BFB

Please Report Problems Here

Post by BFB »

My back hurts.

raicha

Post by raicha »

! Message from: raicha
Yanno, actual site problems that need fixing can get buried in this thread by off-topic attempts at humor. Just sayin'.

borealis

Post by borealis »

I just registered for chat, got confirmation, followed the link and tried to enter chat, but i keep getting an error message.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Random peeps are getting kicked out of chat.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

BFB

Post by BFB »

Yanno, actual site problems that need fixing can get buried in this thread by off-topic attempts at humor. Just sayin'.
But you laughed, didn't you ... and then you felt just a little bit sorry for me, being in pain and all ...

Tomtech

Post by Tomtech »

I can be more specific. Updated Windows 7-64 Home Premium. New build of Firefox (13.0).It only appeared to occur when I clicked on the sig line which went to the list of minutes for guessing how long the Indiana hearing would occur.It hasn't happened since I stopped trying to decide which time to select.
Edit: I think the problem is Neonzx's link.He used http://thefogbow[break1][/break1]com instead of http://www[break1][/break1]thefogbow[break1][/break1]com[link]Good,http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/search.p ... ive_topics[/link][link]Bad,search.php?search_id=active_topics[/link]If you use your magical superpowers (auto-replace), you could stop that from ever happening again.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

No PM function. I just tried to send a test msg to Foggy and got "The requested users to be added do not exist."Got the same thing the other day trying to send one to mimi too. I've tried it using the PM icon under the name on a post and also by going to the control panel. I have no trouble responding to one I receive though. It's probably something simple and I'm just missing it.

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I'm going to ask phpBB support about those two problems. Is anyone else having them?
We don't know what we don't know.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I'm going to ask phpBB support about those two problems. Is anyone else having them?That was quick for 0'dark:30 in the morning!Thanks.

realist

Post by realist »

I have the PM problem using the PM icon.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yesterday I signed up for FEMA, made one post and decided to go back to the herd. I just verified that I am no longer a visitor to the camp. But "Active topics" show me still all the crap from the camp.My Admin Control Panel showed that you were still a member of FEMA Staff & Visitors. I removed you from that group. Try again and see if you can still see them. You might have to use a force refresh (CTRL + F5).

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Sugar and realist, what board styles are you using? If you both use the same style, that might help tech support.To see, go to User Control Panel --► Board Preferences

(Fogbow on PayPal)

realist

Post by realist »

prosilver
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Prosilver

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

My signature on the phpBB support site is:

Code is poetry. Sadly, I'm nobody's idea of a poet. :lol:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Support personnel are working on the PM problem right now.This is why I love phpBB. I could convert the entire forum to that IP Board software and get paid support. Would it be more responsive than the open source community? No it would not.I support open source at every opportunity.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Support personnel are working on the PM problem right now.This is why I love phpBB. I could convert the entire forum to that IP Board software and get paid support. Would it be more responsive than the open source community? No it would not.I support open source at every opportunity.Foggy I have to say I've never had problems with the tech support being prompt in replying on IP Board. Also the IP board community is very helpful as well when it comes to problems. Just think of it this way you're getting paid and open source support with IP Board.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I know. I'm not saying IP Board support is poor; they're pretty quick, too also, and very helpful. But phpBB support is just about exactly the same. One time I had a { instead of a [ in my code. Just that little difference broke something, and the phpBB support guys found it when it would have taken me a year. In any event, here's the report I got:I just tried sending a couple of PM's using the PM buttons in posts:1 to Rhoda Galaxy using Prosilver style1 to Foggy using Serenity Purple styleBoth were successful.Your Serenity Purple style appears to be for 3.0.7 and therefore should be updated or people using that will experience problems.In other words, he didn't find anything wrong with the PM button in posts. I use subsilver2, and the PM button in my posts works. It's still a mystery. Unless a lot of people are experiencing the same error, I suspect it's not the phpBB software or why does it work for some people? More will be revealed, I reckon. --> And I gotta update Serenity Purple. I know not many people use it, but the ones who do swear by it. I'll get to that no later than tomorrow morning. Typical support, and exactly what I mean: The guy took a look around while he was here and made a helpful suggestion about something totally unrelated to what I was asking. Can't ask for better support than that, although I'm sure the IP Board guys are just as helpful.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Msottement

Post by Msottement »

It appears that the RSS page is not updating properly. It still has several-day-old entries for NBC's site, and the Doc's.(I hope I didn't miss a post on this already. If so, just ignore me!)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Pat's blog, too. RSS page needs work, anyway.I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it. The code for the RSS feed is generated by the site that offers the feed. All I do is copy and paste that code into a "block" of HTML. I can't fiddle with the code; all I can do is rearrange the blocks. Somebody who knows more than me is gonna have to explain this one.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I glad you asked about RSS. I think the Fogbow RSS page still points to my old blog on Blogger. These are the new RSS links for WordPress:Posts: [/break1]wordpress.com/feed/]http://rcradioblog.wordpress.com/feed/Comments: [/break1]wordpress.com/comments/feed/]http://rcradioblog.wordpress.com/comments/feed/
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

I took Foggy's advice to check my e-mail address in account settings in the User Control Panel. I was one of the offenders; it had an address that I shut down almost three years ago.Do note that your account will have to be re-activated if you change your e-mail address.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Do note that your account will have to be re-activated if you change your e-mail address.I wonder if Foghorn has considered creating a "no-reply@thefogbow.com" mail account for sending these automated messages and setting that address to blackhole (/dev/null) anything received inbound so he never sees the bounces. :-
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

No, because the bounces are intended for somebody who isn't getting them. That would relieve my headache without solving the problem.Most of the ones I'm getting are notifications of PMs. The bounce tells me who sent the PM, who it's intended for, and the subject of the PM, but not the text.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

No, because the bounces are intended for somebody who isn't getting them. That would relieve my headache without solving the problem.Most of the ones I'm getting are notifications of PMs. The bounce tells me who sent the PM, who it's intended for, and the subject of the PM, but not the text. :shock: Big brother.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”