Aggressive Cannibal Rats

Volkonski

Aggressive Cannibal Rats

Post by Volkonski »

Just when things might be easing we now have aggressive cannibal rats. :eek2:

CDC warns of aggressive cannibal rats facing shortage of garbage to eat
Officials say rats have resorted to open warfare and eating their young as closures reduce edible waste

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... 1590414088
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has warned of “unusual or aggressive” behavior in American rats as a consequence of more than two months of human lockdown for city-dwelling rodents who now find themselves unable to dine out on restaurant waste, street garbage and other food sources.

Last month, according to the national health body, dumpster-diving rats were observed resorting to eating their young in the wake of urban shutdowns.

“Community-wide closures have led to a decrease in food available to rodents, especially in dense commercial areas,” the CDC said in recently updated rodent-control guidelines.

:snippity:

Elevated levels of rat aggression has been observed in New York, where there are increased reports of cannibalism and infanticide, and New Orleans, where unusual rat behavior was caught on CCTV.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: Aggressive Cannibal Rats

Post by Orlylicious »

:lol: Thought I was clicking on Orly's Poopies thread and this showed up, took a minute! Maybe these topics should be merged :P

I remember this story from last month, reminded me of birthers and sovcits on the rat battles :thor:

But many other rats are not faring as well, said Corrigan, who works as a consultant for several city health departments and businesses, such as airports and shopping malls.

"A restaurant all of a sudden closes now, which has happened by the thousands in not just New York City but coast to coast and around the world, and those rats that were living by that restaurant, some place nearby, and perhaps for decades having generations of rats that depended on that restaurant food, well, life is no longer working for them, and they only have a couple of choices."

And those choices are grim. They include cannibalism, rat battles and infanticide.

"It's just like we've seen in the history of mankind, where people try to take over lands and they come in with militaries and armies and fight to the death, literally, for who's going to conquer that land. And that's what happens with rats," he said. "A new 'army' of rats come in, and whichever army has the strongest rats is going to conquer that area."

Rats whose food sources have vanished will not just move into other colonies and cause fights over grub. They will also eat one another.

"They're mammals just like you and I, and so when you're really, really hungry, you're not going to act the same — you're going to act very bad, usually," he said. "So these rats are fighting with one another, now the adults are killing the young in the nest and cannibalizing the pups."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... d-n1180611

The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I can't fault the rats much. Humans have done that in dire circumstances also, too.

Addie

Post by Addie »

:crying: :crying: :crying:
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

neonzx wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:21 pm
I can't fault the rats much. Humans have done that in dire circumstances also, too.
Betcha a rat wouldn't eat a pizza from my local Pizza Hut. Their tactic: Lower the price and the quality.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I recently saw the Life Without People program on National Graphic or some such channel again. Without people, rat populations will crash and be much less of a problem for anything.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

the biggest rat of all

https://thetrumpybear.com/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Return to “Coronavirus”