Alabama Ballot Challenge

SueDB

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by SueDB »

I don't think any of the daffydavids bear a sworn original signature. Something about "hearsay"???...
Edit: This one is chock full of crazy.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

TexasFilly

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by TexasFilly »

L. Dean Johnson's political contributions can be seen here: [/break1]campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/dean-johnson.asp?cycle=12]http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/ ... p?cycle=12A Bachmann for President and then a Santorum supporter. Surprise! It is also amusing that these clownselors ask the court to require a response from the Defendant within 5 days of service of their idiotic MSJ. There's due process for ya!
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sterngard Friegen

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Candor would require plaintiffs' counsel to deal with the jurisdiction stripping statute and demonstrate why it's not applicable. Of course, candor goes out the window, and you just ignore a contrary statute that you can't deal with and precludes you from filing suit, when that's the only way you can keep from being thrown out of court. On the other hand, I suspect someone will mention that statute. Just as somebody did last time.

TexasFilly

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by TexasFilly »

Candor would require plaintiffs' counsel to deal with the jurisdiction stripping statute and demonstrate why it's not applicable. Of course, candor goes out the window, and you just ignore a contrary statute that you can't deal with and precludes you from filing suit, when that's the only way you can keep from being thrown out of court. On the other hand, I suspect someone will mention that statute. Just as somebody did last time.They dance around it in their SuperDuperExpedited MSJ. Poorly.

bob

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by bob »

Goode is a candidate on the Alabama ballot. Goode alleges that the SoSoAL has an imperative duty to vet all candidates. Goode fails to demonstrate that he provided sufficient documentation to the SoSoAL. And Goode fails to demonstrate he is even a citzen, let alone a natural-born citizen.

Maybe Mr. Ragsdale should file a counter petition.... :-k
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

SueDB

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by SueDB »

http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 90Courtesy of BBOn the other hand, I suspect someone will mention that statute. Just as somebody did last time.

SueDB

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by SueDB »

Yep, we even added a new verb here in his honor. Virgil Goode is about to get "Ragsdaled".Alabama does not have early voting but I imagine absentee ballots are already being mailed.It's hard to tell from just an article, but it "appears" the AL SOS is the only Defendant? In which case, the AL AG would have to represent her. It also seems to me that if that is true, some indispensable parties are missing. But hey, what do I know? -xxThat is the same thing I see...the SOS is the only defendant. Since it didn't mention the Demo Party of AL and Mr. Ragsdale is the attorney for the party...he would have to file as uh.err..Intervener or Amicus ... He would have to butt in. Let's see how well the Alabama AG performs. Did the voters get their money's worth with this AG????

chinacreekpj

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by chinacreekpj »

Virgil Goode could cost Romney Virginia -- and the election[...]Republicans fought to keep Goode off the Virginia ballot, fearing this Rocky Mount, Va., resident will win votes that otherwise would go to GOP nominee Mitt Romney. Virginia is a must-win for Romney, and a few thousand votes in this swing state could make the difference as to who will be president in 2013.[...][/break1]bizjournals.com/bizjournals/washingtonbureau/2012/10/12/virgil-goode-could-cost-romney.html]http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/ ... omney.html

Roboe

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Roboe »

Hardly surprising that Virgil Goode has jumped on the birther bandwagon, considering what he had to say when a *gasp*muslim*gasp* was elected to House:When I raise my hand to take the oath on Swearing In Day, I will have the Bible in my other hand. I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way. The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran.](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

bob

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by bob »

OBC: [/break1]com/alabama-lawsuit-may-remove-obama-from-the-nov-ballot]Alabama Lawsuit may remove Obama from the Nov. ballot:[yadda yadda yadda]In order to achieve “standing” and have the court hear the case, one of the plaintiffs must be a political party or a candidate for president. Earlier, [highlight]Dean and Hugh appealed to the Republican Party to sign on with them, but they declined[/highlight].

TexasFilly

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by TexasFilly »

:lol:

esseff44

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by esseff44 »

Is it even possible for the judge to order a response within 5 calendar days of service? Is McInnish not trying for another bite at the apple on basically the same issues he lost on before?Ragsdale represented the Alabama Dem. Party. He will not be involved in defending this one. It will be the Alabama AG's office on the other side of this one. The total lack of candor ought to be noticed and dealt with. Since it has never been required before and is not required now, on what basis can a plaintiff claim a candidate has to have an official from the state of a candidate's birth send a BC to the SoS of this or any other state? Arizona's and Kansas' SoS's Republican Cochairs For Romney did ask and get verification from Hawai'i,but it was outside their duties. But this suit does not even mention that. Someone should bring that up.

PatGund

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by PatGund »

Hardly surprising that Virgil Goode has jumped on the birther bandwagon, considering what he had to say when a *gasp*muslim*gasp* was elected to House:Nor is it a surprise he's joined up with an open racist like Hugh McInnish though

Suranis

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Suranis »

Its been 4 hours. Has he demanded money yet?
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

TexasFilly

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by TexasFilly »

Ragsdale represented the Alabama Dem. Party. He will not be involved in defending this one. It will be the Alabama AG's office on the other side of this one. Yeah, I noted that above. I also noted that this case is missing some indispensable parties. That is quite fixable. Will there be further developments? We shall see. -xx

bob

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by bob »

According to [/break1]ballot-access.org/2011/05/21/constitution-party-makes-preparations-to-get-2012-presidential-nominee-on-california-ballot/]Ballot Access News, the Constitution Party is involved a bit of a nutter civil war.

The majority of the Constitution Party's members are members of California's American Independent Party (AIP). But AIP had a civil war (one sided wanted to join the Constitution Party, the other did not). SoSoCA recognized the not-Constitution faction as the legitimate AIP, and placed its nominees on the California ballot this year. Litigation over who really is the AIP (and therefore possibly the Consitution Party) remains pending.

AIP's presidential candidate in 2008 was, of course, Alan Keyes, named litigant in two early birther cases, Keyes v. Bowen (CA case) and Keyes|Barnett|Drake v. Bowen (federal case).

bob

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by bob »

Is McInnish not trying for another bite at the apple on basically the same issues he lost on before?It would appear so.Here's McInnish's [/break1]com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6908&start=1050#p355728]writ petition that he filed in SCoAL earlier this year.It was in McInnish's first case in which a justice of SCoAL [/break1]scribd.com/doc/87140552/McInnish-v-Chapman-Order-Striking-Petition-for-Writ-of-Mandamus-Alabama-Supreme-Court-Obama-Ballot-Challenge-3-27-2012]played birther footsie and made all of birthistan go a-flutter.

Roboe

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Roboe »

I like how the first page lays out how a number of candidates have failed to show their papers, and then the rest of it is ragging on Obama - and Obama alone. No mention of Rmoney and his failure to present papers (other than the clearly void ( 8> ) BC), let alone any of the remaining candidates.

esseff44

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by esseff44 »

How can you fail to do something that is not requested, required nor expected? :-?

Tarrant

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Tarrant »

Hardly surprising that Virgil Goode has jumped on the birther bandwagon, considering what he had to say when a *gasp*muslim*gasp* was elected to House:I'm confused. In this screed Goode says that if people followed his immigration plan...US Citizen Muslims couldn't be elected by US Citizen constituents to represent them?I mean he acknowledges that the guy was duly elected by voters in his district. So beyond the standard "Oh noes, teh evil Mooslems are out to get you!" fearmongering, what could the Virgil Goode Immigration Plan do? Declare that Muslim US Citizens have no right of representation?Sometimes I feel like there are people out there that just don't believe that it's possible to be a US Citizen, even a (dun-dun-DUUUUUNNNNNNNN) birther-fantasy two-parent natural born citizen and still be a Muslim. They have this fantasy picture in their head of what America should look like and anything that doesn't match it doesn't invalidate said fantasy, it just means those things aren't actually American at all and must be purged forthwith.

Foggy

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Foggy »

"It's time that our courts enforce the law and adhere to the U.S. Constitution. If they cannot find the courage to do this then the judiciary will have failed, much like British courts and tribunals leading up to the American revolution failed to take into account the grievances of the people. When that happened, the rest is history."http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee23 ... rlogic.jpg
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Paul Lentz

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Paul Lentz »

Hardly surprising that Virgil Goode has jumped on the birther bandwagon, considering what he had to say when a *gasp*muslim*gasp* was elected to House:When I raise my hand to take the oath on Swearing In Day, I will have the Bible in my other hand. I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way. The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran.](*,) ](*,) ](*,)Uh huh...riiiight....immigration's the issue.[link]Keith Ellison,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison[/link], the Minnesota congressman to whom this quote refers, was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. Raised Roman Catholic (but apparently nonobservant and less than satisfied), Ellison converted to Islam at age 19. There is no evidence that his parents were immigrants either, and--of course--their religion was/is Roman Catholic. Ellison was not only the first Muslim elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, he is also the first African-American to represent Minnesota in the House.Perhaps my perspective is provincial (Florida), but it appears to me that the majority of immigrants (legal and illegal) to the U.S. are Hispanic/Latino, not Middle Eastern/Muslim African, and the prevalent religion among Hispanics is Roman Catholicism...certainly not Islam.Apparently, Virgil Goode's objection to "immigration" has more to do with the forced immigration of Africans (as slaves) in the 18th and 19th centuries than the realities of "immigration" to the U.S. today (or about 5 years ago, when Ellison was first elected to the House of Representatives). My guess is that Goode would be delighted with a return to the "immigration" represented by the slave trade. And I suspect that Goode's first and foremost problem with Ellison is his race, not his religion. Just as I suspect that Goode's first and foremost problem with President Obama is his race, and the face that he's not choppin' cotton in Alabama under the watchful eye of an overseer with a handy cat o'nine tails, and that he (Obama) was actually permitted to learn to read, write, and do a few sums, and now lives in the WHITE House.Bigoted fuckhead.
The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

1 guest

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by 1 guest »

The Goode quote above was obviously cut off just a little too soon:"... If American citizens don’t wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran. We need to stop illegal immigration totally and reduce legal immigration and end the diversity visas policy pushed hard by President Clinton and allowing many persons from the Middle East to come to this country. I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to America and to prevent our resources from being swamped."

BamaLaw

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by BamaLaw »

So, we're putting the band back together? With three weeks to go in a hotly contested race for Chief Justice, this is just what we needed here in Alabama.

Sterngard Friegen

Alabama Ballot Challenge

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

So, we're putting the band back together? With three weeks to go in a hotly contested race for Chief Justice, this is just what we needed here in Alabama.Just tell that brilliant Barry Ragsdale and Alabama Team 6 that we're relying on them to kick some birther ass.

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”