'Birtherism' Is Back and That May Be Bad News For Trump CNN NY Times 8/3/16 NBC News 7/28/16

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

'Birtherism' Is Back and That May Be Bad News For Trump CNN NY Times 8/3/16 NBC News 7/28/16

Post by Orlylicious »

NBC News:
'Birtherism' Is Back and That May Be Bad News For Trump
by Adam Howard Jul 28 2016, 4:06 pm ET

Donald Trump: the nomination of a birther

Birtherism — the repeatedly debunked conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama is not a legitimate American citizen — has made a comeback in the political discourse, and oddly enough it's the first couple resurrecting it. In her acclaimed address before the Democratic National Convention on Monday, first lady Michelle Obama talked about encouraging her daughters Sasha and Malia to "ignore those who question their father's citizenship or faith." On Wednesday, the president himself made a quip about his Kansas ancestors' emigrating without their birth certificates in tow during his DNC speech.
Meanwhile, Trump may be forced to yet again confront what MSNBC's Chris Matthews has called his "original sin," taking up the birther cause and running with it. Trump's campaign has already been struggling mightily with minority voters (two recent NBC News swing state polls had him registering zero percent support from African-Americans), and being linked to an undeniably racially insensitive cause could do further damage to his reputation.
Trump did, however, claim that his team of sleuths discovered "absolutely unbelievable" information that was presumably unflattering to President Obama. "At a certain point in time I'll be revealing some interesting things," Trump said in a CNN interview at the height of the controversy. "You'll be very surprised." But as of today, he has never divulged his alleged findings to the public. According to the Times, Dr. Alvin Onaka, the current Hawaii state registrar, who would have been handling any inquiries into Obama's medical information at the time, has said "he had no evidence or recollection of Mr. Trump or any of his representatives ever requesting the records" from the state's Department of Health.
Although a large portion of the GOP electorate still believes the president is not American, the consensus among the wider swath of the American public is that birtherism is a fringe movement. As Democrats continue to make the case that Trump is unfit for the Oval Office, his commitment to questioning a now quite popular president's heritage will be an unprecedented weapon in their arsenal.
Lots more: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp ... mp-n618731

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Karen Walker

Re: NBC News: 'Birtherism' Is Back and That May Be Bad News For Trump 7/28/16

Post by Karen Walker »

[hidden]Hiding this because I don't want to further the rumours on teh Googles.
Rage Furby (among other RWNJ's) has been crowdsourcing funds to do a DNA test to 'prove' Frank Marshal Davis is his real daddy or at least Obama Sr.is not. Now that Rage Furby has met Malik I'm sure he obtained a DNA sample. How he'll get Bamz is too creepy to imagine though I hope it will end in jail time.

Also on Rage Furby's & Roger Stone's Birther crusade is to have DNA tests done to 'prove' Bill isn't Chelsea's daddy. They think Web Hubbell is her father. I'm very ashamed to admit I see more of a resemblance to WH than either HC or BC but I couldn't care less if it were true. Bill is her daddy regardless.

I would hope if Rage Furby & Stone were somehow able to pull off testing it would backfire on them in an apocalyptic way. It worries me because nothing about this election is considered out of bounds or immoral - except the standards imposed upon the Clintons.[/hidden]

rpenner

Post by rpenner »

In regards to the OP — why presume that the mass American Electorate is a rational actor when so many of the individual Americans are not?

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Wow, I'd like to learn more about this 'birther' thing. Where would I go to find out more? :confused:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote:Wow, I'd like to learn more about this 'birther' thing. Where would I go to find out more? :confused:
:-D I guess they gave you some pretty powerful drugs with the knee surgery! :-D

vic

Post by vic »

Foggy wrote:Wow, I'd like to learn more about this 'birther' thing. Where would I go to find out more? :confused:
I've heard that the person who runs this site is their queen: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/

YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

You can learn more at the only place to get good factual information, Fox News.

----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
mighty dawg

Post by mighty dawg »

I think we should demand to see Trump's long form birth certificate along with his long form tax returns. I speculate that the reason he won't release his tax returns is because they would reveal he's not even human.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Foggy, you bring up a great point, maybe think about this while you're getting better... We need a link to explain Fogbow, when I send tweets or links to threads they are so long and involved they're hard to jump in on. Where would you recommend people start when they want to learn about what we do here?

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Orlylicious wrote:
Foggy, you bring up a great point, maybe think about this while you're getting better... We need a link to explain Fogbow, when I send tweets or links to threads they are so long and involved they're hard to jump in on. Where would you recommend people start when they want to learn about what we do here?
I think you would want to learn at the feet of the greats:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

:lol: I mean on TFB, like an introduction topic. But if you're going there... ;)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I'm not sure Ronald McDonald Rotunda is a birther. He's merely Larry Klayman's go to ethics expert. There's enough shame in that.

bob

Post by bob »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:I'm not sure Ronald McDonald Rotunda is a birther.
Rotunda has expressly refuted the two-citizen-parent fantasy.
Sekrit Stuffs!
But he's said nothing about Obama's birthplace!

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

OK but he's got the stink of Taitz on him :blackeye: And she's just so fractually wrong, it's hilarious. :lol:
Answer from Orly:

Yesterday an article appeared in Chicago Tribune. It was authored by a famous Constitutional law professor Ronald Rotunda, who previously signed up as my friend on on my new Facebook page (after Facebook blocked me from my own old page), he also sent an e-mail, that he voted for me as a Republican candidate for CA Secretary of State and he recommended several elections attorneys to help me in my legal action against my opponent Damon Dunn who committed elections fraud during Republican primary.

After this information became public, Professor Rotunda was attacked and besieged by Obama operatives, demanding that he write to me and ask me to remove information about him from my blog. Clearly,Professor Rotunda’s support is a blow to Obama. It looks bad for Obama, that a famous constitutional law scholar is supporting me. Until now Obama brown shirts in the media called me crazy for doubting Obama’s legitimacy for U.S. Presidency
2. An article by prof. Rotunda does not deal with the Natural Born Clause and Vattel theory. This article only deals with the “U.S. citizen” it does not deal with “natural born citizen” clause, which is not mentioned in the 14th amendment. It is mentioned only in Article 2 section 1 of the Constitution.
So, my message to Obama and his operatives: “stop harassing professor Ronald Rotunda, stop harassing me, stop harassing my supporters. Obama, it is time for you to show the Nation your CT social security application and explain, how living in HI, you ended up with Ct social security application, unseal and present to the Nation your LONG FORM birth certificate with the name of the doctor and the name of hospital. If you have nothing to show, go home.” My message to the Federal Courts and the Supreme court: “It is time to hear the issue of the meaning and interpretation of the 14th amendment and the Natural Born Citizen clause”
Follow up on Prof Ronald Rotunda story
Posted on | September 17,2010 | 6 Comments
:evil: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/follow-up-o ... nda-story/ :evil:

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

I think World Net Daily had a couple articles on the subject. Mostly written by a Jerry Corgi or something like that.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Oh, there used to be a very informative site, something like HCSFJM.com. Run by a farmer in Texas.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Remember all the "Where's the Birth Certificate" billboards?

Wouldn't it be great if there were hundreds of "Where's Trump's Tax Returns?" billboards?

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
Jim

Post by Jim »

MN-Skeptic wrote:Remember all the "Where's the Birth Certificate" billboards?

Wouldn't it be great if there were hundreds of "Where's Trump's Tax Returns?" billboards?
Isn't that what the internet and photoshop are for? :confused:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

This is pretty amazing... a 2009 birther story featured a Michigan congressman navigating birthers:
Having seen his colleague Castle come under attack, Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich.) is taking no chances. So far, Hoekstra hasn’t faced any such questions.

“When you’re in a state with 15.2 percent unemployment,” he said, “most people have other things on their mind than this.”

But as if to illustrate the touchiness of the subject, Hoekstra quickly added: “Not that this isn’t important.” :smoking:
Unemployment in Michigan now? 5.2% Down 10 points under President Obama.

Orly Taitz and Birthers anniversary of this story from July 27, 2009, almost thought to leave the date off because they haven't progressed! If we get the BR password we can pass this off as current.
GOP headache: The birther issue
Some on right still dispute Obama's eligibility to be president
By Daniel Libit and Lisa Lerer Published at 8:30 AM EDT on Jul 27, 2009
Such a response might satisfy many, or even most, but Taitz says that until Obama is removed from office, America’s other problems cannot be addressed. The fact that a few members of Congress have taken up her cause, with 10 Republicans signing onto Floria Republican Rep. Bill Posey’s legislation to amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, has only encouraged her to buckle down in the fight.

As Taitz sees it, Campbell, who represents her congressional district in Southern California, was moved to co-sponsor the “Birthers’ bill” for fear of people like her. Campbell spokesperson Muffy Lewis flatly denied that being the case, saying the issue of Obama’s birth certificate is a low priority in the congressman’s district. Plus, Campbell has stressed that the bill would apply only to future candidates — and is really just about avoiding these kinds of controversies in the future.
But Taitz said that lawmakers everywhere should be prepared to “resign or be removed” if they “do not have the guts to stand for the Constitution and this country.” Asked whether Republican lawmakers should be “afraid” of the birthers, Taitz said: “I wouldn’t say the word ‘afraid.’I think they should be willing to resign or be removed. That is what they should do. ... Resign if you do not have the guts to stand for the Constitution of this country.”

Taitz has made nine trips around the country to rally support for her cause. In March, she traveled to Washington to personally hand out packets of documents to senators in the Hart Senate Office Building. Additionally, she says she has sent documents by certified mail to each of the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, arguing that Obama is “totally illegitimate to be president.”
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/politics/G ... issue.html

Poor Muffy. Included for reference if you're new to the Birthers :lol:

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

vic wrote:
I've heard that the person who runs this site is their queen: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/
Hmmph!!! I'm queen of the world, albeit retired. Oh, you mean birther queen, that's somewhat beneath the succotash queen of Great Falls, MT.

rpenner

Post by rpenner »

Freddy Mercury singing for Birther Queen:
I've made my claims
Time after time
I've gone on the air
But been treated like slime
And bad mistakes
I've made no few
I've been tossed out of every single court
And sanctions ensue

We are the victims, my friends
And we'll keep on filing 'til the end
We are the victims
We are the victims
No time for fact checks
'Cause we are the victims of the world

I've taken to halls
and shoddy dark stalls
But never was racist, to the asians and blacks and jews, dammit
I blame you all

But it's been many years now
Standing in queues
I label you all traitors to deny seeing my case
Or follow my clues

We are the victims, my friends
And we'll keep on filing 'til the end
We are the victims
We are the victims
No time for fact checks
'Cause we are the victims of the world

Treblig

Post by Treblig »

:lol: :thumbs:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

rpenner wins teh Intartoobz! :happyfamily:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

Why has Donald Trump sealed his long form birth certificate, his tax returns and his hair club for men membership info?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Adrianinflorida wrote:Why has Donald Trump sealed hislong form birth certificate, his tax returns and his hair club for men membership info?
So the world doesn't learn that his real father was a diseased ferret.

I've heard this bull before.

Return to “Birther Cast & Crew”