Biden Impeachment

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

Biden Impeachment

Post by AndyinPA »

I might change the title later, but this will do for now.

221-212

:explode:

Edited to add:

Gifted

https://wapo.st/3GHYIo0
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
John Thomas8

Biden Impeachment

Post by John Thomas8 »

Oh joy, more money wasted.

Dafuq is wrong with these morons, can't the govern even a little?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Biden Impeachment

Post by Slim Cognito »

It’s unbelievably stupid, a waste of time, and nothing of value is getting done. But other than that, I see this whole impeachment thing as Republican shooting themselves in their collective foot. Other than the insane trumpers, I think normal people are sick and tired of all this impeachment talk as they know damn well it won’t go anywhere in the Senate.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Biden Impeachment

Post by much ado »

At what point do they have to list the impeachable acts Biden is charged with?
tek

Biden Impeachment

Post by tek »

When they do the articles of impeachment, I guess..
Which could be never.
But they can now be on teevee every day and night saying scary words about the "investigation" .. that was the point, I suspect.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Biden Impeachment

Post by raison de arizona »

Every accusation a confession.
https://x.com/ReallyAmerican1/status/17 ... 48689?s=20
Really American 🇺🇸 @ReallyAmerican1 wrote: 🚨🚨NEWS: Bombshell revelations emerge as a report exposes Rep. James Comer (R-KY), the lead in the Biden impeachment inquiry, engaging in dubious business tactics similar to those he accuses President Biden of.

James Comer has his own shell company!

Co-owning six acres with a major campaign contributor, Comer transferred ownership to Farm Team Properties, a shadowy entity exploding in value, mirroring the opacity of Biden-associated companies, according to AP's Bryan Slodysko.

"The AP found that Farm Team Properties functions in a similarly opaque way as the companies used by the Bidens, masking his stake in the land that he co-owns with the donor from being revealed on his financial disclosure forms," reports Slodysko.

Records label Farm Team Properties as Comer's wife's "land management and real estate speculation" company, leaving critical details undisclosed.

The land, purchased eight years ago with donor Darren Cleary, raised eyebrows as Cleary sold Comer a 50% stake for $128,000. The timing, just days before Comer's congressional campaign announcement, adds fuel to the controversy.

Cleary's businesses have donated approximately $70,000 to Comer's political campaigns, underscoring the intertwined nature of their financial dealings.

This shocking revelation challenges Comer's credibility and raises questions about potential conflicts of interest. The striking resemblance to allegations against President Biden injects a new layer of complexity into the political landscape.

As the spotlight intensifies, Comer should face scrutiny over financial dealings that echo the very accusations he hurls at the President.
https://x.com/mmpadellan/status/1735367 ... 88034?s=20
BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️ @mmpadellan wrote: LOL, this was the SAME guy who made a big deal out of a loan Joe Biden paid back to someone, and then we learned that Comer had his own sketchy loan that was way, way, way shadier.

You can't make this stuff up.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Biden Impeachment

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Apparently the QOP took the axiom "Set a thief to catch a thief" to heart.
raison de arizona

Biden Impeachment

Your foot, your gun.
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Reporter: The Biden campaign started fundraising off of Republicans’ impeachment vote and it is already the best performing email sent by the campaign this month
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Biden Impeachment

Post by Slim Cognito »

I find it ironic that impeachment proceedings actually make the impeachee more popular. Clinton and trump both came out in better shape after being impeached. I don't know if enough Rs will vote to actually impeach, but I'm not really concerned about the outcome because I think most people will see it as revenge theater. I am miffed about wasting time and tax payer dollars when there's so much real work that needs to be done, but I don't see it hurting Biden. The people supporting impeachment weren't going to vote for him anyway.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Biden Impeachment

Every accusation a confession.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Jessica: Comer has a shell company that he shares with a campaign donor… His wife is also co-owner and it is masking, of course the fact that he owns more lands than goes on his financial disclosure forms
Volkonski
Verified:

Biden Impeachment

Post by Volkonski »

Early evidence suggests GOP impeachment push might help Biden
If Republicans haven’t considered the possibility of a backlash to their anti-Biden impeachment crusade, they haven’t thought this through.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... rcna129911
There’s no denying the fact that the Democratic incumbent, nearly a full year before he’ll face voters, is not winning any popularity contests. A Pew Research Center poll released this week found Biden’s approval rating falling to a woeful 33% — in part because of waning support from his own party’s base.

But public support for congressional Republicans is even lower, and there’s broad public skepticism against the GOP’s impeachment push. It opens the door to unintended consequences: The more Republicans abuse their power and pursue a baseless and evidence-free impeachment crusade, the more they jolt the Democratic base and create a fresh target for the president to run against.

I’m reminded of an episode of “The West Wing” that aired in 2001.

In the fictional story, there’s a burgeoning controversy surrounding the Democratic president, and White House press secretary C.J. Cregg concludes that there would be a political upside to a partisan crusade launched by rabid attack dogs.

In comments to White House chief of staff Leo McGarry, Cregg says: “Leo, we need to be investigated by someone who wants to kill us just to watch us die. We need someone perceived by the American people to be irresponsible, untrustworthy, partisan, ambitious, and thirsty for the limelight. Am I crazy, or is this not a job for the U. S. House of Representatives?”

It’s hard not to wonder whether someone on Biden’s team said something similar this week.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Biden Impeachment

Post by AndyinPA »

I think both Clinton and tfg's poll numbers went up after impeachment.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Biden Impeachment

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:27 pm I think both Clinton and tfg's poll numbers went up after impeachment.
Yes, but they were actually actually accused of doing specific things. Biden hasn't done anything, so obviously, his poll numbers will go down.

:bored:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Biden Impeachment

Post by RTH10260 »

Comer Pyle at work 8-)
House Republicans ask whether Joe Biden obstructed impeachment inquiry after Hunter Biden defied subpoena

KEN TRAN USA TODAY
21 hours ago

WASHINGTON – Republicans leading the House’s ongoing impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden are asking whether he was complicit in his son, Hunter Biden’s, defiance of a congressional subpoena to testify before investigators.

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer, R-Ky., and House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, sent a letter to the White House asking for any documentation or communication sent between Hunter Biden, his representatives and the White House, noting that the president was aware of his son’s plans to flout the subpoena to answer questions behind closed doors.

“We are compelled to examine as part of our impeachment inquiry whether the President engaged in a conspiracy to obstruct a proceeding of Congress,” the letter, sent to White House Counsel Edward Siskel, reads.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... 039639007/
Rolodex

Biden Impeachment

Post by Rolodex »

But under the Trump Rule of Immunity for Everything, isn't Biden safe in doing whatever he wants?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Biden Impeachment

Post by neonzx »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:56 pm But under the Trump Rule of Immunity for Everything, isn't Biden safe in doing whatever he wants?
Rules for thee not for me.
RTH10260

Biden Impeachment

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Biden Impeachment

Post by RTH10260 »

opinion on two recent Republican interviews that implie the impeachment will implode

RTH10260

Biden Impeachment

Post by RTH10260 »

Remember that company long hidden from sight?
Revealed: James Comer's shell company was shut down twice for reporting violations

Matthew Chapman
January 9, 2024 10:07AM ET

As Rep. James Comer (R-KY) began investigating Hunter Biden for his alleged use of shell companies to hide money made from his foreign business deals, it emerged last month that he in fact had his own shell company — which he quickly dismissed by claiming his company did legitimate business. But according to a new Daily Beast report, Comer's company doesn't have a very clean record.

"A review of dozens of tax, real estate, and business filings in Kentucky and Tennessee indicate that Comer’s own personal 'books and records' are opaque at best — and improper at worst," reported Roger Sollenberger. "Those records include the dealings of Comer’s shell company, Farm Team Properties LLC, which the state of Kentucky has dissolved twice for failure to file annual reports — first in 2020, then again in 2022."

Comer originally denied owning an LLC altogether. When questioned about Farm Team Properties on Fox Business in December, Comer admitted it existed but denied it was a shell company, saying that it “leases hunting on my 1,600 acres of farmland,” and generates “lots of revenue, legitimate revenue.” But that doesn't seem to be true, either.

"On personal financial disclosures starting from 2017 — the year Comer’s wife created Farm Team Properties — and continuing through his most recent statement covering 2022, Comer has listed the income from the company as 'none,'" said the report. "House ethics rules state that members who 'own an interest in a partnership or limited liability company established for the purpose of holding real estate,' must describe 'each individual property held by the company.' Members also 'must disclose each asset held by the company in which your interest (or that of your spouse or dependent child) had a period-end value of more than $1,000' or had recorded 'more than $200 in income during the reporting period.'"

https://www.rawstory.com/james-comer-sh ... 666907668/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Biden Impeachment

Post by Slim Cognito »

Least surprising thing I've read today, Well, second least surprising. Even I was shocked to see a trump lawyer say it was ok for trump to order an assassination against a political opponent.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Biden Impeachment

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:21 pm Least surprising thing I've read today, Well, second least surprising. Even I was shocked to see a trump lawyer say it was ok for trump to order an assassination against a political opponent.
:fingerwag: It's ok UNLESS tfg is impeached and convicted in the Senate, THEN you can pursue criminal charges after his term is over. Otherwise, nothin'!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Biden Impeachment

Post by Foggy »

:waiting:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”