Please Report Problems Here

scirreeve

Re: Please Report Problems Here

Post by scirreeve » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:43 am

NVM - I don't care so much. I didn't even know there were options for "board style" and don't know what that means - my profile says I use prosilver whatever that means. Looks like what I am pouting about is now a feature so I can't see what boards exist here without knowing what to search for. I can't complain about a free thing and will send Foggy some money next week so I can complain again.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:28 am

Go to User Control Panel --> Board Preferences and scroll down to My board style and try out some of the alternatives. Some people really like having a different board style.

Just a suggestion. This software has a pretty neat set of features, and that's one of them.

Of course, anyone can complain anytime, but I do appreciate the donations. They go to virtual private server hosting expenses, SiteLock (which does a fantastic job of protecting us from hackers since I signed up with them, but they are expensive). Some months I have to kick in a little extra myself, some months I actually have a few bucks "profit". Fogbow is not going to put my kids through college, but I do get up at 4:30 a.m. every Sunday to perform a number of maintenance chores*. And I will fix anything I can fix. It's been a very long time since we had any real problems that caused us to lose any posts, and in a few months we'll be coming up on 1,000,000 posts.

For the stats geeks - right now it says we have 980,499 posts, and we get about 300 new posts a day. But this is post #984,181. The missing ~4,000 posts are posts that were deleted for one reason or another: duplicates, etc. At the rate we're posting, it will be only about 65 days until both numbers hit a million. I've been running Fogbow more than a tenth of my life!
Edit: * Actually, yesterday morning I was beat up after a day at WordCamp, so I slept in and did chores this morning instead.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 am

Foggy wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:28 am
Edit: * Actually, yesterday morning I was beat up after a day at WordCamp, so I slept in and did chores this morning instead.
Yeah, I almost panicked when I logged on and saw the "I'm working on it" on a Monday morning.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 am

Sorry about scaring you, but I really needed that extra hour of sleep yesterday. And everything went smoothly today. :thumbs:

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 am

This may be a problem with my iPad, the Safari browser, the lousy hotel WiFi, the Internet, or the Fogbow. I am routinely today getting the message "...unable to reach server" when i attempt to refresh a Fogbow page. Ideas?

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed May 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Foggy wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 am
Sorry about scaring you, but I really needed that extra hour of sleep yesterday. And everything went smoothly today. :thumbs:
Foggy,
The photos I want to post post horizontally, not vertically. They were taken vertically, but emailed horizontally. Help!

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 17, 2018 6:07 am

Umm, you'll probably have to use some graphics software to rotate them before you post them. I use various free programs, probably the best is IrfanView (or try GIMP or xnView).

https://www.irfanview.com/

https://www.gimp.org/

https://www.xnview.com/en/

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 am

Why are some names in purty colors and others in black? I want a purty color!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

User Control Panel - > Usergroups and join a usergroup with a party color.

vic

Post by vic » Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 am

Foggy wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am
Party color? Like blue for Democrats and red for Republicans? 'Cause both you and Sterngard are shades of red :eek2:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 am

Foggy wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am
I joined groups a long time ago but didn’t notice changing default. I have a purty/party color now.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Foggy wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:07 am
Umm, you'll probably have to use some graphics software to rotate them before you post them. I use various free programs, probably the best is IrfanView (or try GIMP or xnView).

https://www.irfanview.com/

https://www.gimp.org/

https://www.xnview.com/en/
Thank you, dearest Foggy. :daydream:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu May 17, 2018 12:45 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 am
Why are some names in purty colors and others in black? I want a purty color!
So glad you asked this! Now I have to choose! Aaargh! :confused:

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Tweets have stopped loading for me on my iPad in the last coupla days.

ETA: Out of pure spite, they’re loading now. Since I posted the above. Bastards.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm

kate520 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm

ETA: Out of pure spite, they’re loading now. Since I posted the above. Bastards.
You do realize, don’t you, that the act of reporting the problem IS the cure for the problem? Sort of like when I was in PC support. Someone would call with a PC problem and I would go stand in their cubicle. Magically, the problem would disappear. At least as long as I stood there. Computers are devious.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

vic

Post by vic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:49 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm
kate520 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm

You do realize, don’t you, that the act of reporting the problem IS the cure for the problem? Sort of like when I was in PC support. Someone would call with a PC problem and I would go stand in their cubicle. Magically, the problem would disappear. At least as long as I stood there. Computers are devious.
Sometimes you don't even have to stand in the cubicle. For about 10 years, my primary customer was a newspaper in Helsinki. About four times a year I'd fly there to install new features. By the time I checked into the hotel and got to the newspaper, it would be mid-afternoon, just the right time for their tech staff to meet with me in the cafeteria for coffee.

Often, someone would wander over and thank me for whatever I had done, since the system was suddenly working so much better. And occasionally, someone would angrily shout about how I had messed everything up with what I had done. The computer gods are fickle.

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”