Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Biden's Cabinet and Appointments

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Biden's Cabinet and Appointments

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics
Presidents are required to fill roughly 4,000 politically appointed positions in the executive branch and independent agencies, including more than 1,250 that require Senate confirmation. The Washington Post and the Partnership for Public Service are tracking nominees for roughly 800 of those 1,250 positions, including Cabinet secretaries, chief financial officers, general counsels, ambassadors and other critical leadership positions.

President Biden’s government transition, beset by delays stemming from the late flip of Senate control to Democrats and the impeachment trial of former president Donald Trump, has lagged in comparison with his predecessors’ transitions.
This site updates a few times to day to keep track of the appointments.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Re: Biden's Cabinet and Appointments

Post by Reality Check »

If you are wondering why Joe Manchin is voting against Neera Tanden's confirmation. It has nothing to do with her record.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:dog:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Good for Manchin, sticking up for his kid. :roll: Ms. Tanden was probably just sticking up for her kid when she made her comments about Manchin’s daughter.

My kid, allergic as the dickens to bee and wasp stings, went for two whole years carrying an expired epipen in his backpack because we couldn’t afford the $799 for one pen. I’d stick up for him by smacking Ms. Bresch upside the head given the opportunity.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kate520 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:31 pm Good for Manchin, sticking up for his kid. :roll: Ms. Tanden was probably just sticking up for her kid when she made her comments about Manchin’s daughter.

My kid, allergic as the dickens to bee and wasp stings, went for two whole years carrying an expired epipen in his backpack because we couldn’t afford the $799 for one pen. I’d stick up for him by smacking Ms. Bresch upside the head given the opportunity.
I carried an epi-pen for years. I never paid more than $40 for two of them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:mrgreen:

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:54 pm Is an Epipen not just an autojector for epinephrine?

I found an article the kind of answers where I was going with this.
So some people are turning to a more budget-friendly method of treatment that some paramedics have relied upon for a while: a traditional syringe and a vial of epinephrine.

The cost is about $20 – $15 for a syringe and $5 for a vial or two of the drug. Both can be purchased through local pharmacies if you have a doctor’s prescription.
I have heard of people who do this with insulin. My insulin is in a autojector like an EpiPPen and its pretty expensive, but its not too much different from plain old Novolin which is still under, if just, $100 a vial which is 1,000 units. Some people need 250 units a day, I only use 40 but there are at least 25 different types of insulin.

Anyhow, talk to your Doctor, but if you need an epipen and you or your children are old enough to use it from a vial, its a lot cheaper, apparently.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cheaper-ep ... rry-risks/
The problem with the epipen vs an injection is that someone going into anaphylactic shock doesn't usually have time to draw and administer a dose, and anyone else around them is most likely not trained to do that. The epipens were specifically designed so that anyone could recognize and use them.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Just picked up 2 epipens yesterday - $10. Getting ready for the vaccine. The pharmacist made me practice how to whip out the shot, pop the caps,and pretend slam it into my thigh. I was given 2 pens because sometimes when the epinephrine wears off in a few minutes, you need to have another shot - and call 911. Some people need an epinephrine via IV for hours and even days.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bored:

raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e-updates/
The White House plans to withdraw the nomination of Neera Tanden as director of the Office of Management and Budget as early as Tuesday evening, according to people familiar with the matter. Tanden was facing bipartisan opposition from senators due to past comments she made on her Twitter feed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... rce-biden/
Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo (D) won Senate confirmation Tuesday as the next U.S. commerce secretary, a post that will thrust her into some of the most contentious economic and security questions confronting the Biden administration.

The Senate easily approved her nomination by a vote of 84 to 15. She is expected to be sworn in Wednesday.

Raimondo, 49, a former venture capitalist who was reelected to her second term as Rhode Island’s chief executive in 2018, will assume command of a federal agency with sweeping responsibilities and an increasingly important portfolio. Long seen as simply a business-friendly outpost in Washington, the department in recent years emerged as an active player in President Donald Trump’s trade wars, while carrying out the decennial census and managing the nation’s weather-monitoring systems.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/01/politics ... index.html
CNN)Republican Sen. Josh Hawley has voted to confirm Cecilia Rouse as chair of the Council of Economic Advisers on Tuesday, breaking a streak of opposition to Joe Biden's Cabinet nominees.

Hawley's support came after he defended on Monday his prior record of not voting to advance any Biden Cabinet secretary nominees, insisting that he evaluates each pick individually.

"I take them one at a time, if there is someone I think will be good to Missouri, that I can defend to my voters, somebody who I think is going to be good for the job, I'll vote for them," Hawley told CNN's Manu Raju on Monday, pointing to his support of a deputy defense nominee who was confirmed by the chamber through a voice vote.

So far, 13 of Biden's 23 Cabinet-level nominees requiring Senate approval have been confirmed -- with Hawley having opposed each one until Rouse. While it's not at unusual for new presidents to run into trouble with some nominees, or even to see several potential Cabinet members fall, Hawley's uniform opposition was notable even in a bitterly divided Senate.
raison de arizona

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I just watched the end of the Senate session today. Schumer is scheduling the votes on Merrick Garland for AG and Marcia Fudge for HUD for Wednesday.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Reality Check wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:10 pm I just watched the end of the Senate session today. Schumer is scheduling the votes on Merrick Garland for AG and Marcia Fudge for HUD for Wednesday.
The two I want most to be confirmed are Haaland and Garland.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:07 pm The two I want most to be confirmed are Haaland and Garland.
Haaland's nomination advanced out of committee on Thursday so she may be up for a confirmation vote this week also.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
Merrick Garland, a longtime federal appeals court judge whose nomination to the Supreme Court Republicans famously refused to consider, was confirmed as President Biden’s attorney general Wednesday.

Senators voted 70-30 to approve Garland’s nomination. He will take over a Justice Department which saw its reputation battered as President Donald Trump sought to use its power to benefit his friends and hurt his enemies, and which is overseeing several high-profile cases that could be politically perilous.

As a judge, Garland earned a reputation as a moderate consensus builder, and Biden selected him because he was viewed as someone who could restore the Justice Department’s credibility and independence from the White House on criminal matters.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Simple majority or 2/3?
Simple majority or 2/3?
Simple majority or 2/3?
humanity.jpg (180.36 KiB) Viewed 7018 times
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:45 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
Merrick Garland, a longtime federal appeals court judge whose nomination to the Supreme Court Republicans famously refused to consider, was confirmed as President Biden’s attorney general Wednesday.

Senators voted 70-30 to approve Garland’s nomination. He will take over a Justice Department which saw its reputation battered as President Donald Trump sought to use its power to benefit his friends and hurt his enemies, and which is overseeing several high-profile cases that could be politically perilous.

As a judge, Garland earned a reputation as a moderate consensus builder, and Biden selected him because he was viewed as someone who could restore the Justice Department’s credibility and independence from the White House on criminal matters.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Cross posting.

Exclusive footage of AG Garland's arrival at DOJ
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

That laugh at the end.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Biden Administration”