~» > HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY (woot) <«~

Foggy

~» > HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY (woot) <«~

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,

On Inauguration Day 2009, there were 8 "Obots" (Obama supporters) on a birther forum called Obamahub. That night one of the birther admins who had seriously thought Obama would never take office (a lady from Chicago named Charlene), completely lost her mud and began viciously attacking our little group. The next day, Jan. 21, they permanently closed that forum, but not before we managed to exchange email addresses. :mrgreen:

The day after that, Jan. 22, two of us (Brian and Justin, who were friends living in Pittsburgh) bought the domain name Politijab and set up a new forum for Obots. :thumbs:

On Jan. 23, Brian and Justin announced that PJ was open, and I thought maybe there were 15 people on the planet who actually knew about the birther movement and wanted to oppose it. Instead, dozens and dozens of people joined, from all over the world.

More than a year and a half later, both Brian and Justin had tired of following the birthers, and one of the admins :- formed a new site with the same community called Fogbow. Justin generously allowed me to copy the database so that we had all the anti-birther posts from PJ. We also had all the same usernames and passwords, so the transition was seamless.

Same community, same content, different name.

On Jan. 23 (next Wednesday) this community will be officially TEN YEARS OLD.

And we are going to PARTY LIKE IT'S 2009. :happyfamily:

Potluck, BYOB, there will not be 1,000 hamberders. :fingerwag:

More will be revealed.

I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: ~» > TENTH ANNIVERSARY (woot) JAN. 23rd, 2019 <«~

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:38 pm

th (6).jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:48 pm

The best part of that transition was how the birfers absolutely lost their mud over the "illegal copying" of the PJ database.

We were all supposedly outraged that our private, personal information and precious bodily fluids had been hijacked by Foggy in violation of federal law. We were in disarray and many if us had complained to the FBI!

Foggy was headed to jail and the Fogbow was going to be shut down any. Day. Now.

It was awesome and hilarious. IIRC, Corsi was especially frothing at the mouth.

Good times.

Image Image Image Image Image

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:50 pm

I have reached out to Brian and Justin, and I'm hoping they'll rejoin us for the day. :bighug:

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:38 pm
th (6).jpeg
Lift a glass for the good times and the bad that we've shared. And to our absent friends.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 pm

I’ll be in The Lounge with a cleaning crew plowing out the pizza crusts and stale popcorn for a few days. HOW DID IT GET SO BAD in there?!

Someone needs to drain the Virtual Drunk Tank. That place is even worse. :crying:

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 pm

It's hard to believe that prior to the start of Politijab there was no dedicated forum other than Doctor Conspiracy's blog* for anti-Birthers to post without being moderated. I was never on Obamahub. A group of us commented on the Right Side of Life birther blog run by Phil from Georgia. Phil somewhat tolerated anti-Birthers but still held comments in moderation. I found PJ from a link someone posted on RSOL. I joined within the first month. Now the Fogbow is the only place left.

*Patrick McKinion's Bad Fiction, NBC's Native and Natural Born Citizenship Explored, and and Addie's Oh For Goodness Sakes blogs might have started before PJ. I don't recall.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:06 pm

I found (and adored) Oh For Goodness Sakes first. FWIW.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:06 pm
Me, too.

And it's Jack Ryan's fault that I set up an account here - I wasn't looking for a discussion forum. I was looking for the Orly transcripts.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:21 pm

I haven't been around here that long, almost two years, but I remember Politijab. I was very active on another forum that started before the election when Palin came onto the national stage. We had people post links from Politijab, so I was on the site, but never a member. I think I knew the guys were from Pittsburgh, too.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:29 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I wanted to rename it OFFS :mrgreen:

Dunno why I resisted PJ so long. I found Addie first then Pat then PJ weeks later.

Still here, still the best community around. Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

I have met Mr&Mrs Dr Conspracy and adore them both. I hope they will join us.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:04 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Me, too. I may have told this story before, but here it is again:

My son, an officer in the Army whose obligation was almost up but was very concerned about being stop-lossed, called me and said, "I heard about this Army guy who's suing Obama so he doesn't have to deploy because [insert birther BS about unlawful orders here]. Is that something I should be getting excited about?" My response was, "I don't even have to research this. The de facto officer doctrine is a thing. Even if Obama's not the legitimate President ( :roll: ), your orders are still valid. So forget this nonsense and go do your job."

But I really was curious because I wanted to know more about the Army dumb-ass who was about to get court-martialed. It was MAJ Stefan Cook. That's when I first found OFGS, then Politijab and read all about Orly Taitz. I lurked for a really long time, but then had to join when Rikker posted the BOTG report from the Rivernider hearing. :-o :shock: :eek2: :sick: :rotflmao: The BOTG report* was hidden, but I had to see what everyone was in such stitches over. So I joined, got a good chuckle, then kinda forgot about Politijab and the Birthers.

Then Connie Rhodes and Terry Lakin came along. It had been a really long time since I was on Politijab and I looked for it and found TFB instead. I still lurked, but read TFB every single day. Looking back I can't believe I lurked through the whole Connie Rhodes and Terry Lakin cases, but I did. I was stoopid.

Anyhoo, I finally de-lurked in November of 2012 (Orly Taitz complaining about being unable to get a court-reporter was just too much for me to let go un-commented upon), and I've been active ever since. I've been to four official Fogbow meetups (DC, Philly, Baltimore, Maine), and I've met up with members informally on a number of occasions who have become true friends in real, actual life.

I love this place! Thanks, Foggy, for all you do for us!

*Unfortunately, I don't think it is available any longer. But it was the funniest thing I've read on the intertoobs in many, many years.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Are we expected to do an aging post with first avatar and current one?

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Oh that brings back memories.
I had no avatar when I joined. Before my first meetup we were planning things with Tes who lived in Phoenix then. In the general course of things she asked why I didn’t have one. My only other online handle at the time was Mommibrain. It came from the time I put my shoes in the fridge and the milk on the closet floor, being sleep deprived.

Tes had canvas shopping bags printed for us all with our avatars. Inside we’re goody bag things like pairs of fake eyelashes (in estiveo’s cartoons, they were /s/ and /s/- Orly’s spiders), and I’ve forgotten the rest.

She made me an avatar: An old fashioned fridge with a pair of sneakers inside. :lovestruck:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Tes had canvas shopping bags printed for us all with our avatars.
I use mine for a gym bag, four times a week. :thumbs:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:58 pm

/s & /s were verbie's creations.

And I still use my FEMA Camp 17 canvas tote from the first meet-up at Stern's howse. It carries my reusable shopping bags and I often get asked about FEMA Camp 17 by other shoppers at Nob Hill Foods, where the coastal elite buy their meat.

Image Image Image Image Image

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:02 pm

I remember being invited to join after participating in the commentaries section of the online Salem, Oregon rag. There was a local birther that Muckey, Pluto and I were arguing with. Muckey told me about PJ. I don’t know where Muckey found PJ. Ten years? Time flies.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Can't believe I joined in 2010 not too long after the launch. I could sworn I waited a year to join after being recommended to it from doc cs. If there's another meetup this year I wouldn't mind. Philly was fun

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:27 pm

I'm one of the newbs, but you old-timers party on ;)

:fiesta:

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 pm

I like to remember the fantastic people who are no longer here for whatever reason. One of them is Allison. She was a fantastic attorney. I never knew where she worked but her legal writings on the Birther cases were terrific. She used to call into RC Radio too. I recall that birther Sharon Meroni joined here and asked for a critique on her complaint against the Illinois SBOE. Allison responded with a brutal and bloody red-lined version of the document. Sharon never asked for comments again. :lol:

PS: There is a segment of RC Radio where Allison and Stern were discussing Orly Taitz after one of the hearings in the Barnett case in the SDCA. Allison bet Stern a magnum of champagne that Taitz would never be disbarred. I wonder if Allison ever collected on that bet?

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

CJ Roberts

Post by CJ Roberts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 pm

2009 and 2010 were great. Trolling birther sites under the name kukaniloko. Making calls to Phil Berg, Orly Taitz, and Ed Hale to help stoke the East Coast v. West Coast birfer wars. Debating some Wal-Mart clerk on natural born citizenship with Ed Hale moderating. Being the only one on the American Grand Juries to vote no to indicting President Obama (trolled hard in the secret AGJ forums, complaining that I didn't have to submit ANY birth certificate, much less a long-form one to serve as a Grand Juror). Witnessing a sekrit operation that perhaps has not been fully disclosed. Remembering when :geezertowel: was new and under surveillance ordered by Soros. Endless Sorosbucks and other perks. Probably forgetting at least a half dozen other capers.

You're the kind of lawyer guilty people hire.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

I am going through the "gasp" sports pick 'ems records and we started that in 2010. This coming year will be the 10th for them. Started with 6 folks picking NFL games and 7 college.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Foggy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:34 pm
On Jan. 23 (next Wednesday) this community will be officially TEN YEARS OLD.
I started with Weigel's column and moved to Doc's place, Tes's wonderful info, and also on to NBC's and lurking at PJ. I finally delurked and joined PJ, according to my profile, exactly one year after PJ's birth. I guess next year, I will be Northland20. OMG.

I forgot to be horrified that my info was transferred from PJ to TFB. Sorry for slacking.

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Happy Anniversary! I didn’t realize that OFGS was Addie’s blog. Loved that blog. I came here via Dr. Conspiracy. I miss that site.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm

I arrived via Oregonian online during the Bundy saga at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. I knew RVInit from there. I’m happy to still be here and what a ride it’s been!

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Return to “Announcements”