trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Uninformed

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Uninformed »

Given my intense admiration for all things DFO, I thought I’d identify his super duper, oh so elegant, desk. Seems it’s a marvel of veneered MDF construction from the appropriately named Hooker Furniture, retailing at $3,339 (30% off!) from Luxdecor.com). It even comes with assembly instructions.

https://www.hookerfurniture.com/telluri ... mation.asp

https://www.luxedecor.com/product/hooke ... oo37010363
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No. he is thinking "This means I'm Still important."

Shame and the fear people will find out you're a loser colours everything a narcissist does.

I don't see that smile as anything threatening. I see it as desperate and pathetic.
Hic sunt dracones
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Also check out the bronze-ish statuette behind Steven Miller's right arm.

That's right, kids. Donald Trump has a statue of himself in his office.

The guy has always been a pathological narcissist. The problem now is that, having spent four years in an office which - by its nature - would make even the most humble of persons start to get a swelled head, he no longer has access to his fix. I am expecting him to spiral pretty badly.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:48 pm
Sunrise wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:44 pm Maybe it’s just the shiny white Chicklets veneers, but his ‘let’s smile for the birdie’ face always looks so fake and awkward to me. Actually, fake and awkward describes him quite well. Among many other negative words of course.
I’m not the only one who calls such veneers Chiclets. Whew. His “smile” always looks forced, never spontaneous or genuine.

https://richardsteventhomas.wordpress.c ... ral-smile/
Off Topic
My Dad would’ve said, “He registers about an seven on the Beaufort Scale,” which is a nautical reference to white caps on waves.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hes basically a Chicken trying to look like a peacock.
Hic sunt dracones
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Suranis wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:37 am Hes basically a Chicken trying to look like a peacock.
or a turkey with wattles
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The president of Coke looks like Putin.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:53 am The president of Coke looks like Putin.
He would see that as a compliment.
somerset

Post by somerset »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:06 am Also check out the bronze-ish statuette behind Steven Miller's right arm.

That's right, kids. Donald Trump has a statue of himself in his office.

The guy has always been a pathological narcissist. The problem now is that, having spent four years in an office which - by its nature - would make even the most humble of persons start to get a swelled head, he no longer has access to his fix. I am expecting him to spiral pretty badly.
I see this as a feature, not a bug.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

U.S. Office of Special Counsel: Lynne Patton, the former Trump appointee who served at HUD, has been disciplined for violating the Hatch Act.

Patton admitted to violating the Act and has agreed to accept a 48-month debarment from federal employment and pay a $1,000 civil fine.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kate520 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:34 am He looks like the apex predator he is, welcoming you to his lair. Miller is his Renfield.
Not too sure about that one, looks like the only thing he could hunt is a mean head of lettuce...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The plaque is part of the border wall, given to him. Who displays that kind of thing facing out, instead of facing themselves? Okay, rhetorical question.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:04 pm
Kate520 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:34 am He looks like the apex predator he is, welcoming you to his lair. Miller is his Renfield.
Not too sure about that one, looks like the only thing he could hunt is a mean head of lettuce...
He hunt men’s’ souls and kills them dead.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I'm surprised he didn't have himself painted in on the Mt. Rushmore photo :roll:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Forgot to hide his reading glasses along with the coke bottle.

Anyone any ideas about the old looking wooden box on the left of the photo?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:06 pm
Anyone any ideas about the old looking wooden box on the left of the photo?
I thought it was a box for donuts at first, but since it has a presidential seal on it (of course), I'd guess it's something he forced the Navy to make out of timber from the Resolute.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wasn't on the site, but I understand Daily Mail has a link up, pointing out the different things. This is more fun, though.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It looks like a wooden cigar case to me. Cigars mean you're rich, you know.

He probably has let the press know everything that's on that table and how it means he is rich.
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Donald Trump Tumbles Nearly 300 Spots In Billionaire Ranks”:

“The former president, who prides himself on his business acumen, refused to divest his assets upon taking office. Had he sold out in 2017 and reinvested in the market, he’d be an estimated $1.6 billion richer.”

“From the time he entered the White House in January 2017 to his departure a few months ago, Donald Trump’s fortune fell by nearly a third, from $3.5 billion to $2.4 billion. The S&P 500, meanwhile, increased 70%.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexand ... ire-ranks/
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:17 pm “Donald Trump Tumbles Nearly 300 Spots In Billionaire Ranks”:

“The former president, who prides himself on his business acumen, refused to divest his assets upon taking office. Had he sold out in 2017 and reinvested in the market, he’d be an estimated $1.6 billion richer.”

“From the time he entered the White House in January 2017 to his departure a few months ago, Donald Trump’s fortune fell by nearly a third, from $3.5 billion to $2.4 billion. The S&P 500, meanwhile, increased 70%.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexand ... ire-ranks/
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I have never believed for a moment that his net worth exceeded a billion dollars. Sure he controls several billion in assets, but many of those assets are mortgaged to the hilt.

When one is called a billionaire, or even a millionaire, it is usually based on net worth, not simply assets.

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if he were technically insolvent. Given his reported penchant for overstating the value of his assets, many of them could easily be underwater.
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

noblepa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:32 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I have never believed for a moment that his net worth exceeded a billion dollars. Sure he controls several billion in assets, but many of those assets are mortgaged to the hilt.

When one is called a billionaire, or even a millionaire, it is usually based on net worth, not simply assets.

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if he were technically insolvent. Given his reported penchant for overstating the value of his assets, many of them could easily be underwater.
I have a feeling both we and he will soon learn his true net worth.
And it will displease him greatly.
slq

Post by slq »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 am Given my intense admiration for all things DFO, I thought I’d identify his super duper, oh so elegant, desk. Seems it’s a marvel of veneered MDF construction from the appropriately named Hooker Furniture, retailing at $3,339 (30% off!) from Luxdecor.com). It even comes with assembly instructions.

https://www.hookerfurniture.com/telluri ... mation.asp

https://www.luxedecor.com/product/hooke ... oo37010363
But the important thing is that is has that cutout in the front, so his uninformed :thumbsup: followers might be fooled.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Does Potemkin office come to anyone else's mind?
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No way is he a Billionare. The way he desperately tried to hold onto that Apprentice gig showed how desperate for liquid cash he was.
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

between Jarvanka in Miami and Jr/Botox in Jupiter, the spawn have thrown 50 million dollars into florida real estate in recent history.

I can't help but think this is going to tie back.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”