New Diseases - Coronavirus

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Re: New Diseases

Post by fierceredpanda »

Oh, now Matt Schlapp wants to talk about "bipartisan solutions."

Fuck off, Matt Schlapp.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Hey at least Gosar’s siblings don’t have to worry about getting infected by him.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Lani

Post by Lani »

If anyone is still searching for cleaners that kill bacteria and viruses, maybe consider OdoBan. It also gets rid pet accident odors, which is how I discovered it. It has also been lab tested against HIV, killing the virus in 60 seconds on hard nonporous precleaned surfaces. Kills viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. Mold is a problem in my house, and this works well and makes the house smell great. Easy to find at WalMart, HomeDepot, etc.

No idea about the coronavirus, but helpful for pretty much everything else. I even mop the floor with it!

Lani

Post by Lani »

Well, we've got #2 in Hawaii, and this one looks like he might have spread the virus to many other people. "... elderly man who lives on Oahu who recently traveled to Washington State.

Officials said he fell ill on March 2 and returned to Hawaii on March 4 when he went directly to a hospital. During his initial visit, a coronavirus test was not done.

An ambulance then took him to a hospital on March 7 when hospital staff then decided to conduct the COVID-19 test, which came back as a presumptive positive."

So has our medical genius said any more about the damn test kits???? And why the hell did the hospital personnel not become concerned when he said he became ill in Washington???? (I think that's my hospital. I was there for hours on the 3rd & 4th.)

PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:35 pm "Wuhan" Coronavirus?
He's a traditional guy. Or a throw-back.

busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Road my bike around the Port of Oakland today to see the intense preparations for the unloading of the Princess Virus cruise ship. It was impressive. Busses and trucks from all sorts of agencies - local, state and feds. Security was tight, as they scrambled to transform a busy intermodal container ship port into a facility where infected passengers could safely depart, while ensuring the local neighborhood would be safe.

Just kidding.

Here's a 20 minute video of 3 guys propping up a chain-link fence:
https://www.ktvu.com/video/662509

Addie

Post by Addie »

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

busterbunker wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:07 am Road my bike around the Port of Oakland today to see the intense preparations for the unloading of the Princess Virus cruise ship. It was impressive. Busses and trucks from all sorts of agencies - local, state and feds. Security was tight, as they scrambled to transform a busy intermodal container ship port into a facility where infected passengers could safely depart, while ensuring the local neighborhood would be safe.

Just kidding.

Here's a 20 minute video of 3 guys propping up a chain-link fence:
https://www.ktvu.com/video/662509
Ya got me.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ireland has St. Patricks day in a week, and on the newspaper this morning it was saying that hundreds of Parades are on the brink of cancellation.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost »

I am living in Vietnam, HCMC, and although there no runs on toilet paper, masks have become scarce, and all schools have been closed since the beginning of Feb. resulting in about 50% or less off usual traffic. I work at home unconnected to Vietnam, so I am selfishly enjoying the livability of things (walking my dog is always a breeze now), but I am dreading the eventual economic backlash.
Luckily Vietnam had been quite well with only a few active cases, but now this in Danang. This is only the second time since the end of the American War that a carrier has docked in Nam...
New Coronavirus cases found in Vietnamese city where USS Roosevelt is docked

New cases of the coronavirus are being discovered in Vietnam, in the same port as where 6,500 Sailors and Marines on the USS Theodore Roosevelt are docked.
The country went 22 days with no new infections, but on Friday, Vietnamese health officials discovered nine new cases, all from foreign tourists.

"Literally, the country was ready to announce that they had conquered this virus. That it had been eradicated. And then within 24 hours, all of this happens," Furman said.

Vietnamese media reported that two British tourists who tested positive for coronavirus were intercepted and quarantined in Da Nang. It's the same city that now hosts the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/ ... -is-docked
Now, this is only salacious rumor, but an American friend of mine living in Da Nang said word is the Brits visited some ladies of the evening... True or not, it is a small city with a very small expat/tourist nightlife area, so that is worrisome in itself. I first heard about it through a FB post from the pizza restaurant they ate at, announcing they are closing for two weeks...

"I said we will sacrifice the economy in the short term to protect our people's health, people's lives!" - Nguyễn Xuân Phúc
Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 »

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

CBS News
@CBSNews
·
19m
“It involves real people sitting behind fake accounts deigned to look like American accounts”

The State Department told the Washington Post that Russia is using “false personas” to spread misinformation online in order to stoke panic and undermine health officials

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

6 Italian Inmates Die During Protest Over COVID-19 Containment, Overdosing on Methadone

https://time.com/5799474/italy-prison-c ... d=83973570
Italian penitentiary police said Monday that six inmates protesting virus containment measures at a northern Italian lock-up have died after they broke into the infirmary and overdosed on methadone.

The protest Sunday in Modena was among the first of more than two dozen riots at Italy’s overcrowded prisons that grew Monday. Human rights advocates have been warning that increasing tensions over fears of coronavirus were hitting inmates particularly hard, especially after restrictions were imposed on family visits to prevent transmissions.

On Monday, inmates climbed onto the roof of the San Vittore prison in Milan and held up a painted sheet reading “Indulto,” Italian for pardon.

Donato Capece, secretary general of the penitentiary police union, accused the government of abandoning the prison system, refusing to provide sufficient measures to prevent the spread of the virus among inmates and leaving guards on their own to deal with prisoners who could now only speak to relatives by phone or Skype.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

History Lovers Club
@historylvrsclub
·
31m
A telephone operator wears protective gauze in 1918.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

"Everything old is new again."
History Lovers Club
@historylvrsclub
·
34m
Japanese school girls wear protective masks to guard against the influenza outbreak.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

History Lovers Club
@historylvrsclub
·
36m
Policemen stand in a street in Seattle, Washington, wearing protective masks made by the Seattle Chapter of the Red Cross, during the influenza epidemic in 1918.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Cross posting.

BREAKING: A D.C. priest has Coronavirus. He offered communion and shook hands with more than 500 worshippers last week and on February 24th. All worshippers who visited the Christ Church in Georgetown must self-quarantine. Church is cancelled for the first time since the 1800's
https://www.christchurchgeorgetown.org/ ... /this-week

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

NBC News
@NBCNews
·
49m
New York state now has 142 confirmed coronavirus cases, currently the most of any US state, Gov. Cuomo says.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Carl Quintanilla
@carlquintanilla
·
50m
* U.S. COLLEGES SHOULD CONSIDER POSTPONING OR CANCELING UPCOMING STUDENT INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PROGRAMS -
@CDCgov

* U.S. CDC SAYS COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES SHOULD CONSIDER ASKING STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD TO RETURN TO THE U.S. - STATEMENT
Many colleges already doing this.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

David Nakamura
@DavidNakamura
·
58m
I was literally talking on the phone about coronavirus with a former Secret Service agent who said: "Forget about rope lines. Those are the ultimate threat given hand-to-hand contact is the way this spreads" ... when this
@robcrilly
pool photo of Trump in Florida hit my inbox.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

MSNBC
@MSNBC
President Trump shakes hands with people after arriving in Orlando, Florida.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What Trump did this weekend per CNN's
@kaitlancollins
and
@Kevinliptakcnn
:

- Mar-a-Lago fundraiser.
- golf with MLB players.
- dinner with Jair Bolosarno and Rudy Giuliani and Congressmembers.
- Mar-a-Lago birthday party for Kimberly Guilfoyle.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I don't know if anyone watched Gavin Newsome's presser yesterday where HE (not the Trump Administration) announced plans and logistics for getting American's off that cruise ship in Oakland. (Even though the Feds will be handling transport). It was kind of stunning to see someone who was articulate and clearly had a deep command of the facts.

Return to “Coronavirus”