Trump Has Given Up On Birtherism -- Or Has He? #Birther

RoadScholar

Re: Trump Has Given Up On Birtherism -- Or Has He? Hardball 9/8-9/17/16

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Holy Mike, he really does think like a third-grader. "I know you are, but what am I?" Seriously? :roll:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:52 am

Yep, still a birther

WATCH: Trump Tells His Minions Obama ISN’T President (V
Well, following with that same frame of thought, Trump, while just at a rally in Maine, decided to talk, once again, about President Obama. This time using air quotes around the word “president.”

This not only undermines the fact that he said he’s no longer a birther because he so very clearly is, but he’s also very clearly catering to his willfully ignorant and very racist base of voters.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:55 pm

NBC: Trump Son: Dad 'Started the Conversation' About Obama:
Donald Trump accused Hillary Clinton of starting the birther controversy but Trump's own son praised his dad for "starting the conversation" about where Barack Obama was born.

Eric Trump's comments came during a series of previously unpublished interviews from 2014, in which he and his older brother, Donald Jr., compared him to Winston Churchill, bragged that he was paid $2 million to have dinner with the mother of a construction contractor, and insisted there were "hundreds" of billionaires who would "take a bullet" for the Republican presidential candidate.

In the interviews, conducted by author Michael D'Antonio for his book "The Truth About Trump" and provided to NBC News, the Trump sons struggled to defend their father's penchant for hyperbole and his "investigation" of Obama's birthplace. Donald Jr. suggested that he wasn't allowed to talk about Obama's origins because of political correctness: "I'm the white privileged son of a rich guy."

Birthers & Media Bias

Asked to explain his father's championing of claims that Obama was foreign-born, and thus ineligible for the presidency, Donald Jr. contended that his birther probe was more of a metaphor for media bias than an actual effort to prove Obama was an illegitimate office-holder.
"Whatever he wants to do, he's earned the right to say it, and frankly, right wrong or indifferent, whether people agree or not, I'm glad that someone actually has the proverbial fortitude — to use a word less vulgar than I'd like to go with it — to actually say, 'I don't care if it's popular,'" Trump Jr. told D'Antonio. "This is what I think."

"When you really break it down," continued Trump Jr., "what he's saying is, 'Hey, this is a guy that's been carried by the media. There are a lot of unanswered questions that anyone else would have to answer and we expect that they answer, and he hasn't for X, Y Z politically correct reason, and I don't believe that.'"

"I think what he's really getting at is, 'Hey, there's a broader picture here in that this guy's been given a, he's playing by a different set of rules or standards than anyone else historically, than anyone who's going to compete against him for the 2012 race.'"

Younger brother Eric credited his father with "starting a conversation" about Obama's birthplace that would not have taken place without him.

"There's always, I think, a moral to the story," he told D'Antonio. "I think with the birthers it's, 'Okay, well, then, just prove it.' Meaning these people are going out saying that which a lot of people were at the time. 'Then just show us. Just be transparent. You're the leader of the free world, be transparent.' There are underlying themes to this, and in fact, he has done his best to start the conversation that was unwilling to be had before. Now that conversation might flush itself out in one of several different ways. But at least the conversation is being had."
H/t: Doc C.

Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:22 am

Whenever I see the two older Trump boys, I think of Darryl....and his other brother Darryl.

ImageImageImage x4

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:25 am

Slim Cognito wrote:Whenever I see the two older Trump boys, I think of Darryl....and his other brother Darryl.
LOL!

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:31 am

"When you really break it down," continued Trump Jr., "what he's saying is, 'Hey, this is a guy that's been carried by the media. There are a lot of unanswered questions that anyone else would have to answer and we expect that they answer, and he hasn't for X, Y Z politically correct reason, and I don't believe that.'"

"I think what he's really getting at is, 'Hey, there's a broader picture here in that this guy's been given a, he's playing by a different set of rules or standards than anyone else historically, than anyone who's going to compete against him for the 2012 race.'"
Damn! Is he talking about Obama in 2012 or his dad now?
► Show Spoiler

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:37 am

Slim Cognito wrote:Whenever I see the two older Trump boys, I think of Darryl....and his other evil brother Darryl.
FIFY

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Birther Moyers.PNG
In this web exclusive, Bill Moyers and four historians dissect the big lie Trump rode to power: the Birther lie. Nell Painter, historian and Edwards Professor of American History, Emerita, at Princeton University; Khalil Gibran Muhammad, professor of history, race and public policy at Harvard Kennedy School; Christopher Lebron, assistant professor of African-American studies and philosophy at Yale University; and Philip Klinkner, James S. Sherman Professor of Government, Hamilton College discuss the fertile ground on which the birther lie was sown: our nation’s history of white supremacy.

Credits: Gail Ablow, Producer; Sikay Tang, Editor

http://billmoyers.com/story/lest-we-forget/

https://vimeo.com/200426901
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bob

Re: Trump Has Given Up On Birtherism -- Or Has He? #Birther

Post by bob » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Teen Vogue(!): Melania Trump Supported Her Husband's Racist Birtherism Claims on TV:
People need to stop talking about "freeing Melania."

An old clip resurfaced on the internet over the weekend of Melania Trump supporting her husband Donald Trump's claims that former president Barack Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

On April 20, 2011, Melania appeared on the Joy Behar Show and backed up her husband's allegations that Obama wasn't born in the state of Hawaii like live birth records suggest.

"It’s not only Donald who wants to see [Obama's birth certificate], it’s American people who voted for him and who didn’t vote for him. They want to see that," she argued. Behar then made the point that the birth certificate had already been on display and all over the internet. "We feel it’s different than birth certificate," Melania responded.

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Kriselda Gray wrote:
Trump Jr wrote:"I think what he's [Trump Sr] really getting at is, 'Hey, there's a broader picture here in that this guy's [Obama] been given a, he's playing by a different set of rules or standards than anyone else historically, than anyone who's going to compete against him for the 2012 race.'"
Yes, because a birth certificate was demanded from every previous presidential candidate. :roll:

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue May 30, 2017 6:58 pm

:rotflmao: Orly should be outraged!
Trump ‘Knows Republicans Are Stupid,’ Jared Kushner Allegedly Said to Former Editor
By Greg Price On 5/30/17 at 5:11 PM

One of the strategies Donald Trump employed as he began putting his name on the U.S. political map years ago was championing “birtherism,” the long-held conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama was born outside of the U.S. and hence should never have been elected. He often chastised Obama and demanded the president produce his birth certificate, revving up an anti-Obama base that eventually helped put Trump in the White House.

Evidently, Trump may have been using the so-called birthers only as a means to an end.

His son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who is also a senior adviser to the president, allegedly told a former editor of the newspaper he once owned that the billionaire real-estate mogul didn’t believe his own “birtherism” claims, and only made them to charge up Republicans because they are “stupid,” GQ reported.

During a discussion on how to cover Trump, the former New York Observer editor, Elizabeth Spiers, claimed she told Kushner that she had serious problems with Trump’s repeated claims that Obama was not born in the U.S., to which Kushner allegedly told her: "He doesn't really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they'll buy it."

Spiers told her Kushner anecdote in response to a question from a conservative blogger on Facebook, and then screenshotted the response and put it up on Twitter.
http://www.newsweek.com/kushner-trump-r ... pid-617850

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue May 30, 2017 8:09 pm

I sent this article to my Congress critters as a friendly heads up.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:31 pm

:rotflmao: In the Daily Show library:
Birther Tweet.JPG
Birther Tweet 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:34 pm

That is AWESOME

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 am

Whatever4 wrote:That is AWESOME
:thumbs: :rotflmao:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:17 am

He’s bacccckkk! Where’s Justin when you need him?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/us/p ... -news&_r=0
Trump’s falsehoods about the “Access Hollywood” tape are part of his lifelong habit of attempting to create and sell his own version of reality. Advisers say he continues to privately harbor a handful of conspiracy theories that have no grounding in fact.

In recent months, they say, Mr. Trump has used closed-door conversations to question the authenticity of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate. He has also repeatedly claimed that he lost the popular vote last year because of widespread voter fraud, according to advisers and lawmakers.

One senator who listened as the president revived his doubts about Mr. Obama’s birth certificate chuckled on Tuesday as he recalled the conversation. The president, he said, has had a hard time letting go of his claim that Mr. Obama was not born in the United States. The senator asked not to be named to discuss private conversations.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 am

Ol' Wifehorn brought this up. "Your forum will be thrilled!"

"Umm ... no. There are only about 15 of us Obots left. We're the anti-SovCit forum now. There aren't enough birthers out there any more to make them feel interesting."

'Course, if the networks need an expert ... :roll:

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 am

A handful of conspiracy theories? I think someone misspelled "dump-truck full".

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 pm

Well, one of the few active birthers remaining is Donald so he counts for a lot more than one sadly. No doubt part of the pardon for Arpaio was over this racist birther trash. So the president is a continuing birther. Obots should remain vigiliant. CNN and MSNBC have been talking birther all night. If you're on Twitter and see a reporter's birther story, invite them to visit here to learn the history and hilarity of these people. They may not be posting, but many, many Miki Booths out there are ready to "re-activate" birthing if given the slightest opportunity. That's why I'd like to thank Foggy and everyone here for having the best resource anywhere for the history of birthers. Foggy should definitely get booked to debunk these insane Donald-Birther lies.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 pm
They may not be posting, but many, many Miki Booths out there are ready to "re-activate" birthing if given the slightest opportunity.
The Three Remaining Birthers in Rondeau's comments section long for someone -- anyone -- to take them seriously.

Ironically, Rondeau's so bizzy slamming Moore's accusers that she hasn't published an article about the president's continued interest in birthering.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Not directly about the president, but: Denver Post: Republican appointed to Colorado legislature questions if Obama was born in U.S., has made critical posts about blacks, Muslims:
Judy Reyher was appointed Monday to fill the vacated seat of Clarice Navarro

A southeast Colorado Republican appointed this week to a vacant seat in the state legislature questions if former President Barack Obama was born in the U.S. and has criticized African Americans and Muslims on her Facebook page, actions that have garnered pushback from top state party officials.

Speaking to The Denver Post, Judy Reyher, of Swink, also said that “the black community and the Democrats are the most racist group of people that exist,” and that black people “hate white people with a passion.”

Reyher says her Facebook comments have been taken out of context by Democrats and that liberals are out to get her and label her as a racist so that they can win her seat.

“I’m not going to be painted into what they consider their corner,” she told The Post. “Nothing that I have posted has been against Muslims. It’s been against the terrorists. Nothing that I have posted is anywhere near racist. That has become the game word of the Democrat community, to slay anybody that gets in their way. I am in a seat that they are targeting.”

She also questioned whether Obama was born in the U.S., a debunked assertion that has been called racist.

“It’s never been proven that he was born in the United States,” she said. “Six months later they conjure up a birth certificate, and we’re all supposed to fall for it. It would take me five minutes to come up with mine.”

Reyher says nothing she has said about Obama has had anything to do with race — “I hated the black half of Obama as much as I hated the white half” — and that she doesn’t have blanket beliefs about any group of people.
And: Denver Post: Republican appointed to Colorado legislature apologizes for Facebook posts that criticized blacks, Muslims:
Comments from Judy Reyher have drawn criticism from state party officials

A southeast Colorado Republican appointed to the state legislature this week has apologized for Facebook posts that were critical of African Americans and Muslims and which drew concerns from top state party officials.

“I would like to apologize for the comments or posts on Facebook that have been found offensive and racist,” Judy Reyher said in a statement emailed to The Denver Post. “However, the fact of the matter is, I am not a racist. This country was founded by immigrants, and I embrace all Americans, no matter their walk of life. Diversity is what makes America, America.”

“These claims of racism by the Denver Post are absolutely deplorable, and I will not be distracted by them,” the statement reads. “My attention is instead focused on ensuring that the children of my district and the children of this great state receive a quality education; that the people of House District 47 have meaningful and long-lasting employment, and to continue the fight for our farmers and ranchers, who are the very heart and soul of this state.”

In an interview with the newspaper, Reyher also questioned whether former President Barack Obama was born in the U.S. (an idea that has been debunked), and said that “the black community and the Democrats are the most racist group of people that exist,” and that black people “hate white people with a passion.”
And a 2016 HuffPo article about Reyher's racist posts.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Anyone who thought 45 gave up birthering, was delusional. It's been obvious for sometime that he simply can't give up a conspiracy theory over something as silly as "facts" and "reality"

bob

Post by bob » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Salon: The birther blemish: Republicans still think Barack Obama was born in Kenya:
Republicans have an opinion about the 44th president, and it’s not a pretty one

The fact that Donald Trump built his political reputation on the lie that Barack Obama was born in Kenya should have been a tip-off to this, but here we are.

Just over half of Republicans still believe Obama was born in Kenya, according to a YouGov poll. The right-wing conspiracy theory from hell has been debunked time and time again, but the belief among 51 percent of self-identified Republicans remains that Obama is not a U.S. citizen.

YouGov polled Republicans and asked them if the following statement is true: “Barack Obama was born in Kenya.” Their options were “definitely true,” “probably not true,” “probably true,” and “definitely not true.” Sixteen percent believed this statement to be unequivocally true; 35 percent thought it was “probably true.”

In an August 2016 poll, 72 percent of Republicans said they doubted that Obama was born in Hawaii. Meaning, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Apparently, Trump regrets saying that Obama was born in the US.

He believes that he might have won the popular vote if he had stuck to his claim that Obama was born in Kenya.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Donald has the same "exploit stupid people for power and money" MO as Joe Arpaio. Total con men. Daily Caller:
Trump Allegedly Asked O’Keefe To Get Obama’s Sealed Columbia Records
AMBER ATHEY 4:06 PM 01/11/2018

Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe claims in his new book that Donald Trump asked him in 2013 to get his hands on President Obama’s sealed Columbia records. In the introduction of his book “American Pravda: My Fight for Truth in the Era of Fake News,” O’Keefe recalls meeting Trump back in 2013. O’Keefe said that he didn’t get the idea that Trump was a “birther,” but Trump did seem to believe that Obama might have misled people about being a foreign national.

“He was confident Obama was born in the United States, but he suspected Obama had presented himself as a foreign student on application materials to ease his way into New York’s Columbia University, maybe even Harvard too, and perhaps picked up a few scholarships along the way,” O’Keefe explains. “Trump had reason to believe Obama was capable of this kind of mischief.”

In the hopes of figuring out if Obama was participating in any misconduct, Trump allegedly asked O’Keefe to uncover Obama’s sealed records from Columbia University. “Nobody else can get this information,” Trump reportedly told O’Keefe. “Do you think you could get inside Columbia?”

“As I explained, that was not exactly our line of work. We were journalists, not private eyes,” O’Keefe writes about the request. “At the end of our discussion, Trump shook my hand, encouraged me to keep up the good work, and half-whispered, ‘Do Columbia.'”
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/11/trump ... a-records/

Return to “Debunking the Lies”