Coronavirus: It's inside the White House

Atticus Finch

Re: Coronavirus: It's inside the White House

Post by Atticus Finch »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:42 am
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 am I think Anthony Fauci will fare all right in the long run. He has a stellar reputation going back decades. twitler and cohorts may work to destroy him, but I don't think they will succeed.
Yeah but to me Birx is toast.
So many civil servants careers destroyed by this man. It will take years to recover and if he is reelected it will take decades.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 am I think Anthony Fauci will fare all right in the long run. He has a stellar reputation going back decades. twitler and cohorts may work to destroy him, but I don't think they will succeed.
I agree. But I learned early about her that she's a right-wing fundie, so I wasn't expecting so much of her. It's too bad when you are a trained physician with a laudable background, but that gets trumped by religion.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

As well she should be, she's been a political hack the entirety of this crisis.

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I will never forget when she just sat there with her hands folded in her lap while twitler gave us his brilliant idea of drinking disinfectant. :shock:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:13 pm I will never forget when she just sat there with her hands folded in her lap while twitler gave us his brilliant idea of drinking disinfectant. :shock:
Yep. That's all I needed to know.

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:13 pm I will never forget when she just sat there with her hands folded in her lap while twitler gave us his brilliant idea of drinking disinfectant. :shock:
That's number 2 on my list of her transgressions, number 1 is when she went on TV afterwards and defended that [expletive deleted] by saying President Plague is a business man and that how he works in new info. Number 3 is her standing around with that blank smile on her face while he was pushing the malarial drug as a miracle cure.

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
kate520

Post by kate520 »

For me, the Birx moment was when she defended the OSG at some press availability in a sing-song, baby voice. I no longer remember what specifically she was defending him about.

It was as if a tiny spotlight suddenly clicked on and shined upon her; all I could see was a fundie woman deferring to a man. A stupid, malignantly ignorant man who gives not two shits about her or us or anyone else, but she automatically gave him deference in her mind because of his dangling dongle. A Man. Her Master.

Nope, can’t trust her to be straight with us either.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I can't believe somebody couldn't have simply started speaking and said something like "The president makes a good point. It's tempting to just use destructive chemicals. Bleach would kill the virus, but that can't be done inside a human. There are simple solutions ..." etc. Bury the remark under a ton of technical details. Or, maybe just chuckle and pretend he was making a joke. On the other hand, weren't they in the third hour of the twenty minute news conference? People were just exhausted.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

It's time for a new subtitled Hitler in the Bunker youtube meme.

The possibilities for devastating put-downs are staggering.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Yes. :(

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Ditto , from the moment she went on a Christian tv show and praised Trump's brilliant mind.

bob

Post by bob »

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Yikes!

Addie

Post by Addie »

The Hill: Trump Will Resume Coronavirus Briefings

President Trump on Monday said he will resume giving regular coronavirus briefings this week, reviving a practice that is controversial among some aides as infections surge across the United States.

Trump told reporters in the Oval Office he would deliver a briefing at 5 p.m. on Tuesday. It would mark his first time participating in a coronavirus briefing since late April.

The president gave daily briefings from the White House through March and April, providing updates on the administration's response to the pandemic. But the question-and-answer sessions regularly devolved into Trump bashing governors, sparring with the press and making factually inaccurate statements that undercut the federal government's overall messaging.

Some advisers have pushed in recent weeks for him to bring back the briefings, however, as his poll numbers sink and the outbreak worsens. They have argued the briefings would allow Trump to show the public he is taking a leading role in responding to the virus, even as he continues to insist it will "disappear."

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Addie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:14 pm
The Hill: Trump Will Resume Coronavirus Briefings
Oh hell no! :brickwallsmall: Why? Has he forgotten how unpopular these were before when he led these daily "briefings"?? He wants to sound more stupid on camera? More material for Biden and the Lincoln Project?

ETA: L.P. is on it! :lol:

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Oh, now he's social distancing? No masks, though.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

SLQ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:59 pm Oh, now he's social distancing? No masks, though.
And Mitch is wearing a TAN SUIT! :o :cantlook: :lol:

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

I may be wrong, but I thought this thread was about people inside the WH getting the virus? Now that the Idiot is going to start holding his stupid virus press conferences again, it might be good to have the discussion in the thread where the initial press conferences were discussed, which I think was the New Diseases thread?

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
Addie

Post by Addie »

Fine by me.
SLQ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:50 pm I may be wrong, but I thought this thread was about people inside the WH getting the virus? Now that the Idiot is going to start holding his stupid virus press conferences again, it might be good to have the discussion in the thread where the initial press conferences were discussed, which I think was the New Diseases thread?

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:54 am
So many civil servants careers destroyed by this man. It will take years to recover and if he is reelected it will take decades.
If he is re-upped, I think I am out of the world. I am barely hanging on now

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:18 pm
Atticus Finch wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:54 am
If he is re-upped, I think I am out of the world. I am barely hanging on now
Seriously... what does it take to move to Canada?

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

SLQ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:50 pm I may be wrong, but I thought this thread was about people inside the WH getting the virus? Now that the Idiot is going to start holding his stupid virus press conferences again, it might be good to have the discussion in the thread where the initial press conferences were discussed, which I think was the New Diseases thread?
:yeah:

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Addie

Post by Addie »

Business Insider: Another worker at the White House just tested positive for the coronavirus

A worker at a cafeteria on the White House grounds tested positive for the coronavirus prompting two cafeterias to be temporarily closed, CNN reported.

Officials in the administration were informed by email about the positive case on Wednesday, but were reassured that the risk of transmission was low because safety precautions were taken like wearing masks. ...

Ike's Eatery, one of the cafeterias on the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, which is across West Executive Avenue from the West Wing, was temporarily closed NBC News reported. CNN also reported that the cafeteria in the New Executive Office Building was also temporarily closed. It's unclear how long the cafeterias will stay closed, but some staffers told NBC News that it's likely that they'll be closed for two weeks. ...

The General Services Administration, which maintains the EEOB, did not tell NBC News how many staffers may have been exposed. CNN reported that email sent to staffers said contact tracing was conducted, and no executive office workers need to quarantine.

"The White House Medical Unit has done contact tracing and determined that the risk of retransmission is low," a GSA spokesperson told NBC News. Business Insider could not immediately reach the GSA for comment.

Several people tied to the White House have previously tested positive for the coronavirus. In June, a White House reporter tested positive for the virus, and in May, Vice President Mike Pence's press secretary Katie Miller tested positive.
Adding:
NBC News: White House executive office cafeteria closed after positive coronavirus test

Contact tracing is being done after positive test in office building where many senior advisers and top officials work.

Addie

Post by Addie »

CNN: Marine assigned to presidential helicopter unit tests positive for coronavirus

(CNN)A US Marine assigned to Marine Helicopter Squadron One, the unit responsible for transporting the President, has tested positive for coronavirus.

The service member had flown to Bedminster, New Jersey, in anticipation of President Donald Trump's upcoming visit there.

"Out of an abundance of caution, Marines who may have had contact with the infected Marine have been removed from the detachment. The infected Marine was never in direct contact with the President's helicopter, Marine One," a spokesman for the US Marine Corps told CNN in a statement.

"Prior to the President's planned travel to Bedminster, NJ, Marine Helicopter Squadron One (HMX-1) was informed that a HMX-1 Marine on detachment in Bedminster, NJ in support of the White House had tested positive for COVID-19," the statement added.

A senior administration official told CNN that the Marine did not have any contact with the President or any administration personnel.

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

CNN is reporting that White House National Security Advsior Robert O'Brien has tested positive for Covid-19. That is someone who must have been in close contract with 45.

Return to “Coronavirus”