~» > HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY (woot) <«~

Estiveo

Re: ~» > HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY (woot) <«~

Post by Estiveo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:05 pm

I was steered to Politijab by terrib when we were tormenting birfers on one of Orly's multiple facebook pages and playing at the Orly Taitz Admiration Society and Presidential Exploration Committee.

My proudest moment was Orly calling me a notorious obot when she announced to her slobbering fans that I'd been baned.

Birfer and Apuzzo lickspittle MichaelN followed us over from there for a while. He was nice.
Image Image Image Image Image

Clairez

Post by Clairez » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Hello to all Fogbowers old and new! HappyAnniversary to all!

Came here by way of Addies blog and from following Birthers on Free Republic. Birthers and the Tea Party were all so crazy that I couldn't look away. Been here a long time now and although I don't post much I read here almost every day. (Is it really, truely ten years I have been here now?)

This forum has been truly gifted by many intelligent, snarky, gifted posters and it has been a joy to spend the last years with you all!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 pm

DZ Bill wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:59 pm
I arrived a bit late to the party but very happy to be here. Thank you to everybody that has made this forum possible .....
Hey, DZ!!!! :wave:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:58 pm

kate520 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:27 am
Happy Anniversary! Sugar will be right along with her southern hospitality. She’s quilting a pie as we speak . :thumbs:

Ten years! I miss some missing folks a lot -Loh, for example. Anyone hear from him? BB, Tes, Mimi, stern too. I also miss Jez’s harried paperwork posts.

There aren’t many things better than our decadent Fogbow friendships. I have met some lifelong friends 💕.

Thanks for all the fish.
Hey Kate! I am still here, just occasionally lurking. Bored out my gourd while furloughed, so you may see more comments posted by me.
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:10 pm

In the Orly Taitz thread Orlylicious said something about Orly knowing we were her biggest fans, and it got me reminiscing...

Remember when just about the entire cast of All My Children was posting comments on Orly's website?

Remember all of those posts containing acrostics?

Those were fun times until her site got so infested with malware that it wasn't worth the trouble to post there anymore.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:47 pm

mimi wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:52 pm
You guys are so great!

Hey... didja hear the goobers are starting to birf on Kamala Harris? :lol: For realz! Some things never change.
:madguy:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:10 am

I was bouncing around various birther blogs, and then I saw Foggy announcing the Fogbow. I mainly made an account so I could quickly find new posts, and then I started posting incessently.

I've had a mixed bag on here. Some great discussion. Made and lost good friends. All in all glad to be here.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:30 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 pm
DZ Bill wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:59 pm
I arrived a bit late to the party but very happy to be here. Thank you to everybody that has made this forum possible .....
Hey, DZ!!!! :wave:
I check on Bill's case now and then. Totally understand why he has stopped posting and I wish him the best.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 am

Um...what?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 am

I'll be reading this whole topic and commenting soon, need uninterrupted laugh and fun looking back time. I love The Fogbow, it's the only forum I post on and the folks here are awesome.

To celebrate, I just made a $25.00 donation on the donation page. Thank you again Foggy, Kate, Realist and of course Mr. Soros, Jimbot and all the PsyOps teams!

But of course, the big thanks is to Cass. Before John Charlton was abducted and eaten by mountain lions in a national park incident gone awry, he had the secret! But the birthers missed it and we got off scott free.
Obots, meet the beast which sired you!
On Thursday, January 14, 2010 5 Comments
CASS SUNSTEIN FIRST TO PROPOSE AN INTERNET CREW OF OBOTS
by John Charlton

Cass Sunstein, radical information Czar of the Obama regime.
(Jan. 14, 2009) — WorldNetDaily is reporting today that Cass Sunstein, in a 2008 paper entitled “Conspiracy Theorists,” was the first to propose the principles of misinformation and harassment which form the general operational tactics of Obama’s Internet harassment team. The group has operated nonstop since the beginning of his primary campaign and was recently involved in a major cyber-harassment attack on Tea Party Nation.

In the paper, Sunstein called for “cognitive infiltration” of groups which promote conspiracy theories.

He outlines the tactics which would be used by Obots for the next three years:

“We suggest a distinctive tactic for breaking up the hard core of extremists who supply conspiracy theories: cognitive infiltration of extremist groups, whereby government agents or their allies (acting either virtually or in real space, and either openly or anonymously) will undermine the crippled epistemology of believers by planting doubts about the theories and stylized facts that circulate within such groups, thereby introducing beneficial cognitive diversity.”

Of course, authentic concerns about Obama’s background are in the mind of the Waffen BSO (Barry Steven Obama), or Obots Corps, nothing but conspiracies to be snuffed out.

The entire article by Aaron Klein of WorldNetDaily deserves to be read:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=121884
https://www.thepostemail.com/2010/01/14 ... sired-you/

Thank God they weren't able to figure it out or it would have been curtains for us! Thankfully, the 30-page paper has been super well hidden at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=1084585

Please don't share the secret!
Conspiracy Theories
Harvard Public Law Working Paper No. 08-03
U of Chicago, Public Law Working Paper No. 199
U of Chicago Law & Economics, Olin Working Paper No. 387
30 Pages Posted: 17 Jan 2008 Last revised: 18 Jan 2010
Cass R. Sunstein Harvard Law School; Harvard University - Harvard Kennedy School (HKS)
Adrian Vermeule Harvard Law School
Date Written: January 15, 2008

Abstract
Many millions of people hold conspiracy theories; they believe that powerful people have worked together in order to withhold the truth about some important practice or some terrible event. A recent example is the belief, widespread in some parts of the world, that the attacks of 9/11 were carried out not by Al Qaeda, but by Israel or the United States. Those who subscribe to conspiracy theories may create serious risks, including risks of violence, and the existence of such theories raises significant challenges for policy and law. The first challenge is to understand the mechanisms by which conspiracy theories prosper; the second challenge is to understand how such theories might be undermined. Such theories typically spread as a result of identifiable cognitive blunders, operating in conjunction with informational and reputational influences. A distinctive feature of conspiracy theories is their self-sealing quality. Conspiracy theorists are not likely to be persuaded by an attempt to dispel their theories; they may even characterize that very attempt as further proof of the conspiracy. Because those who hold conspiracy theories typically suffer from a crippled epistemology, in accordance with which it is rational to hold such theories, the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups. Various policy dilemmas, such as the question whether it is better for government to rebut conspiracy theories or to ignore them, are explored in this light.

Keywords: conspiracy theories, social networks, informational cascades, group polarization

Suggested Citation:
Sunstein, Cass R. and Vermeule, Adrian, Conspiracy Theories (January 15, 2008). Harvard Public Law Working Paper No. 08-03; U of Chicago, Public Law Working Paper No. 199; U of Chicago Law & Economics, Olin Working Paper No. 387. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=1084585 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1084585
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=1084585

Happy Anniversary!! Here's to many more!!
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:32 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 am
To celebrate, I just made a $25.00 donation on the donation page. Thank you again Foggy, Kate, Realist and of course Mr. Soros, Jimbot and all the PsyOps teams!
I did the same (for the same amount). Now Foggy has to figger out who is who (he can see my real name cuz I don't do PayPal).

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 am

I made a contribution too. TFB is well worth it! :bighug:

Happy 10th Anniversary!
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am

kate520 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 am
Um...what?
I think he’s referring to DZBill, who has stopped posting while he’s in litigation over a book he wrote.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:48 pm

Late to the party, as usual, but happy anniversary, everyone. And congratulations to Foggy for nurturing such a great community. I started birther-battling on Topix against the likes of Bobby Laity. Sequoia was one of my Anti-birther compatriots who suggested I check out PJ. I joined exactly 2 months after it opened. The Malhuer saga and aftermath really got to me, along with some personal issues, and I really slowed my online activities. I check in occasionally and spar with several members during football season in fantasy football leagues. It's great to see what this forum has evolved into and the fact it's still thriving after 10 years is a testament to its great mods and incredible members.

Here's to another 10 years!

:grouphug:
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Dallasite wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:48 pm
Late to the party, as usual, but happy anniversary, everyone. And congratulations to Foggy for nurturing such a great community. I started birther-battling on Topix against the likes of Bobby Laity. Sequoia was one of my Anti-birther compatriots who suggested I check out PJ. I joined exactly 2 months after it opened. The Malhuer saga and aftermath really got to me, along with some personal issues, and I really slowed my online activities. I check in occasionally and spar with several members during football season in fantasy football leagues. It's great to see what this forum has evolved into and the fact it's still thriving after 10 years is a testament to its great mods and incredible members.

Here's to another 10 years!

:grouphug:
:wave: Good to hear from you!!!!
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am
kate520 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 am
Um...what?
I think he’s referring to DZBill, who has stopped posting while he’s in litigation over a book he wrote.
Yes - that is what I was doing. Was good to see Bill pop in on the Foogy anniversary.

Return to “Announcements”