Mississippi Ballot Challenge (ACT I & I.5) :)

chancery

Post by chancery » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Strongly agree with the comment of Paul Lentz in the Terry Trussell thread: "I sure wish I could figure out how to make a "c" in parentheses which doesn't automatically get changed to a copyright symbol."

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:45 pm

It's inelegant: (C )

gupwalla

Post by gupwalla » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Do what Orly does and number it (a), (b), (7), (k), (iv).

You only have to use "c" if you really really want to.

In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:19 pm

In the Southern District of New York, you can only recover fees for transcripts "if the deposition was used at the trial or received in evidence," or if the transcript was "used by the Court in ruling on a motion for summary judgment or similar substantive motion." "Fees for depositions not so used are not taxable." Local Civil Rule 54.1©(2). Trial transcripts are taxable only when the transcript "was necessarily obtained for use in this Court or on appeal." "Convenience of counsel is not sufficient." Local Civil Rule 54.1©(1). And in practice the clerks are strongly disposed against allowing any kind of transcript fees, in that court at least.

In the Southern District of New York, I've seen bills of costs that go well into five figures. But those were in cases where (1) there were a lot of depositions, some of them out of town, and (2) the transcripts were used on the summary judgment motion or at trial.

And yes, the clerks are tough on bills of costs in the SDNY; in the cases I know where the bill of costs was in 5 figures, the actual out-of-pocket expenses (before legal fees) were closer to 6 figures.

J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

bob

Post by bob » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:06 am

Speaking of Apuzzo and the birth certificate, can someone give me a link so I can show Mario that verification of President Obama's birth certificate by the Hawai'i DoH was, in fact, submitted to the court in this case? I'm curious to see where Mario will move the goalposts to this time.Apuzzo's response is easy enough to predict: although the certified verification was submitted to the court, that does not mean it was "admitted" into evidence (i.e., in this case, relied upon when the court dismissed the complaint). So Apuzzo will continue to maintain no court has ever found Obama to have been born in Hawaii.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 am

In fact the court appears to have declined to judicially notice it.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:58 pm

The bastid!

:angry: :madz2: :torches: :twoup:

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:42 pm

I got what I wanted out of it: Apuzzo admitted that President Obama has the ability to prove his Hawai'ian birth in court.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:48 pm

I got what I wanted out of it: Apuzzo admitted that President Obama has the ability to prove his Hawai'ian birth in court.

:link:

(Did Apuzzo win?)

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Poor Grinols barely got a mention. His motion to intervene got tossed as moot in the final sentence.

I finally had time to read the entire order today. While it had some good smack downs directed at Orly it was nothing that could not have been written by clerks. I will be curious to see if the good guys see this as inviting any action against Orly. I mean for doG sakes the crazy moron accused a federal judge of engaging in a criminal conspiracy and all Judge Wingate could say was where's the beef and a judge has judicial immunity even if he did. I mean screw him. Wingate should have thrown the book at Orly on that one alone.

I hope they go after Taitz if for no other reason than to keep her on tenterhooks for three years while Wingate gets around to ruling.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:59 pm

the crazy moron accused a federal judge of engaging in a criminal conspiracy and all Judge Wingate could say was where's the beef and a judge has judicial immunity even if he did. I mean screw him. Wingate should have thrown the book at Orly on that one alone. You may very well think that, RC. But Mr. Good Authority couldn't possibly comment.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:08 pm

:link:

(Did Apuzzo win?)

Not yet, but I'm sure he will before too long.

Here's his response (about what Bob said):

Slartibartfast,

First, in the Mississippi case, no one introduced into evidence President Obama’s certified copy of his Certificate of Live Birth. Onaka’s certification, produced without any cross examination, cannot by itself resolve a genuine factual dispute, and does not and cannot replace the need for the actual document to be introduced into evidence during a plenary hearing with cross examination of testifying witnesses.

Second, I never contended that President Obama could not prove in a court that he was born in Hawaii. I said that to date, he never has. But therein lies the rub. If he can prove it, why did he not do it early on and thereby stop the place of birth issue from raging not only in the United States, but all over the world? It would have cost him nothing to have his lawyer, after establishing a proper factual foundation, to simply introduce into evidence a certified copy of his Certificate of Live Birth. Or does President Obama feel that he is above the American people and the Constitution?

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Onaka’s certification, produced without any cross examination, cannot by itself resolve a genuine factual dispute, and does not and cannot replace the need for the actual document to be introduced into evidence during a plenary hearing with cross examination of testifying witnesses.

Apuzzo is really full of himself. A genuine factual dispute? :lol: When does a dispute become "genuine." When some lunatic says he or she doesn't believe it?

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:26 pm

I assume that a "genuine factual dispute" is just an arbitrary impossible standard that Mario created to avoid all that hassle with goal post moving. I thought that "plenary" was an interesting qualifier too also.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:56 pm

If he can prove it, why did he not do it early on and thereby stop the place of birth issue from raging not only in the United States, but all over the world? It would have cost him nothing to have his lawyer, after establishing a proper factual foundation, to simply introduce into evidence a certified copy of his Certificate of Live Birth.

Yes, Blovario, as we all know, that would have ended the fake controversy concocted by racists like you and the Chaleria that raged in your offices but nowhere else. :sarcasm:

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Shoot, I can think of a number of times when I've presented my birth certificate and I've been told, "Sorry, that's not good enough. In a genuine factual dispute, you have to introduce that at a plenary hearing subject to cross examination of testifying witnesses."

(zero is a number)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Shoot, I can think of a number of times when I've presented my birth certificate and I've been told, "Sorry, that's not good enough. In a genuine factual dispute, you have to introduce that at a plenary hearing subject to cross examination of testifying witnesses."

(zero is a number)

Shit. I wish I had thought of that. :((

I'd love to watch Blovario cross-examine a birth certificate on the stand. 8>

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:28 pm

If he can prove it, why did he not do it early on and thereby stop the [hlyellow]place of birth issue from raging not only in the United States, but all over the world?[/hlyellow] It would have cost him nothing to have his lawyer, after establishing a proper factual foundation, to simply introduce into evidence a certified copy of his Certificate of Live Birth.

Yes, Blovario, as we all know, that would have ended [hlyellow]the fake controversy concocted by racists like you and the Chaleria that raged in your offices but nowhere else[/hlyellow]. :sarcasm:

I never have seen any birther outside of the USA (perhaps with the exception of a couple of Australians like MichaelN). Nobody outside of the US of A sees a need to interfer with games played by local homosexuals (the ones that miss some body mass between the ears).

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:41 pm

If he can prove it, why did he not do it early on and thereby stop the [hlyellow]place of birth issue from raging not only in the United States, but all over the world?[/hlyellow] It would have cost him nothing to have his lawyer, after establishing a proper factual foundation, to simply introduce into evidence a certified copy of his Certificate of Live Birth.

Yes, Blovario, as we all know, that would have ended [hlyellow]the fake controversy concocted by racists like you and the Chaleria that raged in your offices but nowhere else[/hlyellow]. :sarcasm:

I never have seen any birther outside of the USA (perhaps with the exception of a couple of Australians like MichaelN). Nobody outside of the US of A sees a need to interfer with games played by local homosexuals (the ones that miss some body mass between the ears).

Chrissy Monckton and Lawrence Sellin come to mind. Shrimpton too also.

Stern,

I wanted Mario to admit that President Obama can prove his native birth so that I can poke him in that hypocrisy.

Which, I'll admit, is a bad habit that I should probably cut down on.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:51 pm

A handful of crack heads don't make Teh World :roll:

Rickey

Post by Rickey » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:01 pm

Onaka’s certification, produced without any cross examination, cannot by itself resolve a genuine factual dispute, and does not and cannot replace the need for the actual document to be introduced into evidence during a plenary hearing with cross examination of testifying witnesses.

Apuzzo is really full of himself. A genuine factual dispute? :lol: When does a dispute become "genuine." When some lunatic says he or she doesn't believe it?

Apuzzo still thinks that there is a genuine factual dispute about whether there was a ban on Americans traveling to Pakistan in 1981. When presented with irrefutable proof at Doc C's blog that there was no ban, his lame and bogus response was that there was a "de facto ban." When pressed to admit that he was wrong, he refused to respond. He is a pompous blowhard.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Apuzzo still thinks that there is a genuine factual dispute about whether there was a ban on Americans traveling to Pakistan in 1981. When presented with irrefutable proof at Doc C's blog that there was no ban, his lame and bogus response was that there was a "de facto ban." When pressed to admit that he was wrong, he refused to respond. He is a pompous blowhard.

Yep, but the blowing is coming out of his hindquarters. :yikes:

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:40 pm

It's also funny that Blovario thinks the issue of the President's place of birth is raging throughout the world, instead of a matter of interest to a small band of crackpots

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:26 pm

The only place it's raging is in Blovario's office, and then only for so long as Kerchner's checks keep rolling in.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:45 am

I would suspect that if you asked most people outside of the US, that they couldn't even tell you where Obama, or any other President for that matter, had been born. I will for that matter admit, that but for a handful that I couldn't avoid knowing, I couldn't answer the question either. Which is to say it is on the very long list of things I'm not worrying about this century.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”