2020 Election Lawsuits

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Re: 2020 Election Lawsuits

Post by fierceredpanda »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:26 pm IANAL but seems to me that Giuliani is talking like he was on Fox News rather than in a court of law.
:winner:

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

bob

Post by bob »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:26 pm IANAL but seems to me that Giuliani is talking like he was on Fox News rather than in a court of law.
And Popehat said it was pretty weak even by FOX standards; he's unfocused and low energy, which won't please his patron.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

LastThanksgivingHat
@Popehat
·
1m
[I would fire an employee who appeared for a client in a crucial case and performed as Rudy Giuliani did. The argument, whatever its merits, could have been presented vastly more competently. This was an unprepared C student.]

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

I'm glad some of you are on the call and others are live tweeting. I just got done with a work phone conferecne, so I'm watching this thread and some twitter threads. Go team! :boxing:

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeah:

Thanks all!

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

That's precisely what I was thinking before the line went dead.

Am I being detained?
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

AT&T had one job.

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

It seems just as the judge was cranking up for the flogging, the sound cut out for everyone on twitter.

:torches: :torches: :torches: :cussing: :cussing:

edit

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Most disappointing. :(

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Dang it. I put off cleaning my house rabbit's pen in order to enjoy this.

Now I seem to have no choice but to go clean my house rabbit's pen. :doh:

Am I being detained?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein
Judge has paused the hearing because the phone lines have dropped. He says 8000 people were dialed in. Trying to sort it out. The break came as attorney Dan Donovan was rebutting Giuliani's arguments....

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

neonzx wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein
Judge has paused the hearing because the phone lines have dropped. He says 8000 people were dialed in. Trying to sort it out. The break came as attorney Dan Donovan was rebutting Giuliani's arguments....
I think the judge understands that those 8000 people came to hear him dole out the harshness, and he intends to oblige them.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1 ... 2884715521

@ZoeTillman
The intrepid @joshgerstein
is at the PA courthouse (the court didn't allow press/public into the room, but said it would have a video feed at the courthouse in addition to remote audio access) and says they're taking a break to deal with the tech issues

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Josh Gerstein@joshgerstein
Judge Matthew Brann says the PA Supreme Court just ruled, 5-2, that Philadelphia acted within state law in its handling of election observers....Still taking a break to address tech issues

Jennifer Taub@jentaub
The "mobilizing your world" slogan is not working that great right now, @ATT

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Courthouse News
@CourthouseNews
·
1m
GOP voters who were rejected by two lower courts are asking the Michigan Supreme Court to take up their election fraud case, in a last-ditch effort to stop the certification of results in the Detroit area.

https://t.co/JS6Yg9IZ1s?amp=1

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Jenna is the worst of the worst, she's nutz.

Gerstein.JPG

Looks like this is the backup, it's on the court site https://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/

Backup.JPG

And

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. v. Boockvar, 4:20-CV-02078
***The Court is aware of the telephone problem. AT&T is the custodian of the call, and we are working feverishly to restore access***

ETA 3:36pm The backup seems like it worked! It says in listen mode, don't hear anything but it didn't hang up.

ETA: 3:42pm just heard a voice saying, "There are 480 on the call already". What a screwup!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
Addie

Post by Addie »

ABC News: Infighting and an attempted 'coup': Trump team erupts into chaos as Giuliani takes over legal efforts

Giuliani filed to appear in court on behalf of the campaign Tuesday.

As President Donald Trump’s legal efforts challenging the election results continue to hit dead ends, his campaign and legal teams have descended into chaos behind the scenes as many brace for the end of the post-election fight, multiple sources tell ABC News.

Since launching a long-shot effort to overturn the election results through baseless claims of voter fraud, President Trump has suffered a dizzying barrage of court losses and setbacks around the country, leading him late last week to install Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, to lead the legal efforts going forward.

But Giuliani’s ascent has led to an explosion of infighting and disillusionment among the president’s longstanding legal team and top campaign officials, resulting in dueling factions emerging from inside the president’s dwindling campaign, multiple sources tell ABC News.

Over the weekend, Giuliani and his own team of lawyers, which also includes Trump campaign legal adviser Jenna Ellis, attempted what was described to ABC News as an internal campaign "coup"— an attempt to wrestle power away from the current longstanding Trump campaign leadership by claiming the president had given them full control moving forward, multiple sources said.

Giuliani’s team has taken over office space in the Trump campaign’s Arlington, Virginia, headquarters and Ellis, whom White House aides have previously expressed concern over, began telling Trump campaign staffers they now report to her.

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Zoe Tillman
@ZoeTillman
·
6m
Replying to
@ZoeTillman
From the 5-2 opinion from the Pennsylvania Supreme Court:
"Critically, we find the Board’s regulations as applied herein were reasonable in that they allowed candidate representatives to observe the Board conducting its activities as prescribed under the Election Code."

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

3:49pm ET: Yup, the backup line is working, a dude just said, "Your conference will begin momentarily". Number posted above in the letter. Good time to get in!

3:53pm ET: Courtroom is back on. Judges asks AT&T rep if they can continue and she said wait a moment. Then a guy said, I got the main line on... #ATTFAIL. As mentioned before... ATT. you had one job.

Do the lawyers keep billing during a delay like this? :lol:

And more on the #FAIL :lol: in PA Supreme Court:

After SIXTEEN hours, here's what the dotard thinks is so important he has to tweet it.

Wreaths.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

neonzx wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:11 pm Josh Gerstein@joshgerstein
Judge Matthew Brann says the PA Supreme Court just ruled, 5-2, that Philadelphia acted within state law in its handling of election observers....Still taking a break to address tech issues

Jennifer Taub@jentaub
The "mobilizing your world" slogan is not working that great right now, @ATT
More on PA Supreme Court case

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Mark Joseph Stern
@mjs_DC
·
3m
The decision was 5–2 because two justices wouldn't have even decided the case, preferring to rule that it is moot. The principal dissent also explicitly says that throwing out valid ballots would not be an appropriate remedy anyway. This is a total loss for the Trump campaign.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Zoe Tillman
@ZoeTillman
·
1m
Replying to
@ZoeTillman
Good news, the court sorted out the tech problem and posted new call-in information on the website: https://pamd.uscourts.gov I'm now connected and the hearing has just resumed.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Marc rubs it in :lol:

Marc E. Elias @marceelias 25m

🚨BREAKING: Trump and his allies have just lost their 25th court case. This time in the PA Supreme Court.

They are now 1-25.

More details soon...

Return to “Litigation to Overturn the Vote”