Coronavirus: It's inside the White House

Bill_G

Re: Coronavirus: It's inside the White House

Post by Bill_G »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:54 am
Bill_G wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:45 am The White House gift shop is now offering commemorative coins features President Trump's glorious victory -

HISTORIC MOMENTS IN HISTORY: PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP DEFEATS COVID WITH ICONS OF HIS ENTIRE FIRST TERM! LIMITED 2500, GIANNINI SERIES AS SEEN WORLDWIDE, EDGE NUMBERED EDITION, PRE-ORDER SHIPS NOV 14, 2020

Just $100 each. Get yours today!
Not the real White House gift shop, though.
I wondered about that.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Axios: A West Wing meltdown ...

Frustration and anxiety built among White House staffers, who say they went days with no internal communication from Meadows about protocols and procedures — including whether they should show up to work — as COVID tore through the West Wing.

By contrast, the first lady’s chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham, emailed her staff on Saturday advising them to work from home and reminding them of CDC guidance.

And the vice president’s chief, Marc Short, emailed his senior staff at 3 a.m. Friday with an update on the president’s situation and urged them to work from home. Short also had a conference call with his staff on Saturday to take questions and explain the protocol and situation.

A senior White House official said it was "ridiculous'" that there had been no proper internal communication from the chief or operations officials since COVID started rapidly infecting their colleagues: "A bunch of us are talking about it and just gonna make the calls on our own."

The White House finally emailed staff with guidance at 8:18 last night — about 15 minutes after Axios contacted the press shop for a story about the lack of guidance. A senior official insisted the guidance email was "pre-scheduled."

The impersonal email, signed "White House Management Office," mentioned nothing about the new circumstances, and was almost identical to formulaic emails that had gone out to the staff at previous intervals before POTUS and multiple other West Wing officials got sick.

Several staffers told Axios they were furious with Meadows for leaving much of the staff in the dark, at the same time the White House was sending mixed, incomplete and inaccurate messages to the public.
Adding:
CNN - Jim Acosts: Trump furious at chief of staff for contradicting White House physician, sources say
LA Times: Trump stages drive-by for supporters after doctors disclose more serious symptoms
WaPo: Prospect of Trump’s early hospital discharge mystifies doctors

They say he is in a particularly vulnerable window for covid-19 patients and should be watched closely while taking an unusual combination of drugs.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

for the record, to document the Stable Genius :brickwallsmall: :doh: :brickwallsmall: :doh: :brickwallsmall: :doh: :brickwallsmall:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Kayleigh McEnany tests positive.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This is McEnany's tweet announcing her positive test:

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
Addie

Post by Addie »

The Hill: McEnany tests positive for COVID-19

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tested positive for COVID-19, she said Monday, making her the latest person in President Trump's orbit to contract the virus.

“After testing negative consistently, including every day since Thursday, I tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday morning while experiencing no symptoms. No reporters, producers or members of the press are listed as close contacts by the White House Medical Unit,” she said in a statement.

“As an essential worker, I have worked diligently to provide needed information to the American people at this time,” she continued. “With my recent positive test, I will begin the quarantine process and will continue working on behalf of the American people remotely.”
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Addie wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
“As an essential worker, I have worked diligently to provide needed information to the American people at this time,” she continued. “With my recent positive test, I will begin the quarantine process and will continue working on behalf of the American people remotely.”
Um :? :rotflmao: and um :confused: :smoking:
Addie

Post by Addie »

Vanity Fair - Gabe Sherman: "Don Jr. Thinks Trump is Acting Crazy": The President's COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided

The president’s recklessness at Walter Reed has Don Jr. pushing for an intervention, but Ivanka and Jared “keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source says.

Donald Trump’s erratic and reckless behavior in the last 24 hours has opened a rift in the Trump family over how to rein in the out-of-control president, according to two Republicans briefed on the family conversations. Sources said Donald Trump Jr. is deeply upset by his father’s decision to drive around Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last night with members of the Secret Service while he was infected with COVID-19. “Don Jr. thinks Trump is acting crazy,” one of the sources told me. The stunt outraged medical experts, including an attending physician at Walter Reed.

According to sources, Don Jr. has told friends that he tried lobbying Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, and Jared Kushner to convince the president that he needs to stop acting unstable. “Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source said. Don Jr. is said to be reluctant to confront his father alone. “Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy,’” the source added.

One area where the family seems united is over the president’s manic tweeting early Monday morning. After Trump sent out more than a dozen all-caps tweets, the Trump children told people they want Trump to stop. “They’re all worried. They’ve tried to get him to stop tweeting,” a source close to the family told me.

The Trump family’s private concern about Trump’s behavior could raise questions about his fitness for office. Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

John Santucci
@Santucci
Reminder - Mcenany was one of 4 aides pulled from Bedminster trip Thursday because of being around Hope sources told
@abc
-
A reminder the 4 pulled because of Hicks contact tracing
Mcenany - positive
Nick Luna - positive Saturday
Jared Kushner - negative
Scavino - negative
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Addie wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:49 am
Vanity Fair - Gabe Sherman: "Don Jr. Thinks Trump is Acting Crazy": The President's COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided

The president’s recklessness at Walter Reed has Don Jr. pushing for an intervention, but Ivanka and Jared “keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source says.

Donald Trump’s erratic and reckless behavior in the last 24 hours has opened a rift in the Trump family over how to rein in the out-of-control president, according to two Republicans briefed on the family conversations. Sources said Donald Trump Jr. is deeply upset by his father’s decision to drive around Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last night with members of the Secret Service while he was infected with COVID-19. “Don Jr. thinks Trump is acting crazy,” one of the sources told me. The stunt outraged medical experts, including an attending physician at Walter Reed.

According to sources, Don Jr. has told friends that he tried lobbying Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, and Jared Kushner to convince the president that he needs to stop acting unstable. “Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source said. Don Jr. is said to be reluctant to confront his father alone. “Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy,’” the source added.

One area where the family seems united is over the president’s manic tweeting early Monday morning. After Trump sent out more than a dozen all-caps tweets, the Trump children told people they want Trump to stop. “They’re all worried. They’ve tried to get him to stop tweeting,” a source close to the family told me.

The Trump family’s private concern about Trump’s behavior could raise questions about his fitness for office. Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”
What alternative reality are we living in where Don Jr becomes a voice of reason?
jmj

Post by jmj »

Things I didn't expect: Donald Trump, Jr being a voice of reason on any issue whatsoever.

No credit given for that tiny recognition of reality, but it serves to magnify the dysfunction in the rest of the family.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:43 am
Addie wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Um :? :rotflmao: and um :confused: :smoking:
I :lol: at both those lines. She’s delusional.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Weijia Jiang
@weijia
@shearm
, while fighting COVID-19, took time to personally reach out to those of us who were around him. Thank you for doing your own contact tracing.

We were both on AF1 last Saturday night when the President came back to talk to us.

I have not heard from the White House.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... vid-425912
How Mark Meadows Became the White House’s Unreliable Source
At a moment of crisis that demands clear and forthright information, the chief of staff is playing his old games.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
Two of Kayleigh McEnany’s deputies in the press shop have now tested positive as well, CNN has confirmed
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Daniel Goldman
@danielsgoldman
·
8m
Let’s say it all together now:

“Incubation period.”

It takes some time for the virus to show symptoms when someone contracts it. Immediate negative tests are not determinative. Hence the concept called a “quarantine.”
Quote Tweet

Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
· 1h
After Hope Hicks tested positive, Kayleigh McEnany was pulled off President Trump’s trip to New Jersey and later informed she’d had direct contact with Hicks. Yet McEnany did not quarantine and was at the White House Friday and yesterday, citing multiple negative tests.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm Daniel Goldman
@danielsgoldman
·
8m
Let’s say it all together now:

“Incubation period.”

It takes some time for the virus to show symptoms when someone contracts it. Immediate negative tests are not determinative. Hence the concept called a “quarantine.”
Quote Tweet

Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
· 1h
After Hope Hicks tested positive, Kayleigh McEnany was pulled off President Trump’s trip to New Jersey and later informed she’d had direct contact with Hicks. Yet McEnany did not quarantine and was at the White House Friday and yesterday, citing multiple negative tests.
This is what happens when you believe your cult leader, instead of the people who know better (scientists, doctors).
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:49 pm
Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
Two of Kayleigh McEnany’s deputies in the press shop have now tested positive as well, CNN has confirmed
I fear many more WH denizens will soon test positive. Just surprised that WH infections didn't increase sooner.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

McEnany is likely technically correct that she's an "essential worker," as the term is defined by various state and local orders. But not all employers require all essential workers to work onsite.

Haaretz: Trump Unleashes Odd Early Morning, All Caps Twitter Storm:
Twitter users were quick to respond and turn the tweets into a satirical hashtag, #RoidRage, which then started trending on the social media platform

Doctors treating President Donald Trump for COVID-19 are giving him a steroid and monitoring the condition of his lungs after he received supplemental oxygen, they told reporters on Sunday, hours before Trump surprised supporters outside the hospital by riding past in a motorcade.

On Monday morning Trump's Twitter feed lit up with over a dozen all caps tweets urging his supporters to vote on a variety of issues.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm
Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
I fear many more WH denizens will soon test positive. Just surprised that WH infections didn't increase sooner.
I forget where I was it, but WH workers were advised to go to their own doctors for tests/treatments and not WH doctors. Wouldn't that muddy the total positives being counted :confused: :?:
Addie

Post by Addie »

Melania deserves some credit for the East Wing being cleaned and masked for the sake of EW support and domestic staff. I'd be interested to see any comparison of the two wings' positivity rates.
Volkonski wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm
Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

We're losers, because we did NOT get Covid-19:

The Trump campaign is now attacking Biden for...not contracting coronavirus.

“He has experience — now — fighting the coronavirus as an individual. Those firsthand experiences, Joe Biden, he doesn’t have those."
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

bob wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:58 pm McEnany is likely technically correct that she's an "essential worker," as the term is defined by various state and local orders. But not all employers require all essential workers to work onsite.
She's WH spox. Is she going to Zoom her daily press briefings. :lol: 8-)

She's certainly not essential to the American people -- she only offers lies and spin. My taxpayer dollars at work. :blackeye: :roll:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 pm
bob wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:58 pm McEnany is likely technically correct that she's an "essential worker," as the term is defined by various state and local orders. But not all employers require all essential workers to work onsite.
She's WH spox. Is she going to Zoom her daily press briefings. :lol: 8-)

She's certainly not essential to the American people -- she only offers lies and spin. My taxpayer dollars at work. :blackeye: :roll:
I don’t see how lying about everything is essential.
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:21 pmI don’t see how lying about everything is essential.
"Essential worker" and "essential government services" are legal terms of art; no doubt that she and her position technically qualify.

That she uses her position to lie and distort doesn't lessen her technical correctness. It is also unseemly and gauche for her to parade her relatively meaningless status as a badge of honor.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Return to “Coronavirus”