Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Gregg »

:dog:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
somerset

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by somerset »

Gregg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 pm
Sunrise wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:25 pm
sterngard friegen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Members of the House can only attain their seats through election. Appointment is for Senators only.
Not only is Stern correct about appointments being only for Senators, but Gaetz lives in the Panhandle of Florida and Ivanka has just moved to Miami, so she wouldn’t even be in the same district. Poor thing will just have to miss out this time, since I’m absolutely positive she wouldn’t move to the Panhandle to run as his replacement.
In Ohio, you don't have to live in the district you Represent in Congress, you just have to be an Ohio resident. I thought all states were like that but I think I was wrong. Don't know about Florida, I'm not sure they even require you to be human so who knows what the residency requirements are.
According to this website:

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/contentV ... 20election.
The Constitution requires a Representative to be at least 21 years of age, a resident of the district from which elected, and a resident of Florida for two years prior to election.
I believe she first leased a condo in Fl in December or January, so she wouldn't qualify for the two year residency requirement ahead of a November 2022 election. As for the district residency, I would imagine she could rent an apartment in the district and spend some time there. That's how Brian Bilbray managed to qualify as a resident in CA 50.
bob

Post by bob »

somerset wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm According to this website:

The Constitution requires a Representative to be at least 21 years of age, a resident of the district from which elected, and a resident of Florida for two years prior to election.
That's the Florida Constitution discussing the Florida House of Representatives.
Image ImageImage
somerset

Post by somerset »

bob wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 pm
somerset wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm According to this website:

That's the Florida Constitution discussing the Florida House of Representatives.
Oops :oopsy:

Does Florida law determine eligibility, or is this superseded by US law? From what I see on Wikipedia (yeah, I know), it looks like the only requirement at the federal level is that the candidate be a resident of the state at the time of the election, with no residency requirement in the district.

If this is the case, Ivanka could run for FL 1
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Breaking :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Gregg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm.

But while we're here, Twitter is suddenly abuzz that Trump granted Gaetz a "Secret Pardon" and any day now Matt is gonna whip it out. Some lawyer tell me that a pardon can only be secret until its accepted, and then someone has to file some paperwork somewhere to be effective... and further, if your Daddy leaves office before that paper gets filed, the Pardon doesn't exist anymore than the Almost Federal Judges in Marbury v. Madison commissions.

The problem with that theory is obvious.

Since when has Trump been able to keep a secret?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Are secret pardons on par with Caesar’s Will?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The Strep-e le Pew.
Hic sunt dracones
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

The Ancient Aliens Guy.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:13 am

But while we're here, Twitter is suddenly abuzz that Trump granted Gaetz a "Secret Pardon" and any day now Matt is gonna whip it out. Some lawyer tell me that a pardon can only be secret until its accepted, and then someone has to file some paperwork somewhere to be effective... and further, if your Daddy leaves office before that paper gets filed, the Pardon doesn't exist anymore than the Almost Federal Judges in Marbury v. Madison commissions.

Also, the thing that always gets forgotton about: acceptance of a pardon is equal to admission of guilt.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
tek

Post by tek »

wonder if he's going to do a Trumpian "list of grievances" Keynote speech..
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am
boyffant
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

tek wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:53 am wonder if he's going to do a Trumpian "list of grievances" Keynote speech..

Afterwards he can wrestle Jim Jordan.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Remember this is in Marry Lardo: the fantasy kingdom. You cant upstage the Toddler in whining.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Weak AF statement and weasel words: "...never asked ME..."

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Why did he feel compelled to make any sort of statement? :?
I thought we canceled him. That was the last season finale.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:13 am

I thought that there was some requirement that all pardons be published in the Federal Register, or somewhere, where they are publicly available.

If that is true, a secret pardon isn't really possible.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The sad thing about this whole episode is that, unless Gaetz is indicted, convicted and imprisoned, he will almost certainly be re-elected.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:30 pm The sad thing about this whole episode is that, unless Gaetz is indicted, convicted and imprisoned, he will almost certainly be re-elected.
Well, to a lot of people... sleeping with someone underaged and getting away with it is a sign of being a good person, or at least a person of note with influence.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

neeneko wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:59 pm
noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:30 pm The sad thing about this whole episode is that, unless Gaetz is indicted, convicted and imprisoned, he will almost certainly be re-elected.
Well, to a lot of people... sleeping with someone underaged and getting away with it is a sign of being a good person, or at least a person of note with influence.
He will get away with it because Republicans learned a long time ago that as long as they and their numerous coordinated right wing media parrot over and over and over again that Democrats are evil, hate America, want to destroy America, are all criminals, love criminals more than they love their own spouses, etc, etc that is just doesn't matter how bad the Republican candidate truly is. Rick Scott won a governor's race even with wide spread media accounts of the fact that the company he ran was guilty of the biggest Medicare fraud in history. The actual sleaze of the Republican doesn't matter because Republicans have brainwashed their voters into automatically accepting that the Democratic opponent is the very embodiment of evil.

So, yeah. Long winded way of saying I totally agree. Matt Gaetz will win his next election as long as he is not actually incarcerated and there is a different Republican that his voters can vote for. If it's between Gaetz and a Democratic nominee, Gaetz will win, no question about it.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RVInit wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:36 pm He will get away with it because Republicans learned a long time ago that as long as they and their numerous coordinated right wing media parrot over and over and over again that Democrats are evil, hate America, want to destroy America, are all criminals, love criminals more than they love their own spouses, etc, etc that is just doesn't matter how bad the Republican candidate truly is. Rick Scott won a governor's race even with wide spread media accounts of the fact that the company he ran was guilty of the biggest Medicare fraud in history. The actual sleaze of the Republican doesn't matter because Republicans have brainwashed their voters into automatically accepting that the Democratic opponent is the very embodiment of evil.
I think it is more than simply 'democrats are evil', but, well, as I often phrase it, the 'natural order'. Morality is based off who you are, not what you do, it is sleezy when minorities or the wrong denomination of christianity does it, but when a godly person does the same thing and gets away with it, is evidence that they are a better person.

Put another way, they both believe the rules should apply differently depending on who you are, and how the rules are applied to you is an indication of where in the hierarchy you sit. Getting rich off fraud is fine if you are the right demographic group, in fact it shows how favored you are because, well, look at all that money you made. Same with sleeping with underaged women, if you are the right demographic group it shows you are a significant enough person to violate a taboo that takes down lesser people. Getting away with it shows your worth.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:36 pm Matt Gaetz will win his next election as long as he is not actually incarcerated
Nothing about being in prison will prevent him from running, James Traficant ran for his seat as a 3rd party. Seeing how insane the GQP has become, I can see this scumbag running as an R, winning, and serving his term while in prison...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”