Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Luke »

That video was hilarious. Why do they love to share their fails? Just can't understand that.

It's clearly Joe Biden's fault. He should SUE!

Scir, you have some pretty crazy friends.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:07 am That video was hilarious. Why do they love to share their fails? Just can't understand that.

It's clearly Joe Biden's fault. He should SUE!

Scir, you have some pretty crazy friends.
"friends"? Ha ha - 1 way Booby blocked me on the twitter a long time ago. He doesn't like the pretend me much. I might have mocked him on his twitter and he didn't like it much.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: Thought you'd catch that, you know I think you're awesome. And really, you are about the only friend they have that even pays attention to them (until you introduce them to us). They should consider that and treat you with respect!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:34 am :lol: Thought you'd catch that, you know I think you're awesome. And really, you are about the only friend they have that even pays attention to them (until you introduce them to us). They should consider that and treat you with respect!

1 way Booby proposed in the middle of the insurrection. She said yes. Thought you might like an update from my "friend" Bobby.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (75.9 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Ah. :hands over heart: He asked her to be his little quarantine on a national blog channel just before he commits a federal crime. How romantic. Such a scrapbook moment.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:13 am Ah. :hands over heart: He asked her to be his little quarantine on a national blog channel just before he commits a federal crime. How romantic. Such a scrapbook moment.
Maybe they can spend their honeymoon in Leavenworth.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

noblepa wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:13 am Ah. :hands over heart: He asked her to be his little quarantine on a national blog channel just before he commits a federal crime. How romantic. Such a scrapbook moment.
Maybe they can spend their honeymoon in Leavenworth.
Sing sing
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 am
How Dumb Is Bobby Powell? This Dumb...
1 way Booby asks a question. Answer is that he is dumber than shit. He refused free pizza from Goblin of course back in the day. Evidently he crashed his motorcycle and maybe broke his shoulder. Booby was at the insurrection - IDK why he has not been arrested yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLymB7Z ... obbyPowell
ETA Booby update - can't post screen shot cuz posting pics is broken. Booby's noggin is a bat shit crazy noggin.
Bobby Powell
Pinned by Bobby Powell
Bobby Powell
1 week ago (edited)
I’m in the ER getting treated for a broken right shoulder, and minor bleeding in the noggin. Thank you for your prayers. I’m tough. I’ll be fine.
I have to give limited credit for him saying "kids, don't try this at home."
Beyond that, he's a dumb-ass.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:46 pm
orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:34 am :lol: Thought you'd catch that, you know I think you're awesome. And really, you are about the only friend they have that even pays attention to them (until you introduce them to us). They should consider that and treat you with respect!

1 way Booby proposed in the middle of the insurrection. She said yes. Thought you might like an update from my "friend" Bobby.
Capture.JPG
"Grandma, when did grandpa ask you to marry him?"

"Ohhh I remember it like it was yesterday, we were about to overthrow the government to install an orange dictator..."
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

:like:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo!!!!! The scrapbook pic will be priceless.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Associated Press
@AP
Police have locked down the U.S. Capitol after a report of gunshots in the area. U.S. Capitol Police said that all Capitol buildings were being locked down “due to an external security threat” and staff members were told they could not enter or exit.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Meet the Press
@MeetThePress
BREAKING: U.S. Capitol is on lockdown after an incident outside where shots were fired,
@PeteWilliamsNBC
reports. "What we are told is that a car was trying to get through a checkpoint and didn't stop and just kept going." #MTPDaily
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

NBC News
@NBCNews
Replying to
@NBCNews
BREAKING: NBC News Special Report:

At least 2 officers injured, suspect in custody after vehicle tried to ram a barricade at the US Capitol.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Valerio
@MikevWUSA
Replying to
@MikevWUSA
SUSPECT SHOT at Capitol —Two officers in critical condition after ramming — initial call was for three shot... just clarification as we learn more on scene #capitol #breaking
@WUSA9

@CBSNews
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Talking Points Memo
@TPM
NBC: Suspect Has Died From Injuries
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness," Gallups on Freedom Friday had "interviewed"* on February 12 one Jesus Rivera, a local Florida Man charged on January 20 for crimes committed on January 6. (Rivera had uploaded to Facebook a video of his being outside of the Capitol.)

To recap:
Jan. 6: Assaults Capitol.
Jan. 20: Arrested.
Feb. 12: Brags on Freedom Friday about said assault and arrest.

:doh:

* TL;DRL. :nope: But the "interview" starts around the 45-minute mark.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-04- ... /100023614

The United States military is one of the nation's most trusted institutions. But 'enemies' lie in the ranks
much ado

Post by much ado »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:51 pm https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-04- ... /100023614

The United States military is one of the nation's most trusted institutions. But 'enemies' lie in the ranks
I wonder who is the highest-ranking 'enemy'? (Now that Trump is gone, of course.)
tek

Post by tek »

Officer Evans, who died as a result of this gate-crasher, grew up in the Berkshires of Western MA (where my mother's family is from), and is a graduate of Western New England College (now University) (where ms got her law degree)

Close to home.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think the family thinks he is certifiable. They have campaigned against him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/04/02/ ... ty-police/
A Kaysville man who formerly worked as a Salt Lake City police officer has been arrested by the FBI for allegedly taking part in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Michael Lee Hardin, 50, was taken into custody without incident by members of the FBI’s joint terrorism task force, with assistance from the Utah’s State Bureau of Investigation, for “crimes committed at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.,” according to a news release from the FBI’s Utah office.

A spokeswoman for the Salt Lake City Police Department confirmed that Hardin was an officer there until his retirement in 2017. He served with the city police for about two decades and was named the department’s Officer of the Year in 2012 for solving a 25-year-old murder case.

The FBI caught Hardin by following up on tips from two people who know him, according to a statement from the U.S. Department of Justice. The first tipster, a friend of Hardin who used him as a financial adviser, said Hardin called Jan. 4 to say he was heading to Washington to fight for the United States.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Just parking this here...

"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Fears of White People Losing Out Permeate Capitol Rioters’ Towns, Study Finds
Counties with the most significant declines in the non-Hispanic white population were the most likely to produce insurrectionists.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/us/p ... study.html
When the political scientist Robert Pape began studying the issues that motivated the 380 or so people arrested in connection with the attack against the Capitol on Jan. 6, he expected to find that the rioters were driven to violence by the lingering effects of the 2008 Great Recession.

But instead he found something very different: Most of the people who took part in the assault came from places, his polling and demographic data showed, that were awash in fears that the rights of minorities and immigrants were crowding out the rights of white people in American politics and culture.

If Mr. Pape’s initial conclusions — published on Tuesday in The Washington Post — hold true, they would suggest that the Capitol attack has historical echoes reaching back to before the Civil War, he said in an interview over the weekend. In the shorter term, he added, the study would appear to connect Jan. 6 not only to the once-fringe right-wing theory called the Great Replacement, which holds that minorities and immigrants are seeking to take over the country, but also to events like the far-right rally in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017 where crowds of white men marched with torches chanting, “Jews will not replace us!”

“If you look back in history, there has always been a series of far-right extremist movements responding to new waves of immigration to the United States or to movements for civil rights by minority groups,” Mr. Pape said. “You see a common pattern in the Capitol insurrectionists. They are mainly middle-class to upper-middle-class whites who are worried that, as social changes occur around them, they will see a decline in their status in the future.”
A continuing reduction in the white percentage of the US population over the next few decades is already baked in. It will happen even if all immigration were to cease. I fear that violent disgruntled whites will be a problem for a long time.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”