PA Birther Bill HB1350

Welsh Dragon

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Welsh Dragon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:53 pm

It's not been introduced yet but Darryl Metcalfe has confirmed that he's going to introduce a birther bill in PA and is seeking co-sponsors:

[/break1]legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/CSM/2011/0/7858.pdf]http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/CS ... 0/7858.pdf

The move was expected and evidently the bill is going to cover all candidates but for President and VP will call for an affidavit plus documentation to prove natural born citizenship, age and residency.

Watch this space.

Edit: Edit for Typo

mimi

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Note that Metcalfe is from Butler County. John de Nugent is from Butler County. POS.

Welsh Dragon

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Welsh Dragon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:03 am

Darryl Metcalfe filed his promised birther bill yesterday. The full text isn't up on the legislature website yet but this seems to be the relevent part:1. “Each candidate for any State, county, city, borough, incorporated town, township, ward, school district, poor district, election district, party office, party delegate or alternate, or for the office of President of the United States, Vice President of the United States, United States Senator or Representative in Congress shall file with his nomination petition his affidavit stating...” 2. “Each candidate for President of the United States shall file with his or her nomination petition or substituted nomination certificate or the applicable nomination paperwork an affidavit containing information enumerated in section 910 and shall append to the affidavit documentation that provides proof that the candidate is a natural born citizen, proof of the candidate’s age and proof that the candidate meets the residency requirements set forth in section 1 of Article II of the Constitution of the United States.” 3. ...“Each candidate for Vice President of the United States shall submit to the Secretary of the Commonwealth containing information enumerated in section 910 and shall append to the affidavit documentation that provides proof that the candidate is a natural born citizen, proof of the candidate’s age and proof that the candidate meets the residency requirements set forth in section 1 of Article II of the Constitution of the United States.”http://www.pahousegop.com/NewsItemPrint ... =11073That not exactly going to get the birthers dancing in the streets is it?PA is in recess until April 26 so I expect it'll be quiet for a while.

bob

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by bob » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:46 am

[/break1]ldnews.com/news/ci_17847778]Local reps support birth certificate bill"As a veteran and an elected official who takes an oath of office, just like every past and future President of the United States, to uphold and defend the Constitutional rights of the citizens I represent, it is beyond perplexing and greatly troubling that a political candidate can ascend to the highest levels of government without providing sufficient documentation verifying his or her place of birth or American citizenship," [Daryl ] Metcalfe said in a news release.[highlight][Mauree ] Gingrich does not include herself among the so-called birthers and says she accepts the documents proving Obama's citizenship. [RoseMarie] Swanger, however, finds it questionable that Obama produced a certification of live birth versus a birth certificate[/highlight].[...]"My thoughts are there are many instances in which we as citizens need to prove that we are citizens.Why wouldn't the highest official in land do the same thing?" she said. "We do have controversy about Obama. A lot of people think there's nothing to it. I want to see an official birth certificate, like what I have to supply."[highlight]Asked if she considered herself a "birther," Swanger said, "I don't care what you call me, I just want to see a real birth certificate[/highlight]."

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Whatever4

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:52 am

PA has had short forms since at least 1962. I've never seen a long form from after about 1950. I don't think the legislature would fall into the long form trap.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

mimi

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by mimi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:03 pm

My short form (from Pennsylvania) does not include that info. Not even my parents names, though they may have to change that now due to new passport rules.

Whatever4

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:51 pm

My short form (from Pennsylvania) does not include that info. Not even my parents names, though they may have to change that now due to new passport rules.Yup, they just added parents. The form says 01/2011.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Welsh Dragon

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Welsh Dragon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 pm

HB 1350 was today refered to State Government Committee . Danny Metcalfe chairs that committee and there 15 Repubs v 10 Dems on it. Still waiting for the official text of bill - the text is being revised but whether that's anything significant or just typos we'll have to see.

Welsh Dragon

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Welsh Dragon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 am

OK - we now have the official text of this billhttp://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/P ... pn=1579The key part is:Section 2. The act is amended by adding a section to read:Section 910.1. Affidavits of Candidates for President andVice President of the United States.–-(a) Each candidate forPresident of the United States shall file with his or hernomination petition or substituted nomination certificate or theapplicable nomination paper an affidavit containing informationenumerated in section 910(a), (b), (c), (d), (e) and (f) andshall append to the affidavit documentation that provides proofthat the candidate is a natural born citizen, proof of thecandidate's age and proof that the candidate meets the residencyrequirements set forth in section 1 of Article II of theConstitution of the United States.(b) No later than the eighth Tuesday prior to the generalelection in the year of the nomination of a President of theUnited States, each candidate for Vice President of the UnitedStates shall submit to the Secretary of the Commonwealth anaffidavit containing information enumerated in section 910(a),(b), (c), (d), (e) and (f) and shall append to the affidavitdocumentation that provides proof that the candidate is anatural born citizen, proof of the candidate's age and proofthat the candidate meets the residency requirements set forth insection 1 of Article II of the Constitution of the UnitedStates.Not really any problem there - affidavit (which is already required in some states ), a nice shiny certified copy of the COLB, something on residency (the possibilities are endless there) and you're good to go!

verbalobe

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by verbalobe » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:28 am

Thanks WD.

And now something that's been said before, but which I just feel I need to get off my chest on this gray Thursday morning: A foreign observer, seeing all this hullabaloo with birther bills -- both the batshit unconstitutional ones and the 'reasonable' ones -- might feel entitled to ask, Oh? Did your United States have a sudden problem with unqualified candidates gaining the ballot, or getting elected?

I try not to let it bother me unduly, but sometimes the birther shit and the filthy fear and loathing that underlies it really pisses me off. It's just been one of those weeks.

Sorry to vent on Pennsylvania. Looks like they're sane(r).

bob

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by bob » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 am

Oh? Did your United States have a sudden problem with unqualified candidates gaining the ballot, or getting elected?I agree; it is a solution looking for a problem.

Yes; Calero was on the ballot in some states. But I think the Republic survived the [/break1]fec.gov/pubrec/fe2008/2008presgeresults.pdf]5,127 (0.004% of total votes) he received.

As birther bills goes, this is the sanest it gets. But why not a bill that applies to all candidates -- federal, state, and local?

Whatever4

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:30 am

I've discovered that PA does have a super-sekret-nobody-knows-about-it long form. They call it a "complete" birth certificate, you can't get it from Vitalchek, it takes 8-10 weeks, you must specifically request it, there's no option for it on the regular form. I'm sending it off today!I'm so excited!

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Sequoia32

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Sequoia32 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 pm

I've discovered that PA does have a super-sekret-nobody-knows-about-it long form. They call it a "complete" birth certificate, you can't get it from Vitalchek, it takes 8-10 weeks, you must specifically request it, there's no option for it on the regular form. I'm sending it off today!I'm so excited!Do you think it is a regular "long form" or does it sound like it is the whole record with the confidential part too?I see PA hands BCs out like candy:Can we register the birth of our child that was born in another country?Yes. You may register the birth of your child who was born in a country other than the United States with the Division of Vital Records if either parent is a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The appropriate forms and instructions may be requested from the Division of Vital Records. You may call (724) 656-3132 if you require further information. :lol: [/break1]portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/birth_certificates/14121/faqs_births/610832#M]http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se ... s/610832#MAlso, you can request one with info not on the usual form: Can I obtain the time of birth?Yes. However, this information may only be released on a certified copy of a birth record. When completing the application form, it will be necessary to check mark "Other" in the Intended Use of Certified Copy section of the form and notate the time of birth is being requested. We suggest you review the instructions on obtaining a certified copy of the birth certificate. Please note the online ordering service is not available to request a certified copy with the time of birth.I wonder, can you request one with the hospital, doc and witnesses?

So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

bob

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by bob » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:12 pm

I wonder, can you request one with the hospital, doc and witnesses?More importantly: Can you request one in hot pink?

Welsh Dragon

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Welsh Dragon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:17 pm

As birther bills goes, this is the sanest it gets. But why not a bill that applies to all candidates -- federal, state, and local?Actually HB1350 does:Section 910. Affidavits of Candidates.--Each candidate forany State, county, city, borough, incorporated town, township,ward, school district, poor district, election district, partyoffice, party delegate or alternate, or for the office of UnitedStates Senator or Representative in Congress, shall file withhis nomination petition his affidavit stating--(a) hisresidence, with street and number, if any, and his post-officeaddress; (b) his election district, giving city, borough, townor township; (c) the name of the office for which he consents tobe a candidate; (d) that he is eligible for such office; Snip Each candidate who submits an affidavitunder this section shall append to the affidavit documentationthat provides proof that the candidate is a citizen of theUnited States, proof of the candidate's age and proof that thecandidate meets the applicable residency requirements for theoffice sought.

Whatever4

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Do you think it is a regular "long form" or does it sound like it is the whole record with the confidential part too?I wonder, can you request one with the hospital, doc and witnesses?I emailed them saying I wanted the most complete version for research, I believe it's the one with all the sigs. When I got the new short form with the parents' names my mother's middle name was pretty mangled. I'm curious how that happened. Also curious how much weight I've put on in the past 53 really soon 54 years. While I was in a vital records mood, I also ordered my marriage certificate from the county. Such sweet ladies they have! "Do I need to send a stamped envelope?" "Oh no dear, we can do that." "Are the baby ducks out in the creek yet?" then 5 minutes on duck antics. The office is across from the town park. Such a change from... Belize.

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Sequoia32

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Sequoia32 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Hmmm, I just looked up Washington state stuff. They changed their rules in 2009 "that allows a person to obtain certain items from the confidential section of their own birth certificate."

3) The law also states that you will only receive information about yourself. Information about your mother or father is still restricted. The following items will be provided, as available on your birth record:

• Newborn medical record number

•Birth weight

•Infant head circumference

•Estimated gestational age

•Apgar scores

•Was the infant transferred within 24 hours of delivery?

•Abnormal conditions of the newborn

•Congenital anomalies of the newbornCA allows the person, the mother and the father if he's named on the BC to get a copy of the whole danged thing.

Also interesting; it looks like, as I had surmised, that the CDC recommended form is just that: recommended, and states can and do modify it.

I received my birth certificate but why isn't the time of my birth listed?

All changes to birth records are handled by the Washington State Dept. of Health in Olympia. If you were born between the years of 1949 to 1967, no times were reported on births. You should check with the hospital where you were born to see if they have retained original records of your birth which may indicate the time.And an Idaho one from 2000:

[/break1]proliberty.com/observer/images/idbirth.htm]http://www.proliberty.com/observer/images/idbirth.htm

So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Princess foofypants

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Princess foofypants » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Do you think it is a regular "long form" or does it sound like it is the whole record with the confidential part too?I wonder, can you request one with the hospital, doc and witnesses?I emailed them saying I wanted the most complete version for research, I believe it's the one with all the sigs. When I got the new short form with the parents' names my mother's middle name was pretty mangled. I'm curious how that happened. Also curious how much weight I've put on in the past 53 really soon 54 years. While I was in a vital records mood, I also ordered my marriage certificate from the county. Such sweet ladies they have! "Do I need to send a stamped envelope?" "Oh no dear, we can do that." "Are the baby ducks out in the creek yet?" then 5 minutes on duck antics. The office is across from the town park. Such a change from... Belize.LMAO! Many moons ago, I had to get new BC's for me and my ex. I was born in one of the big, impersonal states and never actually interacted with a person, just ordered via automated phone call. The ex was born in a very underpopulated state... so much so that when I called (yes, I was able to call for him) they seemed actually excited about the opportunity of sending out a birth certificate.

Whatever4

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Do you think it is a regular "long form" or does it sound like it is the whole record with the confidential part too?I wonder, can you request one with the hospital, doc and witnesses?I emailed them saying I wanted the most complete version for research, I believe it's the one with all the sigs. When I got the new short form with the parents' names my mother's middle name was pretty mangled. I'm curious how that happened. Also curious how much weight I've put on in the past 53 really soon 54 years. While I was in a vital records mood, I also ordered my marriage certificate from the county. Such sweet ladies they have! "Do I need to send a stamped envelope?" "Oh no dear, we can do that." "Are the baby ducks out in the creek yet?" then 5 minutes on duck antics. The office is across from the town park. Such a change from... Belize.LMAO! Many moons ago, I had to get new BC's for me and my ex. I was born in one of the big, impersonal states and never actually interacted with a person, just ordered via automated phone call. The ex was born in a very underpopulated state... so much so that when I called (yes, I was able to call for him) they seemed actually excited about the opportunity of sending out a birth certificate.I just spoke to Mom, who knew who the woman was from the description. Comes from growing up in a county that's less populated than my current section of town. (Oh -- Mom sold Dad's trailer -- no more "guest house"! \ :D / )

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

rajah

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by rajah » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:14 pm

LMAO! Many moons ago, I had to get new BC's for me and my ex. I was born in one of the big, impersonal states and never actually interacted with a person, just ordered via automated phone call.Was that you or the B/C.

Regards .........Dick

bob

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by bob » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:34 pm

goerie.com [/break1]goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110423/OPINION01/304239997/-1/OPINION16]editorial:Pennsylvania has the largest full-time Legislature in the country, and Pennsylvania House Speaker Sam Smith, R-Jefferson County, supports a state constitutional amendment to cut 50 lawmakers.Doesn't Pennsylvania have enough issues for politicians to decide? Nevertheless, state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, R-Cranberry, has introduced a bill with 28 co-sponsors that would require presidential candidates to file documents proving they are "natural born citizens" in order to qualify for the ballot.This is an obvious play to the "birthers" who want to falsely claim that President Obama wasn't born in the U.S. "I have not seen the actual documentation," Metcalfe said when asked whether he also doubts that Obama is a U.S. citizen. "I would expect he'd be natural born," he added, according to an Associated Press story.Our lawmakers have more important things to accomplish than this nonsensical venture into conspiracy theories.

Welsh Dragon

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Welsh Dragon » Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Maybe it's an omen for the future - a "Voter ID" bill sponsored by Rep. Metcalfe was "Tabled" in his committee today.

neonzx

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by neonzx » Mon May 09, 2011 4:07 pm

My short form (from Pennsylvania) does not include that info. Not even my parents names, though they may have to change that now due to new passport rules.Good thing you aren't running for President. In Ohio, they switched to the short form in the late 90s. Fortunately for me, if I decide to run for President, Ohio offers several designs of "heirloom" certificates and are legally valid for all purposes.I can get one with FOOT PRINTS! :P

Sequoia32

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Sequoia32 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:13 pm

My short form (from Pennsylvania) does not include that info. Not even my parents names, though they may have to change that now due to new passport rules.Good thing you aren't running for President. In Ohio, they switched to the short form in the late 90s. Fortunately for me, if I decide to run for President, Ohio offers several designs of "heirloom" certificates and are legally valid for all purposes.I can get one with FOOT PRINTS! :PGeneric foot prints or did Ohio add a field to the CDC recommended form for every newborns prints?
Edit: Uh, Neon, I don't think your feets will fit.From the Ohio DOH site:You can also request a Newborn Footprints certificate, which offers space for you to capture a precious stamp of your child’s feet.I guess if you already have footprints somewhere like in a baby book, you could scan and print them.

Foggy

PA Birther Bill HB1350

Post by Foggy » Mon May 09, 2011 8:08 pm

He can use footprints of teh cute kitteh he had in his 'Justin' video? They're small enough ... :lol:

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Return to “Birther Legislation”