R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Epectitus

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Epectitus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:24 am

I obviously did not know her, but I am very saddened to find this thread here this morning.

"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

Princess foofypants

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Princess foofypants » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 am

So very sad.

June bug

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by June bug » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:22 am

I didn't hear the news till this morning and I'm so saddened by it. I'd met Director Fuddy a few times in the course of my job and found her to be a genuine and caring person. My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Piffle

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Piffle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:26 am

What a shame. R.I.P.

realist

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by realist » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 am

[/break1]com/p/h0Exjojirl/][highlight]jafer24[/highlight]9 hours agoPicture is not great, but you can see two smoke signals in water where an airplane crash was. 8 people where rescued by Coast Guard HH-65 helicopters, a Marine 60 helicopter and Hawaii Fire Department helicopter. We ran the case and logistics from overhead in a #c130 Molokai is the island in the pic

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Volkonski

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Volkonski » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:49 am

Very sad indeed.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

esseff44

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by esseff44 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Very sad news. Hawai'i has lost a remarkable public servant.

PatGund

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by PatGund » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 pm

*sigh*My sympathies to her family and friends at this time.

Mikedunford

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:27 pm

This is a tragic loss. My condolences to Ms. Fuddy's family. I'm guessing that there will be a designated charity of some sort when arrangements are announced. I suggest that when it is, we pass the hat and contribute as a group.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

jamese777

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by jamese777 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 pm

There are already two birther threads at freerepublic.com screaming murder conspiracy and celebrating her death while consigning her to hell.

bob

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by bob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 pm

This is a tragic loss. My condolences to Ms. Fuddy's family. I'm guessing that there will be a designated charity of some sort when arrangements are announced. I suggest that when it is, we pass the hat and contribute as a group.An excellent suggestion.

Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

bob

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by bob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:46 pm

USA Today: [/break1]usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/12/hawaii-obama-birth-certificate-fuddy/3996657/]Official who OK'd Obama birth papers dies in crash:

Hawaiian Health Director Loretta Fuddy was killed in a small plane crash off Hawaii.

The Hawaiian health official who verified the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate died in a small plane crash.

[...]

Fuddy, 65, made national news in April 2011 when she verified the authenticity of certified copies of President Obama's birth certificate. Obama had requested the release to curb claims by so-called "birthers" that he was born in Kenya and not eligible to be president.

bob

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by bob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:02 pm

NRO: [/break1]nationalreview.com/corner/366151/official-who-released-obamas-birth-certificate-dies-mysterious-plane-crash-charles-c-w]Official Who Released Obama’s Birth Certificate Dies in Mysterious Plane Crash:

Somewhere, Alex Jones is having an aneurysm. Per NBC News:

The health director who approved the release of President Obama’s birth certificate has died in a plane crash, Hawaiian officials said Thursday.

[...]

Fuddy hit the headlines two years ago when she approved a waiver request allowing Obama to access certified copies of his birth certificate, signed by the delivery doctor, Obama’s mother and the local registrar. His mother, then 18, signed her name (Stanley) Ann Dunham Obama.

So-called “birthers” opposed to Obama including real estate mogul Donald Trump had long questioned why Obama hadn’t ensured the long form was released.And now she’s died in mysterious circumstances, while everybody else on the plane survived.

Let the games begin!

bob

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by bob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

[/break1]com/NTSB/statuses/411020685608091648]Twitter:NTSB investigating Hawaii crash of Cessna 208 into ocean shortly after takeoff from Kalaupapa Airport.

DaveMuckey

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by DaveMuckey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:07 pm

We will remember her well. RIP.

Lani

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Lani » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:22 pm

There is a very good article in the Star Advertiser this morning, describing her lifetime of service. Unfortunately, the internet version is stuck behind a paywall. One proof of the effectiveness of her work is that Hawaii moved into first place as the healthiest state in 2013.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

raicha

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by raicha » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:31 pm

There is a very good article in the Star Advertiser this morning, describing her lifetime of service. Unfortunately, the internet version is stuck behind a paywall. One proof of the effectiveness of her work is that Hawaii moved into first place as the healthiest state in 2013.I don't know if you mean this one: [/break1]staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/235613051.html?id=235613051]http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =235613051Sekrit Stuffs!
When I want to see something behind a paywall, I open an "incognito" window in Chrome. Doesn't always work, but it works enough.

Lani

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Lani » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Mahalo, Raicha. That's a very nice article. The one I was referencing is "Fuddy's health career studded with awards". Could you please work your Chrome abilities to create a link for it? I'm on my work computer and am stuck with explorer.I've been reading the positive articles about her to cleanse my brain of the birfer crap.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

raicha

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by raicha » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Mahalo, Raicha. That's a very nice article. The one I was referencing is "Fuddy's health career studded with awards". Could you please work your Chrome abilities to create a link for it? I'm on my work computer and am stuck with explorer.I've been reading the positive articles about her to cleanse my brain of the birfer crap.Bummer. The magic wouldn't work on the Star-Advertiser. :cry:

Plutodog

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Plutodog » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 pm

R.I.P. Ms. Fuddy. :cry:

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

DeeLite

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by DeeLite » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 pm

And Deelite, thank you for posting this. I'd recently thought that we hadn't heard from you in a while. I find Birthers are getting boring myself so I figured that's why you aren't here more. FYI to our fellow Fogbowers, Deelite is a "local girl" & Deelite Bakery is a beloved place in Hawaii.Not a problem. I have just been busy, and yeah, birthers are getting boring (not much news coming out except for the whining a the extreme racists among them). I see more traction with 911 truthers these days (funny I know)I heard this news as a report on KFI640 on my way home last night. I didn't get the entire news, since they didn't mention who was on board, but it was hard to hear the newsperson try to pronounce Kalaupapa (he tripped over it twice).it was only after I got home and saw the article via Star Advertiser Facebook feed did I see that Fuddy was on board.so sad. She did so much good for the people of Hawaii, and birthers only ended up tarnishing her work.

DeeLite

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by DeeLite » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Fuddy grew up in Kaimuki on Oahu, and was a graduate of Sacred Hearts Academy. She held degrees in sociology, social work and public health from the University of Hawaii and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Public Health.[/break1]mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/579917/Health-director-reportedly-dies-in-plane-crash.html?nav=5161]http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.de ... l?nav=5161Oh !@#$, she graduated 2 years after my mom! She went to SHA as well! I have to see if she remembers her.

Sequoia32

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by Sequoia32 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:23 pm

OK. I wasn't going to post this because it is just too sad but after I found this on another thread, I thought I should.

ORYR BR: [/break1]birtherreport.com/2013/12/hawaii-department-of-health-director.html#IDComment766720876]comment:

cfkerchner":1vyhqlt0">Suspicious hypotheticals: What caused the plane to land/crash at sea. Was it a controlled "crash"? What seat was Fuddy sitting in? Who was sitting next to her? Who was sitting behind her? Was her seat belt mechanism tampered with so that in an arranged soft landing "crash" at sea she could not get out of her seat and drowned in the plane? Was the plane's engine tampered with? Does someone remember someone else on the flight suggesting Fuddy sit in a specific seat? A complete and thorough investigation needs to be done into the precise cause of her death and into why she could not get out of the plane while the pilot and others did make it out.Last moments recounted of official killed in crash

HONOLULU -- In the final moments of her life, Hawaii Health Director Loretta Fuddy clung to the hand of her deputy after a small plane taking them back to Honolulu crashed in the ocean off the island of Molokai.

Fuddy, who gained notoriety in 2011 for her role in making public the birth certificate of President Obama, was one of nine people onboard the flight that went down Wednesday. She was the only one who died.

In the water, Fuddy held hands with deputy director Keith Yamamoto as he tried to help her relax, said the Rev. Patrick Killilea, who consoled Yamamoto after the ordeal.

"He recounted how he said he helped Loretta into her life jacket and he held her hand for some time," the priest said. "They were all floating together and she let go and there was no response from her."

snip

After the crash, Fuddy's body was taken to a care home at Kalaupapa, where Killilea, the pastor of Kalaupapa's St. Francis Church, said he made the sign of the cross on her forehead as she lay on a gurney surrounded by nurses and the distraught Yamamoto.

[/break1]sacbee.com/2013/12/12/5994105/1-dead-in-small-plane-crash-off.html]http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/12/599410 ... h-off.html

Yeah, I was bad an did 5 paras. A mod can decide which to delete.

So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

DeeLite

R.I.P. Dr. Loretta Fuddy

Post by DeeLite » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:33 pm

OK. I wasn't going to post this because it is just too sad but after I found this on another thread, I thought I should.

ORYR BR: [/break1]birtherreport.com/2013/12/hawaii-department-of-health-director.html#IDComment766720876]comment:

cfkerchner":2wbh3o16">Suspicious hypotheticals: What caused the plane to land/crash at sea. Was it a controlled "crash"? What seat was Fuddy sitting in? Who was sitting next to her? Who was sitting behind her? Was her seat belt mechanism tampered with so that in an arranged soft landing "crash" at sea she could not get out of her seat and drowned in the plane? Was the plane's engine tampered with? Does someone remember someone else on the flight suggesting Fuddy sit in a specific seat? A complete and thorough investigation needs to be done into the precise cause of her death and into why she could not get out of the plane while the pilot and others did make it out.Last moments recounted of official killed in crash

HONOLULU -- In the final moments of her life, Hawaii Health Director Loretta Fuddy clung to the hand of her deputy after a small plane taking them back to Honolulu crashed in the ocean off the island of Molokai.

Fuddy, who gained notoriety in 2011 for her role in making public the birth certificate of President Obama, was one of nine people onboard the flight that went down Wednesday. She was the only one who died.

In the water, Fuddy held hands with deputy director Keith Yamamoto as he tried to help her relax, said the Rev. Patrick Killilea, who consoled Yamamoto after the ordeal.

"He recounted how he said he helped Loretta into her life jacket and he held her hand for some time," the priest said. "They were all floating together and she let go and there was no response from her."

snip

After the crash, Fuddy's body was taken to a care home at Kalaupapa, where Killilea, the pastor of Kalaupapa's St. Francis Church, said he made the sign of the cross on her forehead as she lay on a gurney surrounded by nurses and the distraught Yamamoto.

[/break1]sacbee.com/2013/12/12/5994105/1-dead-in-small-plane-crash-off.html]http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/12/599410 ... h-off.html

Yeah, I was bad an did 5 paras. A mod can decide which to delete.so it seems that she did "survive" the crash, but probably died from her injuries and may also have died for being in the water (or that it contributed).

now tell us how anyone could "plan" for this?

makes this only show how strong Fuddy was until the end. What a great woman and what a tragic loss to Hawaii, family and friends.

Return to “Debunking the Lies”