Laity: Last Birther (with no) Standing [was 2016 N.Y. challenges]

Reality Check

Re: Laity: Last Birther (with no) Standing [was 2016 N.Y. challenges]

Post by Reality Check »

I think self immolation would be a good next step for Laity but that’s only my opinion. ;)
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Thanks for including the timestamps Bob! That last pearl of Laity's was at Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 4:38 AM... so he was stewing for 90 minutes on the P&E site before he posted his never-give-up message.

"I have been on all three major networks" -- maybe he meant he's watched all three major networks? :lol:

"... the corruption is DEEPLY ENTRENCHED!" -- That's ultimately the only thing he can say... GOP, government, judges, UN, everybody is in on it... and only Laity and Birthers know the truth!
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Laity wrote:Repeating actions that haven’t worked in the past is an exercise in futility. But, that said, I am NOT giving up.
:thumbs:
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

A rare afternoon posting by Laity. Aha! It was Nancy, she stopped Dick Cheney from asking the question! But what happened during the second counting of electoral college votes? Back to the drawing board, Dr. Laity.
Robert Laity Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 4:25 PM

Yes! Obama cheated. As did John McCain. As did Nancy Pelosi, et al. They were all in on it.
As for why no objections were voiced at the counting of the electoral college votes, if you recall, at the precise moment VP Cheney was to ask the required question “Are there any objections?”, Nancy Pelosi started clapping. She created a diversion. Cheney never asked the question. Later, several electors DID come forward and said that they had objections. By then it was too late. That is cheating. That is fraud. The evidence is there that the Ukrainians did try to help Hilary Clinton get elected. The Ukrainians later apologized for doing so. It is all a matter of record. Biden is the one who bragged about having the Ukrainian prosecutor fired or else they would not get a Billion dollars in aid that was appropriated to them by Congress. The same prosecutor that was investigating the Ukrainian Company Burisma. Hunter Biden, son of Joe Biden, was on the board of that company while Joe Biden was V-POTUS. That is influence peddling. President Trump has the DUTY to enforce the laws and constitution of the United States. What would people have him do. IGNORE a public confession by the former VP that he extorted a bribe from a foreign official for personal gain? That is what Biden did. Indeed, the Treaty between the United States and Ukraine for Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters”,signed by Former President Clinton in 1998, makes what President Trump asked, even more appropriate and legal. There are no grounds to remove President Trump from office. There is no “Abuse of power”. The President was performing his legal duty. Furthermore, asserting one’s lawful privilege, in this case “Executive Privilege” is not “obstruction of Congress” or any other kind of “Obstruction”. The constitution grants the President such a privilege. Asserting that privilege is not a crime and is not “Obstruction”. There are (3) branches of Government, (4) if you count “We the People”. :lol: The system has been designed so that there will always be push and shove relationship with the other branches. That is what is called checks and balances. Executive Privilege is one of those checks and balances. :?: The House of Representatives did not WANT to go to the courts and have their dispute adjudicated, as they should have. That is on them. President Trump is well within his authority to prohibit his advisors from testifying. As for what a “Natural Born Citizen” is, that has been legally established by multiple U.S. Supreme Court Precedents. The definition of an NBC is “One born in the United States to parents who are Citizens themselves”*. The definition is law., supported by legal precedents established by SCOTUS. There are no exceptions. That IS the law of the land. Based on that unanimously arrived at definition (See: Minor v Happersett, USSCt. (1874), et al), several former and current candidates are NOT eligible to BE President of the United States. They are Chester Arthur, Barack Obama. John McCain, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Arnold Swarzenegger, Kamala Harris and Tulsi Gabbard. There may be more, if these frauds continue to be permitted to defraud the American people.

* I am really, really looking forward to birthers and Rharon getting behind this concept when Little Don Trump wants to run since Ivana was not a US citizen. They won't change their deeply held belief, will they?

Back to the 4am posts:
Robert Laity
Monday, January 27, 2020 at 3:54 AM
Glen, Furthermore I can think of ONE person “Crying in the wilderness” who had a profound effect on the world. That was St. John the Baptist. Do not underestimate what one person can do if he/she tries.

Robert Laity
Monday, January 27, 2020 at 3:50 AM
Glen Day, A book exposing Barack Obama has already been published. My book. It has been in print for two years now. I do not considered being labeled a “Birther” as tainting my reputation. If Ms. West was interviewed in 2012, why hasn’t she WRITTEN that book yet? My book, “Imposters in the Oval Office” has more then enough evidence and supportive information in it to prove that Obama never was bona-fide as President. The book is available worldwide. It is short and simple. People choose their sides. I made the effort to write MY book. What took Ms. West so long to even start exposing Obama? As for MY reputation, I served as a New York State public officer for several years as a New York State Notary Public. I challenge anyone to prove that my reputation is suspect. There is a difference between action and thinking about taking action. Has West written an Obama expose? I have. Furthermore, you would most assuredly be shocked to learn that the Post and Email is read worldwide. I know this because I forward P&E articles to editors around the world.
Laity is now St. John the Baptist, impressive!

Not Laity but this is hilarious... this is what most Independents are, not really independent. Thomas Arnold is independent, but voted for IMPOTUS and wrote this book. Just struck me as very funny.
Thomas W Arnold
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM
All of this, and Trump last said, regarding the subject of Obama’s birth, he was “born in the United States period!”
This was one of the biggest mistakes, if not THE biggest, Donald Trump ever made. And, I don’t think I am being overly dramatic about this.
By the way, I am an Independent-registered voter and author of “The Sick Treasonous Truth Surrounding Barack Hussein Obama” subtitled “As Witnessed & Experienced by an Ordinary American Citizen,” and I voted for Trump in 2016 and very likely will do so again in 2020.
God Bless You All and the United States of America. I hope we are not too late to save our Constitutional Democratic Republic.
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

This one was too classic not to share... Laity's Facebook posts really compliment each other! :lol:

Laitys Mind.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Exclusive: DC Disciplinary Counsel Declines to Investigate Whistleblower Attorney Calling for “Coup” Against Trump:
“A COMPLAINT MIGHT BE MOTIVATED BY POLITICAL OPPOSITION”

In November 2019, New York State citizen and “associate member” of the American Bar Association (ABA) Robert Laity filed respective complaints with the ABA in Chicago and the Office of Disciplinary Counsel (ODC) in Washington, DC alleging “misconduct” on the part of Atty. Mark Zaid, one of three attorneys representing the Intelligence Community “whistleblower” whose August 12 complaint set off the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

An initial response from the ODC dated December 30, 2019 informed Laity that “a review” of his complaint would take place over the next 45 days and that he would receive a follow-up communication “after our preliminary inquiry.”

Laity shared with The Post & Email a letter dated February 6, 2020 from the [ . . . ] Staff Attorney at the ODC stating, in part, that “Many members of the D.C. Bar are involved in electoral politics and governmental affairs. From time to time, this Office receives complaints about these public figures. We are sensitive to the possibility that a complaint might be motivated by political opposition to the policies that such public figures advocate or carry out and that our investigation might interfere in the political or governmental process.”

The letter concluded by stating that the Office would not be opening “a full investigation” into Zaid’s conduct based on Laity’s complaint.

On Wednesday morning, Laity responded to [to D.C. ODC:]
Laity wrote:While I agree that ‘Many members of the D.C. Bar are involved in electoral politics and Governmental affairs’ I would proffer that a very miniscule number of them are involved in or have publicly advocated that a ‘Coup’ against a sitting President ‘has started’ and is in progress. You inferred in your letter that my complaint may be one ‘motivated by political opposition to the policies that such figures advocate.’ It goes without saying that any reasonable person who claims to be ethical would be opposed to such activity by a member of the Bar. Indeed, advocating a ‘Coup’ against the Government is Sedition and advocating the overthrow of the lawful government.
Laity's FOADing is newsworthy!

And it hi-larious that Laity took the effort and expense to write back after being clearly FOADed.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:48 am

On Wednesday morning, Laity responded to [to D.C. ODC:]
Laity wrote:While I agree that ‘Many members of the D.C. Bar are involved in electoral politics and Governmental affairs’ I would proffer that a very miniscule number of them are involved in or have publicly advocated that a ‘Coup’ against a sitting President ‘has started’ and is in progress. You inferred in your letter that my complaint may be one ‘motivated by political opposition to the policies that such figures advocate.’ It goes without saying that any reasonable person who claims to be ethical would be opposed to such activity by a member of the Bar. Indeed, advocating a ‘Coup’ against the Government is Sedition and advocating the overthrow of the lawful government.
Laity's FOADing is newsworthy!

And it hi-larious that Laity took the effort and expense to write back after being clearly FOADed.
[/quote]

He also committed one of my pet peeves: he misused the word "inferred", when he meant "implied".

As a lawyer, he presumably has some education beyond high school; a Bachelor's degree and law school. He should know the difference.

bob

Post by bob »

Laity's not a lawyer; he bought a fake degree online. (And literally anybody can join the ABA.)

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Laity is likely unaware that even if D.C. were to open a case, nothing would come if it for a very long time.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Looks like the P&E brain trust is having a great Valentines Day with their loved ones, they rushed to post before their big romantic evenings because they have vital, breaking news and information. Although Bob68 has a GOALPOST ALERT ... now it's the second term? :lol:

10 Responses to "Exclusive: DC Disciplinary Counsel Declines to Investigate Whistleblower Attorney Calling for “Coup” Against Trump"

Bob68 Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:23 PM

Thank you Robert Laity. The reason why Obama is protected and why no one in Congress would go after him is Obama’s race-protection and even more significantly their complicity in assisting and allowing Barack Hussein Obama to be sworn-in back in 2009…a violation of their sworn-oath to protect the Constitution. The moment the ineligible, identity fraud con-artist Barack Hussein Obama was allowed to be sworn-in was the beginning of a cover-up which had to last forever. Hillary Clinton was the planned and promised in 2008 after Obama cover and when she failed and Donald Trump the”birther” was elected panic, which had began when it looked as if Trump might be elected….went into overdrive resulting in the multiple coup attempts we have been watching with more on the way. The only way to stop this is to fully reveal and act on The Obama Fraud, a crime which effectively gave America’s government and her military to the enemy.

Will this happen in President Trump’s second term…or will it never happen?

JONATHAN DAVID MOOERS Friday, February 14, 2020 at 9:03 AM

http://bradmeltzer.com/Nonfiction/The-First-Conspiracy

In this fascinating book, I learned many things previously covered over by layers of dust:

1. John Jay, who introduced “natural born Citizen” into the US Constitution, was one of the first “counter intelligence” persons in US history.

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for- ... art-1.html

John Jay was so wary of foreigners and Loyalists and spies sneaking in to take-over our new government that he pushed for “natural born Citizen” in 1787, and again in 1788, as a strong check against presidential INFILTRAITORS.

John Jay, from what I have read thus far about him, would never allow narrative unidentified stealth-islamists Soetoro-Obama II and Mouth-Off Omar and Trashida Tlaib into Congress, or into The White House.

New Yorkers John Jay and birther Donald Trump and paralegal Robert C. Laity all have contributed to America’s awareness of the dangers of an UNCHECKED “natural born Citizen” residing inside the White House.

2. Most readers probably learned about the hanging of Nathan Hale in grade school:
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/hale.htm

But did you know that when Washington learned that one of his own hand-picked bodyguards, Thomas Hickey, was plotting with the British to dispose of Washington, that young soldier was hanged in New York City in front of some 20,000 soldiers and residents?

https://www.history.com/news/george-was ... ation-plot

I never knew of this factoid because if I did, I might have joked about it with my best friends while growing up in Maine, being, the Hickey boys and their fine family.

So, here is the takeaway today: Founding Fathers, John Jay and Washington et al, were so wary of being hung themselves via treachery (by turn-coats Benedict Arnold, Dr. Church, Thomas Hickey et al), and were so wary of foreigners slipping into the highest office of the newly created, and struggling, US government, that they agreed that the presidency “…shall not be given to, nor devolved on, any but a natural born Citizen.”

And think of this: if there were “never doubts” 1787- TODAY about any president who is born in USA to US-citizen-parents at time of birth, WHY WOULD ANY SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE PROMOTE AND COVER-UP ANY “natural born Citizen WITH DOUBTS” PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE WHO IS KNOWN TO HAVE LESS PRESIDENTIAL ELIGIBILITY THAN HERSELF (being, Nancy Pelosi)?
ANSWER: selfish Party politics over-rules 221 years (1787- 2008) of cautious nbC Policy!

Robert Laity Friday, February 14, 2020 at 6:46 AM (was Laity up all night, or has he changed his schedule around???)
Patricat, Precisely. Obama usurped the Presidency, by fraudulent means, during a time at which the United States was engaged in war. His unauthorized presence in any place wherein the conduct of war was being engaged in constituted espionage. His mendacious false oath of office knowing that he was not eligible to be President constituted treason against the United States in that Obama gave aid and comfort to our enemies during that time of war. Pelosi and McCain were complicit, as were others. They are all, each and every one of them misprisioners of treason,espionage and felony. They are all co-conspirators equally guilty of same. The penalty for such crimes does include the death penalty. This may be the very reason the deep state wants President Trump dead.

Patricat Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 9:07 AM
This comes from the bureacracy being infiltrated with traitors, and they protect other traitors from prosecution.
A coup is punishable by hanging, which is what they all deserve.
So much to learn from the P&E.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

They do love to put words in John Jay's mouth. Though he wanted only an NBC, he never said that required 2 citizen parents.

Their only "link" that any early American believed in their 2 citizen parent requirement is that the mentioned Vattel's treatise.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

It’s funny how the Birthers obsess over John Jay’s letter to Washington. John Jay said the Commander in Chief should be a Natural Born Citizen, he did not define the term.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:27 pm
It’s funny how the Birthers obsess over John Jay’s letter to Washington. John Jay said the Commander in Chief should be a Natural Born Citizen, he did not define the term.
He didn't have to define it, he knew what it meant, the same thing it had meant from the founding of the colonies.

Laity is an ignorant fool.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Thomas Arnold weighs in on Laity's mighty thread :lol:
thomas w arnold
Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:42 PM
Bob68- It will likely never happen. Today, for example, there is NO ONE in our federal government or media (not even William Barr, to whom I sent a copy of the book “THE SICK TREASONOUS TRUTH SURROUNDING BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA,” not even Chief Justice John Roberts or any of his merry men and women on the Supreme Court who have purposefully EVADED the NBC issue, not even FAUX (FOX) NEWS or Rush Limbaugh, etc, etc, etc) who will acknowledge that Obama aka Soetoro is at best undocumented and at worst a foreign-born, radical Manchurian candidate in part groomed by our very own CIA, and constitutionally ineligible TRAITOR. The proof of this has been provided. Here’s how the FBI (Office of the Inspector General, Investigations Division) reacted to my numerous contacts in recent years with them- “This office considers the matters raised in your most recent letter and in previous correspondences to be closed, and we do not intend to exchange further correspondence with you regarding this matter. Accordingly, this office will take no further action regarding your correspondence and considers the matter closed.” When I try to email them now, I get the reply- “You do not have permission to contact us!” :blackeye: To make matters worse, I have reason to suspect that I have been put on their “FBI Watch List.” Mind you that I am a Christian, a military veteran, and a retired law enforcement officer in good standing. Are James Comey and his anti-Trump co-conspirators on any “watch lists!” Sorry for rambling on about things, but I’m totally disgusted by what has been happening in our country over the last decade plus. In fact, I’m at the point of being just about hopeless.
Has it ever crossed his mind, even once, that everybody else is right and he's not? Doesn't seem like it. That's really part of the charm and entertainment.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

OMG, the scary black man is going to GET AWAY with being elected president twice! Nobody's going to do anything! :shock:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:03 am
Has it ever crossed his mind, even once, that everybody else is right and he's not? Doesn't seem like it.
Exactly my thought. The dark side of Don Quixote.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Foggy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:40 am
OMG, the scary black man is going to GET AWAY with being elected president twice! Nobody's going to do anything! :shock:
Even worse, that evil usurper dares to enjoy life, without fear of prosecution, after leaving the White House. :swoon:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Still one of my favorite topic titles :clap:

Dr. Laity graciously shares his wisdom on an upbeat 2018 4th of July story on The P&E at 2am ET this morning (this couldn't wait until the morning!). Dr. Laity thinks all our labor shortages would be solved if abortion was illegal.
If America Goes Socialist Is Civil War Inevitable?
On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6 Comments
FROM “IN DEFENSE OF RURAL AMERICA”
by Ron Ewart, ©2018, President, NARLO
6 Responses to "If America Goes Socialist Is Civil War Inevitable?"
Robert Laity Friday, March 6, 2020 at 1:54 AM

Why would the Patriots, Constitutionalists and Nationalists not be carrying the Stars and Stripes? Secondly, Socialists and Globalists are not confined to “Urban” areas and Nationalists are not all “Rural”.

The Constitution guarantees a “Republican form of Government” (Art.4, Sec. 4). Socialism, Communism, Sharia Law, Dictatorships, Monarchies and Globalism are NOT republican forms of Government.

It is the civil duty of all Americans to uphold the Constitution and laws of this nation. The increase in illegal immigration has not helped us. The specter of Abortion has likewise damaged this country. We are quickly becoming a nation of people who do not share a common culture or history.

The deaths of over 60 Million unborn babies since 1974 has caused a reduction is people who share a common blood with our founders. The left now claims that we need more people to fill our jobs., jobs that President Trump has created since he took office.

These jobs would have been filled by the 60 Million babies that have been aborted had they been able to live and grown.

Societies without common bonds of nationalism and history, of morals and of common goals will NOT survive. People will be at each others throats. figuratively and literally. There are solutions but solutions take time and they take co-operative concerted efforts.

Yes. We are in danger of Civil War. True Americans will NOT sit idly by and allow Socialism,Communism,Sharia Law and other un-American forms of Government to get a foothold.

Sanders should not even be allowed to run for President. He is an admiited Socialist. Obama is a Communist. Buttigieg is a Marxist. Biden,Obama,both Bushes and the Clintons advocated for the “New World Order”.

If Sanders an avowed Socialist is ever elected and he takes his oath of office to defend the Constitution he instantly breaks that oath as an avowed socialist as did Obama when he knowingly usurped the Presidency. To reiterate, Socialism is patently unconstitutional under Art. 4 of the US Constitution.

BTW, the Puritans already TRIED Socialism in America. That system FAILED miserably and was REJECTED!!
https://www.thepostemail.com/2018/07/03 ... ent-391185

Laity keeps moving toward the #DeadBirthers topic. Hey Dr. Laity, if people didn't die we'd be at full employment too also, can you help with that? :P

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

That article is similar to one Rondeau posted the other day about how poor, poor rural America was so mistreated and might have to go to war. I started to leave a comment that from my experience shopping in rural Walmarts that war would only last until the soldiers Hoverround batteries gave out. I though better of it however. :lol:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

That screed sounded very similar to the talking points of an earlier political party on another country, the National Socialists.

He is also blissfully aware that various socialist and communist countries have had a republican form of government (and socialism is an economic system, not government style).

Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Orlylicious wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Dr. Laity graciously shares his wisdom on an upbeat 2018 4th of July story on The P&E at 2am ET this morning (this couldn't wait until the morning!). Dr. Laity thinks all our labor shortages would be solved if abortion was illegal.

Why would the Patriots, Constitutionalists and Nationalists not be carrying the Stars and Stripes? Secondly, Socialists and Globalists are not confined to “Urban” areas and Nationalists are not all “Rural”.

The Constitution guarantees a “Republican form of Government” (Art.4, Sec. 4). Socialism, Communism, Sharia Law, Dictatorships, Monarchies and Globalism are NOT republican forms of Government.

It is the civil duty of all Americans to uphold the Constitution and laws of this nation. The increase in illegal immigration has not helped us. The specter of Abortion has likewise damaged this country. We are quickly becoming a nation of people who do not share a common culture or history.

The deaths of over 60 Million unborn babies since 1974 has caused a reduction is people who share a common blood with our founders. The left now claims that we need more people to fill our jobs., jobs that President Trump has created since he took office.

These jobs would have been filled by the 60 Million babies that have been aborted had they been able to live and grown.

Societies without common bonds of nationalism and history, of morals and of common goals will NOT survive. People will be at each others throats. figuratively and literally. There are solutions but solutions take time and they take co-operative concerted efforts.

Yes. We are in danger of Civil War. True Americans will NOT sit idly by and allow Socialism,Communism,Sharia Law and other un-American forms of Government to get a foothold.

Sanders should not even be allowed to run for President. He is an admiited Socialist. Obama is a Communist. Buttigieg is a Marxist. Biden,Obama,both Bushes and the Clintons advocated for the “New World Order”.

If Sanders an avowed Socialist is ever elected and he takes his oath of office to defend the Constitution he instantly breaks that oath as an avowed socialist as did Obama when he knowingly usurped the Presidency. To reiterate, Socialism is patently unconstitutional under Art. 4 of the US Constitution.

BTW, the Puritans already TRIED Socialism in America. That system FAILED miserably and was REJECTED!!

Laity keeps moving toward the #DeadBirthers topic. Hey Dr. Laity, if people didn't die we'd be at full employment too also, can you help with that? :P
Is socialism illegal under the Constitution?

The constitution "is not intended to embody a particular economic theory whether, of paternalism and the organic relation of the citizen to the State or of laissez faire.." Lochner v. New York, 198 U.S. 45, 75 (1905)(Holmes, J., dissenting).

The only thing that the constitution "guarantees " as a form of government for every state is that it be a "Republican Form of Government." Article IV, Section 4

As such, capitalism is not mandated in the Constitution. “The Constitution does not require the States to subscribe to any particular economic theory. We are not inclined "to second guess the empirical judgments of lawmakers concerning the utility of legislation,"(internal citation omitted) CTS Corp v. Dynamics Corporation of America, 481 U.S. 69, 92 (1987). Moreover, “As a matter of substantive policy, therefore, government is free to move in any direction, or to change directions, in the economic and commercial sphere. The structure of economic and commercial life is a matter of political compromise, not constitutional principle….” Cleburne v. Cleburne Living Center, Inc., 473 US 432, 471 (1985)

Justice Brandeis in his dissenting opinion in New State Ice Co. v. Liebmann, 285 U.S. 262, (1932), acknowledged the various economic theories by noting: There must be power in the States and the Nation to remould, through experimentation, our economic practices and institutions to meet changing social and economic needs. . . . .[t]o stay experimentation in things social and economic is a grave responsibility. Denial of the right to experiment may be fraught with serious consequences to the Nation. It is one of the happy incidents of the federal system that a single courageous State may, if its citizens choose, serve as a laboratory; and try novel social and economic experiments without risk to the rest of the country. Id at 311.

Moreover, the founding fathers did not write the Constitution with idea of setting forth a particular economic system for this new republic but rather by allowing future generations to develop economic, political and social changes for a more "Perfect Union."

Justice Holmes in Missouri v. Holland, 252 U.S. 416 (1920), articulated the nature of the Constitution: "With regard to that we may add that when we are dealing with words that also are a constituent act, like the Constitution of the United States, we must realize that they have called into life a being the development of which could not have been foreseen completely by the most gifted of its begetters. It was enough for them to realize or to hope that they had created an organism; it has taken a century and has cost their successors much sweat and blood to prove that they created a nation. The case before us must be considered in the light of our whole experience and not merely in that of what was said a hundred years ago.” Id at 434.

As such, this nation was founded on an idea that we the people can form a more perfect union without being shackled by the old world's economic, social and political structures.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

He doesn't know or understand the difference between gov't and economic system or understand what they are. The again, I don't think the good Doctor understands much and has only the sounds of his own voice to sustain him these days. And if I haven't said it before I say it now, I truly pity anyone he "advocated" for.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Atticus Finch wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:39 pm
Orlylicious wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Is socialism illegal under the Constitution?

The constitution "is not intended to embody a particular economic theory whether, of paternalism and the organic relation of the citizen to the State or of laissez faire.." Lochner v. New York, 198 U.S. 45, 75 (1905)(Holmes, J., dissenting).

The only thing that the constitution "guarantees " as a form of government for every state is that it be a "Republican Form of Government." Article IV, Section 4

As such, capitalism is not mandated in the Constitution. “The Constitution does not require the States to subscribe to any particular economic theory. We are not inclined "to second guess the empirical judgments of lawmakers concerning the utility of legislation,"(internal citation omitted) CTS Corp v. Dynamics Corporation of America, 481 U.S. 69, 92 (1987). Moreover, “As a matter of substantive policy, therefore, government is free to move in any direction, or to change directions, in the economic and commercial sphere. The structure of economic and commercial life is a matter of political compromise, not constitutional principle….” Cleburne v. Cleburne Living Center, Inc., 473 US 432, 471 (1985)

Justice Brandeis in his dissenting opinion in New State Ice Co. v. Liebmann, 285 U.S. 262, (1932), acknowledged the various economic theories by noting: There must be power in the States and the Nation to remould, through experimentation, our economic practices and institutions to meet changing social and economic needs. . . . .[t]o stay experimentation in things social and economic is a grave responsibility. Denial of the right to experiment may be fraught with serious consequences to the Nation. It is one of the happy incidents of the federal system that a single courageous State may, if its citizens choose, serve as a laboratory; and try novel social and economic experiments without risk to the rest of the country. Id at 311.

Moreover, the founding fathers did not write the Constitution with idea of setting forth a particular economic system for this new republic but rather by allowing future generations to develop economic, political and social changes for a more "Perfect Union."

Justice Holmes in Missouri v. Holland, 252 U.S. 416 (1920), articulated the nature of the Constitution: "With regard to that we may add that when we are dealing with words that also are a constituent act, like the Constitution of the United States, we must realize that they have called into life a being the development of which could not have been foreseen completely by the most gifted of its begetters. It was enough for them to realize or to hope that they had created an organism; it has taken a century and has cost their successors much sweat and blood to prove that they created a nation. The case before us must be considered in the light of our whole experience and not merely in that of what was said a hundred years ago.” Id at 434.

As such, this nation was founded on an idea that we the people can form a more perfect union without being shackled by the old world's economic, social and political structures.

The P&E posted the above comment right above Laity's inane post. https://www.thepostemail.com/2018/07/03 ... ent-391185

bob

Post by bob »

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:52 pm
He doesn't know or understand the difference between gov't and economic system or understand what they are. The again, I don't think the good Doctor understands much and has only the sounds of his own voice to sustain him these days.
:fingerwag:

P&E comments:
Laity wrote:Atticus, Socialism conflicts with the Constitution. Furthermore, the Puritans tried it before and it FAILED. https://townhall.com/columnists/meredit ... m-n1244377

Constitutional Scholar Jenna Ellis[*] wrote an informative article[**] on the subject of the unconstitutionality of socialism. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... nstitution
* Ellis is presently an advisor for the impeached president's campaign; she taught (at the undergrad level) for a few years at Colorado Christian University.

Law & Crime: Trump’s New Senior Legal Advisor Criticized Conservatives for ‘Acquiescing to LGBT Agenda’ After Pulse Mass Shooting.

Daily Beast: Trump’s New Legal Adviser Is an Anti-LGBT, Fox News-Ready Bomb Thrower.

* Ellis' 2018 article consists of: constitutional republic; Madison's Federalist 51; and hand waiving. :yawn:

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss »

Colorado Christian University is a mere stone's throw from our apartment. Our neighbors across the hall are a brother and sister from Texas and enrolled at CCU. VERY straight-laced except for the scent of recreational weed coming from their apartment in the evening!

I have yet to ask what their majors are, but it could be Antediluvial Dinosaur History (well more likely "Worship Arts" a real undergraduate degree from CCU; they definitely don't have any degree programs in the geological sciences). :mrgreen:

Return to “Eligibility Lawsuits”