Van Irion and Liberty Legal Foundation

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

I guess he wasn't bringing in enough with the whole charge people money to become named plaintiffs in his class-action suit thing.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

bob

Post by bob »

After Van Irion washes out in this "specialty field", then what?[/break1]nbcnews.com/id/26318872/ns/us_news-education/t/judges-back-schools-confederate-flag-ban/#.UZ7o6coey68]Defending the confederate flag.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Piffle

Post by Piffle »

After Van Irion washes out in this "specialty field", then what?[/break1]nbcnews.com/id/26318872/ns/us_news-education/t/judges-back-schools-confederate-flag-ban/#.UZ7o6coey68]Defending the confederate flag.Ooooh! Good one.Van Irion, a Knoxville attorney who represented the students, called the ruling "appalling" and said he planned to appeal it to the Supreme Court."It's very clear this panel doesn't like the Confederate flag," Irion said. "That was their starting point in coming to the decision they did. [highlight]The subject matter of the ban is not supposed to be relevant at all in a First Amendment analysis[/highlight]."Them's fighting words, Van. Forget, Hell!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Irion has already lost the Flag cases. I'm thinking he might angle to get appointed to represent the dog in dog bite cases.

mimi

Post by mimi »

He has more clients than I posted. I didn't realize that film companies just hire any old creep to do this kinda stuff. This sorta stuff reminds me of that article somebody posted about people having to pay somebody to take their mugshot off the internet.It's just so low.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

He has more clients than I posted. I didn't realize that film companies just hire any old creep to do this kinda stuff.If you want someone to do creepy, illegal shit, you pretty much have to hire a creep.Lawyers with reputations to defend don't do this shit.

realist

Post by realist »

If being a lying birther, birther attorney and grifter doesn't work, run for elected office, as in a judge. Because Gary Kreep.

Van Irion seeks 10th Criminal Court Judge position

In Uncategorized on December 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Van Irion seeks 10th Criminal Court Judge position

Van Irion has announced his intent to run for the 10th Criminal Court Judge position.

This is most [highlight]welcome news to the many hopeful in the area that have waited for this announcement with much anticipation[/highlight] and have a great fondness for Van Irion, pronounced “ear ee on.”

I am most pleased to announce that Van Irion is running for[highlight]Criminal Court Judge in the 10th which spans four counties, Bradley, Polk, McMinn and Monroe[/highlight].

[...]

I have shared the National stage with him marching from DC, to Atlanta and to Lubbock Texas as a Lead Plaintiff in a class action lawsuit aimed to stop the dreaded rollout of nationalized healthcare.

[...]

I have shared the National stage with him marching from DC, to Atlanta and to Lubbock Texas [highlight]as a Lead Plaintiff in a class action lawsuit[/highlight] :^o aimed to stop the dreaded rollout of nationalized healthcare.A word from Van Irion:

Thank you for taking the time to consider my candidacy for the position of Criminal Court Judge for Tennessee’s 10th District.

[highlight]I am deeply committed to the rule of law.[/highlight] :^o :^o :^o As an experienced attorney I have always maintained a commitment to fairness for all participants. As Criminal Court Judge I will uphold the Tennessee and United States Constitutions fairly and impartially, treating all participants in the court process with dignity and respect.

With your support, I hope to serve all of you as Criminal Court Judge for the Tenth Judicial District of Tennessee.[/break1]wordpress.com/2013/12/27/van-irion-seeks-10th-criminal-court-judge-position/]http://bradleycountynews.wordpress.com/ ... -position/

His only support in the comments appears to be from.... wait for it... the one and only.... JAGHUNTER!! :lol:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Hey, doesn't he have some sanctions to pay or somethin'?
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

realist

Post by realist »

Hey, doesn't he have some sanctions to pay or somethin'?He was certainly sanctioned. I can't remember if they were upheld or not. :-k
ImageX 4 ImageX36

bob

Post by bob »

He was certainly sanctioned. I can't remember if they were upheld or not. :-kAppeal still pending, IIRC.

realist

Post by realist »

He musta changed his mind about secession after stating he signed the petition for TN to secede. :P
ImageX 4 ImageX36

realist

Post by realist »

Liberty Legal Foundation v. National Democratic PartyIn October 2011, the Liberty Legal Foundation filed suit in Arizona, seeking to enjoin the Democratic National Committee from certifying Obama as its nominee for the 2012 U.S. presidential election on the ground that he did not have two citizen parents and thus, it contended, was not a natural-born citizen. The Foundation's complaint cited the U.S. Supreme Court's 1875 decision in Minor v. Happersett as supporting its claim that natural-born citizens were defined by the Supreme Court as "all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens".[168][169] This lawsuit was dismissed July 11, 2012, for "lack of jurisdiction." [highlight]A defense motion for sanctions against attorney Van R. Irion was denied[/highlight].[170][highlight]An almost-identical lawsuit with the same parties was filed in Tennessee, and dismissed for lack of standing on June 21, 2012.[/highlight][171] On August 24, the district court [highlight]sanctioned the plaintiff's attorney, Irion, for filing a lawsuit that he "knew or reasonably should have known that the claims in this case had no basis in law"[/highlight].[/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_presidential_eligibility_litigation]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Oba ... litigationI've not looked in quite a while. It's probably still pending. Hopefully will be upheld. IIRC the sanction was $10,500.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

With a name like Van Irion how could he not get elected? I mean, the name factor worked for Kreep.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

bob

Post by bob »

LLF: [/break1]org/new-directions-van-irion-is-running-for-judge/]New Directions, Van Irion is Running for Judge:Unfortunately, it has become undeniable that the Federal Court system no longer cares about the Constitution. This will not change until we get Judges in the system that do care about upholding the Constitution.[...]At about that same time the Federal Court for Western Tennessee handed down an order sanctioning Liberty Legal Foundation’s lead attorney, Van Irion, for simply filing a lawsuit requesting clarification of the legal term “natural born citizen” under existing Supreme Court precedent. Up until this point in his career Van had a pristine ethics record. Yet the Federal Court in Tennessee refused to grant Van a hearing, refused to consider the facts in the case, ignored Federal precedent, and went well beyond existing ethics rules by issuing an order sanctioning Van. Liberty Legal Foundation has appealed the $10k+ sanctions order. [highlight]That appeal is still ongoing[/highlight].[...]This past year, Attorney Van Irion has been defending Lieutenant Commander Walter Fitzpatrick on criminal charges of stealing court documents. LCDR Fitzpatrick did indeed take the documents because he believed a Judge was hand picking juries in violation of state law. He brought his information to the FBI and they asked for evidence. LCDR Fitzpatrick explains that he later observed said Judge making notations on jury questionnaires, sorting the documents, picking specific jurors and then declaring that subset to be the jury. These documents were left in a public space with other public documents and LCDR Fitzpatrick seized the opportunity to preserve evidence. He forwarded the documents to a reporter who then forwarded them to the FBI. Suffice to say, LCDR Fitzpatrick was promptly arrested and charged. Attorney Irion intended to argue at trial that LCDR Fitzpatrick was acting to prevent a greater harm (necessity defense) but the Judge would not allow Attorney Irion to present Fitzpatrick’s only defense. LCDR Fitzpatrick was found guilty. On appeal last month, Attorney Irion was finally able to get all the facts presented and at least one judge on the panel expressed shock that LCDR Fitzpatrick had witnessed a Judge hand-picking juries. The Post & Email have posted the audios of the hearing HERE and HERE [links not carried over]. The really good part starts just before minute 7 on Part 2. As of today, we are still waiting for the court’s ruling. The judge Fitzpatrick accuses of violating state law in this case is running unopposed for re-election as a Democrat. Attorney Irion is a resident of the District where all of these events took place. I believe God brought us here for such a time as this. [highlight]This is one reason why Attorney Irion is running for the 10th District Criminal Court Judge for Tennessee[/highlight].Irion's campaign's [/break1]vanforjudge.org/]site.

realist

Post by realist »

On appeal last month, Attorney Irion was finally able to get all the facts presented and at least one judge on the panel expressed shock that LCDR Fitzpatrick had witnessed a Judge hand-picking juries. The Post & Email have posted the audios of the hearing HERE and HERE [links not carried over]. The really good part starts just before minute 7 on Part 2. As of today, we are still waiting for the court’s ruling.I suspect the "shock", if there was any, was more directed at Van Irion's having the balls to suggest that's what was going on... or sumpin' along those lines... not "exactly" as Van Irion protrays is... or Rondeau or whomever.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Gnarly Goat

Post by Gnarly Goat »

The judge Fitzpatrick accuses of violating state law in this case is running unopposed for re-election as a Democrat. Attorney Irion is a resident of the District where all of these events took place. [highlight]I believe God brought us here for such a time as this[/highlight].This is one reason why Attorney Irion is running for the 10th District Criminal Court Judge for Tennessee.Uh,no. A random encounter between a sperm and an egg brought you here and if one of the other 5,000,000 sperm had been fractionally faster we would have one less Neo-Confederate here for such aa time as this.
"Don't waste time mourning. Organize." - Joe Hill

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant »

Is he under the impression that the 10th district of Tennessee state criminal court is the same as the federal district court? It sounds like he's arguing that there's some sort of connection. Like, they both say "district" in them so they've got to be connected.Also, he says that all he did was "Ask the court to clarify the term natural born citizen". Ignoring the fact that he did more than that, courts in the US don't operate that way and he knows it. They require a real case or controversy, they don't offer random advice on legal terms. If that's really all he did he wouldn't have even gotten as far as he did.

bob

Post by bob »

Is he under the impression that the 10th district of Tennessee state criminal court is the same as the federal district court? It sounds like he's arguing that there's some sort of connection. Like, they both say "district" in them so they've got to be connected.Irion understands the difference; I think he's playing to his (perceived) base: Federal government bad; Irion good; therefore, vote for Irion!

In case it isn't clear, the incumbent is the judge who Fitzpatrick accused of hand-selecting grand jurors. Which led to Fitzpatrick stealing the documents, etc.

Is this a partisan election? Would be ... Kreep-y if Irion made it to the general ballot.

mimi

Post by mimi »

realist posted a photo van irion took of one of his billboards. His twitter feed is full of 'em. LOL[/break1]com/VanIrion/with_replies]https://twitter.com/VanIrion/with_repliesBut there's also a video of him:Published on Feb 19, [highlight]2014[/highlight]Tea Party of Southeast Tennessee, Vet the Candidates 2014Van Irion, Candidate for Criminal Court Judge in the 10th Judicial District of Bradley, McMinn, Polk, and Monroe counties.He gives a little biography (at about 4:55). blah, blah. But when he gets to why he wants to be a judge, it's pure gibberish (around 6:45). I mean Palinesque gibberish. Then he talks about Walt Fitzpatrick (around 7:45). And he doesn't make any sense there either.Then he sez the reason he wants to be a judge is cuz he wants to go back to the originial intent of the Constitution. And some cases, like Walt's, may end up in front of him. (around 9:00) But, even those that don't get in front on him, judges give great weight to the opinions of other judges. He can influence cases that aren't in front of him.He basically sez he'll be an activist judge (around 13:44). And that if he's overturned higher up, so be it. (around 14:50)Apparently this is for the seat currently held by Walt Fitzpatrick's nemesis, Amy Reedy.

realist

Post by realist »

I forgot about this thread and posted in the Potpourrie thread. :oops: Cross-posting here...Van Irion selfie...[/break1]photobucket.com/user/nmgolfer_bucket/media/Post%20and%20Email/Bh-0FzeCEAAiymx_zpsc7e4aa9c.jpg.html]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn31 ... e4aa9c.jpg
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Piffle

Post by Piffle »

Van Irion must have been dropped on his head as a child. It's the only explanation I can think of.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Indeed, he promises not to follow the law but to apply the law as he sees it (with his "unique perspective"):So why do I want to be a criminal judge now? After I lost the congressional race to Chuck Fleischman I founded Liberty Legal Foundation, started filing lawsuits on behalf of Liberty Legal Foundation and Americans in all 50 states, uh over 30,000 members that Foundation, uh those lawsuits were not treated well in Federal court. They were based on fighting Obamacare, they were uh, well they addressed several uh constitutional issues and the courts we essentially found out don’t want to get the constitution back to what it was before. The whole idea was presentin’ them with cases that if they want to they can correct historically flawed cases that will allow the courts to start interpreting the constitution the way it was originally intended to be interpreted. They didn’t want to hear that. So I started thinkin’, what am I going to do with the rest of my life.And [long pause] at one point uhhh, have any of you heard of Commander Walter Fitzpatrick? [No response.] Commander Walter Fitzpatrick as some of you may know that I have been representing him pro bono for the past year and a half now. [Mini biography of FitzFundFilcher.] Since he retired from the Navy he got involved in politics and that led him to investigating the Monroe County uhm, well, the judge that I am running against. He ended up getting charged criminally, I’m not going to bore you with all the details of the case. The point is he called me, actually some friends of his, he would never call me, he’s too humble. His friends, some friends of his called me and told me his case was coming up at his second criminal trial was coming up would you please take it on. I’ve take I took on that case uhm, it’s still in the court system. We lost the case because the only defense we have was denied us. Uh, it’s been appealed. [Long pause.] That led me to realizing that the last thing I think that’s left to us is trying to fix the local governments, and what I can do with my law degree as a constitutionalist is get into the court system as a judge. Y’all understand how I feel about the second amendment. Y’all understand how I feel about the first amendment. Those issues occasionally come before criminal courts. Even when they don’t criminal court judges have influence on other judges. Other judges take into consideration the opinions of people who are sitting on the bench more than they do people who aren’t. Umm, if I’m elected as judge, if someone is charged with a law that I believe is void, that law – I’m going to be swearing an oath to uphold the constitution. You all understand what that means to me. That means that in these 4 counties there will be 2 criminal court judges. If I catch a case that’s based on an unconstitutional law, that case is not, it’s gonna get dismissed from my court. Now I have to be careful. Y’all have to understand, I will not prejudge facts of the case till I see it. I’m not gonna put myself in the position where uh someone’s gonna be able to say “oh you’ve prejudged a the case,” that’s not what I’m telling you. What I’m telling you is I have a unique perspective on what the constitution means. I think it’s the correct perspective. You all know what that is. And when I get cases that are based on laws that are uncon, clearly unconstitutional, that will be the first issue that is addressed. Now, there’s nothing I can do to change the courts above me other than writing really good opinions about why I believe these laws, uh particular laws are unconstitutional and give it up to them and hope that they listen to me.

realist

Post by realist »

Van Irion's webpage...[link]Van Irion For Criminal Court Judge,https://www.vanforjudge.org/[/link]Van lives in Madisonville, TN with his wife Dawn and their two daughters. They enjoy raising cattle, chickens, ducks, and turkeys on their farm in Monroe County.[/break1]photobucket.com/user/nmgolfer_bucket/media/Post%20and%20Email/family-sephia_zpsd5ee40ee.jpg.html]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn31 ... ee40ee.jpg :shock:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

kate520

Post by kate520 »

It's way too late for do-overs, Mr. Aryan. If you wanted to influence the courts with your singularly correct interpretations, you should have lived 200 years ago. :-*
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Return to “Birther Cast & Crew”