Re: Rest In Peace - Friends of TheFogbow

Post by Kendra » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Dolly wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:06 pm
Cross posting from the " Vic is here and so is his brother" thread

R.I.P Vic
RetiredHydro wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:48 am
I am sad to say that Vic passed away early this morning. I was with him as he took his last breath and am glad that his passing was without pain or discomfort. He had a remarkable life and he was a wonderful brother. There will be a memorial at his house in Chatsworth, probably in a month or so. I'll post details about the memorial later, and all are invited.

Barry
:crying:

Thanks Dolly, I had not been following that thread.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:54 am

I've been struggling trying to find the right words and just cannot so instead decided to post two instances that show why I will miss my friend, Vic.

Vic was a kind and gentle man who I never saw be cross with any Fogbow member. While I did not have the honor of meeting Vic in person we PM'd each other often and talked at length twice on the phone this Spring. Towards the end of our first chat, Vic stopped abruptly and said that he wished we had met much earlier because he could see us as lifelong friends. That caught me off guard at the time, but upon reflection, it explained a lot about the man Vic was. Damned, it is hard using past tense. :brokenheart:

A second instance was a series of posts in the aging thread. Vic was back in the hospital and I decided to gently tease that someone should bring Gracie for a visit. After Vic's reply, Sugar Magnolia's insight regarding Vic was spot on!
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 pm
vic wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm
Mr. Gneiss wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 pm
I wish there was a way for your brother to sneak Gracie in for a visit or three. Or maybe you can plot with your nephew to get that visit from Gracie. Hospitals are boring and lonely places.
I’m sort of moving in the opposite direction. I’ve suggested that my brother take Gracie to San Diego so that she has the companionship of my brother and his family and also their cat, cheddar.
This brought me to tears. It says a lot about who you are that you're more concerned about your cat than yourself right now. Being ill, chronically or critically, can fuck with your humanity on many levels but it doesn't look like you have anything to worry about on that front.
:snippity:
I'm sure that Gracie will have Barry and his family fully trained in short order. As for Cheddar, I'm sure they will find an accommodation in their own time.

Barry, my deepest condolences to you, your wife, son, and family and all of Vic's many friends. I miss him.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:25 am

:brokenheart: RIP Vic
Birfers are toast

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:18 am

:crying: :bighug:

I'm so sorry.
ImageImageImage x4

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:48 am

RIP - Vic. This is sad. I will miss him.

And he still owes me a pastrami sandwich.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:47 pm

An Invitation to all Fogbowers to A Celebration of Vic's Life!

Celebrate_Vics_Life.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 pm

To the Fogbowers that are able to attend, please fill in for me and substitute my virtual :bighug: for real ones to Barry, his wife and son.

Again my deepest condolences to your and your family, Barry.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Ah, damn.

Barry, thanks. I’m glad you came when you did, and that you stepped in here for Vic. Peas in a pod. :lovestruck: my husband and I have met Vic, at a meetup dinner at Saddle Peak Lodge. It was a long table and I was at the other end, but vic sat next to mr520 and told stories. Mr520 enjoyed it very much.

I’m sorry that I will not be in town for the memorial. Mr520 and I will raise a glass to vic on Aug 4.

Mr Gneiss, you reached out and connected with Vic. Watching that on the board was :lovestruck:

Namaste to all.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:31 am

I moved the thread to the Announcements forum and made it a "Sticky" (which means it will stick to the top of the list within that forum). For the record, there is no way to make a thread stick to the top of the Active Topics page.

I have a photo I took of the dinner group at Saddle Peak Lodge back in June 2013. I'll post it and send it to the Celebration of Vic's life.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:07 am

Mr. Gneiss wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 pm
To the Fogbowers that are able to attend, please fill in for me and substitute my virtual :bighug: for real ones to Barry, his wife and son.

Again my deepest condolences to your and your family, Barry.
Me too, please.

🎕🎕🎕
ImageImageImage x4

RetiredHydro

Post by RetiredHydro » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Last Sunday Joy and I drove Gracie from Chatsworth to San Diego. She was a very good passenger. Gracie settled into our house and seems to be happy. Our cat Cheddar was very curious from the moment we brought her into the house. They seem to be adjusting to each other.

tek

Post by tek » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:34 pm

:like:

:bighug:
There's no way back
from there to here

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 pm

:bighug: :bighug:

I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother, Barry.

I’m glad that Gracie and Cheddar are getting along. Vic would be so happy to know Gracie is in your good care.

Return to “Announcements”