Alabama Ballot Challenge

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Dallasite » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 am

Ooh! Are McInnish and Goode gonna get Ragsdaled?
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Foggy

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am

:boxing:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Challengingfalsehood

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Challengingfalsehood » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 pm

The questions I would put forward do not relate to Obama directly but to all future presidential candidates.1) Do you desire a mechanism for determining officially if a presidential candidate is eligible?2) Given that there is some honest difference of opinion as to what constitutes a natural born citizen do you desire the Supreme Court to address the issue?Thank you

Plutodog

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Plutodog » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Welcome aboard, Channeling Falsehood. I desire a method of determining if a voter or a candidate is a bigot or not. In either case, they should not be permitted to vote or to run for any office of public trust. Then I don't believe your (2) questions are needed at all. I dispute the second one anyway, unless we're putting one of those orly-law, birfer definitions on the word "honest". Finally, the SC doesn't just address issues. Not it's role. Stick around and learn a bit of something about actual law. :-k
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Myron

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Myron » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 pm

The questions I would put forward do not relate to Obama directly but to all future presidential candidates.1) Do you desire a mechanism for determining officially if a presidential candidate is eligible?2) Given that there is some honest difference of opinion as to what constitutes a natural born citizen do you desire the Supreme Court to address the issue?Thank you1. We have that already.2. There is no dispute on this matter.

verbalobe

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by verbalobe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 pm

The questions I would put forward do not relate to Obama directly but to all future presidential candidates.1) Do you desire a mechanism for determining officially if a presidential candidate is eligible?2) Given that there is some honest difference of opinion as to what constitutes a natural born citizen do you desire the Supreme Court to address the issue?Thank you1. We have that already.2. There is no dispute on this matter.Myron beat me to it.

esseff44

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by esseff44 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:37 pm

1. We have the mechanism you describe. It works just fine.2. There is no honest difference of opinion about the meaning of 'natural born citizen.' It has been well-settled for more than a century and in scores of recent court cases have reaffirmed that decision.Perhaps after you read all those cases and what the judges had to say, you will agree.

Sterngard Friegen

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey, Challengingfalsehood :yankyank: -- why don't you just come out and say it. The current President of the United States has too much melanin in his skin, and it makes some people feel that they have very small body parts.

Have you read Chief Justice Fuller's dissent in United States v. Wong Kim Ark? Have a look at it and tell me if there is any serious question as to what constitutes a natural born citizen.

(And, yes, Fuller, CJ, was very concerned that people of different races could be eligible to be POTUS, even as he conceded that that was the result of the majority opinion.)

bob

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by bob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:43 pm

1) Do you desire a mechanism for determining officially if a presidential candidate is eligible?2) Given that there is some honest difference of opinion as to what constitutes a natural born citizen do you desire the Supreme Court to address the issue?1) No: It is a solution in search of a problem.2) There is no "honest" difference among law professors, judges, and other experts; it is well-settled that birth in the United States is sufficient for natural-born citizenship. As SCOTUS does not rule on well-settled matters, no, I don't desire it to waste its time; I prefer it to focus on legitimate conflicts or uncertainties in the law.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Jim

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Jim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

The questions I would put forward do not relate to Obama directly but to all future presidential candidates.1) Do you desire a mechanism for determining officially if a presidential candidate is eligible?2) Given that there is some honest difference of opinion as to what constitutes a natural born citizen do you desire the Supreme Court to address the issue?Thank you1) It's called Congress, they have the final say on eligibility. It's in the Constitution, something you might want to read sometime.2) Former Supreme Court justice Sandra Day O’Connor: "All of our Presidents have, to date, been born in the 50 states. Notably, President Obama was born in the state of Hawaii, and so is clearly a natural born citizen." What are the qualifications of the ones of a different opinion?

Tarrant

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Tarrant » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

The questions I would put forward do not relate to Obama directly but to all future presidential candidates.1) Do you desire a mechanism for determining officially if a presidential candidate is eligible?2) Given that there is some honest difference of opinion as to what constitutes a natural born citizen do you desire the Supreme Court to address the issue?Thank you1. Thankfully, the Constitution covers this one. Congress votes to certify the results of the electoral college, and should a President fail to qualify, the Vice President acts as President.2. Given that SCOTUS over a hundred years ago settled the issue, and numerous rulings over the past few months have affirmed the same, they would see no need to get involved.Now, if you want to argue that there is a difference of opinion over whether or not that SHOULD be the definition, and whether a Constitutional amendment to change it is warranted, you can say that. But there is no difference of opinion as to what it actually is today.Much like there is a difference of opinion as to whether or not abortion should be legal, but there isn't one as to whether or not it IS legal right now - it is. One can argue and debate the first, but not the second.

Sterngard Friegen

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Gravity is only a theory that I dispute and I'm . . . whoops falling

BillTheCat

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by BillTheCat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:13 pm

oh look another driveby :roll:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Piffle

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Piffle » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:31 pm

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.Barry Ragsdale is on his way! Yay! =D> =D> -xx

Foggy

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Our new birther appears to be a hit-and-run-away. Apparently feels more comfy posting as a birther on HuffPo as "chrystaledge". But not worth the time and effort to relocate her to the FEMA Camp, unless she returns.
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Kriselda Gray » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Blanked out post since it is now moot - person I was responding to has flown the coop.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Foggy

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:18 pm

There's no point in answering a person who put up one post and left the board, probably forever. She's not reading your answers. In all probability, she's never going to read your answers. I'm not going to prevent you folks from answering her questions another dozen times. I'm just pointing out that you're wasting your time.

SueDB

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by SueDB » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Docket Update...

10/18/2012 MOTION CHAPMAN BETH

[link]Motion for Leave to Intervene,[/link]

=D> =D> =D>

-xx
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Butterfly Bilderberg

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm

My crush on pretend BF Barry Ragsdale grows stronger with every pleading he files. :xo :xo
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Kriselda Gray » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm

There's no point in answering a person who put up one post and left the board, probably forever. She's not reading your answers. In all probability, she's never going to read your answers. I'm not going to prevent you folks from answering her questions another dozen times. I'm just pointing out that you're wasting your time.I hadn't gotten to where it was posted that she was doing a hit-and-run, or I wouldn't have bothered. Sorry about that! I'll blank out my post so no one else will try to respond to that....
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

MaineSkeptic

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by MaineSkeptic » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I understand Foggy's point, but no harm is done by responding, and we don't know that s\he's not reading the responses.

nbc

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by nbc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 am

The questions I would put forward do not relate to Obama directly but to all future presidential candidates.1) Do you desire a mechanism for determining officially if a presidential candidate is eligible?2) Given that there is some honest difference of opinion as to what constitutes a natural born citizen do you desire the Supreme Court to address the issue?Thank youThere is already such a mechanism to determine the eligibility of a Presidential Candidate.I fail to see much of any 'honest' difference of opinion on this issue given the ruling in US v Wong Kim Ark where the Supreme Court did address the issue. Furthermore, the Supreme Court does not deal in advisory opinions so there needs to be a real controversy.

1 guest

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by 1 guest » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:45 am

There is already such a mechanism to determine the eligibility of a Presidential Candidate.I fail to see much of any 'honest' difference of opinion on this issue given the ruling in US v Wong Kim Ark where the Supreme Court did address the issue. Furthermore, the Supreme Court does not deal in advisory opinions so there needs to be a real controversy.There is a controversy about birthright citizenship in general, not just presidential eligibility. The person who said this seems to think that it matters:"It will matter to young people all across the country who were born here, pledged allegiance to our flag, went to school here, and are Americans in every way except they don’t have documentation and would continue to be at risk of deportation."I tend to agree with him. Do you? I think that Team Obama has made a mistake in not using the birther cases as an entrée to get a definitive, no-doubt ruling on citizenship/natural-born citizenship. That matters not just to Obama, but to young people all across the country, even one named Rubio.

Msottement

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Msottement » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 am

There is already such a mechanism to determine the eligibility of a Presidential Candidate.I fail to see much of any 'honest' difference of opinion on this issue given the ruling in US v Wong Kim Ark where the Supreme Court did address the issue. Furthermore, the Supreme Court does not deal in advisory opinions so there needs to be a real controversy.There is a controversy about birthright citizenship in general, not just presidential eligibility. The person who said this seems to think that it matters:"It will matter to young people all across the country who were born here, pledged allegiance to our flag, went to school here, and are Americans in every way except they don’t have documentation and would continue to be at risk of deportation."I tend to agree with him. Do you? I think that Team Obama has made a mistake in not using the birther cases as an entrée to get a definitive, no-doubt ruling on citizenship/natural-born citizenship. That matters not just to Obama, but to young people all across the country, even one named Rubio.I do disagree with you, 1 guest: we have a definitive, no-doubt ruling on citizenship/natural-born citizenship. From 1898. We call that "settled law."

hitch

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by hitch » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:51 am

I tend to agree with him. Do you? I think that Team Obama has made a mistake in not using the birther cases as an entrée to get a definitive, no-doubt ruling on citizenship/natural-born citizenship. That matters not just to Obama, but to young people all across the country, even one named Rubio.IANAL but I grew up in this country and was educated in this country. My first memory of a presidential election is Kennedy v Nixon as I grew up in a very political, argumentative family and lived in a predominately RC neighborhood. I never, not for a second, not in any class, any book, any conversation ever, ever heard anyone even hint that a person born in this country (with a few exceptions) was not a natural born citizen and eligible to serve as president until we elected a BLACK man. I grew up with a lot of immigrants to this country and actually heard hundreds, if not thousands of times, how proud the immigrant parents were that their children could someday be president (corny but true). I refuse to dignify the bizarre beliefs of bigots and others who for their own perverse reasons want to gin up some controversy about Obama as meaning that 99.999...% country's citizenry doesn't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that being born here means you are NBC and can someday become president. FULL FRIGGING STOP.

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”