► ► The Evolution of Fogbow → → and a call for volunteers

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 am

In the beginning God created the birthers and the Obots.

And the Internet was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the Web. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the Web.

And God said, Let there be Politijab: and there was Politijab.

But that was a long time ago. Now we're Fogbow and Fogbow is changing rather quickly, in case you haven't been following current events.

Justin (who?)* was right. The birthers have become terminally boring, with a few exceptions like Jedi Pauly getting himself thrown in an immigration prison in London. We have bloggers who spent years blogging about the birthers. All of them have quit except Dr. Conspiracy, our scholar in residence. Even nbc has shifted over to the sovcits.

We are quickly transitioning to becoming a forum about the sovereign citizen movement (and general politics, of course). SovCit discussions are our most active discussions. Of the last 25 or more members who recently joined, ALL of them joined to discuss the SovCits. NONE have joined because they want to talk about the birther movement.

The birther movement is "Do not resuscitate."

It's dead, Jim.

Meanwhile, the Home Page Project is due for an update. The Wiki could use some work. Here's some news and a call for volunteers.

WordPress Home Page, Not concrete5

When I created the Home Page Project ("HPP"), I used a CMS (content management system) called concrete5. Huge mistake. Oops. :oops: ?( For those who weren't here at the time, about 90% or more of the content on the HPP was written by Whatever4. She can't log in anymore and I can't fix it. I've tried everything. Meanwhile, some of the links have changed. A lot of things have happened that haven't been documented. The HPP needs serious help.

Since the creation of the HPP, I've become quite proficient at using -- and designing websites with -- WordPress. The future of the HPP is WordPress, and I've already begun work on that.

Here's a link to visit the new WordPress site. We'll need to copy all the articles and special reports and whatnot to the new site, and then re-import all the graphics, and then make sure all the links work, and then write a lot of new content to catch up with current events, and so forth.

It's a big job, Bob. Can we do it? Yes, we can!

However, Whatever4 is otherwise occupied right now and for the next few weeks at least. So am I, for that matter -- my wife and I are health insurance agents, enrolling people in health insurance using the Marketplace of the new Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as ObamaCare. The next open enrollment period is November 15 to February 15, and we expect to make about 75 to 80% of our yearly income in those 92 days. We have a new phone system. I've built a new website. We're marketing like crazy people. I'll be spending less and less time on Fogbow, as the megastorm closes in on us.

However, one of these days the new WordPress site will be ready for prime time, and then I'll simply replace the old concrete5 HPP.

New Material Needed

If we're going to be a website full of people who follow the sovereign citizen movement -- and we are -- then we should have more documentation available about that movement.

Politijab (and now Fogbow) has never been a community just for following the birther movement and mocking the birthers. We've also been a serious resource for both law enforcement and the media to learn more about the birther movement. Realist, our moderator who has been here since Day One, wrote about that recently, recalling the things we did to alert law enforcement to the American [Fake] Grand Jury nonsense. Over the years, several reporters have joined our community while preparing stories about the birthers. Just this summer, a district attorney in Tennessee called in to R.C. Radio to thank us for being a resource full of useful information about birther Walter Fitzpatrick.

We should be doing the same thing with respect to the SovCit movement. I have created a menu item for SovCits on the new HPP, but as you can see for yourself there's nothing in it. I think we should have some material about the history of the movement, discussions of the people who participate in it, and so forth. Doesn't have to be a comprehensive scholarly dissertation worthy of publication by an esteemed academic institution. Does have to be a good resource for journalists and law enforcement people who are new to the subject.

I don't even know how to deal with the overlap between the birther movement and the sovereign citizen movement. Many people believe in both. The belief systems and the modes of thought in both are eerily similar at times. That has to be a part of this project too.

The world is changing. Our community is changing. The HPP needs to change right along with them. This is something I've neglected but it must be done.

Call for Volunteers

Whatever4, even after her mom passes and she returns to Belize City, can't do all of this alone. She, however, will be the coordinator and organizer, just as she was for the two Special Reports following Sheriff Arpaio's two birther press conferences. She's a gifted intellect with great judgment and (ordinarily) the free time that is necessary for a job of this magnitude. I know that about 50 people on this forum have been lucky enough to meet her in person, so I have plenty of witnesses to all of that.

I'm calling for volunteers, and especially those of you who have joined recently because of your interest in the SovCits. I hope you will help to build Fogbow into the resource it should be.

Thank you for your support.

* Justin and Brian were the founders of Politijab, and Justin used to tell us the birther movement was dead ... in 2010. So he was right, but it took three years before he was right. :lol:

Karma is a bitch." - Jomas Thefferson

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:37 am

Let me know what I can do :wave:

¡Qué vergüenza!

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:45 am

I've got a little time on my hands. Never worked Word Press, however I can research and am still trainable.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:58 am

I got a video for that. Very comprehensive.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:59 am

Let me know what I can do :wave:

Umm, you can write, Addy. You can write better than I can, is what you can do. :D

We can start writing, and then when W4 gets the chance she can step in and organize it all.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:05 am

Hokay, tell me what to write about and I will. I'm going to be unavailable the month of November, but before and after is good for me, Fogs.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:40 am

I can help.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:50 am

:shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :grouphug:

Yeah, I got 15 shoe boxes of unlabeled photographs, some dating back to WWI, and a mom on borrowed time. Having an awesome-ish time, though.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:19 am

Foggy and I have briefly discussed my role in expanding the wiki to include sovcit content. i'm committed to doing that, hopefully with the help of others.

After redesigning the wiki's home page a bit to accommodate both birther and sovcit topics, my plan is to initially seed the wiki with sovcit-related articles from Wikipedia and RationalWiki, as both offer most of their content for free use under a Creative Commons license. Each of these seeded articles would include an attribution to the original source(s).

We then can customize the articles with the details we know that aren't in those original articles, add links between articles, and link to or quote stuff from the forum. Of course, we can and will create new articles for things or people not covered by those wikis, such as the NLA, Rod Class and John Darash*.

Does this sound like a workable plan?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:27 am

Doesn't Quatloos have a big library of this stuff? Would it be useful to work with this guy? (Maybe you are this guy.)

And the ADL has given us a now very out-of-date publication which collected all the lunatic cases as of August 1999.

Edit: And let us not forget Associate Chief Justice Rooke's reasons for decision in Meads v. Meads, 2012 ABQB 571.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:40 am

I could help assist with the regular birther stuff and organization at least for the next two weeks. I haven't followed the SovCit movement as much as you guys have. I suppose there should be a whole section on Cliven Bundy as well considering his hub bub a few months back.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:58 am

Doesn't Quatloos have a big library of this stuff? Would it be useful to work with this guy? (Maybe you are this guy.)

And the ADL has given us a now very out-of-date publication which collected all the lunatic cases as of August 1999.

Edit: And let us not forget Associate Chief Justice Rooke's reasons for decision in Meads v. Meads, 2012 ABQB 571.

I don't think that guy (who is not me) ever got a host for his stuff. We could be that host. :P

That guy is also the author of that old ADL website.

Yes, Means v. Meads is now a classic. It's targeted at a Canadian audience, but much of it is the same as U.S. sovcit nuttery. We now have a U.S. version, after the Illinois judge wrote a much smaller memo on sovcits. (It's the memo I cross-posted a couple days ago.)

Also, another good source is this tax-protester FAQ, which has many arguments used by sovcits in non-tax situations:

evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:04 pm

I suppose we're going to need to make a sovcit gallery like we had with the birther gallery as well

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:08 pm

I suppose we're going to need to make a sovcit gallery like we had with the birther gallery as well

There should be plenty of mug shots available.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Hokay, tell me what to write about and I will. I'm going to be unavailable the month of November, but before and after is good for me, Fogs.

NaNo?

Count me in Foggy. Point me somewhere and tell me what.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 pm

We originally had a birther gallery so that we could figure out who was appearing at these multi-million person marches and rallies and at Taitz's court appearances. Do we need the same for SovCits?

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:18 pm

NaYes

NaNo?

¡Qué vergüenza!

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Stern, these guys are seemingly several levels more dangerous than birthers. I believe it would be a good thing to keep track of faces and names. They could be as toothless as birthers...but I don't think so.

These guys seem to fade away during 'Thug administrations. I don't remember a whole lot of junk happening while the Daddy and Baby Bushes were Presidenting.

How far back are we planning to go with SovCitory? Are they heirs to The Birchers or the Montana Freemen or Aryan Nation or have they spun off into something else?

Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:30 pm

If we start concentrating on these SovCits (and they are much more interesting than the remaining birthers) then we should change the site's slogan to something like "Lunacy unchallenged only festers and grows."

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:32 pm

:shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :grouphug:

Yeah, I got 15 shoe boxes of unlabeled photographs, some dating back to WWI, and a mom on borrowed time. Having an awesome-ish time, though.

(((W4)))

Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm going to be slammed at work through Thanksgiving, but should have lots of free time over the holidays; just let me know what I can do.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Yes. Booking photos of those convicted of Sovshit activities. These folks may be toward the end of their sentences, not sure. The other thing is, for me, that many organizations and websites promote Sovshit ideals, and they overlap. Some promote filing documents, some passports and relinquishing citizenship. It is a huge willy hilly mess out there. Tea Party nuts drift into Sovshit. Militias. End-timers. Survivalists. My gawd, how can this all be sorted out?
Edit: Attachmentpalooza deleted.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Stern, these guys are seemingly several levels more dangerous than birthers. I believe it would be a good thing to keep track of faces and names. They could be as toothless as birthers...but I don't think so.

These guys seem to fade away during 'Thug administrations. I don't remember a whole lot of junk happening while the Daddy and Baby Bushes were Presidenting.

How far back are we planning to go with SovCitory? Are they heirs to The Birchers or the Montana Freemen or Aryan Nation or have they spun off into something else?

This is the origin of much sovcit nuttery:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Com ... anization)

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm going to be slammed at work through Thanksgiving, but should have lots of free time over the holidays; just let me know what I can do.

Good. I was counting on you and Slim Cognito. :D

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:31 pm

This looks like a good history and overview:

[deleted]

Return to “Announcements”