Greg "Ted Baxter" Kelly of Newsmax

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Greg "Ted Baxter" Kelly of Newsmax

Post by Luke »

Greg Kelly, son of former NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly, is unable to stop being a toadying idiot. On his show Greg Kelly Reports, Newsmax' top-rated show, he constantly misspeaks, gets facts wrong and is ridiculous. He's an evil version of Ted Baxter from Mary Tyler Moore.

Lately, he's been going on about Joe Biden's dogs. He says he treats Twitter like a joke to stir things up. Tonight he issued his "official statement" about it.

Could Newsmax find a niche as home for Trump-loving dog haters?
By ANTHONY MAN SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL | FEB 23, 2021 AT 7:02 AM

Greg Kelly, one of the marquee hosts on the Newsmax cable channel, has been skewered online after he disparaged one of President Joe Biden’s dogs. Kelly said Champ, one of the first family’s two German Shepherds, looked as if he’s “from the junkyard” and “looks like he’s not been well cared for.” His conclusion about the president’s older dog, made on the Boca Raton-based media network, was widely condemned on social media, and even prompted an on-air rebuke from a host on another cable channel, Brian Williams of MSNBC.After the torrent of criticism, Kelly lashed back in a tweetstorm. It started on Friday, during a segment on the show “Greg Kelly Reports” when he brought up the subject of Biden’s older dog — a topic that seemed planned since it also included an image of Champ that filled the screen as he began a conversation with two guests. “Did you see the dog? I want to show you something I noticed. Doesn’t he look a little rough?” Kelly said, laughing. “I love dogs, but this dog needs a bath and a comb and all kinds of love and care. I’ve never seen a dog in the White House like this. I remember Buddy, I remember Millie, I remember lots of dogs, but not a dog who seems, I don’t know, I don’t know how much love and care he is getting.” “This dog looks like from, I’m sorry, from the junkyard, and I love that dog but he looks like he’s not been well cared for,” Kelly said.

His first guest, Craig Shirley, agreed with the host: “He looks very dirty and disheveled and very unlike a presidential dog like Millie or Victory or something else in the past in the White House.” According to the Presidential Pet Museum, every president for more than a century has had a dog — except for former President Donald Trump. Many people believe that Trump doesn’t like dogs, especially because he has repeatedly used the label “dog” to describe women he doesn’t like or who challenged him. During a 2019 rally, Trump said it would look “phony” if he got a dog. Buddy was owned by former President Bill Clinton, Millie was owned by former President George H.W. Bush, and Victory by former President Ronald Reagan. Shirley is the author of four books on Reagan.

Many Americans love their pets, especially dogs. Public opinion polling from YouGov.com showed 69% of Americans had at least one pet in their home, with dogs the most common. And 88% of pet owners said pets are members of their families and 66% have allowed their pet to sleep in bed with them. YouGov also found 49% of Americans identified themselves as a “dog person” — well ahead of “cat person” at 21%. Many Americans did not love Kelly’s comments. “So @newsmax hates dogs, huh? @gregkellyusa is truly trash,” the commentator Roland S. Martin wrote on Twitter. Two of the nicer comments on Twitter: “The idiots are attacking a 12-year-old German Shepherd. Elderly pups, much like people, lose their magazine-cover looks to the emotionally blind. Those that have the gift of sight can see the exquisite beauty in their life well lived,” one person wrote. Another referred to Kelly and Shirley as “pathetic pasty dudes. They wished they looked as good as that dog.” On his MSNBC program “The 11th Hour,” Friday night, Williams defended Champ since he “can’t speak for himself.” “First of all, he’s 12 and if you know German shepherds you know that’s old for that breed. They got Champ when Biden was vice president. He was so named because Biden’s dad used to say to young Joe ‘any time you get knocked down, champ, get up,’” Williams said. “Think of it this way: if Champ were to meet Greg Kelly, he would probably love Greg Kelly unconditionally because that’s what dogs do. It’s probably also why there are no dogs anchoring on Newsmax.”

Newsmax, based in Boca Raton, enjoyed a ratings bump after the November election, when Trump and his allies perpetuated the false claim that he actually won re-election and voting was riddled with fraud, and the former president urged his fans to start watching the channel. Newsmax didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from the channel or from Kelly. On Saturday, Kelly wrote a series of tweets about the contretemps complaining when he commented on Biden’s dog “ALL-OUT HYSTERIA breaks out. Something’s a little ‘off’ in Joe Biden’s AMERICA!” In another tweet, Kelly wrote: “‘Who knew’ CHAMP and MAJOR were so popular. But it makes sense — both are more Active and Visible than their lazy, tired OWNER.”
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/polit ... story.html

Tempted to call in the 699th for some JUSTICE!

Ted.jpg
Ted.jpg (75.37 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Greg "Ted Baxter" Kelly of Newsmax

Post by Luke »

Greg "Ted Baxter" Kelly is back where he belongs.
Newsmax Loses More Than Half Its Audience Since Post-Election Ratings Surge
By Marisa Sarnoff Mar 5th, 2021, 5:35 pm

Following its post-election ratings surge, right-wing network Newsmax has seen its ratings drop, losing more than half of its total day audience, according to data from Nielsen. In December, Newsmax made headlines when it topped a Fox News show in the key demographic of viewers age 25-54: on Dec. 7, at 7 p.m., Greg Kelly Reports had 229,000 viewers in the demo, beating Fox’s The Story With Martha MacCallum, which had 203,000 viewers in the demo. Martha MacCallum still topped Greg Kelly in total viewership that day, with 1.59 million total viewers to Kelly’s 949,000, but the demo upset was a shock for a network that long touted its position as the top-rated one in cable news.

In the weeks following the election, Newsmax saw ratings highs as viewers, disappointed by Donald Trump’s loss to President Joe Biden, turned to Newsmax for comfort, as the network continued to perpetuate baseless claims of voter fraud. (Newsmax did eventually accept Trump’s defeat – well, mostly – but in February, the network allowed Trump to push the false election claims during a phone interview.)

Newsmax has also had its share of controversies since the election. In December, facing the threat of a lawsuit, the network ran a fact-check of its own reporting on baseless voter fraud allegation. In February, anchor Bob Sellers literally walked out of an interview with MyPillow founder and vocal Trump supporter Mike Lindell, who has continued to push baseless claims of voter fraud (and has since been sued for it). Viewers called for a boycott, and the next day, Sellers returned with an apology to Lindell.

But in the last week of February, Newsmax had lost 51% of its audience in total day since its viewership peaked the week of November 16, 2020, dropping from an average 398,000 viewers in total day to 197,000, and 63% of its viewers in demo, dropping from 93,000 to 34,000. In prime time, the total viewership drop-off was 55%, from 495,000 to 223,000, and 63% in the demo, from 134,000 to 49,000. During the 7 p.m. hour, the audience for Greg Kelly Reports dropped 48%, from 970,000 to 502,000, and 67% in the demo, from 242,000 to 80,000, according to Nielsen data. Newsmax also dropped in cable rankings from 27th among total viewers in prime time the week of Nov. 16, to 52nd the week of Feb. 22. In total day, Newsmax dropped from 19th to 33rd in the weekly cable rankings.

As cable television viewership was down over all in the last week of February compared to the week of Nov. 16, the three major cable news networks also saw ratings declines over that time period, although none quite as steep as Newsmax. Since the week of Nov. 16, CNN’s total day viewership has dropped 36%, and 43% in the demo, as of the week of Feb. 22; in prime time, total viewership is down 38%, and 45% in the demo. At MSNBC, total day viewership is down 17%, and 28% in the demo, while prime time viewership is down 12% overall, and 22% in the demo. Fox News has seen its total day audience drop 7% since November, and 13% in the demo, while its primetime viewership has dropped 19%, and 25% in the demo.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/newsmax-los ... ngs-surge/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Re: Greg "Ted Baxter" Kelly of Newsmax

Post by Luke »

Greg is Trending on Twitter for this beauty:
Greg Kelly @gregkellyusa · 3h
SMOKING WEED (aka GRASS) is NOT a good idea. I’ve tried it (back in the day) and it was WORSE than anything that happened to HUNTER BIDEN. I “toked up” with some buddies in Kentucky and woke up 4 days later in Nairobi, Kenya. With no idea what happened. DON’T DO DRUGS.

Return to “Other weirdos”