CNN & Factcheck.org: "Hillary Clinton was not a 'birther'" May 6 2016

Slim Cognito

Re: CNN & Factcheck.org: "Hillary Clinton was not a 'birther'" May 6 2016

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:56 am

Fortinbras wrote:I was keenly interested in the birfer movement from the beginning, when Obama felt it necessary to make public the short form birth certificate in early 2008. I am quite certain that Sen. Hillary Clinton was NOT a birfer. She certainly would not have yielded up her delegates in the 2008 Convention so graciously if she had positioned herself as a birfer.

But I remember Trump being a mouthy birfer almost from the first year of the Obama Administration, and then, even more insulting, demanding that Obama make public his college records --and offering as an inducement a hefty donation to the United Negro College Fund.
Which he never would have made.
ImageImageImage x4

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:11 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Fortinbras wrote:I was keenly interested in the birfer movement from the beginning, when Obama felt it necessary to make public the short form birth certificate in early 2008. I am quite certain that Sen. Hillary Clinton was NOT a birfer. She certainly would not have yielded up her delegates in the 2008 Convention so graciously if she had positioned herself as a birfer.

But I remember Trump being a mouthy birfer almost from the first year of the Obama Administration, and then, even more insulting, demanding that Obama make public his college records --and offering as an inducement a hefty donation to the United Negro College Fund.
His history suggests he'd insist they settle for $10.00 or take him to court.
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:26 am

Slim Cognito wrote:

But in Trump Land, merely saying 'I'll donate $x.xx to Y if you release Z" gets him attention, makes him look like he actually has millions of dollars in liquid assets, and gets him attention.

The modern 24 hour news cycle makes everything go away, at least for a while.

Did I mention that it gets him attention?

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:10 am

Adrianinflorida wrote: The modern 24 hour news cycle makes everything go away, at least for a while.

Did I mention that it gets him attention?
Except for untrue rumors and innuendo. For some reason these things have sticking power, even within the press it seems.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Debunking the Lies”