Jeffrey's Thread

realist

Re: Jeffrey's Thread

Post by realist » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Suranis wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:13 pm
I think it was the KKK who applied for the permit.
Akshully, the KKK did not have a permit, they had a judge's order.

The counter-protesters had permits.

http://www.snopes.com/counter-demonstra ... ttesville/

ImageX 4 ImageX36

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:13 pm
When you march with a bunch of people angrily chanting "Jews will not replace us!" guess what? You're a nazi.
:yeah: There is no other reason to yell that phrase, IMO.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Maybe they were protesting healthy drinks, and saying "The Juice will not replace us!"

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Suranis wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm
Maybe they were protesting healthy drinks, and saying "The Juice will not replace us!"
Or they were referring to O.J. Simpson.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 pm

I don't think these lighthearted comments are appropriate here. What's next? Joking about the crematoria in the concentration camps during the Holocaust?

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Who knew? It seems that "ironic Nazis" are a thing
Speaking of Rose City Comic Con, how 'bout them 'ironic' nazis? Cosplayers wandering round in 'satirical' (satirising what? This, as yet, remains unreported) Hello Kitty-branded Nazi officer uniforms."
Is this what Jeffrey was taking about?

http://www.wweek.com/culture/2017/09/18 ... D=ref_fark

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:44 pm

I think he meant "iconic nazis."

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am

Now that doesn't justify the N bomb or the use of the firearm but the use of violence was initiated in at least that incident by the alt left. But it does mean that you can't honestly claim that only one group was behaving badly.
Yawn:

Your nazi scumbag friend shot off the gun into the crowd. But as for your equivalence. The nazis went out there with the intention of provoking violence.

http://fortune.com/2017/08/26/charlotte ... ked-chats/

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Right. And the ONLY REASON the other group was there was to voice opposition to the first group. Otherwise they would stay home. I don't get why Jeffrey and others don't see how that makes it not a two-sides thing. One side instigated the event. Whatever happened is on them, whether it's their side's violence or when the people they have enraged by their speech lose their sense of decorum and self-control and lash out. And any LEOs getting hurt or killed is too (also).

The whole sad, shitty mess is on them. Period.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 pm

:yeah:

Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm
Right. And the ONLY REASON the other group was there was to voice opposition to the first group. Otherwise they would stay home. I don't get why Jeffrey and others don't see how that makes it not a two-sides thing. One side instigated the event. Whatever happened is on them, whether it's their side's violence or when the people they have enraged by their speech lose their sense of decorum and self-control and lash out. And any LEOs getting hurt or killed is too (also).

The whole sad, shitty mess is on them. Period.
Jeffrey doesn't get it because he doesn't want to. In his mind he is being even handed and fair when he tsk tsks the nazis and comes down hard on the 8 anarchists who were there. He also finds some intellectual pleasure, apparently, in equating all of the anti-nazi protesters with the 8 anarchists while at the same time saying that some of the people who marched behind the nazi swastika and chanted "Jews will not replace us" were ironically trolling and really just concerned about the Robert E. Lee statue.

Jeffrey is a nazi enabler in the larger scheme of things and a troll on this site. He really must believe in his false equivalences and think the rest of us just aren't quite as smart as he is. There's something broken there and I have no interest in trying to fix it. Let Jeffrey be a legend in his own mind.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 pm

I hope you feel good about writing that, but it is a personal attack on a fellow member of the forum, and of course he isn't reading it because he hasn't visited the board since Tuesday morning at 8:45 a.m., as is easy to see on his profile.

Personally, I wish you'd give it a rest. Please conform with the rules of the forum.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Foggy wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 pm
I hope you feel good about writing that, but it is a personal attack on a fellow member of the forum, and of course he isn't reading it because he hasn't visited the board since Tuesday morning at 8:45 a.m., as is easy to see on his profile.

Personally, I wish you'd give it a rest. Please conform with the rules of the forum.
We're in FEMA Camp 7 1/2. If it's a violation of the rules here, please extirpate it. But please explain how that is the case if we're in the FEMA Camp.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Foggy wrote:

Um, Foggy...
Foggy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:00 am
Jeffrey wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 pm
It's a pattern you seem to be looking for. Other people have observed differently. Neither observation is a valid reference for decisions.
It's not a particularly hard pattern to observe when we literally have these people on national television stating that they support the use of violence against people who hold opinions they (and myself) consider abhorrent.
Intelligent people don't get their facts by watching the Tee Vee. Sensationalist bullshit is mainly what you see there.

I've been part of the left since 1968. In all that time - almost 50 years - there never have been more than a tiny, tiny few fringe idiot leftists who supported violence.

To claim otherwise and base your opinion on what you saw "on national television" just shows how infantile and laughable your opinion is.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Honestly, i find Jeffery pleasent. I'll call him ot if he lies, but i don't have any other feelings about him one way or the other

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Maybe move Jeffery's Thread out of the FEMA Camp to avoid future confuzzlment?

Image Image Image Image Image

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Suranis wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 pm
Honestly, i find Jeffery pleasent. I'll call him ot if he lies, but i don't have any other feelings about him one way or the other
It's all in how you define lies, I suppose. The whole "ironically trolling" thing might not be a deliberate falsehood on his part, but it's not exactly the most intellectually honest position in the universe either.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 pm

To claim otherwise and base your opinion on what you saw "on national television" just shows how infantile and laughable your opinion is.
Here's a quote directly from the rules:
Example: You may say "Your argument is stupid because __________ (and give reasons), but you may not say "You're stupid."
According to my reading of the rule, it's OK to say "Your opinion is infantile and laughable because (reasons)," but it's not OK to say "You're a Nazi enabler."

Isn't that right? Is that a distinction with a difference? It's not that difficult to craft a statement that doesn't break the rule, IMHO. But I will continue to consider opposing opinions.

But yeah, I'm not moving the thread out of the FEMA camp. But Jeffrey (if he comes back) is not in the FEMA camp. I made a mistake, which caused a mess. I just have to learn to live with it.

Meanwhile, I just don't understand why it makes sense to continue raging attacks on a guy who hasn't been seen for 3 days.

:deadhorse:

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:12 am

Foggy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 am
:snippity:
Meanwhile, I just don't understand why it makes sense to continue raging attacks on a guy who hasn't been seen for 3 days.
:deadhorse:
:confused: You have used the internet before, haven't you, Foggy? :-D

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 am

Foggy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 am
Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Here's a quote directly from the rules:
Example: You may say "Your argument is stupid because __________ (and give reasons), but you may not say "You're stupid."
According to my reading of the rule, it's OK to say "Your opinion is infantile and laughable because (reasons)," but it's not OK to say "You're a Nazi enabler."

Isn't that right? Is that a distinction with a difference?
OK, maybe not a technical violation, but I can certainly see how even a comment that doesn't violate the rules could chase someone away.

For what it's worth, I personally don't see the difference between "your argument is stupid" and "you're stupid." I have no problem with "your argument is wrong because...". But, your house, your rules.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:38 am

The difference is that the argument would be stupid no matter who advanced it.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:42 am

Foggy wrote:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 am

Foggy wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:42 pm
The rule against insulting other members of the forum is relaxed in the FEMA Camp, because they're here to cause disruption and because people like to engage in flame wars with trolls, birthers, and SovCits. If you don't want to see the flame wars, and if you don't want to engage with the cray-cray, don't join the FEMA Staff & Visitors group.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18 pm

True dat. If he comes back, you're on. :doh:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18 pm