Rule 2, The 4-paragraph rule

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Rule 2, The 4-paragraph rule

Post by Orlylicious »

A friend asked me to ask about the 4 Paragraph rule :P

What about stories where each sentence is a paragraph, a popular writing style? Is it the number of sentences or just a hard return?

What are the exemptions from the rule? Orly's site, press releases and what else? Are endorsements or editorials OK? Birther Report? P&E? WND? SovCit ramblings? Comments on message boards?

It's tricky sometimes so thanks for bringing it up, would help to have a FAQ with examples.

Thank you :clap:
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season on weTV with Fogbow updates on Fridays!

SueDB

Re: Rule 2, The 4-paragraph rule

Post by SueDB »

Orlylicious wrote:A friend asked me to ask about the 4 Paragraph rule :P

What about stories where each sentence is a paragraph, a popular writing style? Is it the number of sentences or just a hard return?

What are the exemptions from the rule? Orly's site, press releases and what else? Are endorsements or editorials OK? Birther Report? P&E? WND? SovCit ramblings? Comments on message boards?

It's tricky sometimes so thanks for bringing it up, would help to have a FAQ with examples.

Thank you :clap:

Things owned by local, state, and federal govts- Public Domain - but why not link instead????
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Instead of answering a hundred possible scenarios, I suggest that people just think about the purposes of the rule. Those are 1) to protect the site from claims of copyright violations, and 2) to prevent clutter on the forum. Press releases are supposed to be published, but think about cluttering. I'm not worried about BR, he'd have to disclose his identity officially, although we know who he is.

Just don't get me sued, and BTW there's a DMCA notice on the Board Index, so I'm not too worried about that. But keeping down board clutter is important too. I don't know if there's a maximum size of our database.

Lastly, remember that nobody has ever gotten a warning, or a suspension, or a spanking with a hairbrush for violating this rule. The only punishment is, the mods and I reserve the right to edit your post. Even today, the announcement just says "Please remember" the rule, not "Obey or die".

The worst violator is GimmyTruth, who can only post in the FEMA camp anyway. I got tired of editing every post, so I just delete them if he violates the rule. 'Course, we're not sure he knows how to post a link.

Further affiant sayeth naught.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

chancery

Post by chancery »

My thought about single sentence paragraphs is that it would be reasonable under the rule to merge a few sentences into a single paragraph, and then post 4 such modest-sized paragraphs.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

yeah for single para stuff I tend to add maybe 2 paras tops if I feel they are needed to give an important point.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”