Seven years ago today ...

Addie

Re: Seven years ago today ...

Post by Addie » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Me, too. I miss Piffle and Verbie a lot, too.
kate520 wrote:I miss Loh intensely, still, and many formerly active members who still lurk (hi Skeppie :blink: ) but I have high hopes some of the newbs will stick around and become beloved, also too.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Piffle has been posting lately. Go to his profile and click "search user's posts".

We also should take a moment to think about those of us who passed on: elliewyatt, Cornet67, and ducktape. All three were amazing, wonderful people. The world is a little poorer without them being here, and all of us who knew them truly miss them still.

Karma is a bitch." - Jomas Thefferson

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Roadie -- Now you can tell Addie how much you enjoyed her blog. Go ahead. We'll watch. :daydream:
I did, right from the name. A perfect reponse to the topic.

After all, how many blogs are heart-felt lamented when they retire?

Thank you Addie. Hope to see you at a meet-up some day! :blink:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:26 pm

I didn't show up until September 2009, but I'd been mocking birthers since before the 2008 election. I used to suss out the religious ones who were saying that GOD would make sure that Obama never became president because birfin', and ask them what they planned on doing on January 21, 2009 after Obama had been president for a day. *Crickets*. (Yes, I'm mean, but good grief, there were prophets and prophetesses going on about how Obama would never step foot in the White House and I just found that kind of crazy, well, *crazy*. )

However, I do have to take credit for getting A Legal Lohengrin here, because I was the one who turned him on to birthers. I still remember his "are you f***ing kidding me?" about the crazy, as mentioned above. (We've known each other for two decades.) Loh and I hang out on the same chat channel and occasionally I try to get him to post here more often.

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 pm

mmmirele, did you also post on Topix back in the day? That's where I met Loh, pre-Politijab.

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:24 pm

Addie wrote:Me, too. I miss Piffle and Verbie a lot, too.
kate520 wrote:I miss Loh intensely, still, and many formerly active members who still lurk (hi Skeppie :blink: ) but I have high hopes some of the newbs will stick around and become beloved, also too.
So is the wet tee-shirt contest postponed or what?

I was thinking of going into training.
Sekrit Stuffs!
I would go to war to defend Adelante's honor. And I don't go to war easily. :kiss:

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Dallasite wrote:mmmirele, did you also post on Topix back in the day? That's where I met Loh, pre-Politijab.
Nope, I honestly thought the election would shut people up. I didn't count on people like Orly and Rudy.

SuzieC

Post by SuzieC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:40 pm

This was my introduction in May 2012. I still feel the same and still enjoy the nutso birther cases more than anything. Hoping for more with Cruz birthers, to whom I've become converted.

"Hi everyone. I hope I'm introducing myself in the right place! My name is SuzieC and I am a retired lawyer, but still working part-time. I've been lurking here for a while, starting at about the time that Orly lost to the Empty Chair, whence I was led to this forum via Balloon Juice and Angry Black Lady. Shortly afterwards the Mississippi case began and I have been following it with avid interest. Truth be told, I miss complicated, gnarled Civil Procedure issues. That was my favorite part of practice. (In my case, in was not craptice!) Anyway, while reading along legal points kept occuring to me, so I thought I'd jump in. Also, I am a progressive Democrat and Obama supporter and I hate what the birfers and their far right wing supporters are trying to do.If you ever need a FB observer in the great State of Ohio I'm there."

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:01 pm

I'm glad to have found you all

I learn a lot and laugh a lot

One of the smartest forums around.

Thanks for having me

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:11 pm

Seven is a very lucky number -- just ask Pat Robertson, who uses it in his club name! -- and I feel lucky for having found this little home on the intertoobz.

:bunny:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:53 pm

:smoking: isolated yet bombarded by my father's ridiculous, hateful chainmails about OBummer, I found an intertube signal and TFB. I have also found some wonderful cyberfriends and a couple of future ex-husbands. Also, too, good recipes, excellent vicarious travel adventures, much needed laughs and the best advice and support in some truly difficult times.

I love you all dearly.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:21 am

I was bouncing around youtube channels debunking shit about Obama. And then I Found NBCs blog and say Advertising the Fogbow. SO I started reading here, and created an account so that I could see unread posts easier.

I have had some goods times and bad times here, but all in all I'm glad to be here.

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:52 am

7 years my ass. We deserve to see the vault copy of the birth certificate or this is all a fraud.

;)

Congrats Fogster.

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:30 am

The Fogbow is the best administered/moderated forum I've ever had the pleasure of frequenting. Spills on all the aisles are promptly cleaned up without undue drama and flame wars are extinguished before they heat up.

The moderators fairly represent the community's core values. (And yeah, I'm including you, raicha.)

Well done Dick Taters (OK, so there's actually only one dick tater) and Go Lighters!

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Seriously, though, I do appreciate that we've moved on to sovereign citizens and other whackjobs. And, as it turns out, I think we were pretty aware that the Hammond thing had the potential to blow up. I think we certainly know more about sovereign citizens as a group than just about anyone out there.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:47 pm

You see! :lovestruck:
Piffle wrote:Sekrit Stuffs!
I would go to war to defend Adelante's honor. And I don't go to war easily. :kiss:

¡Qué vergüenza!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:11 pm

mmmirele wrote:Seriously, though, I do appreciate that we've moved on to sovereign citizens and other whackjobs.
There were people who said we'd backbite each other to death and that the transition away from the birthers would destroy the forum. I didn't allow that to happen. I'm going to give myself a well-deserved pat on the back for that. :blink:

Just one, though. I don’t want my headbone to get all swole up like a melon. :nope:
And, as it turns out, I think we were pretty aware that the Hammond thing had the potential to blow up. I think we certainly know more about sovereign citizens as a group than just about anyone out there.
We knew more about the birthers than anyone. Now we know more about the SovCits. The people here are so smart, sometimes it's a little scary. Back in the day, there were a lot of people that made me think, "Whoa, I'm glad s/he's on our side, because if a birther was that smart, we'd be in REAL TROUBLE."

I never cease to be amazed. I learn something new here every dang day. I must have had some super duper karma to hook up with this group. :shock:

Karma is a bitch." - Jomas Thefferson

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:04 am

Foggy wrote:Back in the day, there were a lot of people that made me think, "Whoa, I'm glad s/he's on our side, because if a birther was that smart, we'd be in REAL TROUBLE."
If a birther were that smart they wouldn't be a birther.

Interesting side note: my iPad now accepts the word "birther" without attempting to autocorrect it, lol!

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Piskey

Post by Piskey » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:58 am

Happiest of birthdays to the Fogbow and congratulations to Foggy and all the Fogbow Folk

So glad I found this place.
. :lovestruck:

:happyfamily: :mbounce: :happyfamily: :mbounce:

:grouphug: :bar: :grouphug:

I baked a batch of World Peace Cookies and broke open the 2011 sloe gin to celebrate the occasion. If I weren't so incompetent I would post a photo
Maybe one day :lovestruck:

Highlands

Post by Highlands » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 pm

My 7 year Fogbow anniversary is in 3 weeks! :sterngard: My, how time flies.

:lovestruck:

If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:52 pm

:wave: Hi High! My 7 years will be on the Usurper's birthday (alleged).

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:20 am

Highlands wrote:My 7 year Fogbow anniversary is in 3 weeks! :sterngard: My, how time flies.

:lovestruck:
Congratulations Highlands. You have seniority by one day on me. :dance:

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Happy Anniversary everyone! I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. From reporting on the Usurpathon, to Terry Lakin's trial, to the wonderful meetups and lifelong friends I have made, it has been a hoot!

Plus I met the man I intend to spend the rest of my life with here. Pretty darn cool.

Now to start training for the wet t-shirt contest...

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:34 pm

I was another latecomer to the party. My profile shows that I joined in October. I knew nothing about birthing until some local nutjob started his nutjob birther spewisms in the local Salem Rag. Muckey and Dawg were there too, telling him he was FOS. Muckey told me about this place. That birther lived somewhere over near the 1000 foot radio tower that dispatch called me about one morning. A BASE jumper didn't do so well off that tower the night before. I don't think the jumper was the birther. Alas.

Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

Žluté vlasy se k oranžové tváři nehodí.

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:36 pm

I was a perennial lurker, the first couple of years.

Although my life is pretty predictable, The FogBow has provided me with experiences that are anything but. My first foray was stopping by the failed Senate candidate "debate" that Orly and another gadfly candidate had planned, in front of the Palm Springs Desert Sun office. And then there was the Court case in Pasadena where Orly stuffed all the donations from the Flying Monkeys, after another giant fail, into her bra. My favorite was going to Jackson, Mississippi to Judge Wingate's Court, the time Orly's luggage got lost and the judge's clerk let him know, because she'd obviously been following Orly on her webstye. As I recall, that is where the lawyer let slip the Buffoon reference to the "experts" Orly cited. (I've always thought that despite apologizing to the Court, he'd done it on purpose.) I got to meet Ms. Butterfly B. and Sugar M. there, and that alone made it worth the trip. Kindred spirits.

Happy, Happy to us all. I am looking forward to going to Baltimore, trying to make my schedule work, no matter what!

Return to “Announcements”