Assault on the Capitol (DC)

John Thomas8

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by John Thomas8 »

Ain't a one of 'em going to get any serious jail time. They're all gonna slide and the left is going to go "see how nice we were to the criminals" and leave it open to happen again.

Ya know, these aren't kids, they don't need guidance or instruction: they knew exactly what they were doing that day and they're going to get away with it.

Just like congress not policing itself with the 14th Amendment.

Opportunities lost now are going to return bloody result in the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I wish I could disagree. :smoking:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:16 am I wish I could disagree. :smoking:
I do. The ones that are pleading now are the ones who are least culpable and least committed. The true believers who got really out of control on 1/6 aren't going to get such nice deals, and I suspect more than one will end up going to trial. We're talking about hundreds of defendants. To simply dismiss the whole bushel and say none of them is going to jail is, in my judgment, wildly premature at this point.

Y'all think DOJ is staffed with a bunch of bleeding heart lefties who just want to show everyone how merciful they are? Granted, I was only an intern there, and it's been a while, but that was distinctly not my experience.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, we don't exactly want to invoke the alternative of lining the deluded up against the firing squad wall. They are mostly pawns. The leaders stretched the limits of the 1A as far as it can go. Their psyop manipulation of a large group succeeded. The internet did it's job. It's time to identify *Them*, put *Them* in jail, and rap the knuckles of the followers. This element has always existed. We've had konstitutional lesser lights ranging from moonshiner tax evaders to well armed religious zealots since the founding days with new examples every decade. Put the latest round of anti-gummint leadership in prison for a couple decades while the gullible try to return to a life.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

spare no second thought on them....

they spared none for the Speaker
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The low hanging fruit is being harvested right now.

The run of the mill guy/gal who just put on a red MAGA hat and followed the crowd is being given the opportunity to plead out. At least a couple of them have said that they will cooperate with the DOJ to go after those more involved in the planning and execution of the more dangerous aspects of the attack.

The ones pleading guilty now are the little fish.

I think that, when we get to the big fish, we're going to see some jail time. A few might get some serious jail time (5 years or more). I'm thinking of zip-tie guy and the couple of insurrectionists who have been identified as carrying handguns into the capitol.
filly

Post by filly »

New reporting on what was going on at the higher levels. This should have been a report by a major media outlet, but ProPublica is doing the work.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm cool with the littlest fish getting probation, but I really want them to do community service, like 100 well-supervised hours at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. I wouldn't trust them with Big Brothers/Sisters.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Haul her back into court, she was clearly bullshitting the judge. Isn't that frowned upon?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

covfefe wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:27 am Haul her back into court, she was clearly bullshitting the judge. Isn't that frowned upon?
:like:

Goooooooooooooooooooo Brianna!!! :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!! ALERT: Court has ordered US Justice Dept to release this video exhibit in Jan 6 case of Dan Egtvedt of Maryland

Egtvedt has pleaded NOT GUILTY in his case. Feds say this is first video of him facing off against police

This is what police saw and heard on Jan 6

(VULGAR)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I think the one that bothers me the most is the joker that was wearing tactical gear and carrying zip tie cuffs getting a plea deal. Of course, at this point I don't think we know what his deal actually is, but it had better involve jail time. This man came prepared to take someone into "custody", that is kidnapping. Yes, he did not succeed in kidnapping anyone, but his obvious intention is frightening. I hope the judge takes that into consideration in sentencing.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:53 am I think the one that bothers me the most is the joker that was wearing tactical gear and carrying zip tie cuffs getting a plea deal. Of course, at this point I don't think we know what his deal actually is, but it had better involve jail time. This man came prepared to take someone into "custody", that is kidnapping. Yes, he did not succeed in kidnapping anyone, but his obvious intention is frightening. I hope the judge takes that into consideration in sentencing.
"Zip Tie Guy", Eric Munchel has not, I believe been offered or accepted a plea deal. He has been released on bail, but has plead not guilty.

On June 2, the charges against him and his mother were significantly increased, after it was revealed that he carried a Taser into the capitol.

But, I agree with you. I will be very unhappy if he gets off without spending a significant amount of time (several years) behind bars.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Thanks for the correction, noblepa! i must have read something wrong, glad to hear that not only is he not getting a deal, but sounds like his charges are even more than what I was aware of.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bob

Post by bob »

Too also: Larry Brock, an Air Force vet from Texas, also was photographed holding zip ties. (IIRC, he said he picked them up so others wouldn't.)

Brock, I believe, has not accepted a plea (assuming one was offered).
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

D.C. Police Officer Michael Fanone, who was beaten during the Jan. 6th insurrection, and Harry Dunn, a U.S. Capitol Police officer who faced rioters, leave a meeting with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:24 am https://mobile.twitter.com/therecount/s ... 5053760528
D.C. Police Officer Michael Fanone, who was beaten during the Jan. 6th insurrection, and Harry Dunn, a U.S. Capitol Police officer who faced rioters, leave a meeting with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Officer Michael Fanone Injured in Capitol Riots Says 'I Need a Drink' After McCarthy Meeting

https://www.newsweek.com/officer-michae ... ng-1604350
Michael Fanone, a D.C. Metropolitan Police officer who was attacked and injured by insurrectionists during the January 6 Capitol riots, said "I need a drink" after his Friday meeting with Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

Fanone requested the meeting last month. In the meeting, he reportedly asked McCarthy to denounce the 21 Republican members of Congress who voted against awarding the Congressional Gold Medal to police officers who defended the Capitol during the riots.

Fanone also asked McCarthy to reprimand Georgia Rep. Andrew Clyde for saying that the Capitol riots looked like a "normal tourist visit." Lastly, Fanone requested that McCarthy disavow Republican conspiracy theories that the FBI was involved in causing the riots, CNN congressional correspondent Ryan Nobles reported.

"I asked [McCarthy] specifically for a commitment to denounce [those comments] publicly, and he said that he would address it at a personal level with some of those members," Fanone told reporters after the meeting. "But again, I think that as a leader of the House Republican Party, it's important to hear those denouncements publicly."

Fanone said that, in his mind, McCarthy didn't agree to any of his requests. When asked why Fanone said, "I need a drink" after his meeting. The officer explained, "This experience for me is not something that I enjoy doing. I don't want to be up here on Capitol Hill. I want to be with my daughters." :snippity:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I :lovestruck: Officer Fanone.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:yeahthat:
He’s really relentless and a credit to that department.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

And seeing him sitting there with a Democrat and a Republican on either side. I heard some report the Fox refuses to book Fanone.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Edit, wrong thread :bag:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've been expecting this.

Too also, instead of sending LE to Miami to assist, DeSantis sent them to the border for photo ops.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”