Sterngard Friegen

Re: Coronavirus: Violent Extremism / Reopeners

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

neeneko wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:07 pm
Addie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:34 am
Cross-posting
After firefighters put out the blaze early Wednesday, the police found a message, “Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” spray-painted on the ground near the church’s doors, according to Maj. Kelly McMillen of the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department.

A photograph of the graffiti also appears to show an atomic symbol with an “A” in the center, which is sometimes used as a logo for atheist groups. ....
ah... ha.

Why do I suspect insurance fraud rather than militant atheists?
Cui bono?

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 »

neeneko wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:07 pm
Addie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:34 am
Cross-posting
After firefighters put out the blaze early Wednesday, the police found a message, “Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” spray-painted on the ground near the church’s doors, according to Maj. Kelly McMillen of the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department.

A photograph of the graffiti also appears to show an atomic symbol with an “A” in the center, which is sometimes used as a logo for atheist groups. ....
ah... ha.

Why do I suspect insurance fraud rather than militant atheists?
If in fact there were militant atheists who would torch a church (which I very much doubt), they would probably spell "hypocrites" correctly.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

As a militant atheist, I'm half tempted to found the Militant Unbelievers Freedom Front (MUFF) now. :lol:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

That is the phoniest spray painted, crime-scene message I have ever read.

And I edit unpublished mysteries for a living.

:popcorn:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I've never met a militant atheist. :think: I know some who can be vocal and passionate in debate, but they tend to be educated and have a good grasp on language and spelling.

Addie

Post by Addie »

WDIV: Michigan man plans to steal helicopter for hospital attack to free COVID-19 patients, police say

BAY CITY, Mich. – A Michigan man devised a plan to steal a helicopter from the Coast Guard in order to attack a police station and shooting up a hospital to disrupt the power and free the coronavirus (COVID-19) patients, authorities said.

Jesse Theodore McFadden, 70, is accused of calling Arenac County dispatchers around 8 a.m. Sunday to say he was on his way to the United States Coast Guard Station in Bay City, Michigan, to steal a helicopter, according to officials.

Plan to free COVID-19 patients

McFadden told dispatchers the helicopter would further his plan to attack a police station and shoot up a hospital, court records show.

He wanted to disrupt the power to the hospital, unlock the doors and release patients under COVID-19 quarantine, officials said.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Addie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:31 pm
WDIV: Michigan man plans to steal helicopter for hospital attack to free COVID-19 patients, police say

BAY CITY, Mich. – A Michigan man devised a plan to steal a helicopter from the Coast Guard in order to attack a police station and shooting up a hospital to disrupt the power and free the coronavirus (COVID-19) patients, authorities said.

Jesse Theodore McFadden, 70, is accused of calling Arenac County dispatchers around 8 a.m. Sunday to say he was on his way to the United States Coast Guard Station in Bay City, Michigan, to steal a helicopter, according to officials.

McFadden told dispatchers the helicopter would further his plan to attack a police station and shoot up a hospital, court records show.

He wanted to disrupt the power to the hospital, unlock the doors and release patients under COVID-19 quarantine, officials said.
And the plan included calling 9-1-1 in advance. Me thinks not such a good plan. :nope:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:38 pm
Addie wrote:

And the plan included calling 9-1-1 in advance. Me thinks not such a good plan. :nope:
And Coast Guard helicopters are not armed and not Apache attack style beasts. Even attack helicopters aren't cocked and loaded until they are needed for a mission. This guy was too long inside and needs a walk in the coutryside of Iraq or Afghanistan. Makes one wonder if this hot head ever flew a heliocopter at all. :confused:

tek

Post by tek »

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:49 pm
And Coast Guard helicopters are not armed and not Apache attack style beasts. Even attack helicopters aren't cocked and loaded until they are needed for a mission. This guy was too long inside and needs a walk in the coutryside of Irqa or Afghanistan. Makes one wonder if this hot head ever flew a heliocopter at all. :confused:
His only mistake is that the didn't plan to get the chopper in Hollywood.
There's no way back
from there to here

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Jcolvin2 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 pm
If in fact there were militant atheists who would torch a church (which I very much doubt), they would probably spell "hypocrites" correctly.
Part of me suspects it is somebody trying to make a "martyr" of the church (not necessarily attached to the church). They probably grabbed the only symbol they could find and paint.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... 60&bih=612
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

And Coast Guard helicopters are not armed and not Apache attack style beasts. Even attack helicopters aren't cocked and loaded until they are needed for a mission. This guy was too long inside and needs a walk in the coutryside of Iraq or Afghanistan. Makes one wonder if this hot head ever flew a heliocopter at all. :confused:
What you talking about...the helicopters on the games this guy plays in his basement are always armed. Just needed a power-up or two... :sarcastic:

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Addie wrote:

Wonder if this guy actually had a clue how to fly a helicopter. It's a bit harder than it looks. Actually, it's a lot harder than it looks. Most pilots with experience in both say that flying a helicopter is much harder than fixed wing, and fixed wing is not exactly easy. A couple of my colleagues are former career military helicopter pilots, and they have stories... You don't just jump over the fence at a Coast Guard station, hot wire the ignition, start 'er up and go flying.

Wonder if this guy is mentally ill. Calling the cops to tell them he's coming, and then harboring a fantasy of single-handed use of a helicopter that Rambo, Chuck Norris, James Bond or any other movie hero, would be incapable of performing even in their respective fantasy movie universes.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

;)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Wonder if this guy actually had a clue how to fly a helicopter. It's a bit harder than it looks. Actually, it's a lot harder than it looks. Most pilots with experience in both say that flying a helicopter is much harder than fixed wing, and fixed wing is not exactly easy. A couple of my colleagues are former career military helicopter pilots, and they have stories... You don't just jump over the fence at a Coast Guard station, hot wire the ignition, start 'er up and go flying.

Wonder if this guy is mentally ill. Calling the cops to tell them he's coming, and then harboring a fantasy of single-handed use of a helicopter that Rambo, Chuck Norris, James Bond or any other movie hero, would be incapable of performing even in their respective fantasy movie universes.
Of course the guy didn't know how to fly a helicopter. And yes, obviously some mental illness issues. The only initial charge was possession of a weapon by a felon, which would be automatic. He's 70 and doesn't look all that in good health. They haven't charged him with with the other potential charges for his crazy plan.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:

Not to mention trying to free Covid patients from the hospital. If patients are there, they are pretty sick.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Whatever4 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:25 pm
JohnPCapitalist wrote:

Not to mention trying to free Covid patients from the hospital. If patients are there, they are pretty sick.
Can you imagine that? Some guy liberating you from quarantine by coming into your isolation room and ripping your intubation tube out of your throat? "I'm here to save you!!!" :P

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 pm
;)

A close inspection of the two photos suggests that these are autogyros and not actual helicopters. Though an autogyro has rotary wings, they are unpowered, and the craft depends on forward thrust provided by some sort of engine (an apparent pair of rocket engines in the left aircraft and a large fan behind the pilot in the right). These are much closer to fixed-wing aircraft in how they behave than they are like actual helicopters.

Yeah, I saw the ;), but thought I would point out the science just because...

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Your technically analysis is of course correct:
'Little Nellie' Wallis WA-116 Agile Series 1 gyroplane

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/prod ... -gyroplane
:-D

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Whatever4 wrote:

Not to mention trying to free Covid patients from the hospital.
Sounds sort of Catch-22ish, doesn't it?

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

A 70yo from a rural community calling 911 with a hair brained scheme is a cry for help. Something's going on.

EastStander

Post by EastStander »

Whatever4 wrote:
JohnPCapitalist wrote:

I don’t think there is any doubt whatsoever that this gentleman is ill. There comes a point with some people where I find I can no longer laugh at them, and instead just feel concern for their mental state. A case in point: Cindy Currier.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... face-masks
No masks allowed: stores turn customers away in US culture war

Shops around the US make headlines for denying entry to those wearing masks as protesters argue against preventative measures in the name of freedom

In the last few weeks a spate of American stores have made headlines after putting up signs telling customers who wear masks they will be denied entry. On Thursday, Vice reported on a Kentucky convenience store that put up a sign reading: “NO Face Masks allowed in store. Lower your mask or go somewhere else. Stop listening to [Kentucky governor Andy] Beshear, he’s a dumbass.”

Another sign was posted by a Californian construction store earlier this month encouraging hugs but not masks. In Illinois, a gas station employee who put up a similar sign has since defended herself, arguing that mask-wearing made it hard to differentiate between adults and children when selling booze and cigarettes.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump finally caved and wore a face mask yesterday – something he didn’t want to “give the press the pleasure of seeing”. But while it is gratifying to see the emperor finally forced to wear clothes, you’ve got to wonder to what extent the virus will spread thanks to the actions of citizens insisting on protecting their “freedom” over the right of others not to get sick.

Anti-lockdown protesters have argued that it is anti-American for the government to curtail people’s freedoms in order to reduce deaths as a result of Covid-19. Meanwhile, store owners tell customers what they can and cannot wear before entering, and customers cough in the faces of workers in the name of freedom.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm dealing with this stuff every day. The CDC specifically states that people with breathing problems should not wear masks. And under various laws cannot be required to provide a medical statement.

The people where I live have medical documentation and were treated like dirt when entering a store. And now doctors will not provide documentation because of the ADA and HIPPA.

Unfortunately, total shitheads are using the ADA just like the fake service dog people. And that's harmful to people with real breathing problems.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 am
I'm dealing with this stuff every day. The CDC specifically states that people with breathing problems should not wear masks. And under various laws cannot be required to provide a medical statement.

The people where I live have medical documentation and were treated like dirt when entering a store. And now doctors will not provide documentation because of the ADA and HIPPA.

Unfortunately, total shitheads are using the ADA just like the fake service dog people. And that's harmful to people with real breathing problems.
Ammon Bundy's girlfriend KK was encouraging people to go into Costco one day without a mask and to claim they had a medical condition. Why would such a good Christian woman encourage such a wrong-headed lie? :sarcasm:

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:35 am
Ammon Bundy's girlfriend KK was encouraging people to go into Costco one day without a mask and to claim they had a medical condition. Why would such a good Christian woman encourage such a wrong-headed lie? :sarcasm:
She would want open carry in Costco because, you know, they are so dangerous to walk around in.

Return to “Coronavirus”