2020 Election Lawsuits

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: 2020 Election Lawsuits

Post by Orlylicious »

PA 5.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

realist wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:50 pm
SLQ wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:47 pm
realist wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Well, that sucks.
Nah. He's making sure the record is complete.
Obviously not going to argue with you but I don't think that's necessary in this case. What's their appeal argument going to otherwise be, that the judge didn't let us convert to an injunction, just granted the MTD? Just sayin'. :lol: :bighug:
I was watching several of the live tweeters, which explained it differently, providing different context (not in order but self explanatory):
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
· 18m
Judge Brann tells the plaintiffs that they need a new motion for an injunction since they have a such a different amended complaint.

"You should write this down. That's what lawyers do. They write things down."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
17m
Brann notes that plaintiffs want to file a second amended complaint.

They would have to file a motion requesting the right to file that, the judge notes.
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
Replying to
@Popehat
[The judge is very clearly making a good record asking them to make their argument to amend the complaint so he can deny it based on a full record]

Rudy: could you just accept the amended complaint it's fine and it would be easier
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
20m
Judge: have you filed a MOTION for leave to file a second amended complaint?
Plaintiffs: no
Judge: you need to file one. I'm not a betting man but I think they will oppose.
Defense: but don't let them amend!
Judge: Dude calm down I'm just saying they have to ask leave
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
23m
So schedule is opposition end of Wednesday, reply noon Thursday. Judge also suggests that technically plaintiffs need new motion for injunction since old one is mooted by amended complaint. Every indication he plans to rule swiftly.
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
24m
Judge: That's the end of my questions so let's discuss post-hearing matters. I will let plaintiffs file opposition to the motion to dismiss by end of tomorrow
Rudy: the what now
Judge: the brief in opposition to the motion to dismiss
Rudy: do we have leave to amend
Judge: . . .

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

I vote for REALIST to be the Federal Judge here!

Make it happen, Foggy!

(As soon as Realist finishes transcribing Freedumb Friday, shirley he's still working on it :P )

Well, that sure was an interesting hearing!

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
chancery

Post by chancery »

Turtle wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:57 pm Maybe The Kraken is angling for an appeal due to counsel being batshit crazy.
Groucho: "That's in every contract, that's what you call a sanity clause."
Chico: "You can't a fool a me there ain't no sanity clause"

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Turtle wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:57 pm Maybe The Kraken is angling for an appeal due to counsel being batshit crazy.
Ineffective assistance of counsel is grounds for appeal in a criminal case, because there's no other remedy if your ass is in prison because your lawyer is drunk/incompetent/stupid. In civil cases, the remedy for having a crappy lawyer is to sue said crappy lawyer for legal malpractice.

Incidentally, I wonder if Rudy is carrying legal malpractice for this work. Most jurisdictions don't require it unless (like me) you have the sheer unmitigated gall to limit your liability by incorporating. Giuliani does not appear to be practicing under the aegis of an LLC or other corporate entity, so he may not be mandated to carry any, and boy howdy would it be stupid for him not to. Then again, the evidence for Rudy being an intelligent person is somewhat outweighed by the evidence to the contrary.

I can't wait until Trump sues him.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

chancery

Post by chancery »

SLQ wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:00 pm
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
20m
Judge: you need to file one. I'm not a betting man but I think they will oppose.
In case it isn't obvious, Popehat is paraphrasing in his usual snarky way.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

chancery wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:07 pm
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
20m
In case it isn't obvious, Popehat is paraphrasing in his usual snarky way.
It's obvi. :daydream: love Popehat. (IIAL, so I know a federal judge doesn't refer to an attorney as "dude.")

Edit: But these different live tweeters give context as to how it went down. The post above appears to indicate that Judge Brann just threw things things out there. He didn't.

-- Yoda
Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

With all the PA hijinx only quickly looked at the Nevada lawsuit. WTF is that? Any NV folks or others have an opinion on that brilliance?

realist

Post by realist »

realist wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:50 pm
SLQ wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:47 pm
Nah. He's making sure the record is complete.
Obviously not going to argue with you but I don't think that's necessary in this case. What's their appeal argument going to otherwise be, that the judge didn't let us convert to an injunction, just granted the MTD? Just sayin'. :lol: :bighug:
I was watching several of the live tweeters, which explained it differently, providing different context (not in order but self explanatory):
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
· 18m
Judge Brann tells the plaintiffs that they need a new motion for an injunction since they have a such a different amended complaint.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
17m
Brann notes that plaintiffs want to file a second amended complaint.

They would have to file a motion requesting the right to file that, the judge notes.
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
Replying to
@Popehat
[The judge is very clearly making a good record asking them to make their argument to amend the complaint so he can deny it based on a full record]

Rudy: could you just accept the amended complaint it's fine and it would be easier
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
20m
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
23m
So schedule is opposition end of Wednesday, reply noon Thursday. Judge also suggests that technically plaintiffs need new motion for injunction since old one is mooted by amended complaint. Every indication he plans to rule swiftly.
LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
24m
Judge: That's the end of my questions so let's discuss post-hearing matters. I will let plaintiffs file opposition to the motion to dismiss by end of tomorrow
Rudy: the what now
Judge: the brief in opposition to the motion to dismiss
Rudy: do we have leave to amend
Judge: . . .
Thanks. That certainly puts it in a new light.

Also shows (again) how incompetent Rudy is and yet another reason Kerns wants out. :lol:

ImageX 4 ImageX36
Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

edit: The Detroit stuff is in the other thread. -->https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1236452

And in Detroit.

edit: So I assume know someone is going to have to sue these clowns to get a Writ to make them certify the election??

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Longer more complete thread on Detroit BS.

edit: The NormalScrutinyHat with some Dred Scott snark

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Popehat has just changed his name:
NormalScrutinyHat
@Popehat
·
3m
The people of Detroit have no votes which Monica Palmer or the Republican Party are bound to respect.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

-- Yoda
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

Should we be worried about Wayne Co. Board of Canvassers deadlocking 2-2? What happens next?

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:30 pm Should we be worried about Wayne Co. Board of Canvassers deadlocking 2-2? What happens next?
Here .. https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1236452

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Monica seems... shady?

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Ouch.

If Rudy wasn't such a wet brain, that would have left a bruise.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:59 pm
Ouch.

The judge actually said that to the women who was Rudy's co-counsel.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Dan1100 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:05 pm
Chilidog wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:59 pm
Ouch.

The judge actually said that to the women who was Rudy's co-counsel.
Borat's daughter?

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Wayne County again..

Guess they didn’t like the blowback

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

GreatGrey wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:19 pm Wayne County again..

I imagine pressure came to bear when it was pointed out to them that the state canvassing board would just end up certifying it anyway & then charge the county for their fuckery.

Image Image Image Image Image
Addie

Post by Addie »

Detroit News: Wayne Co. canvassers certify election results after initial deadlock

The Wayne County Board of Canvassers abruptly changed course Tuesday night and certified the results of the Nov. 3 election after initially deadlocking 2-2 along party lines, which could have delayed the state process for authorizing results.

The deadlock decision was lauded by Republicans but decried by Democrats. During a public comment session, the vote was described as a targeted attack on majority-Black Detroit.

The change in course was approved by the two Republican and two Democratic canvassers with the demand that the Secretary of State's office conduct an audit of unbalanced absentee counting board results.

The decision came after absentee ballot poll books at 70% of Detroit's 134 absentee counting boards were found to be out of balance without explanation. The mismatches varied anywhere from one to more than four votes.

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

GreatGrey wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:19 pm Wayne County again..

A reply on that:
Steve Ogletree
@BigguySteveO
This was after Dana Nessel/AG filed emergency suit to force them to comply or face contempt charges
True? :confused:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Acyn Torabi
@Acyn
·
30m
Hannity says he heard Rudy Giuliani was “absolutely brilliant in his arguments today”

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Robert Costa
@costareports
·
23m
One thing I keep hearing from Rudy people tonight: they know they can't catch up. What they want -- in MI, PA, NV, other states -- is for the vote to *not* be certified. Their end game: try to force it to the House. Giuliani talking about this privately.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 pm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Acyn Torabi
@Acyn
·
30m
Hannity says he heard Rudy Giuliani was “absolutely brilliant in his arguments today”
:shit:

-- Yoda

Return to “Litigation to Overturn the Vote”