Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

GreatGrey

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by GreatGrey » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Introduced by a first term TeaBirther RWNJ.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Sterngard Friegen

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:08 pm

I guess this needs a new topic. Is it 2012?HOUSE BILL NO. 1046more...[/break1]firedupmissouri.com/content/birtherism-alive-and-well-missouri-legislature]http://www.firedupmissouri.com/content/ ... egislatureSounds like Obama's COLB is all that's required.Yes. But it has to be a valid one. Not a fake one that a State conspired to fabricate.I don't see any requirement for a social security card, a selective service number, or a specific number of years of matriculation at Columbia. Typhoid Orly better contact the sponsor.

fava

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by fava » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 am

Such evidence shall be in the form of the most complete record of birth available by the controlling legal authority at the time of the nominee's birth.Would a short form be acceptable or would it require a long form. As I understand even the long form may not be the "most complete record available" since there may be additional medical data attached that is not provided. ie The long form is the top of a longer form.

mimi

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by mimi » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:27 am

Such evidence shall be in the form of the most complete record of birth available by the controlling legal authority at the time of the nominee's birth.Would a short form be acceptable or would it require a long form. As I understand even the long form may not be the "most complete record available" since there may be additional medical data attached that is not provided. ie The long form is the top of a longer form.The short form is the most complete available. Hawaii made an exception due to the President's request. Normally, the COLB is what is available.Is Missouri gonna sue Hawaii Department of Health and every other state that only gives short forms now?that could be fun.

fava

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by fava » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:51 am

The short form is the most complete available. Hawaii made an exception due to the President's request. Normally, the COLB is what is available.The distinction I am tried to make (badly) is that "available by" is not necessarily the same as "available from". If "available by" is interpreted as "available to", then the short form might not be acceptable since there is more information available to the state than they are willing to make public. The legislation should read "available from" since it removes the ambiguity.

BFB

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by BFB » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:27 am

Such evidence shall be in the form of the most complete record of birth available by the controlling legal authority [highlight]at the time of the nominee's birth[/highlight].Anybody have any thoughts as to the significance of the law specifying the time frame of the record it seeks? I don't see how that stands up under full faith & credit, if it's ever passed.

Foggy

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 am

Does raise an interesting question, yesno?What if Stanley Ann had gone to the Dept. of Health in Dec. 1961 and asked for a birth certificate?She wouldn't get a COLB. She wouldn't get a tasty fried microfish. What was the technology "at the time of the nominee's birth"? Mimeo?

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

A Legal Lohengrin

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Such evidence shall be in the form of the most complete record of birth available by the controlling legal authority [highlight]at the time of the nominee's birth[/highlight].Anybody have any thoughts as to the significance of the law specifying the time frame of the record it seeks? I don't see how that stands up under full faith & credit, if it's ever passed.I think a court could dodge a constitutional challenge by interpreting the statute as meaning the most complete record of birth that is currently available from what was the controlling legal authority at the time of the nominee's birth, or its successor if that legal authority has since ceased to exist.

SueDB

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by SueDB » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Does raise an interesting question, yesno?What if Stanley Ann had gone to the Dept. of Health in Dec. 1961 and asked for a birth certificate?She wouldn't get a COLB. She wouldn't get a tasty fried microfish. What was the technology "at the time of the nominee's birth"? Mimeo?Photocopy. The Washington State BC I ordered quite a while ago (Sep1967) is a picture in reverse (black and white - negative style - positive photograph of a negative - looks weird, but that's the way it was in the late 60's) - I do remember a copy of my original but haven't seen it since before 1967.Not every state had the money to put it all on microfish or microfilm spools. Funny, mine looks like the certificate was in a book and the edge is on the left side.
Edit: fix

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

esseff44

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by esseff44 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Does raise an interesting question, yesno?What if Stanley Ann had gone to the Dept. of Health in Dec. 1961 and asked for a birth certificate?She wouldn't get a COLB. She wouldn't get a tasty fried microfish. What was the technology "at the time of the nominee's birth"? Mimeo?Photocopy. The Washington State BC I ordered quite a while ago (Sep1967) is a picture in reverse (black and white - negative style - positive photograph of a negative - looks weird, but that's the way it was in the late 60's) - I do remember a copy of my original but haven't seen it since before 1967.Not every state had the money to put it all on microfish or microfilm spools. Funny, mine looks like the certificate was in a book and the edge is on the left side.
Edit: fix
She might have gotten a photostatic copy. The copy my parents had from 1944 was a photo negative type that looks like the copies shown for the Nordyke twins. The states changed over as newer technologies became available. Since it would have taken a lot of time to transfer from one system to another, people asking for copies may have received different forms depending on where the agency was in the process.[/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Photostat_machine]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photostat_machineWe still don't know if Hawaii ever used microfilm or microfiche to store these records. I tend to doubt it.[/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfilm]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicrofilmThe first I heard of there being a microfimed version of Obama's birth record was after Corsi and Sheriff Joe got together and started talking about it. Then, O'rly picked it up and started putting in her kitchen sink pleadings hither and yon. So far, I have not heard anyone ask the DoH if they ever used such technology to store birth records. Of course, it doesn't matter since they have already produced what is important and in officially certified the information.

SueDB

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by SueDB » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Some states had the money to do this. It makes sense in a state with 44 million people.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

RTH10260

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Such evidence shall be in the form of the most complete record of birth available by the controlling legal authority at the time of the nominee's birth.Would a short form be acceptable or would it require a long form. As I understand even the long form may not be the "most complete record available" since there may be additional medical data attached that is not provided. ie The long form is the top of a longer form.Question from across the Great Pond:Wouldn't the wording of a "controlling authority" also include the notion that it is up to said authority to determine what it deems sufficient to release as the "most complete" record in its jurisdiction ?

dunstvangeet

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by dunstvangeet » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:47 pm

It still attempts to define something that inherently in the pervue of the Federal Government. The State of Missouri cannot define what constitutes a "valid birth certificate" from another State. Only the Federal Government can do that.

jtmunkus

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by jtmunkus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:18 pm

:D

Sterngard Friegen

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Such evidence shall be in the form of the most complete record of birth available by the controlling legal authority at the time of the nominee's birth.Does "at the time of the nominee's birth" modify "controlling authority" or "most complete birth record"? While it's not well written, I think it's the former. If so, the COLB is just fine and there are no "full faith and credit" issues. Indeed, in order to avoid a constitutional problem, under the canons of construction that would be the only way to interpret the phrase. (There is, however, the problem with the preposition "by." It should be "from.")

Butterfly Bilderberg

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:48 pm

As used in this subsection, "natural born citizen" means having been declared a national and citizen of the United States at birth under 8 U.S.C. Sections 1401 to 1409, as amended, or having been declared a national and citizen of the United States under federal law as it existed at the time of the nominee's birth.So who's going to be doing all this declaring?

Not one candidate running for the Presidency in 2012 can qualify, as none has sought and obtained a declaratory judgment.

"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Sterngard Friegen

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:04 pm

If the statute were to use the word "deemed" it might be better. But it shows how poorly written it is. That happens when you have ulterior motives and are trying to hide them.

Adrianinflorida

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 am

As used in this subsection, "natural born citizen" means having been declared a national and citizen of the United States at birth under 8 U.S.C. Sections 1401 to 1409, as amended, or having been declared a national and citizen of the United States under federal law as it existed at the time of the nominee's birth.So who's going to be doing all this declaring?

Not one candidate running for the Presidency in 2012 can qualify, as none has sought and obtained a declaratory judgment.The Tea Party Naturality Committee

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Kriselda Gray » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Such evidence shall be in the form of the most complete record of birth available by the controlling legal authority at the time of the nominee's birth.Does "at the time of the nominee's birth" modify "controlling authority" or "most complete birth record"? While it's not well written, I think it's the former. If so, the COLB is just fine and there are no "full faith and credit" issues. Indeed, in order to avoid a constitutional problem, under the canons of construction that would be the only way to interpret the phrase. (There is, however, the problem with the preposition "by." It should be "from.")I took it to mean that they want the most complete record of birth as available from the controlling authority at the time of the birth. I think the goal here is to prevent states that now use short-form birth certificates from being able to say "this is all you get." By demanding the most complete record available at the time the baby was born, they think the states will have to dig out the original long-form certificates with hospital and doctor names on it, everyone's signatures (and probably the cute little footprint, too!)

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

dunstvangeet

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by dunstvangeet » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:49 pm

I took it to mean that they want the most complete record of birth as available from the controlling authority at the time of the birth. I think the goal here is to prevent states that now use short-form birth certificates from being able to say "this is all you get." By demanding the most complete record available at the time the baby was born, they think the states will have to dig out the original long-form certificates with hospital and doctor names on it, everyone's signatures (and probably the cute little footprint, too!)I took it to mean that too. However, if it does mean that, then it's blatently unconstitutional since the State of Missouri, according to the United States Constitution does not have the authority to say what records are "valid proof" from another state. It blatently violates the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution, which puts that pervue under the Federal Government. So, either it's a clause that is meaningless, or it is a clause that is blatently unconstitutional, and therefore unenforceable. (Of course, I am not a lawyer, but that would be how I read it.)

Sterngard Friegen

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Or, under the canons of statutory construction, the phrase "at the time of the nominee's birth" modifies "controlling authority."

dunstvangeet

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by dunstvangeet » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Or, under the canons of statutory construction, the phrase "at the time of the nominee's birth" modifies "controlling authority."So, my question is what happens on the following:Some states had Counties collect birth records for a while, but after a few centralized the birth certificates to a State function. So, if a state does that, do you have to get a meaningless certificate from the County (who was responsible for it at the time of the candidate's birth), or the State (who is responsible for it now).Furthermore, how is this construction not blatently unconstitutional as it attempts to differentiate what records are accepted from presumably records that are not acceptable? Isn't that the perview of the Federal Government, and not the State of Missouri?

RTH10260

Missouri H.B. 283 (2011)

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Or, under the canons of statutory construction, the phrase "at the time of the nominee's birth" modifies "controlling authority."Can we expect SCOTUS to resolve this riddle by 2017 ?

Return to “Birther Legislation”