Nebraska Legislative Bill 654

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg »

Lincoln JournalStar: [link]'Birther' bill gets airing before committee,http://journalstar.com/news/unicameral/ ... 69625.html[/link]
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 »

Ha Ha! They outed Butterbutt!
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

DaveMuckey

Post by DaveMuckey »

UnicamelBicamel

Butterfly Bilderberg

Another [link]article,http://omaha.com/article/20110310/NEWS01/703119912/-1[/link].

Ristvedt said “natural born” hasn’t been clearly defined by the courts, which have rejected repeated challenges of Obama’s citizenship.

She said LB 654 would provide the basis for a lawsuit to clarify the term.

“The issue is the rule of law,” she said.

But Sen. Scott Price of Omaha questioned why Nebraska should pass a law so it could be challenged in court, thus forcing the state to bear the expense of fighting a lawsuit.

Richard Hedrick of Lincoln opposed the bill, saying it was unnecessary and designed to pacify the so-called “birthers.”

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Lakin got a sizable mention (she said something about it costing him $800k of his life savings in addition to his pension benefits - what on earth is that about?)Maybe it means that his wife got the house.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Loren

Post by Loren »

Ha Ha! They outed Butterbutt!Nellie Ristvedt of Crete testified in support of the bill, saying "this issue is not going away."

"I was given nobody on the last ballot that I knew was constitutionally eligible," she said. "It's not about one person. It's about a process."Other things Ms. Ristvedt has said, which I really wish some folks on the panel knew about:

I haven’t yet posted all the documentation about it it yet, but there is solid evidence that microfilms were changed out at least once in every library that’s listed in a list of holdings for the Star-Bulletin and Honolulu Advertiser for the dates that Obama’ birth announcements were supposedly printed. Except one, and that’s only because we don’t know what it has because we didn’t check that library.

So not only is it a conspiracy, it is a quite extended and elaborate one, involving multiple government agencies and the alteration of historic documents in libraries in 2 states and the Library of Congress. (If nothing else it deserves RICO charges.)

And it is a documented conspiracy.My suspicion is that they have 2 copies of the 1960-64 birth index - one that has been manipulated and one that has not been manipulated so that if somebody like the Ombudsman came to inspect they could give the real one.I’m talking about stuff like subliminals, hypnosis, microwave voice stuff, etc. My understanding is that there are technologies which allow voices to be in a person’s mind, chips implanted in the brain to allow remote control of a person, etc.

Any person who is found out is immediately thought to be schizo because the techniques control people in ways that mimic schizophrenia, which is what allows them to hide when these technologies are used for things like assassinations. But some of the information about these programs and technologies have had to be revealed because of FOIA requests.

Welsh Dragon

Post by Welsh Dragon »

Here is a link to the booklet that BDZ gave to the committee - it's a bit crazier than her testimony but not as crazy as the BDZ we know and love(?).[/break1]files.wordpress.com/2011/03/why-lb-654-is-needed-revised1.pdf]Why LB654 is Needed

Butterfly Bilderberg

Her 14-page booklet makes clear that it is ALL ABOUT OBAMA. She deceived no one.

Welsh Dragon

Post by Welsh Dragon »

Her 14-page booklet makes clear that it is ALL ABOUT OBAMA. She deceived no one.I guarantee none of them got through page 1 of that nonsense. It is disorganized and rambling. I would like to know what BDZ does for a living because she has obviously never pitched an idea to the high powers. If you can't distill your idea to less than 6 bullet points, you're toast.She's a housewife.

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants »

From her Nebraska Birther Manifesto... the very start in factWhy Nebraska LB 654 is NeededIn this article I’m going to be referring to a lot of things from the 2008 election, simply because that election revealed so many vulnerabilities and problems.Translation: This bill is necessary because in 2008 a scary black man was elected... Our vulnerabilities is that a brown person could get on the ballot and the problem is that somehow he won.

everalm

Post by everalm »

It's all"THIS IS ABOUT THE PROCESS...not about anyone in particular...... so as an example we use Obama and put BS and lying cartoons in this important document.... ](*,)

Loren

Post by Loren »

Here is a link to the booklet that BDZ gave to the committee - it's a bit crazier than her testimony but not as crazy as the BDZ we know and love(?).[/break1]files.wordpress.com/2011/03/why-lb-654-is-needed-revised1.pdf]Why LB654 is NeededAmong her sources, she cites Mike Evans, Tim Adams, and Doug Hagmann.And herself. A lot.

Welsh Dragon

Post by Welsh Dragon »

I was trying to avoid reading BDZ's booklet but now I have. IMO if the committee reads it then BDZ's killed the bill!

Welsh Dragon

Post by Welsh Dragon »

Sen. Shoemaker -- Go Hoyas!
Trivia Alert - did you know that Alexander Porter Morse was one of the first class of Georgetown JDs?http://www.law.georgetown.edu/tour/images/b1.gif

Welsh Dragon

Post by Welsh Dragon »

[/break1]therepublic.com/view/story/d43749240cae49e2bdb943c140471591/NE-XGR--Birth-Certificate/%20]http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/d ... ficate/%20

State Sen. Bill Avery, who chairs the committee, said the Nebraska bill, LB654, would die there. \ :D / \ :D /

H/t to BDZ!

Loren

Post by Loren »

Her 14-page booklet makes clear that it is ALL ABOUT OBAMA. She deceived no one.I guarantee none of them got through page 1 of that nonsense. It is disorganized and rambling.You've never looked at [/break1]wordpress.com/]her blog, have you? That booklet is the model of organization by comparison.The booklet also uses a lot fewer text colors, which is good. But it still uses two, which is one too many.

June bug

Post by June bug »

From one [link]article,http://journalstar.com/news/unicameral/ ... 69625.html[/link] about the hearing on Christensen's bill:Christensen's bill not only would require presidential and vice presidential candidates to provide a certified long-form copy of their birth certificates to Nebraska's secretary of state, [highlight]it also would require candidates to provide copies of their parents' long-form birth certificates.[/highlight]In order for a person to qualify to be a presidential candidate in Nebraska, the bill would [highlight]require an affidavit in which the candidate swears, "On the day I was born, both my birth father and my birth mother were citizens of the United States of America.[/highlight]"From another [link]article,http://omaha.com/article/20110310/NEWS01/703119912/-1[/link]:[Christensen aide] Wiles said the senator [highlight]doesn’t believe candidates need to have been born to U.S. citizens[/highlight], but he included that requirement in the bill to [highlight]provoke discussion[/highlight].Right. :^o :^o :^o

BFB

Post by BFB »

Here's the reaction from BD, or BZ or lard ass, whatever she calls herself, on the death of LB 654:

So there you have it. The committee apparently answered MY one question by saying no, they didn’t mean it when they swore to support the US Constitution, but are expecting somebody else to do it for them. So it's do it my way, or you're not upholding the Constitution. Because I am a Constitutional EXPERT and know every in and out of that document. Except the parts that I don't agree with.

The next step in this process is to do their sworn job of supporting the US Constitution for them, since that seems to be their demand. No, what they said was they're not wasting time on this POS legislation. THAT's their job. I need to find out what help I can get to get signatures for a ballot initiative that would go something like this:

Any registered Nebraska voter shall have legal standing to challenge in court the legal eligibility of any candidate on the ballot, provided that the legal challenge is filed in state court before the term of office at stake in that election begins.

If you or somebody you know would be willing to help in that effort, please contact me. Yeah, good luck with getting someone who's not as nutty as you are to help. The US Constitution and the rule of law IS our business. That’s what America is all about. Our elected officials aren’t hearing what we’re saying to them. No, they're hearing you. And wishing they hadn't. It’s time for we the people to step up and reaffirm the basic, foundational principles of our Constitution: the rule of law and government that belongs to the people. ](*,) ](*,)

June bug

Post by June bug »

OMFG, do you think that BDZ has even considered the real-life consequences if her insane "initiative" was actually to pass and miraculously survive the inevitable constitutional challenges?

Any registered Nebraska voter shall have legal standing to challenge in court the legal eligibility of any candidate on the ballot, provided that the legal challenge is filed in state court before the term of office at stake in that election begins.Any nutcase could challenge any person elected to any office at any time before their term begins and be guaranteed standing?

Don't be fooled by imitations. [-X

This is the real "Chaos Theory".

Loren

Post by Loren »

[/break1]com/focus/news/2687477/posts?page=8#8]BZ's paranoia continues:And the Lincoln Journal Star said they sent me a registration confirmation e-mail so I could post and it didn’t arrive in my inbox until about 8 hours later. Of course, that could be because my e-mails are being sorted through and some of them snatched away before my very eyes...Yes, inbetween the Libya situation and King's Muslim hearings, the federal government decided to expend some resources mucking around with the email of a kooky Nebraska housewife, by delaying when she got a confirmation email from an online bulletin board.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Lakin got a sizable mention (she said something about it costing him $800k of his life savings in addition to his pension benefits - what on earth is that about?)Maybe it means that his wife got the house.He made Dr. Lakin stay home and be a "housekeeper"...So... =))
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

realist

Post by realist »

From well-informed Orly' s House of NItrous...NE is charging ahead to stop Fraud ObamaPosted on | March 12, 2011 | No CommentsNE is charging ahead to stop Fraud ObamaPosted on | March 12, 2011 | No CommentsCommittee hears ‘birther’ bill (Nebraska)Friday, March 11, 2011 5:37:00 PM · by Red Steel · 7 repliesOmaha.com ^ | March 10, 2011 | Martha StoddardLINCOLN — President Obama won an electoral vote from Nebraska in 2008 [highlight]but couldn’t seek re-election in the state under a bill heard by lawmakers Thursday. Legislative Bill 654 would bar Obama’s name from appearing on the Nebraska ballot because his father was not a U.S. citizen[/highlight]. The measure requires presidential and vice presidential candidates to prove they are eligible for the nation’s highest office before they could be candidates in Nebraska. LB 654 is among a dozen pieces of legislation introduced around the country in response to questions about Obama’s citizenship. State Sen. Mark Christensen of Imperial, the bill’s…
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The interviewer had a flag on his desk, so she just counted them.That's cheatin'! [-XThe nice thing about Irish citizenship is that the number of stripes is a lot easier to count.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nd.svg.png
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

mimi

Post by mimi »

From one [link]article,http://journalstar.com/news/unicameral/ ... 69625.html[/link] about the hearing on Christensen's bill:Christensen's bill not only would require presidential and vice presidential candidates to provide a certified long-form copy of their birth certificates to Nebraska's secretary of state, [highlight]it also would require candidates to provide copies of their parents' long-form birth certificates.[/highlight]In order for a person to qualify to be a presidential candidate in Nebraska, the bill would [highlight]require an affidavit in which the candidate swears, "On the day I was born, both my birth father and my birth mother were citizens of the United States of America.[/highlight]"[...]A response to that article, and Butterdezillion, in particular:Letter, 3/18: Birther bill frivolous * Story * DiscussionLetter, 3/18: Birther bill frivolousPosted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:55 pm | I guess neither of my sons, both born at BryanLGH, great-great-great-great-grandsons of a captain in the American Revolutionary War and great-great grandsons of a Civil War adjutant general, would make it on the presidential ballot in the state of their birth, if Sen. Mark Christensen's bill becomes law and passes constitutional muster. Their mother, much to their misfortune, was born in Poland.If Nellie Ristvedt, who testified in favor of the bill, is interested in process ("'Birther' bill before senators," March 11), she should concentrate on the Legislature's process of wasting time and money on frivolous matters.Ms. Ristvedt and Sen. Christensen either do not agree with or do not understand 200-plus years of constitutional law and tradition that establish what a natural-born citizen means in terms of eligibility to be president of the United States. That definition was good enough for presidents with one or neither parent being born in the United States. It also includes Mitt Romney's father, George, a Republican candidate in 1968, who was actually born in Mexico.Perhaps Attorney General Jon Bruning could make a definitive statement about the absurdity of such a law and forswear any action to defend it in court.Clay Bradley, Lincoln[/break1]com/news/opinion/mailbag/article_913bcf3b-d356-5d3d-a7c4-73d87149f0cc.html]http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/mai ... 9f0cc.html :mrgreen:

Return to “Birther Legislation”