Kamala Harris "Birtherism 2.0" -- Here Birthers Go Again -- Donald Jr

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Kamala Harris "Birtherism 2.0" -- Here Birthers Go Again -- Donald Jr

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:36 am

Ali Alexander is part of the Cernovich troll pack, this is what makes that group so dangerous. His Twitter: https://twitter.com/ali He was in Fort Lauderdale during the recount and with Laura Loomer in MN. He's already trying to discredit calling it "Birtherism 2.0" when that's exactly what it is. He's a greasy little criminal pol. Here we go.

Ali 2.JPG
Ali 3.JPG
Ali 4.JPG
Chilling New Birtherism Slam Suddenly Surges Against Kamala Harris On Social Media
Racist tweets claim the senator doesn’t represent American blacks because her dad’s from Jamaica.
By Mary Papenfuss

A new iteration of Donald Trump’s racist and fallacious “birtherism” attack on former President Barack Obama is suddenly surging on social media, this time against Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.). The apparently bot-aided onslaught is claiming the senator doesn’t represent U.S. blacks because her father was born in Jamaica. Harris, an American of both Jamaican and Indian descent, was born in Oakland, California.

Donald Trump Jr. retweeted the original attack but later deleted it. Meanwhile, the president’s former campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson tried to discredit Harris another way, indicating she is not African enough to run as a minority presidential candidate. She tweeted that “while Obama is actually African-American — Harris is not,” even though people of African descent have lived in Jamaica for centuries. The slam appeared Thursday night shortly after the Democratic presidential debate, where Harris had powerfully raised her own experiences being bused as a child in California to battle school desegregation.

The attack appeared to be launched by a self-described “black activist” identifying himself as “Ali Alexander” on an unverified Twitter account. He claimed in a video and tweet that Harris cannot represent the black experience in America because she has “no ancestors who suffered American Slavery, the Civil War, nor Jim Crow.” Alexander is actually a far-right political operative and conspiracy theorist Ali Akbar, or Ali Abdul Razaq Akbar, whom Politico profiled last year as an “increasingly prominent pro-Trump supporter.” On the eve of the 2016 election, Robert Mercer donated $60,000 to a PAC that Alexander advises, Politico reported. https://observer.com/2018/10/robert-mer ... alexander/

Akbar, posing as Alexander, boasted that his tweets “went viral.” In fact, his message was nearly instantaneously picked up word for word and disseminated by several Twitter accounts that have been identified as bots, BuzzFeed reported. Social media researcher Caroline Orr pointed out that the original tweet also drew in other attacks falsely claiming Harris wasn’t born in the U.S.
A new kind of birtherism slam has suddenly emerged against Kamala Harris after her debate appearance on Thursday. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-h ... mg00000004 via @HuffPostPol
Donald Trump Jr. Shares, Then Deletes, a Tweet Questioning Kamala Harris’s Race
Donald Trump Jr. is a valuable Republican surrogate as his father heads into the 2020 race.
The New York Times By Katie Rogers and Maggie Haberman June 28, 2019

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump Jr., the president’s eldest son, shared another person’s tweet with his millions of followers during the Democratic debate on Thursday that falsely claimed Senator Kamala Harris was not black enough to be discussing the plight of black Americans. “Kamala Harris is implying she is descended from American Black Slaves,” Ali Alexander, a member of a right-wing constellation of media personalities, wrote on Twitter. “She’s not. She comes from Jamaican Slave Owners. That’s fine. She’s not an American Black. Period.”

Mr. Trump, a valuable Republican surrogate as his father faces a bruising 2020 race, posted the tweet of unverified information, then asked his more than three million followers: “Is this true? Wow.” By the end of the night, Mr. Trump had deleted his message, and by Friday, a spokesman said it had all been a misunderstanding. “Don’s tweet was simply him asking if it was true that Kamala Harris was half-Indian because it’s not something he had ever heard before,” said the spokesman, Andy Surabian, “and once he saw that folks were misconstruing the intent of his tweet, he quickly deleted it.”

But by then, the original message, questioning the background of a presidential candidate who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, had already spread far and wide. For people like Mr. Alexander — an alt-right fringe figure who has also gone by the name Ali Akbar — the entire point of commenting was to go viral and counteract any progress made by a Democrat like Ms. Harris. She caught Joseph R. Biden Jr., the presumed front-runner, off guard on Thursday night by questioning his track record on race.

Because his tweet was elevated by valuable surrogates like the president’s son, Mr. Alexander has become part of a loose network of accounts weaponized by the Trump campaign as part of its effort to discredit candidates. The facts are these: Ms. Harris, a first-term senator from California and a former prosecutor, is the biracial daughter of a Jamaican father and Indian mother. She has faced repeated questions about her race throughout her career, but has at times resisted being put into one category or another. In an interview with The Washington Post this year, Ms. Harris called herself “an American,” defying calls at various points for her to choose. “My point was: I am who I am,” Ms. Harris said at the time. “I’m good with it. You might need to figure it out, but I’m fine with it.”
Her impassioned embrace of her personal history was what Mr. Alexander and then Mr. Trump pounced on. By the end of the evening, even though Mr. Trump had deleted his tweet, a round of accounts began sharing the contents of Mr. Alexander’s tweet questioning Ms. Harris’s background.
The President’s son earlier this hour. pic.twitter.com/ejPI9urFw6
— Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__) June 28, 2019
This activity caught the attention of Caroline Orr, a Virginia-based researcher who studies disinformation and elections. Mr. Alexander is a real person, but Ms. Orr hinted that the activity may have been the work of Twitter bots meant to spread his misinformation.
What a weird coincidence that a group of accounts, starting with Ali, decided to tweet the exact same thing (verbatim) about Kamala Harris within minutes of each other tonight. #DemDebate2 pic.twitter.com/2lxFSJTd77
— Caroline Orr (@RVAwonk) June 28, 2019
“A lot of suspect accounts are pushing the ‘Kamala Harris is not Black’ narrative tonight,” Ms. Orr wrote on Twitter. “It’s everywhere and it has all the signs of being a coordinated/artificial operation.” On Friday, Mr. Alexander denied that his tweet had been part of an organized effort to spread that message at all, and he has characterized as racist inquiries into what he meant by his original tweet.

Lily Adams, an aide to Ms. Harris, on Friday criticized Mr. Trump’s tweet. “This is the same type of racist attack his father used to attack Barack Obama,” she said. “It didn’t work then and it won’t work now.” Mr. Trump, for his part, had moved on: He sent a fund-raising text message to followers of the Trump campaign.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/us/p ... arris.html

Ali hates having his mugshots shared.

Ali Mugshot.jpg

Haven't settled on a candidate but it doesn't matter, this is wrong. Of everyone on the internet, Fogbow members know how best to challenge these racist falsehoods. Looks like a Donald is doing it again, all hands on deck.

:brickwallsmall: :boxing: :stamp:

ETA: Thanks Stern! Sorry about the misspelling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Kamela Harris "Birtherism 2.0" -- Here Birthers Go Again -- Donald Jr

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:53 am

:wave: :boxing: :geezer:

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:26 am

:cheer1: :cheer: :prettyplease:

Might be time to bring RC Radio back (always miss it, sometimes listen to the archive :P ). IIRC, Kamala Harris was vocally anti-birfer, wasn't she? Still can't believe their followers are so stupid they'd start buying in to that garbage again.

Speaking of garbage, has Orleana weighed in on this mighty conflict in the past? Get some court action going Orly, you've known Roberts for 10 years :lol:
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:53 am

While not wishing to engage with the idiocy too much …

… how is a black Jamaican person not (probably) the descendant of slaves taken from Africa?

RWers, Trumpists, Trump family, eeyuukkk! All vile, untruthful, hate-filled and hate-fueled racists.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 am

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:53 am
While not wishing to engage with the idiocy too much …

… how is a black Jamaican person not (probably) the descendant of slaves taken from Africa?

RWers, Trumpists, Trump family, eeyuukkk! All vile, untruthful, hate-filled and hate-fueled racists.
Agreed, if she is Jamaican, she is almost certainly, like maybe 99.999% certainly a descendant from slaves. Idiots are, and always will be idiots, and if they are a Drumpf derivative it is genetic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:18 pm

Since birtherism is trending again, I took a spin in the Twitterverse. Observations:

1. Some are discounting/distinguishing what DJTJ did as "othering." They do not see (or choose to ignore) how birthering has a basis in othering, i.e., not really American.

2. Most folks have no idea that two-citizen-parents birthers are a thing. They define birtherism narrowly, i.e., not born in the United States.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Dan1100

Re: Kamala Harris "Birtherism 2.0" -- Here Birthers Go Again -- Donald Jr

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:38 pm

Here is one on twitter if anyone feels the need to give them a good debunking.

https://twitter.com/element115/status/1 ... 8756298752
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 pm

And this is how I remember Obama birtherism starting. I remember them claiming he wasn't black enough then he was too black then they jumped in with birtherism.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 pm
And this is how I remember Obama birtherism starting. I remember them claiming he wasn't black enough then he was too black then they jumped in with birtherism.
:yeah:

When the none-too-subtle racism of "questioning" Obama's "otherness" was called out, the "concern" switched to something more value neutral and defensible, like constitutionality eligibility.

(And the good doctor should jump on Twitter; plenty o' birthers coming out from under their rocks.)

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Absolutely Dr. Ken... that's why I hope we can use our experience to snuff this out early. We have guests this weekend but I'll definitely start amplifying this next week. Somehow on Twitter 600+ follow me, never asked anyone to. No doubt we've learned a lot about how this evil stuff spreads, probably Fogbow is the most knowledgeable group about this subject. Expect the call from Mr. Soros shortly, Kbots. :P

WaPo:
2020 Democrats defend Kamala Harris after Donald Trump Jr. tweet about her race
By Colby Itkowitz June 29 at 7:36 PM

Sen. Kamala Harris, one of only two black candidates in a field of two dozen, had a history-making moment on the debate stage Thursday night when she challenged former vice president Joe Biden over racial issues.

But as the reaction to her debate performance poured in, so did the racist attacks on social media, where some accused the California Democrat of not being black enough, and others suggested she was not really American.

On Twitter, some commenters suggested Harris was unfairly portraying herself as African American, since she is the daughter of a Jamaican father and an Indian mother.

By Saturday, Harris’s campaign spokeswoman had retweeted nearly a dozen comments and articles defending her boss, and Harris’s 2020 Democratic challengers forcefully condemned the attacks on social media.

“This stuff is really vile and everyone should speak out against it,” Lily Adams, Harris’s spokeswoman, wrote on Twitter.

“The attacks against @KamalaHarris are racist and ugly,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) tweeted shortly after. “We all have an obligation to speak out and say so. And it’s within the power and obligation of tech companies to stop these vile lies dead in their tracks.”

“@KamalaHarris doesn’t have s--- to prove,” tweeted Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 8cf53b7122

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:55 pm
Absolutely Dr. Ken... that's why I hope we can use our experience to snuff this out early.
Yabbut, how do we do it?

But I don't think this is as hard as what Obama faced. They can't weave in a scary 'muslim' theme. They can't use her name as with 'Barack HUSSEIN'. They can't deny she was born in California -- mainland USA vs. exotic 'Hawaii'.

I think this will be a fringe thing that will not suck up much oxygen in the mainstream media this go around. It's not going to get airplay -- no Orly on cable news.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm

From a Twitter thread about Harris:

...that didn't take long.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:13 pm

neonzx wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm
But I don't think this is as hard as what Obama faced. They can't weave in a scary 'muslim' theme. They can't use her name as with 'Barack HUSSEIN'. They can't deny she was born in California -- mainland USA vs. exotic 'Hawaii'.
But, unlike Obama, they can scream, "ANCHOR BABY!!!" (excuse me, "birthright citizenship").

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:28 pm

bob wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm
From a Twitter thread about Harris:

...that didn't take long.
I would have answered that one but after kicking his ass in the first few tweets he blocked me like a coward. Ask for the signage chances are he's referring to the oman photoshop job.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:29 pm

bob wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 pm
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 pm
:yeah:

When the none-too-subtle racism of "questioning" Obama's "otherness" was called out, the "concern" switched to something more value neutral and defensible, like constitutionality eligibility.

(And the good doctor should jump on Twitter; plenty o' birthers coming out from under their rocks.)
The good Doctor already did and Element blocked after I pointed out his court cases didn't talk about natural born citizenship and in real life the two citizen parents nonsense hasn't applied to multiple candidates, VPs and presidents.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:55 pm
Absolutely Dr. Ken... that's why I hope we can use our experience to snuff this out early. We have guests this weekend but I'll definitely start amplifying this next week. Somehow on Twitter 600+ follow me, never asked anyone to. No doubt we've learned a lot about how this evil stuff spreads, probably Fogbow is the most knowledgeable group about this subject. Expect the call from Mr. Soros shortly, Kbots. :P

WaPo:
2020 Democrats defend Kamala Harris after Donald Trump Jr. tweet about her race
By Colby Itkowitz June 29 at 7:36 PM

Sen. Kamala Harris, one of only two black candidates in a field of two dozen, had a history-making moment on the debate stage Thursday night when she challenged former vice president Joe Biden over racial issues.

But as the reaction to her debate performance poured in, so did the racist attacks on social media, where some accused the California Democrat of not being black enough, and others suggested she was not really American.

On Twitter, some commenters suggested Harris was unfairly portraying herself as African American, since she is the daughter of a Jamaican father and an Indian mother.

By Saturday, Harris’s campaign spokeswoman had retweeted nearly a dozen comments and articles defending her boss, and Harris’s 2020 Democratic challengers forcefully condemned the attacks on social media.

“This stuff is really vile and everyone should speak out against it,” Lily Adams, Harris’s spokeswoman, wrote on Twitter.

“The attacks against @KamalaHarris are racist and ugly,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) tweeted shortly after. “We all have an obligation to speak out and say so. And it’s within the power and obligation of tech companies to stop these vile lies dead in their tracks.”

“@KamalaHarris doesn’t have s--- to prove,” tweeted Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 8cf53b7122
I would definitely be game if RC wanted to start RC radio back up. I would have to design a new intro and get my apps back.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 am

I know a website that debunks birtherism. :fiesta:
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 am

Black nationalists have some spicy views on Kamala:

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:06 am

Foggy wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 am
Linky link, please?

:bag:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:11 am

neonzx wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:06 am
Foggy wrote:
Linky link, please?

https://m.dailykos.com/news/Politijab

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:18 am

I think the party may be more ready and able to take this head on early. I'm just not quite so sure if the people this crap is pushed to will be any smarter this time around.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:11 am
neonzx wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Linky link, please?

WOW! that's a piece of internet history I have never seen :swoon:

realist

Post by realist » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:11 am
neonzx wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Linky link, please?

:thumbs:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:41 pm

"Arthur Schwartz" is a nasty little troll. They are insidious, they rev up idiots like Miki Booth who will spin anything to support their racist views.

Criminal Ali chimes in (he's posting a lot of stuff, I try not to look and he blocked my Orlylicious account (along with Cernovich):

Ali Birther.JPG

This was the discussion with Don Lemon... sure there's a difference but it has absolutely nothing to do with eligibility. They live for this, it's the same group that said Hillary was dying, Comet Pizza had kids in the basement, etc. How do we solve this? Only way I can see is offense.
Atlanta Black Star
‘It’s Hypocrisy’: CNN’s Don Lemon and April Ryan Have Heated Debate Over Sen. Kamala Harris’ ‘Blackness’
By Tanasia Kenney - February 13, 2019

CNN host Don Lemon shouted down reporter April Ryan this week during a heated prime-time debate over whether Sen. Kamala Harris can consider herself “African-American.” During a Monday edition of “CNN Tonight,“ the panel discussed Harris’ reaction to critics who’ve questioned her blackness since she entered the race for president last month. The California Democrat, who was born to an Indian mother and a Jamaican father, has likened the attacks to those against Barack Obama during his run for president, and accused critics of trying to sow “hate and division.”

Ryan, a veteran White House reporter agreed, saying she didn’t want to get into such stereotypes. “Number one, what does ‘Black enough’ mean?” she began. “[Harris] is a Black woman. She is a mixed-race woman. When you see her, you see her Blackness. But she is also South Asian … and her dad is Jamaican. She is a Black woman.”

Cutting in, Lemon contended the issue was never about Harris being “Black enough,” but was more so about whether she shares the experience of American descendants of slaves, also known as “ADOS.” “No, no, no, no. I don’t think you hear what people are saying,” he told Ryan. “To want the distinction to say is she African-American, or is she Black or is she … whatever — there is nothing wrong with that. There is a difference between being African-American and being Black.”

Lemon argued that all Harris had to say is that she is Black, not African-American. Ryan countered the assertion by pointing to Harris’ lineage, arguing that many enslaved Africans landed in Jamaica “and all these other Caribbean islands.” “So she could indeed be African-American mixed with others, but she is a Black woman,” she said.

“Jamaica is not America,” Lemon said, interrupting her again. “Jamaica did not come out of Jim Crow. I’m just saying.” “She was born here in America!” Ryan shot back. “So, let’s talk about [Sen.] Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz was born in Canada and his father —” “This isn’t about Ted Cruz,” Lemon butted in once more, accusing his guest of changing the subject. “It’s hypocrisy! I’m not changing the subject!” a flustered Ryan shouted. “I don’t know what you want from me.” The two continued yelling over one another before another panelist chimed in.

Lemon eventually drove home his point, making sure to emphasize the difference between the historical experiences African-Americans and Black people who have immigrated to the United States. “You’re missing the point,” he told Ryan. “People are asking [Harris] if you are African-American, if you are someone who came out of Jim Crow, out of American slavery. Are you [a] descendant out of that? That’s all I’m saying.”
https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/02/13 ... blackness/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:00 pm

The way I see it, Jamaica IS in North America and Jamaicans are descended from Africans brought over on slave ships. Am I wrong? I mean, sheesh! None of these people watched Amistad?

(yes, I know the Amistad came from Cuba, but I'm pretty sure the stories are similar. Bring the slave ships to harbor in Havana, fudge the paperwork, create a new Captain's log, and off to the US to sell more African-born slaves.)
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Debunking the Lies”