Leaming v. Reality

A Legal Lohengrin

Leaming v. Reality

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 pm

H/T to mirele, who directed me to this.Arguably, this should be in the Sovereign Citizen thread, and it was [/break1]thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5620&p=313772&hilit=Leaming#p313772]mentioned briefly by mimi in that thread almost a year ago.I don't have any more details except this story, which has the docket number in it.[/break1]patrickpretty.com/2012/10/14/asd-figure-kenneth-wayne-leamings-birther-lawsuit-against-obama-holder-gets-tossed/]ASD [AdSurfDaily] Figure Kenneth Wayne Leaming’s Birther Lawsuit Against Obama, Holder Gets TossedAfter he was charged with filing false liens and other crimes and jailed near Seattle, AdSurfDaily story figure and purported "sovereign citizen" Kenneth Wayne Leaming apparently thought it prudent to sue President Obama and U.S. Attorney General Eric HolderLeaming, 56, advanced a theory that Obama was not born in the United States, was not eligible to be President and had appointed Holder unlawfully.It therefore followed, according to Leaming and co-plaintiff and former business colleague David Carroll Stephenson, that Holder was “Personating [sic] the Attorney General of the United States” and could not lawfully appoint or delegate authority to “Any United States Attorney.”And because Holder had oversight responsibility over the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Western District of Washington that had brought the criminal charges against Leaming and Stephenson after an FBI probe, the duo apparently surmised, it followed that the prosecution was unlawful and should be declared “VOID For FRAUD” because the U.S. Attorney also is “personating” [sic] a federal officer.More at the link. Warning: obnoxious "license" popup if you try to cut and paste from site.

mmmirele

Leaming v. Reality

Post by mmmirele » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Here's the nut of it, a writ of habeas corpus with all sorts of kookery.[/break1]google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxhc2R1cGRhdGVzZmlsZXN8Z3g6NTJmYmY0ODg1NDhmM2VhNA]https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... NDhmM2VhNAIt's part of a larger collection of documents for the case 12-cv-01090 Leaming-Stephenson and can be found here (scroll down):[/break1]google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents/other-asd-cases]https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdate ... -asd-casesI found this when looking for information about the Zeek Rewards Ponzi scheme and, well, I just fell down the rabbit hole.

rosy

Leaming v. Reality

Post by rosy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Nothing says "kook" quite like a poorly handwritten suit which asks for a thousand ounces of silver as relief.

A Legal Lohengrin

Leaming v. Reality

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Nothing says "kook" quite like a poorly handwritten suit which asks for a thousand ounces of silver as relief.The handwritten part is explained by the fact that the litigant is an incarcerated prisoner.Demanding silver as relief, though, is definitely kooksign.

realist

Leaming v. Reality

Post by realist » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:15 am

WA - 2012-09-10 - Stephenson|Leaming v Holder, et al. - [link]Report & Recommendation,[/link]

In this Court’s view, plaintiff’s/petitioner’s claims are substantively frivolous and do not

warrant detailed discussion. However, to the extent petitioners have legitimate jurisdictional

challenges to present, they should present those challenges in the context of the ongoing criminal proceedings and not by way of a separate habeas action.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Whatever4

Leaming v. Reality

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 am

I keep reading this thread as "Learning v. Reality". Very different concept.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Leaming v. Reality

Post by Flatpointhigh » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 am

I keep reading this thread as "Learning v. Reality". Very different concept.Thank you, for telling me I am not alone in my creative reading of the subject line.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Leaming v. Reality

Post by Kriselda Gray » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:07 am

I keep reading this thread as "Learning v. Reality". Very different concept.Thank you, for telling me I am not alone in my creative reading of the subject line.Oh, definitely not! :D
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

insomnia

Leaming v. Reality

Post by insomnia » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm

I keep reading this thread as "Learning v. Reality". Very different concept.I keep reading it as "Lemming vs Reality".

mmmirele

Leaming v. Reality

Post by mmmirele » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

The latest on Kenneth Wayne Leaming, courtesy of Patrick Pretty (thank you Patrick for keeping an eye on this one!), including this choice quote from Judge Ronald B. Leighton:The Court therefore feels some measure of responsibility to inform [Kenneth Wayne Leaming] that all the fancy legal-sounding things he has read on the internet are make-believe. Defendant can call himself a ‘public minister’ and ‘private attorney general,’ he may file ‘mandatory judicial notices’ citing all his favorite websites, he can even address mail to the ‘Washington Republic.’ But at the end of the day, while sovereign citizens and Defendant cite things like ‘Universal Law Ordinances,’ they are subject to both state and federal laws, just like everyone else. – U.S. District Judge Ronald B. Leighton, Feb. 12, 2013This quote should be immortalized in stone, IMHO.Read more at the link:[/break1]patrickpretty.com/2013/02/13/judge-all-the-fancy-legal-sounding-things-asd-figure-kenneth-wayne-leaming-has-read-on-the-internet-are-make-believe/]http://www.patrickpretty.com/2013/02/13 ... e-believe/

pitbullsigh

Leaming v. Reality

Post by pitbullsigh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:48 am

The Court therefore feels some measure of responsibility to inform [Kenneth Wayne Leaming] that all the fancy legal-sounding things he has read on the internet are make-believe. Defendant can call himself a ‘public minister’ and ‘private attorney general,’ he may file ‘mandatory judicial notices’ citing all his favorite websites, he can even address mail to the ‘Washington Republic.’ But at the end of the day, while sovereign citizens and Defendant cite things like ‘Universal Law Ordinances,’ they are subject to both state and federal laws, just like everyone else. – U.S. District Judge Ronald B. Leighton, Feb. 12, 2013This quote should be immortalized in stone, IMHO.Read more at the link:[/break1]patrickpretty.com/2013/02/13/judge-all-the-fancy-legal-sounding-things-asd-figure-kenneth-wayne-leaming-has-read-on-the-internet-are-make-believe/]http://www.patrickpretty.com/2013/02/13 ... e-believe/ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Return to “Eligibility Lawsuits”