New York Election Challenge

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 pm

It looks like New York State didn't even bother to waive its right to file a response. I would have thought that SCOTUS would treat no response as a waiver.At SCOTUS, there are four possible responses:1) file a response by the due date2) file a waiver of response by the due date3) file no response at all4) file for extension to time to file a response (assuming it's granted, see #1) #3 is perfectly acceptable. In due course, the case will be distributed for conference. At that point, if one of the justices wishes to see a response from New York, they'll request it, and a new due date will be issued; once the requested response is received, there will be a new distribution date for the new conference date.In this case, I doubt that any of the justices will request a response and upon distribution for conference this case will be quickly deadlisted.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:15 pm

It looks like New York State didn't even bother to waive its right to file a response. I would have thought that SCOTUS would treat no response as a waiver.In this case, I doubt that any of the justices will request a response and upon distribution for conference this case will be quickly deadlisted.And you would be correct.~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jan 20 2014 Petition for a writ of certiorari filed. (Response due February 24, 2014)Mar 12 2014 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of March 28, 2014.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Rickey

Post by Rickey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:36 pm

It just took a little longer than expected, then. Dead listed, for certain.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:03 pm

It just took a little longer than expected, then. Dead listed, for certain.Yes, I think you're correct. Although the case distribution took a bit longer than normal after the response deadline passed, it's possible that, with the absolutely horrific winter storms this year, and their effect on mail delivery (by every service, including USPS and FedEx), the SCOTUS clerk's office has been cutting a little slack on deadlines (I don't know that is the case, I'm just speculating).If no justice requests a response from New York within the next week (and such a request would be noted on the SCOTUS case docket, along with the due date), this one will hit the deadlist.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:09 am

It just took a little longer than expected, then. Dead listed, for certain.Yes, I think you're correct. Although the case distribution took a bit longer than normal after the response deadline passed, it's possible that, with the absolutely horrific winter storms this year, and their effect on mail delivery (by every service, including USPS and FedEx), the SCOTUS clerk's office has been cutting a little slack on deadlines (I don't know that is the case, I'm just speculating).If no justice requests a response from New York within the next week (and such a request would be noted on the SCOTUS case docket, along with the due date), this one will hit the deadlist.Also SCOTUS had a short recess last month. Too.

Judge Mental

Post by Judge Mental » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:29 am

Laity and/or assorted birther half-wits/blogs claiming that Scotus has confirmed it is going to hold a 'hearing' regarding this case will appear in...........10...9....8...7....6...... :P

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:38 pm

From Bobbie Laity's profile on Topix:http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 29eef3.jpg

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

nbc

Post by nbc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:11 am

OMG, he believes in GOD which is the legal fiction of the living soul :-)

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:33 am

Laity was trolling on Doc Conspiracy's blog for a while just lately.I ignored him. I suspect the courts will, too. :lol:He was trolling up until he got his ass beat down so hard by NBC that he ran away.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:31 am

Laity is messing with the wikipedia.[/break1]wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories&action=history]https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history :P somebody fixed it. for now.if Laity is so determined to be mentioned in the wikipedia, I suggest:[/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Kook_%28person%29]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kook_%28person%29

nbc

Post by nbc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Laity was trolling on Doc Conspiracy's blog for a while just lately.I ignored him. I suspect the courts will, too. :lol:He was trolling up until he got his ass beat down so hard by NBC that he ran away.I just informed him of the facts.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:27 am

He did the usual thing defeated trolls do when confronted with reality: proclaimed victory, taunted his opponents, then fled the scene.That sounds familiar.I've asked for my account and all posts to be removed from this forum. I'd appreciate the forum owner doing that.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 am

Sharon Rondeau:

Obama Eligibility Case Distributed for Conference at U.S. Supreme Court

Posted By Sharon Rondeau On Monday, March 17, 2014 @ 10:10 AM In National | No Comments

Tweet

“HIS FATHER WAS NOT AMERICAN”

by Sharon Rondeau

(Mar. 17, 2014) — The case Laity v. New York challenging Barack Hussein Obama’s constitutional eligibility to serve as president has been distributed to members of the U.S. Supreme Court for conference on March 28, 2014.snip, snip, snip.

In an email notification last week, Laity told us:

My case has been distributed for conference scheduled March 28, 2014.

[/break1]supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/13-875.htm]http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx ... 13-875.htm

We then asked, “Is this what you were hoping for?” to which he responded:

It is the proper procedure. It is proceeding through the steps.

1. File Petition. - Done

2. Petition is docketed – Done

3. Unless case is being defended by the Solicitor General of the U.S. the respondent must respond within a certain period of time or file a waiver of response pending order of the court to do so. – New York State did NOT file either a Waiver OR a Response in this matter.

4. Respondent files response with any Motion in Opposition (or waives response as in # 3) – NY State did not file any waiver or response by February 24, 2014.

5. Both The petitioner’s Petition and the Respondent’s response is “distributed” to and considered in conference between the (9) Justices – The Court Clerk informed me that if NY State does not file a Response that my Petition will be considered alone. No filing was made by NY.

6. At least four of the nine Justices must vote to hear case. If at least four Justices do not vote to hear a case it will not be heard. There is provision to seek a reconsideration if denied a first time. After the second request, if four Justices still do not vote to hear the case, it is denied with no other recourse.

7. On the other hand,if four Justices vote to hear the matter it is taken up by the Justices and a Petitioner’s Brief on the Merits and Respondent’s response on the Merits are ordered to be filed.

8. After the time for filing briefs and responses on the merits and after review by the Justices, Oral arguments are then scheduled and held. Each party is granted 30 minutes to argue. After the allotted statements and arguments are made, the Chief Justice then states that “the case is submitted”.

9. The court then reviews the case testimony and arguments and decides who prevails.

In addition to charging Obama with usurping the presidency, he has also named Obama in the commission of espionage and treason.[/break1]thepostemail.com/2014/03/17/obama-eligibility-case-distributed-for-conference-at-u-s-supreme-court/print]http://www.thepostemail.com/2014/03/17/ ... ourt/print

:P

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:49 am

He did the usual thing defeated trolls do when confronted with reality: proclaimed victory, taunted his opponents, then fled the scene.That sounds familiar.I've asked for my account and all posts to be removed from this forum. I'd appreciate the forum owner doing that.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:50 am

Oh poor laity so obviously unaware that his case just got dead filed. I reminded him on twitter of this only for him to whine.

realist

Post by realist » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:51 am

! Message from: realist
There is absolutely no need to continue to go back and forth over the Kimba "issue".

Let it go.

Thank you.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

Good we haven't had a good "Cert denied Monday" for a while. Circle March 31 on your calendars. ;)

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:45 am

Laity is messing with the wikipedia.[/break1]wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories&action=history]https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history :P somebody fixed it. for now.There won't be any need for repair works for a while, since Laity landed himself a one-week ban from Wikipedia: [/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Robert_Laity]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... bert_Laity

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:40 am

Laity is messing with the wikipedia.[/break1]wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories&action=history]https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history :P somebody fixed it. for now.There won't be any need for repair works for a while, since Laity landed himself a one-week ban from Wikipedia: [/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Robert_Laity]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... bert_Laityhow DARE "they" deny him his 1st Amendment Right to FREE SPEECH??!!!@!#@$%RF

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Rickey

Post by Rickey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Over at Birther Report, Laity believes that New York State defaulted when no response was filed. He of course is in denial about being dead listed.Another lunatic birther believes that SCOTUS will remand the case to New York, where it will be consolidated with Strunk's lawsuits. As if...

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Over at Birther Report, Laity believes that New York State defaulted when no response was filed. He of course is in denial about being dead listed.Another lunatic birther believes that SCOTUS will remand the case to New York, where it will be consolidated with Strunk's lawsuits. As if...Maybe... "consolidated" in the same trash can?

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:24 am

Over at Birther Report, Laity believes that New York State defaulted when no response was filed. He of course is in denial about being dead listed.Which is at least consistent since he believes a lot of other things having no basis in reality either.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

realist

Post by realist » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Just a gentle reminder... -->

Laity's dead-listed case was distributed for conference tomorrow. \ :D /

No. 13-875

Title:

Robert C. Laity, Petitioner

v.

New York

Docketed: January 23, 2014

Lower Ct: Appellate Division, Supreme Court of New York, Third Judicial Department

Case Nos.: (516176)

Decision Date: April 11, 2013

Discretionary Court

Decision Date: November 19, 2013

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jan 20 2014 Petition for a writ of certiorari filed. (Response due February 24, 2014)

Mar 12 2014 [highlight]DISTRIBUTED for Conference of March 28, 2014[/highlight].

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”