Questions and Suggestions about Fogbow (consolidated)

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Serenity Purple ain't purple enuf!!!!!!

:evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: :(( \ :D / :^oWalk it off. No wonder you got baned from the Solar System. [-X

I hereby hijack this post for a checklist of what bug fixes and improvements I'm gonna make, just to reminder myself.

[x] Add links to the top and bottom of every page to View active topics, View new posts, the existing chat room (but see below) and to PJ's View active topics.

[x] Work on improving the home page.

[x] Implement PayPal buttons for contributions and subscriptions.

[x] Implement a new chat room with all the Fogbow members in the database. No more showing up in gray with parentheses around your names. You will need to use your passwords when I get this done, unlike the current chat room where using your password will keep you out. This item will keep until most of you have joined/posted, so nobody gets left out of the user database.

[ ] Investigate problem of people being logged out involuntarily. You ARE clicking the little checkbox that says "Log me in automatically," aren't you?

[x] A few members are still having trouble with logging in ... bad usernames, passwords not working, etc. The whole forum is "read only access" for guests, so if you read this but can't log in, send me a PM on Politijab.

[x] Change the link on the graphic at the top of the page to go to the home page.

[ ] "Cafe" area for discussing cats and other varmints and such. :shock:

[ ] Hook up with The Time Machine for archiving.

Sekrit Stuffs!
:twisted: Hey!!! Gimme back my post!!!

Ya consarned cockadoodledoo!!! :evil:

Sekrit Stuffs!
Oh, walk it off.
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Smithereens

Post by Smithereens »

Hey!! Is Fogbow a time machine too? Who inserted that old Feb, 2010 post of mine in there? It Wasn't Me!

And all the dates before that post are now in February too. I'm getting old - it's hard enough to remember what the date is, and now I'm having flashbacks.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Yes! I have the same oddball characters. I was afraid I'd "done a Foggy" on MY computer!I don't know if it helps, but the apostrophes show up correctly on my machine. It must be something about the character set installed in the browser. This is Firefox 3.6X on Windows 7.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

I'm sure "View Active Topics" is in the works to be available on every page, and including at bottom... 8>

Smithereens

Post by Smithereens »

Yes! I have the same oddball characters. I was afraid I'd "done a Foggy" on MY computer!I don't know if it helps, but the apostrophes show up correctly on my machine. It must be something about the character set installed in the browser. This is Firefox 3.6X on Windows 7.Actually this is an old PJ thread that PD rejuvenated today. The character set problem is an old problem that may now be fixed in Fogbow. At least until someone pastes a quote from some misconfigured website.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Actually this is an old PJ thread that PD rejuvenated today. The character set problem is an old problem that may now be fixed in Fogbow. At least until someone pastes a quote from some misconfigured website.Wakin' the dead is one of my specialties! :mrgreen:

Addie

Post by Addie »

Every time I click from here into PJ, even though I have the box checked in Fogbow's user control panel to automatically log me in, I am being logged out and not logged back in on return. Can this be fixed? Thank you.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Curious Blue

Post by Curious Blue »

How are you going to PJ & back? (I don't have a similar problem, but I have both Fogbow & PJ open in different tabs - - not following any links)

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

I'm not having that issue. What browser are you using, Addy?

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

How are you going to PJ & back? (I don't have a similar problem, but I have both Fogbow & PJ open in different tabs - - not following any links)So try following the links and see if you have it.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Clicking the links. On Firefox.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I don't know what's causing that, but I'll put it on my list of things to check out/fix.
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Curious Blue

Post by Curious Blue »

I didn't have that problem when following links -- I clicked on the "view active topics in PJ" link from this site, and then used the link there back to Fogbow & am still logged. in. Using Chrome.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Do you do the same auto-login at PJ? Is that unaffected?I can't replicate this problem. Have you tried a fresh-start of your web browser?....If that doesn't help, in Firefox, go to Tools/Options, Privacy Tab. Click 'remove individual cookies'. Type 'fogbow' in the search. Highlight and remove all cookies for 'thefogbow.com' -- there will be 6-8 or so. Then try logging at thefogbow again. This should fix your cookies if they are somehow screwed up.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Then it must be my browser, CB. Thanks. I'll try another.

xKat

Post by xKat »

The automatic login at PJ hasn't worked for me for almost a year, but only on my home laptop. It started after an update to one of my Firefox add-ons and I've never been able to get it to work again. My name and password are saved so it isn't a big deal to login each time I visit, but it is annoying to have that extra step. I have Firefox at work, with the same add-ons, but the auto login works fine there. If you find a solution let me know. So far the auto login works here.
If we amplify everything,
we hear nothing.

Jon Stewart
10/30/2010

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Then it must be my browser, CB. Thanks. I'll try another.I'm also using Firefox (ver 3.6.10) and no problem noted. So I don't know that it's yours either. I'm on Windows XP SP2 if that makes any dif.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Works fine on Chrome.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Works fine on Chrome.I added to my post. Try it and see if it solves your issue.http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 32#p176132

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

The automatic login at PJ hasn't worked for me for almost a year, but only on my home laptop. It started after an update to one of my Firefox add-ons and I've never been able to get it to work again. My name and password are saved so it isn't a big deal to login each time I visit, but it is annoying to have that extra step. I have Firefox at work, with the same add-ons, but the auto login works fine there. If you find a solution let me know. So far the auto login works here.I have to relog on at beginning of day but that's because of either Malawarebytes or Superantispyware killing off my loginsafter their daily runs...if I could fix that, I would but I'm fine once in for the day.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Neon's solution worked \ :D / If that doesn't help, in Firefox, go to Tools/Options, Privacy Tab. Click 'remove individual cookies'. Type 'fogbow' in the search. Highlight and remove all cookies for 'thefogbow.com' -- there will be 6-8 or so. Then try logging at thefogbow again. This should fix your cookies if they are somehow screwed up.

Smithereens

Post by Smithereens »

Everything working normally here too.When I click on the Politjab icon to return to PJ, the site comes right up, after waiting a couple minutes... :roll:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I set the chat room link and the PJ link at the top of every page to open a new tab (or window, depending on your browser settings). I can fiddle with forums. I can't fix your browser settings. 8>
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I set the chat room link and the PJ link at the top of every page to open a new tab (or window, depending on your browser settings). Great. Much easier to navigate.Thanks.

Return to “Announcements”