Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by Volkonski »

Manu Raju
@mkraju
Marjorie Taylor Greene has figured out a way to get attention from her House colleagues. Force a vote of the full chamber on a motion to adjourn, which she's done for a second straight day. Ties up the floor for about an hour.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Oh god, I am feeling sick for agreeing with that dingbat who is doing it for attention.

Saying someone can be born intersex is not the same as saying a Biological male can become a biological female with the addition of 2 lumps of silicon and some hormone treatments and some plastic surgery. And Sport is turning into even more of a farce by insisting it can.

Take this scene of "womans" weightlifting. Anyone that suggests that guy who was mediocre at Weightlifting is now a hugely successful woman despite "Not having any testosterone in him" her is denying the evidence of their own eyes. And the looks of the actual women who busted their ass to get to that championship only to be outdone by a guy in makeup says it all. Hell, Women's records are already falling like 9 pins to these "women," but no-one wants to say anything or they are accused of being Trans-phobic. "I'm sorry we can't say that asteroid is heading for us because of PCness.

And ya, the narrator is an asshole. He's also a weight trainer so he knows what he is talking about, and he is fucking right. Happens to assholes occasionally. Fuck sake on the basic level the shape of the hips is different and that affects everything. So why shove them in equal footing with biological femalses when they have that basic advantage, let alone everything else they have from male development.

People with Identity issues deserve support and sympathy but NOT to the extent that we deny what is there in front of our bloody face AND dismiss the actual concerns of Women athletes who are getting fucked over by this. Saying those crap male athletes are now women is denying evidence and, once again and very Ironically, turning real Women into second class citizens in their chosen disciplines in favour of biological Males.

So ya you are actually pushing Women's disempowerment to make men happy. You inclusive person you.

Oh ya and I use Unisex toilets over here becasue it helps with my anxieties about being around people. If I can do it, they can.

Another thread I have to avoid becasue the Dogmatic deniers of evidence will be howling about how "phobic" I am.

Heres my stupid preditioncIn 20 years every Women's athlete from eastern Europe and dictatorships will be "trans" whether they want to be or not.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I could be wrong, but you seem to be taking MTG's word for what is in the bill. I would encourage you to read it for yourself.
[edit]https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... ill/5/text[/edit]
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:29 pm

Allison McCague, PhD DNABaseball
@PetitePhD
·
3h
I know she’s an internet troll, but I feel compelled to say that the continued co-opting of “trust the science” from someone who won’t wear a mask is something. Also I have a PhD in human genetics from Johns Hopkins (so I know a bit about the science) and the sign is wrong.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvE4QdAXAAU ... name=small

Re-upping this excellent
@sciam
article on this topic for anyone interested in learning more about why science is absolutely not on the side of transphobia.

https://t.co/cHAD1yKLhw?amp=1
It's all good.. Her sign only applies to those at sea. See the fringy flag next to it.
This is the congressional equivalent of microwaving fish every day for lunch
ROTFL
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Unfortunately, the people who sent her there are probably mostly happy with her antics. :evil:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Whelp, she wasted another hour of every House member's time again today calling for an adjournment vote. If she keeps this up, I would think that even the Republicans will be ready to get rid of her before long. Also, they fixed her sign...

[edit]To be clear, the sign is fake. The video has been digitally manipulated.[/edit]
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:49 pm Unfortunately, the people who sent her there are probably mostly happy with her antics. :evil:
I can assure you of that.

There was a runoff from the R primary, the choices were:

Her, a gym owner, and a neurosurgeon...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Dropping this here because of MGT's fit about it. She lost.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Marjorie Taylor Greene’s dehumanizing attack on Rep. Marie Newman’s transgender daughter, explained
Greene’s latest stunt is a toxic brew of bigotry and trolling.

https://www.vox.com/2021/2/25/22301210/ ... uality-act
On Wednesday, Greene, perhaps best known for her embrace of QAnon conspiracy theories in the years leading up to her winning an unopposed congressional race last November, tweeted a video of herself posting a transphobic sign outside the office of Rep. Marie Newman (D-IL), whose daughter is transgender.

“Our neighbor, @RepMarieNewman, wants to pass the so-called ‘Equality’ Act to destroy women’s rights and religious freedoms. Thought we’d put up ours so she can look at it every time she opens her door,” says a tweet from Greene’s congressional account, above a video of her affixing a sign to a door outside Newman’s office that reads, “There are TWO genders: Male & Female. Trust The Science!”

Greene’s tweet came in retaliation to Newman posting a video of her displaying the transgender flag outside Greene’s office. Snip-

Greene’s attack on Newman and her family swiftly drew bipartisan condemnation. Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) responded to it with a tweet saying, “This is sad and I’m sorry this happened. Rep. Newmans daughter is transgender, and this video and tweet represent the hate and fame driven politics of self-promotion at all evil costs. This garbage must end, in order to #RestoreOurGOP.” Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) noted that Greene’s transphobia is at odds with science finding that sex is not binary and asked, “Why do you want to discriminate against Americans who happen to be transgender?”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Does anyone know if anyone can make her take down that sign?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:50 pm
Volkonski wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:35 pm
Close ally of Marjorie Taylor Greene among those in Capitol mob
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/politics ... index.html
Did she give him a tour? Send him video ?
Dunno, but here is a pic of her posing with him in front of Pelosi's office.
Bonus pics of him:
► Show Spoiler
This is an old pic, FYI.
► Show Spoiler
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:06 pm Does anyone know if anyone can make her take down that sign?
The problem there is that if someone does make her take down the sign but allows the flag to stay up she will reframe it as conservative/religious oppression, so it would feed right into her trolling.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neeneko wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:43 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:06 pm Does anyone know if anyone can make her take down that sign?
The problem there is that if someone does make her take down the sign but allows the flag to stay up she will reframe it as conservative/religious oppression, so it would feed right into her trolling.
I realized the flag would be a factor, but that sign is a whole different kettle of fish. It's cruel. At least to me.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 pm I realized the flag would be a factor, but that sign is a whole different kettle of fish. It's cruel. At least to me.
Yeah, but these are people who believe 'freedom to discriminate' is a real freedom while 'freedom from discrimination' is oppression. So cruelty is a cherished freedom that their identity is built around, while being told to not be cruel is oppression.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I think she may be even more of a despicable person than Trump. She's going to do well in the new GOP.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neeneko wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:03 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 pm I realized the flag would be a factor, but that sign is a whole different kettle of fish. It's cruel. At least to me.
Yeah, but these are people who believe 'freedom to discriminate' is a real freedom while 'freedom from discrimination' is oppression. So cruelty is a cherished freedom that their identity is built around, while being told to not be cruel is oppression.
Vicious circle, isn't it?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:05 pm Vicious circle, isn't it?
Self reinforcing and politically effective.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I should cross-post this in tv watching but we just finished the HBO doc on Gerald/Geraldine Michael/Carmichael, the woman who promoted the Dale 3-wheeled car in the 70s. Although, as Gerald (Jerald?), he had a long history of con jobs and was on the run from authorities for counterfeiting, he began living as a woman soon after and even had a couple of surgeries, although not the final, most drastic one.

When eventually caught and charged for the Dale scheme, she was accused of dressing as a woman to hide from the authorities. At 6'2 and 200 lbs, most people realized she was transgender, but most of the people she worked with at the car company liked her and were devoted to her. And her family was devoted to her, despite living life on the run. Guess they didn't know any different.

The show seemed to have two plots, one - a con artist hoping to cash in big-time from investors in the "70 mpg" car she was promoting during the 70s gas crunch, and the trouble she had navigating the legal system as a transwoman. Part of me was angry at her. She deserved to do the time, but she didn't deserve that.

I hope I'm using pronouns right. Is a transgender individual referred to as their chosen gender back to birth, or does it switch when they make the decision to live their life as they feel it should have been all along?

Anyhoo, sorry for the jack.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:lol: Wish I’d posted that.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder how'd she react if someone asked her what a hermaphrodite is.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:25 pm I wonder how'd she react if someone asked her what a hermaphrodite is.
Fake news.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

covfefe wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:30 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:25 pm I wonder how'd she react if someone asked her what a hermaphrodite is.
Fake news.
Not fake news. I used to know a person who was diagnosed. That was so long ago.

But, of course, fake news for Marjorie.
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:32 pm Not fake news. I used to know a person who was diagnosed. That was so long ago.

But, of course, fake news for Marjorie.
I watched the fascinating story of a young woman who was born intersex the other night. There are a lot of details to her life, but relevant to this is that she has neither testes nor ovaries. At some point after four years of age, but before puberty, I’m pretty sure it was still single digits, they had to decide on a gender and go with it. They chose female, performed the operations, and she grew up as a reasonably happy well adjusted young woman. She has satisfying sexual experiences with both men and women. She then got a 23 And Me DNA test done that came back with her being male. Her father said who cares, you’re a girl, it doesn’t matter what that test says. But she is really shook and questioning her whole existence. Anyway, nothing to add, the rest of the story is yet to be written.

But it’s tough enough for folks dealing with these issues without having to put up with MTG level BS.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

andrew kaczynski
@KFILE
NEW: Greene responds to our reporting in an interview with Newsmax.

Greene says, "I didn't know he was in the Capitol. I knew nothing about it until CNN started reporting it...I hope he wasn't involved. No one should have broken in the Capitol."
Volkonski wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:35 pm
Close ally of Marjorie Taylor Greene among those in Capitol mob
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/politics ... index.html
In fact, Anthony Aguero, a conservative livestreamer, activist and associate of Greene, said on video following the January 6 assault on the Capitol that he had been among those who entered and attacked those who falsely claimed it was done by "Antifa."

Snip-

Greene and Aguero have worked closely together over the years on causes such as immigration and the border wall and have attended pro-Trump rallies together. In many since-deleted videos saved by CNN's KFile, Greene repeatedly calls Aguero "amazing" and a "friend." On social media, Aguero has called Greene "one of my closest friends."

"A message was sent," Aguero said in the video streamed live on January 6 while walking away from the Capitol on Pennsylvania Avenue following the riot. "These politicians are not going to continue to get away with the abuse as they've been doing. We will continue to press on these individuals."

"The National Guard has just been called in," he continued. "A woman was shot in the face earlier. There was blood all over the floor. I recorded it for y'all. I could not go live during the whole event because the signal was either jammed purposely or there was just too many, too many people out there. Guys, I was able to make it inside the chambers and I have footage that I'm going to provide for you guys as we made our way in there.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”