Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Jacob Wohl

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Jacob Wohl

Post by northland10 »

So, here is how their sting went down. They posted on Craig's list for people to act in their play. One was a younger-looking lady, and others were supposed to act the part of a predator for some "public interest" story.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Where's that from, Northland? Hard to believe these guys would do that... they have LinkedIn & other places with their info. Would like to think that's how it happened, it was upsetting to see DOD or health officials crossing state lines for a 16-year-old. Hope that's how it happened.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10

Post by northland10 »

OL, I was making it up based on their past tendency to hire actors from Craig's List for their pressers.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

It's a great thought Northland, definitely could be what happened. It'll come out. But the men were identified, two of them appeared to be actually in the sting house. Hard to imagine a public health official in MD and a DOD contractor with TS clearance would respond to a Craig's List, that's why we were so surprised. Checked LinkedIn and saw their photos, they're all pretty public guys.

But with deep fakes and other editing tricks, you definitely could be on the right track. As mentioned they never showed Guy #2, just heard his voice. Guy #3 with the TS clearance was the hardest to dismiss, he stupidly kept answering questions (Guy #1 ran out the second he saw cameras and drove off). You'd think that after Anthony Weiner and all that people wouldn't be so stupid (to say nothing of how outrageous and creepy it is).
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If they keep fucking around with the wrong people they could end up in a hole in the Gobi Desert.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly I wouldn't put it past these guys to create fake Linkdin accounts and stuff or simply find someone plausible and copy their Linkdin, so people wll serch, hit the fake proviles to give their shit show some credibility. All so people will believe it and throw them a tenner.

Chris Hansen himself has pretty much fallen into sensationalism and bollox since "To Catch a Predator."
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Gregg -- you'll be happy to know there was a big box of DONUTS on the kitchen table in the sting house. Maybe Lt. Root Beer & the 699th should run a counter-sting operation.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

There is zero chance that I’ll watch this video (thanks for taking one for the team, OL). So questions, I haz them.

Did they call the police or just let these guys walk away? NBC did their To Catch A Predator series with the involvement of law enforcement.

How did they react to being busted?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Luke

Post by Luke »

Happy to Maybenaut, ask away. We like cheesy reality TV (surprise! :lol: ) so it's an easy 30 minute watch.

They did not have law enforcement involved, which is why maybe Northland is right about these being a setup. Though the guys who got stung didn't seem like they'd participate in a Craig's List drama. Their names are all over now, but as before, not using them because it's still possible this has been faked somehow.

The first guy when confronted just bolted and drove away, wouldn't answer questions.

We never see the second guy arrive (that's the commodity board commissioner). On the phone with the "teen", she tries to push him to come over but he has his son that night and can't get away. Jakey is giving her ideas via earpiece, she says just come over at 10pm after he's sleeping for a quickie. So it's unclear if he really did, doubtful since they had no footage. Guy 2 also doesn't send nudes, just some fully clothed shots (as far as we see, the other guys sent nudes on Tinder).

The third guy (analyst at Fort Belvoir for a Department of Defense contractor known as Jacobs, Top-Secret Security Clearance), had the dumbest reaction. He stayed and answered questions. When confronted with the Tinder transcript, he tried saying he thought the girl was 18 or 19 (he's 37), but they pointed out she said her 17th birthday was in three weeks and he was going to take her out. It was colossally stupid not to do what Guy #1 did, just leave. Maybe he thought they were LE but they never identified themselves as that. At the end, they said he was free to leave "out the back way" and showed the guy doing the walk of shame.

We saw two of three react, one ran off, one answered questions. They said this is the press release:

Because of their blundering history, nobody's picked this up. That's the downside of lying and faking all the time, zero cred. If this was just from a production company, it would have gotten attention. Haven't watched To Catch in a really long time, just saw he's back doing it on YouTube on a show called "Have a Seat"
Now, Hansen is carrying out stings once again, this time on YouTube on his Have a Seat with Chris Hansen channel. The first episode was just uploaded this week, documenting a collaboration with the Genesse and Shiawassee county Sheriff's office in Michigan. As a result of a one day operation by the GHOST team, a man named Tom showed up to a hotel room to meet with a girl who identified herself as a 15-year-old. Instead, he found Hansen, who treated him with the familiar line of questioning we've seen on To Catch a Predator. His arrest in the hotel room is also shown in the video.
https://tvweb.com/have-a-seat-chris-hansen-youtube/

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't know if LE can use this, but if they can't, they've scared off three predators that may escape justice. They'll be a lot more careful raping minors in the future.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I’m not following why this has more credibility than their other faked stunts.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:10 am I’m not following why this has more credibility than their other faked stunts.
Same here. The whole thing could be completely made up. The names, linked in pages, supposed employment, etc. The actors can be told to just drive off, answer questions, whatever. I'm not saying that I question 100% whether this really is real, but I question 100% whether this really is real.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The problem, for them anyway, is that even if this is 100% legit (I know, but I believe in alternate universes) no one is gonna bother to even check because they've so well established themselves as very bad liars.

I mean, not bad because they are liars, and they are, but because they're not very good at being liars.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:00 am I don't know if LE can use this, but if they can't, they've scared off three predators that may escape justice. They'll be a lot more careful raping minors in the future.
The problem any DA or US Attorney is going to have is going to be with authentication - that the texts, phone calls, recordings or whatever are what they are purported to be. And to do that, the witnesses testifying to their authenticity have to be credible. Which these guys are not.

But color me skeptical. I have no faith whatsoever that Wohl and Burkman wouldn’t pick two or three guys at random and blow their lives up just to make a buck (which they are seriously going to need in the very near future). I mean, are the guys in the videos for sure the same guys with the real linked in profiles?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
northland10

Post by northland10 »

While it would be quite easy to find people to fall for a sting like this, likely easier than hiring somebody to play the part, I have swum in large vats of paint to color me skeptical. How many fake profiles and security company websites have Jacob made as part of their previous scams?

In addition, as Slim mentioned, if they were legit they just demolished the ability to actually prosecute the three.
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:00 am I don't know if LE can use this, but if they can't, they've scared off three predators that may escape justice. They'll be a lot more careful raping minors in the future.
The problem any DA or US Attorney is going to have is going to be with authentication - that the texts, phone calls, recordings or whatever are what they are purported to be. And to do that, the witnesses testifying to their authenticity have to be credible. Which these guys are not.
Concur.

Nothing would prohibit law enforcement from using this evidence. But given the immense credibility concerns, a DA could easily not bother.

"To Catch A Predator," for example, used professional witnesses (i.e., law enforcement officers) who could testify credibility and not be subject to obvious cross-examination, e.g., "How much did Wohl pay you for your efforts?"
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

All great points and we know Jakey has no credibility. As the Dot story below says, let's see what happens to these "sting guys". If there's any merit at all, we'll be hearing about them... no way they'd stay in their jobs.

Daily Dot.
Jacob Wohl is hunting down people in D.C. and accusing them of pedophilia for new YouTube show
He is most definitely not going to get sued into oblivion.
David Covucci Tech Published Sep 9, 2021

America’s favorite cherubic right-wing operative, Jacob Wohl, does not appear to be content with just the myriad of lawsuits he’s currently facing over his illegal robocall scheme. He is apparently interested in getting sued into oblivion for accusing random D.C. residents of being pedophiles.

Wohl and his longtime adult associate Jack Burkman launched a YouTube show called Predator D.C., their own version of To Catch a Predator, where they lure adults under the guise of sleeping with an underage person and confront them when they arrive.

Ummmm.

Well….

Hmmm.

Obviously, we can’t link to a production of a person currently under investigation for state crimes, with a notorious history of false accusations, filming people and calling them pedophiles. You might even think Wohl might think twice about doing that, but apparently not! Whatever you say, kid’s got moxie.

To be honest, we can’t even explain a lot of the videos in Episode One, for parroting Wohl’s claims about private citizens would open up this own publication to be sued out of existence.

But we can show you some fascinating screenshots of the show, which… is fascinating. I mean, who knows why they’re doing this, but I sure as hell can’t look away. Even if I’m worried I’m going to jail just for watching it.

(screenshots here)

At least one of the people Wohl names in his press release and video appears to be real, although there’s no guarantee he’s not in on the game. You might wonder why they would volunteer to do that; with Wohl, who knows.

We’ve reached out to that person and will let you know if we hear back.
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/jacob-wo ... type-show/

Still want to see Jakey & Jack pay the $5M and for Jakey to have some jail time.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Still want to see Jakey & Jack pay the $5M and for Jakey to have some jail time.
The FCC has a history of assessing fines but not bothering to actually attempt to collect. Therefore, even if they fine these two agent provocateurs, odds are these two will never pay up and face no consequences for failing to do so.
I've heard this bull before.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Sidebar: Gosh, Chris Hansen has aged.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I personally thought the To Catch A Predator series was irresponsible journalism, and it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt. So I was not at all surprised when a subject of one of the segments killed himself and NBC cancelled the show and ultimately settled a lawsuit filed by his family.

I have mixed feelings about the “stings.” I’ve had a couple of clients caught up in stings conducted by law enforcement, and when done correctly they can be an effective tool for law enforcement to get dangerous predators off the street. But they’re not always done correctly, and the result is that the charges don’t survive because law enforcement either (a) entrapped a person who was not predisposed to commit the offense, or (2) only managed to elicit from the subject constitutionally protected speech.

Trained law enforcement people don’t always get this right. I really doubt Wohl and Burkman know how to do it.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

I really doubt Wohl and Burkman care how to do it properly.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Episode 2 is out. Seemed like you'd have to pay a $10 subscription for future episodes, but it's on YouTube.

Allegedly, the USPTO judge in this episode has been referred to the OIG.

Jacob photo_2021-09-16_10-41-17.jpg
Jacob photo_2021-09-16_10-41-17.jpg (53.69 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That warning is boilerplate, I get it at work for anything that originates outside the motorcar company.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

But back on topic, if I was a nationally known disreputable phuckstik I'd be damn careful about libeling a Federal Judge. Those guys sometimes know a little bit about the law. Especially the ones who have been on the bench more than the last 5 years.

northland10

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:30 pm That warning is boilerplate, I get it at work for anything that originates outside the motorcar company.
Same at my day job. I even get it for notifications from our own tools (like JIRA) because, being sent from our mail server outside our own (Office 365), it get's picked up as outside our organization. There may be a setting for that, but nobody really cares to complain or check it.
Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:32 pm But back on topic, if I was a nationally known disreputable phuckstik I'd be damn careful about libeling a Federal Judge.
If they were careful, they wouldn't be disreputable phuckstiks.

Return to “Other weirdos”