EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE Change Password thread please. (that's a link)
If we really have compromised passwords, I need to know so I can take action.
As always, you can dismiss this message by clicking the little X (hover your mouse over the far right).

Trump Has Given Up On Birtherism -- Or Has He? #Birther

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Trump Has Given Up On Birtherism -- Or Has He? #Birther

Post by Orlylicious »

Birtherism exploded tonight on Hardball. Chris Matthews put Rudy Giuliani in a box over Donald Trump's Birtherism. Rudy says Trump's no longer a Birther. We'll see.

Chris Matthews Verified account ‏@HardballChris 44m 44 minutes ago
Giuliani on Hardball says .@realDonaldTrump has given up on birtherism. "Donald Trump believes now that he was born in the United States."

https://twitter.com/search?q=hardball%2 ... r&src=typd

Josh Schwerin @JoshSchwerin
National spokesman for @HillaryClinton for America. Former @DCCC, @TerryMcAuliffe, Rep. Scott Murphy and @SenGillibrand.

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
TexasFilly

Re: Giuliani Says Trump Has Given Up On Birtherism -- Hardball 9/8/16

Post by TexasFilly »

After last night's piss poor performance by Tweety, he was relentless with Rudy. Deservedly so. Note that Guiliani wouldn't say he was speaking for Trump. Also, too, Guiliani was forced to admit that he has no actual evidence that Hillz has any health problems. He's just asking questions.

The next segment featured terrorism expert Malcolm Nance, who stated very plainly that Birtherism = Racism.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

Isn't anyone on Team Trump curious about what happened to those investigators Trump sent to Hawaii, found "amazing" things, then just fell off the face of the earth?

Hey media, how about you? Why are there no Congressional hearings on this? Don't these people's lives matter?

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Skip Intro wrote:Isn't anyone on Team Trump curious about what happened to those investigators Trump sent to Hawaii, found "amazing" things, then just fell off the face of the earth?

Hey media, how about you? Why are there no Congressional hearings on this? Don't these people's lives matter?
I was hoping that Tweety would ask Rudy about those investigators. Oh, well, you can't have everything I guess. Rudy is just as much of a sicko as Trump. I think that whole carrying on with his mistress at Gracie Mansion while his (second) wife was still living there was not an aberration, just a look at what a scumbag Rudy has always been.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Being seen as a bigot? No problem for Trump.
An obscenely sexist horn-dog? Sure!
A serial dead-beat? Shameless liar? No problem.
Thick? Insecure? Clueless? That too.

But apparently being a Birther was just too embarrasing for even the Donald to bear. 8-)

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
chancery

Post by chancery »

It would ordinarily be considered a possibly fatal gaffe for a candidate to claim, two months before the election, that he was reversing an opinion he had repeatedly and clearly expressed.

The fact that the press will be inclined to credit this nonsense as a real change of heart -- or a reasonable "clarification" -- fills me with anger and dismay.

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Wow! Now the media will Shirley pepper Trump with questions about Rudy's comment until he finally relents and fesses up.

Oh wait.

ImageImageImage x4
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Chris Matthews agrees with you Slim ;)
Chris Matthews Verified account @HardballChris

I think the big story is who clears this up. Does the mayor retract what he said tonight or does Trump retract what he's said for years?

11:56 PM - 8 Sep 2016

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Here we go, POLITICO:
Giuliani: ‘Trump believes now that Obama was born in the U.S.’
By Cristiano Lima 09/08/16 09:07 PM EDT

Donald Trump is ready to accept that President Barack Obama was born in the United States, his campaign surrogate Rudy Giuliani said on Thursday.

On MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Matthews, the former New York mayor was pressed to weigh in on whether Trump believes that Obama is in fact a native-born American.

“I confirm that and Donald Trump now confirms that,” Giuliani said. “Donald Trump believes now that he was born in the United States.”

Giuliani went on to say that Trump had stated this position as far back as five years ago -- a claim POLITICO was unable to substantiate.
Much more at http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/d ... ani-227924

He's on Twitter if you have info or ideas... https://twitter.com/ludacristiano Mentioned TFB links and that there's a topic here.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Chris Matthews interview was grotesquely incompetent and pretty much irrelevant. Yet he spent most of the show on it. And when Giuliani claimed Hillary Clinton started it all Matthews could say was "no she didn't." (By the way, why should anyone care about anything Giuliani excretes?)

Matthews has become a parody of himself. Which was already a parody of a commentator.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Well, I think we can help get the word out and correct the record... Most every reporter and TV person is active on Twitter now so when #Birther comes up it's easy to send a message. I still wish for a welcome page explaining how to make the most of The Fogbow and including Loren's post but hoping links to the Active Topics and his post will give them a good idea.

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

Yet another Trump Flip-Flop

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And Trump will "shock" everyone in a couple of days by referencing birtherism again. He has to keep flopping his flips to keep the media interested.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Adrianinflorida

Suranis wrote:And Trump will "shock" everyone in a couple of days by referencing birtherism again. He has to keep flopping his flips to keep the media interested.
It's called "changing his words". Kelly Anne learned that in RWNJ Campaign School

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Half of Hardball was about Birthers again tonight, wow! Katy Tur talked about how so many Trump supporters are hardcore birthers and worse. Joy Reid knows a lot about it and just tweeted a survey of R voters at http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... s-a-muslim. Chris Matthews had vile Jack Kingston on and he tried to lie and slide out of it, he knew damns well but I haven't found a direct connection on the board here yet. Tweeted a lot about Fogbow including links to Arpaio and Active Topics.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

You are doing well. Very, very well. :thumbs: :dance: :towel:

Twelve years!
Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Thanks Foggy! There's so much great information here and the A Team reporters are on it, David Korn just posted, Joy Reid and Katy Tur have been on it... Feel free to retweet any of my messages, including forum and topic links. Thank you Bob, used the Gallups wrapup message just now.
Hardball Verified account
Matthews: Give me evidence Clinton started birther movement
9:01 PM - 9 Sep 2016

.@HardballChris presses for "evidence" after Jack Kingston claims Clinton campaign started birther movement in 2008

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Orlylicious wrote:Half of Hardball was about Birthers again tonight, wow! Katy Tur talked about how so many Trump supporters are hardcore birthers and worse. Joy Reid knows a lot about it

:snippity:
I thought this was a rather stunning segment. Katy Tur has been Ms. "I just report the news" for months, neutral no matter what horrors she has put up with, but tonight she was going to tell the world that Trump supporters are racists and birthers and no one was going to stop her. The anger in her voice was palpable. Joy Reid was right there too, putting the racism of Trump on display in no uncertain terms--one of the few times I've ever heard anyone keep Matthews from cutting them off. The Trump Spoxdude was cut to shreds by both, and then again when Matthews thanked him for coming and said that he'd had a tough job tonight.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I did like Katy Tur a lot tonight. She needs her own show after this election is over.

Adrianinflorida

Sterngard Friegen wrote:I did like Katy Tur a lot tonight. She needs her own show after this election is over.
She probably feels like she needs a shower after covering that assholes campaign

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Here's the segment!

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I'm guessing Kingston never produced the "memo" he swears he saw. Yet another lying asshole.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

TexasFilly wrote:I'm guessing Kingston never produced the "memo" he swears he saw. Yet another lying asshole.
Americans who have little contact with or insight about international politics tend to think of Dems as "left" and Pugs as "right". But by international standards the Dems are somewhere in the center-left to center-right zone - probably BHO center-left and HTC center-right.

Why is that important? Because, in my view, RW and LW extremists both work under the guiding principle that if the facts don't fit their preconceptions and prejudices then the facts are at fault and must be ignored. Centrist parties are more reality-based and their aim is to improve the world as they find it (for some value of the word "improve"). Of course, politicians color what they say to further their aims, and any person might "mis-speak" in order to get out of an unpleasant hole, but that's not the issue.

And we see that in the interview as Kingston clearly regards lying as an absolutely correct action in supporting other liars, and when faced with facts he simply rejects them.

I agree that Katy Tur was excellent but so was Joy-Ann Reid. The suppressed anger in both of them at perpetually having to deal with this racist filth from ageing white male liars burned through their professional demeanor. The country - the world indeed - can only benefit if intelligent caring women gain more influence at the expense of self-deluding men with a sense of entitlement.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

President Obama humiliated that rat-bastard Trump right back with character and the sharpest of knives over his birther BS several times over his administration and the rat-bastard just cannot bring himself to come out and say he was wrong, full of shit, a rat-bastard in his birther gutter attacks. I hope the press continues to make him choke on it. :madguy:

Full Tweety program:
http://www.msnbc.com/hardball#!#full-episodes

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.
Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

For those who don't know and those who may have forgotten, one of our great folks (with lots of help from others of our great boogle) have put a lot of work into collecting info on the whole birther bag of lies and bigotry and you can research, link and point people to the dead-bang debunking from A-Z. This link goes to it all. Click the Birther Movement drop down at the top and start reading whatever interests you:

http://thefogbow.com/birther-movement/

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Return to “Debunking the Lies”