Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Right Wing Low Lifes

These people suck. They are bad people.
bob

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:11 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:17 pm Petty as it may look, doesn't he have an obligation to defend his trademarks or risk loosing them?
If it's a parody (as opposed to satire), it's fair use. Adams would likely say it's not parody because it's not making fun of the Dilbert strip itself, but using Dilbert to make fun of Adams.
This is generally in Mike D.'s wheelhouse, but he basically left the bird site (and I haven't joined any of the new ones), so I haven't seen whether he offered an opinion on the subject.

To me, it is a sufficient parody because it is notably different than the original, and it contains a satirical element. But there's also a dilution element, as both are comic strips. I don't think the parody work is deliberately misleading, but I also wouldn't want a six-digit legal bill just to prove I'm correct.

It is not, however, defamation.
Image ImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Mike D hasn't commented on this yet.

Here is what Popehat says:
Popehat@mastodon.social
Ken White
@Popehat@mastodon.social
Just recorded the first Serious Trouble episode of the new year, out tomorrow. This week: George Santos is in serious trouble. Sam Bankman-Fried is in REALLY serious trouble. And Scott Adams is still making dumb defamation threats.

Jan 04, 2023, 13:50 · ·
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bob

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by bob »

:brickwallsmall:
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by pipistrelle »

No one would have noticed, and those who did notice would have forgotten by now if he'd shut up. Poor snowflake. And since it's a Ben Garrison cartoon, it made no sense anyway.
noblepa

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:16 pm No one would have noticed, and those who did notice would have forgotten by now if he'd shut up. Poor snowflake. And since it's a Ben Garrison cartoon, it made no sense anyway.
Scott, meet Barbra Streisand.
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

Proud Boys tried to get a sedition case tossed because too many of their potential defense witnesses would plead the Fifth. A judge said no.

It's a novel argument...
The Defendants wrote: "I have lots of witnesses but they were all committing crimes themselves when they witnessed me not committing crimes"
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by raison de arizona »

It's the only way.
Right Wing Watch @RightWingWatch wrote: White nationalist Vincent James says teaching about LGBTQ issues is part of a "satanic ritual" and the only way to stop it is to impose "straight up fascism."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by RVInit »

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen
@NoLieWithBTC
Holy shit. Top Republican Jim Banks just indicated he wants to find a way to stop “young ladies” from “hopping in a car” to travel to another state for reproductive care. He agreed the fact that women can travel for care means “the fight is far from over.”
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 3215366144
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Right Wing Low Lifes

Border checkpoints for abortion free states, you can’t leave unless you can prove you aren’t pregnant.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by RTH10260 »

East Germany used to have their Berlin Wall, booby traps, barbed wire, fierce dogs .... And the US of A has its T wall... :twisted:
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:59 pm Border checkpoints for abortion free states, you can’t leave unless you can prove you aren’t pregnant.
Think bigger...

Women aren't allowed to drive at all.

Or leave the house without a man, wear shoes, have a job, go to school.

We need to start sending people to Saudi Arabia for training.

Resume18

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Resume18 »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:50 pm
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen
@NoLieWithBTC
Holy shit. Top Republican Jim Banks just indicated he wants to find a way to stop “young ladies” from “hopping in a car” to travel to another state for reproductive care. He agreed the fact that women can travel for care means “the fight is far from over.”
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 3215366144
It's a good thing these middle-aged men are thinking about methods with which to stymie those uppity women who wish to have autonomy over their bodies.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RVInit

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by RVInit »

Charlottesville Tiki Torcher Killed Himself Before Drug Smuggling Trial

Teddy Joseph Von Nukem, one of the most prominent faces lit by the glow of tiki torches in what became the lasting image of the 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, killed himself as he was due to face criminal trial last month.

The 35-year-old skipped out on his first day of trial for a drug trafficking charge in Arizona on the morning of Jan. 30, according to court records. At the very moment a federal judge was issuing a warrant for his arrest, Von Nukem was actually still at his home in Missouri, where he had walked out in the snow behind the hay shed and shot himself.

Von Nukem gained notoriety for attending the Aug. 12, 2017 hate speech rally that aggressively revived a nativist movement in the United States. He glorified the violence, and researchers of domestic extremism suspect he was a key figure in a brutal beating of a black man that day.

Von Nukem’s sudden death was initially reported by Molly Conger, an independent journalist in Charlottesville who has become a key anti-fascism researcher in the years since the rally shook the city. An obituary said Von Nukem left behind a wife and five children aged under nine. “Some people knew Ted and understood he was a different type of fellow and had different views of things,” it noted.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/charlotte ... fore-trial
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by pipistrelle »

He was caught smuggling fentanyl. I didn't think real 'murcans did that.
Dave from down under

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Dave from down under »

Have the crazies claimed he was really killed by a Jewish space laser yet?
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

Tell you what a sic phuck I am, I sat here reading this and though "Wouldn't it be ironic if his widow married a Jewish man?"

I'll get my coat...

MN-Skeptic

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Scott Adams is a bigoted ass. The original of this article is behind a paywall at The Daily Beast. Yahoo has shared the article -

Fully Unhinged ‘Dilbert’ Guy Tells White People to ‘Get the Fuck Away’ From Black People
Pro-Trump cartoonist Scott Adams pulled the mask all the way off this week, declaring on his podcast that white people should “get the hell away from Black people” while labeling African-Americans as a “hate group.”
:snippity:
Reiterating that whites need to “escape,” Adams said that he had already done so by moving to an area “with a very low Black population.” He then cited Black CNN anchor Don Lemon to justify his assertion that there’s a “correlation” between a “mostly Black” neighborhood and “a bunch of problems he didn’t see” in majority-white areas.

“So I don’t think it makes any sense as a white citizen of America to try to help Black citizens anymore,” Adams huffed. “It doesn’t make sense. There’s no longer a rational impulse. So I’m going to back off on being helpful to Black America because it doesn’t seem like it pays off.”

He continued: “The only outcome is I get called a racist. That’s the only outcome. It makes no sense to help Black Americans if you’re white. It’s over. Don’t even think it’s worth trying.”

Later in the program, he again said you “just need to get away from them,” especially “those who don’t want to focus on education.” Adams followed that up by saying he’s “really sick of seeing video after video of Black Americans beating up non-Black citizens,” insisting that it’s “every damn day” he sees a clip of “some Black person beating the shit out of some white person.”
raison de arizona

Right Wing Low Lifes

I saw that video, he is as horrible as ever. Maybe this will finally push some papers to stop carrying his cartoon.
pipistrelle

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by pipistrelle »

Didn't know any still did. I had him relegated to a room with Baio, Sorbo, et. al.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Phoenix520 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:21 am He was caught smuggling fentanyl. I didn't think real 'murcans did that.
Karma is no fool. Fuck him.
dan1100

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by dan1100 »

James Alex Fields isn't enjoying prison at all.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-alex ... isconduct/
James Alex Fields, the Ohio white supremacist serving a life sentence in prison for the deadly car ramming at the 2017 "Unite the Right" tragedy in Charlottesville, Virginia, is now accused of a series of misconduct at the federal prison in Springfield, Missouri.

Fields is accused of making threats against at least one correctional officer and of wielding a "dangerous weapon," according to prison records and a U.S. Justice Department filing reviewed by CBS News.

Fields pleaded guilty to a series of federal hate crimes charges in the deadly August 2017 car attack against counterdemonstrators in Charlottesville, which killed 32-year-old Heather Heyer and wounded dozens more. According to the new Justice Department and Bureau of Prisons records, Fields has committed a series of recent misconduct incidents and has been disciplined by the loss of phone and email privileges and through monetary fines.
Volkonski
Verified:

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Volkonski »

Throw him into solitary confinement ala "The Man in the Iron Mask" until he can restore life to Heather Heyer.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Suranis »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:05 pm Throw him into solitary confinement ala "The Man in the Iron Mask" until he can restore life to Heather Heyer.
Off Topic
Because I'm me, this comment started me looking at the Wiki page for the Man in the Iron mask (Shock, the mask was actually made of Velvet) which lead me to reading about Anne of Austria, mother of Louis XIV...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_in_the_Iron_Mask
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Dave from down under »

Couldn't happen to a more deserving POS

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-28/ ... /102031230

Divisive social media influencer Andrew Tate will continue to spend time in Romanian detention after losing a court appeal.

Key points:
Andrew Tate is one of four people being held on suspicion of organised crime and human trafficking
Two co-accused women have been moved from house arrest to full detention
All four will now remain in jail until at least March 29

On Monday a Romanian court upheld a February 21 decision to detain Mr Tate for a third 30-day period.

Mr Tate is being held on suspicion of organised crime and human trafficking, according to Ramona Bolla, a spokesperson for Romania's anti-organised crime agency DIICOT.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by bill_g »

(from above - I paraphrase) Scott Adams is tired of seeing videos of black people beating up white people, and he's tired of helping black people in general because there is no point to it.

I would ask him for a link to all/some/one of these videos, and an example of his fruitless past aid efforts ... I would ... but I already know the answer.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”