboard Legal Scholarship

Quote:
Contrary to uninformed opinion, the ruling in U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark (WKA) did NOT make natural-born citizens of everyone who was born in the U.S. One of the best ways to understand this is by reading the dissent, which defined natural-born citizens (NBC) directly from Vattel's Law of Nations.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2852742/posts

"idunno why anybody is worried about Sharia Law creeping into our judicial system. They should be worried about Orly Law." - mimi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm 

A Legal Lohengrin wrote:
Whenever I see this racist scream of unconsciousness from some RWNJ, I always imagine they're standing in a Klan robe with a noose in one hand and the torch for the burning cross in the other, yelling "They're the REAL racists!"

Whenever I see this racist screed, I wonder whether I really want to go to the coast for the annual huge family Easter dinner. I have gotten this twice now as a direct charge from a person who is nominally sane, and I have skipped two possible encounters. Way back in Spring 2008, he said that if Obama were elected, he would fire half his staff in his investment firm. He still sees a double-dip recession on the way. And he thinks that the employment statistics are simply lies. I don't usually raise my voice in conversations, but I did then. Some of my friends have worked diligently to maintain the integrity of those statistics against any administration that tried to monkey with them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm 

TollandRCR wrote:
And he thinks that the employment statistics are simply lies. I don't usually raise my voice in conversations, but I did then. Some of my friends have worked diligently to maintain the integrity of those statistics against any administration that tried to monkey with them.

When a right wingers starts quoting the U6 figure as the real unemployment figure, I simply agree that its the better definition. Then I point out under Bush unemployment was 9.25% and they usually grow quiet.

"idunno why anybody is worried about Sharia Law creeping into our judicial system. They should be worried about Orly Law." - mimi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 pm 

obot 1024 wrote:
When a right wingers starts quoting the U6 figure as the real unemployment figure, I simply agree that its the better definition. Then I point out under Bush unemployment was 9.25% and they usually grow quiet.

The U6 was 15.4% in January, 2009 & 16.0% in February, 2009. This January the U6 was 16.2%. All figures are not seasonally adjusted. More work to be done, but we are on the right trajectory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:23 pm 

kreisman wrote:
obot 1024 wrote:

The U6 was 15.4% in January, 2009 & 16.0% in February, 2009. This January the U6 was 16.2%. All figures are not seasonally adjusted. More work to be done, but we are on the right trajectory.

I was averaging Bush's entire term. Because usually when quoting the U6 figure for Obama, a right winger will quote the more widely used U3 figure for Bush.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
obot 1024 wrote:
Add this to the list of Great Moments in Freeper Keyboard Legal Scholarship

Quote:
Contrary to uninformed opinion, the ruling in U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark (WKA) did NOT make natural-born citizens of everyone who was born in the U.S. One of the best ways to understand this is by reading the dissent, which defined natural-born citizens (NBC) directly from Vattel's Law of Nations.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2852742/posts

Mostly wrong, but reading the dissent lets us know that the Chief Justice thought that the opinion (from which he was dissenting) meant that Mongols whose parents weren't citizens, and their like, could by virtue of the majority opinion, become NBCs and even be elected POTUS.

Given the choice between Mario Apuzzo's legal stylings or Chief Justice Fuller's dissent on the meaning of Wong Kim Ark, hmmm, which should I choose?

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:09 pm 

When I hear one of these Yahoos say "I'm not racist, but ...," I always prepare myself to hear a racist comment. It never fails.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 am 

hawaii? why, it's barely even a state!

dan crosby wrote:
Today, you can apparently be born under foreign paternity on a remote, multicultural, migratory island hub way out in the Pacific ocean, move to Indonesia with your foreign, non-citizen step-father, attend school under the name and religious identity of that patriarch, then suddenly reappear back on the island four years later under suspicious circumstances without any evidence of repatriation, and none of these circumstances prompts anyone in our government or media to ever so much as question your claim to Natural-born eligibility.

mr rogers wrote:
When the state of Hawaii is described as “a remote, multicultural, migratory island hub way out in the Pacific ocean”, and the blog writer has no knowledge of the law ... then please spare us the blog ping.

DiogenesLamp wrote:
From MY reading, Hawaii was only given State status as a Trade to the Democrats for agreeing to allow Republican Alaska into the Union. Were it on it's own merits, it likely wouldn't have been a state at all, but would have instead been "a remote multicultural, migratory island hub way out in the Pacific ocean" classified as a "territory."

mr rogers wrote:
Is Hawaii a state, and was it so in the 1960s?

Yes. Just as much a state as Iowa, Virginia or Utah.

faucetman wrote:
Hawaii became a state in 1959. Only two years later Obama is born there (supposedly). Hawaii is still in transition from “a remote, multicultural, migratory island hub way out in the Pacific ocean”, to a state, with goofy laws that allow anyone, no matter where they were born, to become a citizen of Hawaii, thus a citizen of the United States. Obama may have obtained his Hawaiian birth certificate (if he even has one) in this manner.

Ha Ha Thats Very Logical wrote:
Wait, is this the new birther line of attack? That Hawaii somehow wasn't a "real" state but some kind of semi-state that hadn't really earned its statehood yet? People have been joking for years that birthers would eventually start demanding Hawaii's statehood certificate--has that day come?

But seriously: do you guys accept that Hawaii qualified as one of the United States for Article II purposes, or not? If so, why even bring up its remoteness or its multiculturalness--isn't that irrelevant?

DiogenesLamp wrote:
I cannot speak for faucetman, but my point was that Hawaii was just BARELY a state, and had the Republicans not tried to make a deal with the Democrats, it is possible that it wouldn't have been a state at all. It would still have been a territory though, so the jurisdiction argument would still apply.

Apart from that, I believe faucetman is pointing out that a territory newly transformed into a state might not have been so picky about the veracity of their records.

... What this means is that unlike all the other states(as far as I know) Hawaii is the ONLY state that you cannot trust on the question of whether or not a child was really born there.

Ha Ha Thats Very Logical wrote:
I think that for the purposes of this discussion, "barely a state" is like "a little bit pregnant." Can we agree that birth in Hawaii counts as birth in the United States, and skip the "remote, multicultural, migratory island hub" nonsense?

DiogenesLamp wrote:
Oh absolutely. I count birth in Hawaii as birth *IN* the United States. I was not trying to suggest otherwise, I was merely pointing out that Hawaii was an "accidental" state. ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:56 am 

Occupation: Drone Maintenance @ "Drones RUs" - FAA Licensed and Certified "Drone Service Center©" Call (206) 622-0460 to schedule routine maintenance, warranty, and repairs. Emergencies - If we tell you, we have to bill you.
I would like to see the Birfers shit a brick when after WWII instead of cutting loose of the Phillipines. we had made it several states because of the population distribution.

When will Puerto Rico ever become a state? Commonwealth status has it's benefits.

NOTICE:
This post is a natural product. The slight variation in spelling
and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am 

well, there ain't no doubt that birfistan's definitely a state ...

... of profound delusion!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 am 

dumb, even for a freeper:

uncle sham wrote:
Big Oil Can Rid Us of the Usurper at No Cost

Big oil has a weapon if it chooses to use it that would rid us of the problem we all most want to be rid of, the usurper.

Imagine an ad where Exxon and Chevron joined forces to offer gasoline free of charge for the summer if Obama would produce a legitimate birth certificate, one that would be legally verifiable in a court of law.

They could make this offer at no risk of ever having to follow through on it because as we all know, such a document does not exist.

What a historic way to save a nation, free of charge.

#-o ](*,) :roll: :horse: :yankyank: :turd: :hammer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 159  Next