Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

neeneko wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm
much ado wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:54 pm I wonder what excuses pro-Trumpers can possibly come up with for that.

Because there's always an excuse.
Maybe something like 'there was a minor clerical error that the LEFT is blowing out of proportion, and we fixed it as quickly as we were legally required to do!'

Or simply 'This is made up' Which, given how few details are available, is not that unreasonable to jump to.
There's something in the article about this was WinRed's doing, and the cancer patient donor didn't blame Individual-1.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

much ado wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:54 pm I wonder what excuses pro-Trumpers can possibly come up with for that.

Because there's always an excuse.
“Predatory!” Mr. Wilson said of WinRed. Like multiple other donors interviewed, though, he held Mr. Trump himself blameless, telling The Times, “I’m 100 percent loyal to Donald Trump.”
tek

Post by tek »

The bullshit continues to flow:

How Trump steered supporters into unwitting donations

Jason Miller:
“Our campaign was built by the hardworking men and women of America,” Miller said, “and cherishing their investments was paramount to anything else we did.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/04/ ... donations/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

No class. No class at all.

'Radical Left CRAZIES:' Trump issues Easter greetings by attacking political rivals, griping about election loss

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 082849002/
Former President Donald Trump marked Easter weekend by attacking his political enemies, repeating false claims about the election, and calling for a boycott of Major League Baseball and other corporations that oppose Georgia's new election law.

"Happy Easter to ALL, including the Radical Left CRAZIES who rigged our Presidential Election, and want to destroy our Country!" Trump said in a written statement early Sunday.

There is no evidence anyone "rigged" last year's election; political analysts said Trump keeps promoting the false idea in order to justify his loss to President Joe Biden, and to raise money for another possible presidential campaign in 2024.

"Ex President Trump with an Easter Sunday message of resentment and rage," tweeted political commentator David Frum.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Jeff Tiedrich certainly has a way with words!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Sunrise wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 am Jeff Tiedrich certainly has a way with words!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You've got to give it up for Oscar Wilde like word play like that :dance:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Sunrise wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 am Jeff Tiedrich certainly has a way with words!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And it's a totally fake account. :lol: But whoever is behind it has always been witty with words. :rotflmao:
bob

Post by bob »

So SCOTUS dismissed as moot the lawsuit about the former president's blocking people on Twitter.

The more interesting part is Thomas' yelling-at-clouds concurrence, expressing grave doubts about issues not germane to the case before SCOTUS.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:33 pm So SCOTUS dismissed as moot the lawsuit about the former president's blocking people on Twitter.

One report said that SCOTUS threw out the ruling that Trump, as President, couldn't ban people from his twitter feed.

I thought that a lower court had ruled that he could not block followers, and that SCOTUS simply denied cert. in the appeal of that decision. Denial of cert. leaves the lower court ruling in place, does it not?

Granted, Trump is no longer president, so, as private citizen, he is free to block anyone he likes. Also, twitter has permanently banned him. In addition, the ruling would only be binding on courts in the jurisdiction of the court that last ruled on it. All these things make the question moot, but I didn't think that SCOTUS actually overturned the lower court ruling.

If the ruling is still in effect, even though it is moot in Trump's case, would it not prevent other public officials who use twitter or Facebook as their semi-official means of communicating with constituents?
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 pmI thought that a lower court had ruled that he could not block followers, and that SCOTUS simply denied cert. in the appeal of that decision. Denial of cert. leaves the lower court ruling in place, does it not?
From the posted link:
SCOTUS wrote:The petition for a writ of certiorari is granted. The judgment is vacated, and the case is remanded to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit with instructions to dismiss the case as moot.
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So much for the coke boycott

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sure, look at all that newsprint he’s reading.

Miller’s suit is almost as ill fitting as The Leader’s.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

That does not look like the office of someone who's busy with anything in particular.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

I swear he has a bronze statue of himself sitting on the back left table... :roll:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:26 pm I swear he has a bronze statue of himself sitting on the back left table... :roll:
At a close-up, it is. Many of the pictures on his table have him in it as well. He also wants everyone to know he was 45 with that big plaque and pictures of Marine and Air Force One.

What a shallow man.
101010 :towel:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Seen in response to an article about Trump:

What's the difference between a parakeet and Donald Trump?

About 5 IQ points and the ability to tweet.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

what a fucking pustule of a waste of skin
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:48 pm Seen in response to an article about Trump:

What's the difference between a parakeet and Donald Trump?

About 5 IQ points and the ability to tweet.
:rimshot: :lol:

Trent Reznor
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Does he have himself photoshopped into Mount Rushmore?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Nope. Marine one (the Presidential Helicopter) is flying under the faces however, so he is in the shot.
Hic sunt dracones
slq

Post by slq »

For those of us who suspected the former guy would create a resolute desk/oval office after leaving office:

Oval office/resolute desk:
Fry-KimKTrump-Annals2.jpg
Fry-KimKTrump-Annals2.jpg (168.12 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
New office/new desk:
EyPMUZXWgCAeknc.jpeg
EyPMUZXWgCAeknc.jpeg (101.61 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Maybe it’s just the shiny white Chicklets veneers, but his ‘let’s smile for the birdie’ face always looks so fake and awkward to me. Actually, fake and awkward describes him quite well. Among many other negative words of course.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sunrise wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:44 pm Maybe it’s just the shiny white Chicklets veneers, but his ‘let’s smile for the birdie’ face always looks so fake and awkward to me. Actually, fake and awkward describes him quite well. Among many other negative words of course.
I’m not the only one who calls such veneers Chiclets. Whew. His “smile” always looks forced, never spontaneous or genuine.

https://richardsteventhomas.wordpress.c ... ral-smile/
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He looks like the apex predator he is, welcoming you to his lair. Miller is his Renfield.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”