~» > HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY (woot) <«~

Maybenaut

Re: ~» > TENTH ANNIVERSARY (woot) JAN. 23rd, 2019 <«~

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm
I arrived via Oregonian online during the Bundy saga at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. I knew RVInit from there. I’m happy to still be here and what a ride it’s been!
See, that's what's so great about this place. People come here because they're drawn by their interest in the discussion of a particular event. Some leave when the event is played out, but others hang around because they've found like-minded souls and there's always another event. I'm not going anywhere. *sniff* I love you guys! *sniff* :bighug:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm
I arrived via Oregonian online during the Bundy saga at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. I knew RVInit from there. I’m happy to still be here and what a ride it’s been!
See, that's what's so great about this place. People come here because they're drawn by their interest in the discussion of a particular event. Some leave when the event is played out, but others hang around because they've found like-minded souls and there's always another event. I'm not going anywhere. *sniff* I love you guys! *sniff* :bighug:
:bighug: :lovestruck:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 pm

To quote an earlier post of mine in the "Travelling" thread:
In early 2009 I had become a fan of OFGS and Bad Fiction, which lead to a place called PolitiJab. You had to join to post, and after lurking for a couple of months I took the plunge and joined in August of 2009.
Thanks Foggy!!
:bighug: :bighug: :-D

Danraft

Post by Danraft » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:37 pm

Once I found this site 2010-ish I lurked regularly. Lordy, it could have been earlier as I remember still going onto Myspace although Facebook had taken over.

It was smart and humorous and and I lurked until 2012 and the drama of elections and Breitbart dying, etc.
I'd see the meet-ups but they never matched a hole in my schedule.
Undoubtedly my favorite group and site.
The Mercury Project

Michael J

Post by Michael J » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:45 am

I discovered The Fogbow after finding out about batshit crazy Orly Taitz. I could NOT believe what this real estate agent/dentist/so-called "lawyer" :point: was trying to pull.

Although I'm not a frequent contributor I have learned a great deal here. I'm honored, and quite humbled, to be a part of this wonderful group.

:thumbs: :lovestruck:
"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." - Justice William J. Brennan, Jr.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:57 am

I was brought to TFB by SueDB :crying: and Realist, chiefly, I think, because I drove them crazy on Twitter asking them to explain some court doc or court proceeding in the Oregon standoff trials. In 140 characters.

I lurked for a bit because I'm leary of joining online groups, but I became desperate to see the documents themselves. I even begged Foggy to let me view the documents before I had posted the obligatory number of comments. And he obliged. :thumbs: Now I'm a document fiend. I read them obsessively, if with little understanding. I prey on all the IAALs on TFB to explain to me what I've just read. And they all, each and every one, graciously indulge me. :grouphug:

The only other blog on which I very occasionally drop comments is emptywheel.net. If you think :sterngard: was sometimes intimidating, I invite you to make a less-than-intelligent comment on emptywheel.net. :cantlook: Over there, I am ever sporting :bag:. It's a tough crowd, as unlike my kind and gentle Fogbow friends as can be.

The Fogbow is my online home. Thank you so much, Foggy.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:24 am

My intro back in the days, and like many others found PJ thru the promotion on Addies blog
RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:50 am
Hello to everyone

As I intend to drop a message or two in the future, it's time to introduce myself after lurking for a month on this board.

I am Swiss, IANAL, and usually hang out on some fora at Delphiforums. One of my main pits is rather right wing with some equally fundamentalistic religious orientation. Makes for an interesting mix with some agnostics/atheists like me thrown in. With the last POTUS elections and Obama winning them, the forum host has some bad times and started to use WND and the birther stuff to raise the bloodpreasure of his posting members. I got interested in this crazy movement too, in the sense of the observer of an ongoing train crash. I guess by googling I stumbled over OFGS and very much liked the daily birther digest presented by Adelante -- Thanks! btw.Adelantes promotion of PolitiJab finally led me to your community.

As mentioned, I will mainly be interesting reader, but may at times drop a comment. I guess I will also like to ask the lawyers in this community to enlight me at times on procedures and details of the US law system. Thanks in advance for helping understanding more of the differences to our European system.
yeah - I had to reformat the post cause formatting did not survive the several transformations thru various forum software migrations

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:24 am
My intro back in the days, and like many others found PJ thru the promotion on Addies blog
RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:50 am
Hello to everyone
:snippity:
As I intend to drop a message or two in the future, it's time to introduce myself after lurking for a month on this board.
:snippity:
As mentioned, I will mainly be interesting reader, but may at times drop a comment.
RTH10260 :: Posts: 18,521
Got pulled right in here, didn't you? :thumbs:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 am

For me, it was Pat's Bad Fiction and Doc Conspiracy that led me to what was then Politijab. This July will be my 10th here.

:bighug: As Mike suggested, here's a toast to all our great members, present and absent. :bighug:

Plus, also, thank you Foggy, for keeping our crazy little playpen going! :kiss:

realist

Post by realist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:08 am

:-
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 am

:rotflmao:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

realist

Post by realist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:33 am

Foggy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 am
:rotflmao:
:mrgreen:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:34 am

I started on Dr. C’s and moved to BadFiction; it took a while for whatever reason to migrate from there to TFB. Living in DC at the time you’d see birther articles more often than in many other places, so it was a fascination of mine.

Going to the White House on a chilly January 20th, 2013 (which wasn’t Inauguration Day as it was a Sunday) as BOTG and hearing the crazy from Orly (who had a bunch of handwritten posters in her trademark “I’m running out of space and so I have to scrunch the words tighter and tighter as I get to the bottom of my sign” style) face to face was truly amazing, and there were a handful of other birthers there as well (Cao? It’s been so long). I still keep the picture I took of Orly that day on my phone, as like “This really did happen, and I was there for it.”

Little did I know we’d have an order of magnitude more crazy going on regarding government just five years later.

Cheers and congratulations!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 am

I joined Sat Mar 02, 2013 at 5:44 pm. I had been following a case of Orly's via the news but ther news lost interest in her and I couldn't find out how it ended. Searching took me to Dr. C's and from there I found the The Fogbow.

My avatar is the character Prince Andrei Nikolayevich Volkonski as portrayed in Sergei Bondarchuk's film version of War and Peace. The DVD of that film was sitting on the shelf of my computer desk when I had to come up with an avatar. It is still sitting in the same place. I probably should get around to putting it away. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 am

I came during the refuge occupation and Portland trials. I loved commenting on the OLive threads, but it was so difficult to keep a discussion going on certain topics, especially when the mods were constantly zapping people for no reason. I've stayed for my sanity as a place to discuss the current admin nuttery.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am

Kendra wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 am
I came during the refuge occupation and Portland trials. I loved commenting on the OLive threads, but it was so difficult to keep a discussion going on certain topics, especially when the mods were constantly zapping people for no reason. I've stayed for my sanity as a place to discuss the current admin nuttery.
I was newfilly on OLive. I remembers you from there!
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:46 am

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am
Kendra wrote:
Yep, I remember you too. There was good snark to be had there.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 am

I followed Foggy from the local newpaper's anti-shrubbery discussion to a local mad house to PJ to here. Known him since 2001 or so.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:46 am
Kendra wrote:
I remember both of you from OLive! :bighug: Those were fun times, but I really love TFB. Sometimes I still visit OLive, but not very often as time goes by.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:56 pm

RVInit wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Kendra wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:46 am

I remember both of you from OLive! :bighug: Those were fun times, but I really love TFB. Sometimes I still visit OLive, but not very often as time goes by.
:bighug:

Those were good times. :bighug:

HilltownGrrl
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Post by HilltownGrrl » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm another of the newbies who found Fogbow through Twitter, Realist, the Bundy's, & Malheur. I kept seeing "I read on Fogbow..." comments on the Twitter Bundy feed & lurked very heavily. I finally got tired of not being able to see images or read hidden posts & finally registered & have found my online home.

You guys, along with Randy Rainbow, keep me sane. I'm so grateful for the lack of drama, for the humor, & for the deep knowledge on so many topics. I love this place.

Thank you so much for building a home for us, Foggy! Here's to at least another decade!!

PS I remember Politjab & I know I lurked & read there but it never became home the way Firedoglake, Daily Kos & Balloon Juice (once John Cole started being pissed off at 43) did. I had no idea so many of you were there or that that's where Fogbow came from. Thanks for the history lesson, Foggy!

ETA - Volkonski I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that your avatar isn't really you. All these years, I've been picturing "you" on the North Fork out & about with the Mrs. & to find out I've been wrong? It's devastating. :rotflmao:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:23 pm

HilltownGrrl wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

ETA - Volkonski I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that your avatar isn't really you. All these years, I've been picturing "you" on the North Fork out & about with the Mrs. & to find out I've been wrong? It's devastating. :rotflmao:
I’ve met him in person. He actually looks very much like his avatar.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:23 pm
HilltownGrrl wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

I’ve met him in person. He actually looks very much like his avatar.
Er..., thanks Maybenaut but perhaps you need to see an optometrist. ;)

( :( I look more like General Kutuzov than Andrei Volkonski.
Image :-D )
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

HilltownGrrl
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Post by HilltownGrrl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:17 am

Maybenaut & Volkonski -

This exchange is one of the reasons I love it here so much. Thanks for a laugh to start my day!

Danraft

Post by Danraft » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:31 pm

In my Twitterverse wanderings, I came across an early Fogbower whe was here with her father and said it started with PJ.

Sugaree and Cornet67

She is Sugaree on Twitter.
The Mercury Project

Return to “Announcements”