Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Greatgrey »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:40 pm Somehow I can't imagine Trump taking legible meaningful notes. :nope:

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

That is exactly what I envisioned Trump notes to look like. Taken in Sharpie, large enough to see from orbit.

ETA: and in ALL CAPS
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:40 pm Somehow I can't imagine Trump taking legible meaningful notes. :nope:
IIRC, he was pissed at attorneys who did in his presence.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:14 pm
IIRC, he was pissed at attorneys who did in his presence.
remember his visits with Putin and Kim Il ... where he sent the stenographers away. History is now relying only on the notes of the adversaries :brickwallsmall:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Cohen also talked about his ‘No notes’ policy as something tfg learned from Roy Cohn and his mob clients. No traceability.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:33 pm Cohen also talked about his ‘No notes’ policy as something tfg learned from Roy Cohn and his mob clients. No traceability.
That's something that's a lot easier to do when you are NOT President of the United States.

So sad!!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the gift link, RTH! And totally agree Gregg, no way there aren't documents at Bedminster. Hoping for another Indicated for that.

Meanwhile, Rolling Stone:

Trump All But Confesses to Mishandling Classified Docs on Fox News
Story by Miles Klee • 3h ago

A week after his second post-presidential arrest, this one for his alleged mishandling of classified documents after leaving the White House, Donald Trump turned to Fox News host Bret Baier on Monday to make the case for why he should lead the country again. But he ended up essentially confessing to the crime of which he’s accused: stealing and sharing top-secret government information. Before that, however, Baier pressed Trump to explain why he kept the boxes of classified materials at Mar-a-Lago and refused to comply with government requests to return them, as described in his new felony indictment. In between dismissing the case as “the document hoax” or accusing other presidents of illegally hoarding their own sensitive documents, Trump offered the bizarre explanation that he couldn’t give up the boxes to authorities because they also contained… his clothes.

“Like every other president I take things out,” Trump said. “In my case, I took it out pretty much in a hurry. People packed it up and left. I had clothing in there, I had all sorts of personal items in there. Much, much stuff.” After a brief digression to call his former attorney general Bill Barr a “coward,” Trump reiterated, “I have got a lot of things in there. I will go through those boxes. I have to go through those boxes. I take out personal things.” Finally, he clarified what those items were: “These boxes were interspersed with all sorts of things: golf shirts, clothing, pants, shoes, there were many things,” he said.

While not wanting Dark Brandon to seize your golf shirts may prove a compelling argument in court, another of Trump’s evasions seems less likely to hold water. Baier also brought up one of the most damning parts of the federal indictment, a recording from July 2021 in which Trump is heard showing off a document detailing an attack plan against Iran, revealing that it’s still officially secret and he no longer has the power to declassify it. Trump blustered for a moment about what he actually said, then pivoted to the claim that he wasn’t even holding a particular document — despite corroborating testimony from others in the room when it happened. No wonder this guy’s lawyers keep quitting on him.

“Bret, there was no document,” Trump insisted. “That was a massive amount of papers and everything else, talking about Iran and other things. And it may have been held up or may not. That was not a document. I didn’t have any document per se. There was nothing to declassify, these were newspaper stories, magazine stories, and articles.” When Baier referred again to the facts of the recording laid out in the indictment, Trump said, presumably of the prosecutors: “These people are very dishonest people, they are thugs.” He also suggested they could be “stuffing” the boxes with incriminating material.

Trump’s answer immediately made waves, with even some of his frequent defenders suggesting the former president may have just undermined himself. On Twitter, Pro-Trump legal scholar Jonathan Turley praised Baier’s interview — and included an ominous warning for Trump: “Bret Baier conducted an extraordinary interview with Donald Trump who discussed the criminal allegations in detail. Statements of this kind are generally admissible at trial…” Later on in the interview, Trump and Baier got into a debate on the results of the 2020 election, with the Fox anchor trying in vain to remind the former president that he lost while Trump rambled on about fake ballots. The rest of the conversation involved Trump bashing Biden’s international diplomacy, from Ukraine to the Middle East to China, and musing about how much better things were with him in office.

Afterward, Fox News chief political analyst Brit Hume said that Trump’s answers regarding matters of the law were “on the verge on incoherent,” and specifically mentioned the bizarre detail of not returning the boxes of classified documents because they hadn’t been “separated from his golf shirts or whatever he was saying.” Overall, Hume said, it sounded as if Trump was making the argument that the papers were his to do with as he liked, “which I don’t think is going to hold up in court.” Special Report with Bret Baier will air the second half of this interview on Tuesday evening. Will we learn more about the precious polos that Trump was shielding from government overreach? One can only hope.
Et tu, Turley?? :lol:

Hope he reads this. "A week after his second post-presidential arrest" made me LOL.

We are going to need to double our efforts to keep MAGA in lockstep with T****. I tweet approval as often as I can when they say, "He just gets stronger with every Indictment".
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

There are certain statements I hold as universal truths.

If the Colonel's picture isn't on the Bucket, it doesn't taste like chicken...

Never fry bacon while nude...

Never let a dachshund land a helicopter...

Getting indicted is never good news...

Prove me wrong on any of them, I'll wait.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

It took a team.of about a dozen FBI agents about a day to sort through the boxes at Nar-a-larfo.

Trump had at least that many attorneys working for him and couldn't get it done in over a year.

And people think he should be president again?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

So I’m wondering how many golf shirts did the FBI & NARA find in the post raid inventory of THE BOXES?
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:29 am There are certain statements I hold as universal truths.

► Show Spoiler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:29 am There are certain statements I hold as universal truths.

Somewhat less catchy but also more updated to our modern life than the old list: "Never play cards with a man named 'Doc'; never eat at a diner called 'Mom's'; and never go to bed with someone whose troubles are worse than your own." I'll approve the head-canon, I suppose. Can we get a stamp from someone? :lol:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

My variation was, never go to bed with someone who can kick your ass, but close enough.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

We need the Corona Guy saying "Whenever I need to store my important documents, I always place them in my recycling boxes".
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Never fry bacon while nude, unless you're having a morning-after breakfast with a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover model and you just can't take the time to get dressed properly.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

And use a meter long spatula. :towel:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:31 am

Never fry bacon while nude, unless you're having a morning-after breakfast with a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover model and you just can't take the time to get dressed properly.
Thanks, JPC, great advice! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 am And use a meter long spatula. :towel:
I'll pass on the meter-long spatula; it might make other tools look less than impressive.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah but that only happens to me about once a month...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:52 pm

Yeah but that only happens to me about once a month...
You're in luck next time. Martha Stewart cooks bacon in the oven.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:17 am We need the Corona Guy saying "Whenever I need to store my important documents, I always place them in my recycling boxes".
Dos Equis...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So I hate to interrupt a perfectly reasonable threadjack about burning one's johnson* through negligent cooking techniques :eek: but I will comment (on topic, sad to say) that there is universal agreement that the case will not, in fact, go to trial on August 14.

So I'm not adding it to the Fogbow Calendar. Great big burly men and women have come to me in tears, begging me, telling me it is in the order, but nope. Not. Gonna. Happen. :mrgreen:

Still working on my proposed orders. Gotta get those in. :bored:

* Women have enough sense not to cook bacon (or anything else) nekkid.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:57 pm
bill_g wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:17 am We need the Corona Guy saying "Whenever I need to store my important documents, I always place them in my recycling boxes".
Dos Equis...
Doh!

TY!
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bill_g wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:32 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:57 pm
Dos Equis...
Doh!

TY!
7q13g1.jpg
7q13g1.jpg (64.02 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
somerset

Post by somerset »

Off Topic

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Attachments
10-pc-chickenjoy-bucket.jpg
10-pc-chickenjoy-bucket.jpg (86.38 KiB) Viewed 1592 times

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”