Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:53 pm I think part of the insurrectionists not carrying guns was the fact that Washington D.C. prohibits folks from doing that. They didn't want to get arrested on the streets of D.C. before they could even enter the Capitol. Besides, they had bear spray, baseball bats, etc. which were very effective in assaulting police officers.
True, true. Yeah, they found many physical "weapons" to use, sans firearms. It was a mob riot. A prison riot of inmates is the best way I describe it.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bill_g wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:33 am
noblepa wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:10 am
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:54 am
She's a defendant not because of social media, but because of poor judgment and choices. I'm not a defendant in the bank robbery case because there's a bank but because I was stupid enough to try to rob it.
I agree, but you have to admit that the internet has made it easier for people to be radicalized and to meet, at least virtually, others of like mind. This can lead to an echo chamber where they talk each other into doing things that they might not otherwise have done.
[critique, not criticism]
This summarizes the gun control arguments.
Pipi's response is the classic "guns don't kill people, people do" argument.
Noble's is about gun proliferation, and is akin to the "that genie is out of the bottle already" argument.
[/shutting up now]
I don't think that was my point. I may be wrong.
filly

Post by filly »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:53 pm I think part of the insurrectionists not carrying guns was the fact that Washington D.C. prohibits folks from doing that. They didn't want to get arrested on the streets of D.C. before they could even enter the Capitol. Besides, they had bear spray, baseball bats, etc. which were very effective in assaulting police officers.
Actually, I recall a still photo on Malcolm Nance's Twitter timeline where the Insurrectionist had a sand colored gun in the back waistband of his pants. It was revealed when he lifted his arms up and his jacket rode up. Nance was able to identify the make and model.

I suspect there were more who had firearms on them. So did the DC Cop who was repeatedly shot with his own taser (resulting in a heart attack). When he was interviewed he said he considered drawing his weapon but calculated the mob had guns as well. I think it was a good calculation.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
Does anyone know where Malcolm Nance is located? When I see him on MSNBC, he has a background photo that I can't identify.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:56 pm
Off Topic
Does anyone know where Malcolm Nance is located? When I see him on MSNBC, he has a background photo that I can't identify.
I believe it's the Deception Pass bridge between Fidalgo & Whidby islands in Washington state.
Image Image Image Image
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:56 pm
Off Topic
His wiki says he's born in PA -- but nothing current.

Born: 1961 (age 60 years), Philadelphia, PA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Nance

ETA: From his twitter profile:

US Intelligence +36 yrs. Expert Terrorist Strategy,Tactics,Ideology. Torture, Russian Cyber! | x4 NYT Bestselling Author, Navy Senior Chief/Jedi Master, MSNBC
Philadelphia PA, Charleston SCthetacticsofterror.org
Joined June 2014
2,234 Following
909.7K Followers
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
Thanks. I looked him up a couple of times and also couldn't find anything current. I thought the bridge and area looked like PNW, but didn't know where.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:17 pm
Off Topic
Thanks. I looked him up a couple of times and also couldn't find anything current. I thought the bridge and area looked like PNW, but didn't know where.
I updated my post upthread... it's Charleston SC.

And whole wtheck he's approaching a million followers. I got to check this guy out.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Yeah Deception Pass is out.
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
My son just looked it up and found one of his tweets that referenced it. It's the Bear Mountain Bridge near West Point, NY.
Off Topic

I guess I'm not the only one who has been curious.

I'll go away now.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:29 pm I'll go away now.
Thank you very much .. but you don't have to go away. 8-)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:58 pm How did guns get in this topic. I scanned the thread but I can't find anything of the insurrectionists bringing guns in. Guns are banned in D.C. -- it's not Texas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin or other free-for-all anything-goes states. Did I miss something?
So, is there an "Assault on the Capitol (Lansing)" thread for those folks who want to talk (fire)armed insurrection?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

keith wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:40 am
neonzx wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:58 pm How did guns get in this topic. I scanned the thread but I can't find anything of the insurrectionists bringing guns in. Guns are banned in D.C. -- it's not Texas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin or other free-for-all anything-goes states. Did I miss something?
So, is there an "Assault on the Capitol (Lansing)" thread for those folks who want to talk (fire)armed insurrection?
You can start a thread on that. But firearms were a non-issue on Jan 6 in D.C. -- just improvised weapons of what they had on and around them. They didn't need guns to injure (and kill) people.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Capitol Riot Defendants Notch Win at Appeals Court

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ca ... -ntp-feeds

The appeals court held that a mother and son charged in the riot, Lisa Eisenhart and Eric Munchel, may not need to be jailed in advance of their trial because any danger they posed during the assault on the Capitol was unique to the Electoral College certification that took place that day and has diminished since.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

noblepa wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:58 pm Capitol Riot Defendants Notch Win at Appeals Court

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ca ... -ntp-feeds

The appeals court held that a mother and son charged in the riot, Lisa Eisenhart and Eric Munchel, may not need to be jailed in advance of their trial because any danger they posed during the assault on the Capitol was unique to the Electoral College certification that took place that day and has diminished since.
That's insane. It's like cutting a hitman loose on the basis that he's already killed his target, so he isn't a threat to anyone else.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:07 pm That's insane. It's like cutting a hitman loose on the basis that he's already killed his target, so he isn't a threat to anyone else.
It would be interesting to know what their response would be to someone entering the Appeals Court building with a taser and zip-ties.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 am
keith wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:40 am
You can start a thread on that. But firearms were a non-issue on Jan 6 in D.C. -- just improvised weapons of what they had on and around them. They didn't need guns to injure (and kill) people.
It was a joke.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Prosecutors have charged David JUDD with assaulting police, in part by organizing a "shield wall" inside the West Capitol tunnel and throwing a lit firecracker at them amid the chaos. https://justice.gov/opa/case-multi-defe ... 1/download
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Off Topic
Sort of on and off topic, JJ posted this fundraiser to help Rhodes’ estranged, abused wife get free of him and pay her legal fees.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-divo ... art-rhodes
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

A couple of Capitol Police officers suing Trump for inciting the riot.

edit: Better link, old links under spoiler

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump ... P9?ocid=st
► Show Spoiler
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

dan1100 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:12 pm A couple of Capitol Police officers suing Trump for inciting the riot.

edit: Better link, old links under spoiler

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump ... P9?ocid=st
► Show Spoiler
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I saw this case listed today on justsecurity.org. As a side note (ok, yes, off-topic :bag: ), if you want to track all of Trump’s legal travails, this is a useful website:

https://www.justsecurity.org/75032/liti ... ald-trump/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Unfortunately, a lot of these idiots are going to get off without jail time, if they are just first-time misdemeanors there's no basis for jailing them. Lots will get time served. Folks crash the Capitol all the time, think of the anti-Kavanaugh protestors and all the others that have been in. Most of the Capitol idiots weren't organized, they were incited to go in the doors; but looking at the footage, way too many of those officers were friendly and accommodating to them. Remember how the cop was almost showing them around the Senate chamber? Lots of lessons will be learned, heard the House chamber has already been reinforced with Kevlar and much stricter measures will be in place, but as much as we want to see them punished, we also have to provide equal justice and comparative sentencing. Damn, hate saying that. :mad:
Uninformed wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:05 am “Trump and Trump Jr hire lawyer to defend them in Capitol riot lawsuit”
“The Trumps have retained attorney Jesse Binnall, who has served the former president in multiple legal battles”:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 21885.html
Jesse Binnall is like a bad rash, that loser started with telling The Lincoln Project, "Come at me, bro" and he's failed upward ever since. The Nevada smackdown was really one of the best ones.

Jesse is also one of Squidney's lawyers on the Dominion lawsuit.

There's nothing that little jerk won't do. And now he says he's moved from Alexandria VA to (damn) Florida. He's on Twitter, trolling and lying

Hey Scir, have you hung out with Matthew Leland Klein, 24, and/or Jonathanpeter Allen Klein, 21? They look like tons of fun. Think they might blow a shofar with Brand Nu?

Matthew (on the left) looks cuter but you might want a second opinion from Neon or Estiveo before making dinner plans. Pro tip: Leave your valuables at home and take the bare minimum in your wallet. :P

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

How Dumb Is Bobby Powell? This Dumb...
1 way Booby asks a question. Answer is that he is dumber than shit. He refused free pizza from Goblin of course back in the day. Evidently he crashed his motorcycle and maybe broke his shoulder. Booby was at the insurrection - IDK why he has not been arrested yet.

ETA Booby update - can't post screen shot cuz posting pics is broken. Booby's noggin is a bat shit crazy noggin.
Bobby Powell
Pinned by Bobby Powell
Bobby Powell
1 week ago (edited)
I’m in the ER getting treated for a broken right shoulder, and minor bleeding in the noggin. Thank you for your prayers. I’m tough. I’ll be fine.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”